AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-08, 02:46   Link #141
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Spoiler for TDA2:
no problem.

I tried to be vague by using the title in my previous post... but... Ummmm... You mean... You still don't know? I thought it was obvious in TDA01... They're not even bothering covering it up anymore by TDA02 since Marimo almost blurted out the good stuff.

Attention: BIG SPOILERS for Muv-Luv Unlimited: The Day After.

if you haven't read it, do not click.

Do NOT open the tag with all your might. Do not succumb to the temptation until your last breath. Make your TDA reading session count.

Spoiler for TDA:

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-07-08 at 02:59.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 02:59   Link #142
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
no problem.

I tried to be vague by using the title in my previous post... but... Ummmm... You mean... You still don't know? I thought it was obvious in TDA01... They're not even bothering covering it up anymore by TDA02 since Marimo almost blurted out the good stuff.
Ha ha, thats what i get for not playing it fully. I played TDA00, skipped through TDA01, and was planning to do it fully before TDA02, but since the texthooker didn't work for 02, I stopped... Still, it was an educated guess

BTW, did you play Warinaki? The VN by Phi-Age. Loved the reference character in TDA02.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 03:59   Link #143
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
no problem.

I tried to be vague by using the title in my previous post... but... Ummmm... You mean... You still don't know? I thought it was obvious in TDA01... They're not even bothering covering it up anymore by TDA02 since Marimo almost blurted out the good stuff.

Attention: BIG SPOILERS for Muv-Luv Unlimited: The Day After.

if you haven't read it, do not click.

Do NOT open the tag with all your might. Do not succumb to the temptation until your last breath. Make your TDA reading session count.

Spoiler for TDA:
..
Spoiler:
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:11   Link #144
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Philosophically, we are ALL dead men walking. Johnny Walked.
Does it mean anything else other than that ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 12:02   Link #145
dmaxzero
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Spoiler for original takeru from MLA:
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 17:25   Link #146
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
Spoiler for original takeru from MLA:
Spoiler for Takeru:


Just sayin'.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:05   Link #147
Quikbeam
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
After watching a couple of episodes of the show, I have a few questions i am hoping someone can help me with, im not particularly worried about spoilers.

The Beta are clearly far more powerful and numerous than humanity and its technology. Why has humanity lasted as long as they have, 40 years or so. Looking at the numbers and strength of the Beta, it seems like they could have exterminated humanity after a few years of conflict.
Quikbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 00:36   Link #148
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikbeam View Post
After watching a couple of episodes of the show, I have a few questions i am hoping someone can help me with, im not particularly worried about spoilers.

The Beta are clearly far more powerful and numerous than humanity and its technology. Why has humanity lasted as long as they have, 40 years or so. Looking at the numbers and strength of the Beta, it seems like they could have exterminated humanity after a few years of conflict.
Spoiler for background:
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 03:50   Link #149
Dragonkid11
A random-man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
So...am I the only here who felt a heart-wrecking pain when hearing the song MuvLuv....even without experiencing the game at all?
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 04:54   Link #150
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
So, where exactly does Yui actually fit in the Muv-Luv verse? Or is she just a Total Eclipse character?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 04:57   Link #151
SABER60069
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Just a Total Eclipse character
SABER60069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 08:30   Link #152
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
What happens in Chronicles episode 3 visual novel?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 20:20   Link #153
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger
That Takemikazuchi sports the Blue with Orange lenses. "Normal" colours used by any member of the Royal family on the front lines.

The Shogunate's personal Takemikazuchi is Purple with Red lenses.
The god of despair confirmed that "someone" took the prototype Takemikazuchi to the front lines. He did not say who the pilot was, but implied that it's a character we should already know. We are free to think who ever it was -- is basically what he's saying. Remember, there are five candidates we have. Ikaruga and Maya are together during this battle so it can't be him. That Takemikazuchi came by itself with no escorts. I'm more inclined to think that Yuuhi was the Eishi.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-07-10 at 03:39.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 00:57   Link #154
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Who's the God of Despair? The creator of this series?
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 06:41   Link #155
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
So... Yui isn't the real main character and is just one of the harem girls of the male lead?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 08:33   Link #156
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
The god of despair confirmed that "someone" took the prototype Takemikazuchi to the front lines. He did not say who the pilot was, but implied that it's a character we should already know. We are free to think who ever it was -- is basically what he's saying. Remember, there are five candidates we have. Ikaruga and Maya are together during this battle so it can't be him. That Takemikazuchi came by itself with no escorts. I'm more inclined to think that Yuuhi was the Eishi.
If that was really Yuuhi.....she was a total badass...
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 23:07   Link #157
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Ha ha, thats what i get for not playing it fully. I played TDA00, skipped through TDA01, and was planning to do it fully before TDA02, but since the texthooker didn't work for 02, I stopped... Still, it was an educated guess

BTW, did you play Warinaki? The VN by Phi-Age. Loved the reference character in TDA02.
wait... did you just say you SKIPPED TDA01? Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!!
Only the dead can know peace from this evil. щ(゚Д゚щ)

That one is very important since it's necessary for world building in regards to what Babylon Tragedy brought to mankind. Not to mention, it's also the segment that introduces you to the best protagonist that has hailed the muv-luv universe, and the only female character that can be called, "Ultimate Loyal Waifu," and also Meiya's equal.

Attention: the last sentence was my subjective opinion. Do NOT lynch me.

Damn, I need to get myself under control. I apologize for the fanboyism just now.

ah.. texthooker. If you are still up to it, use an older version of ITH and not the newest one. I've heard it works for TDA01 and 02.

As for Owarinaki Natsu, Towa Naru Shirabe...


Images
TDA02
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I plan to read it soon since I completely adored Ritsuko. Besides, the childhood flashbacks might have Shizuku somewhere in the background. lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
So...am I the only here who felt a heart-wrecking pain when hearing the song MuvLuv....even without experiencing the game at all?
Can't really blame you. Try reading the trilogy. You'll cry an ocean of tears at the end when that song plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
What happens in Chronicles episode 3 visual novel?
Chaos, that's what happens. Sorry for not answering your question. I've heard there's a translation in progress even though we haven't heard much about it lately. It'd be best for you interest not to get spoiled regarding the main events. I already shared more than I was supposed to... ah... what the heck..

Spoiler for C3:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
So... Yui isn't the real main character and is just one of the harem girls of the male lead?
She's one of the main characters, but she got more exposure because of the siege of kyoto episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
If that was really Yuuhi.....she was a total badass...
She's only supposed to be 14 around that time too. Seriously, that sword dance of hers was marvelous. I guess the leaders of the regent houses are trained more earlier in life or she's just gifted. Kouki mentioned that the members of the samurai family begins their training as a cadet around 13 years old or so, but not much is known whether it applies to the future leaders of the regent houses as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Who's the God of Despair? The creator of this series?
Yes, as you may have noticed already if you watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Yoshimune Kouki is his name.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
..
Spoiler:
Spoiler for TDA02:

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-07-11 at 00:56.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 03:38   Link #158
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
wait... did you just say you SKIPPED TDA01? Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!!
Only the dead can know peace from this evil. щ(゚Д゚щ)

That one is very important since it's necessary for world building in regards to what Babylon Tragedy brought to mankind. Not to mention, it's also the segment that introduces you to the best protagonist that has hailed the muv-luv universe, and the only female character that can be called, "Ultimate Loyal Waifu," and also Meiya's equal.

Attention: the last sentence was my subjective opinion. Do NOT lynch me.

Damn, I need to get myself under control. I apologize for the fanboyism just now.

ah.. texthooker. If you are still up to it, use an older version of ITH and not the newest one. I've heard it works for TDA01 and 02.

As for Owarinaki Natsu, Towa Naru Shirabe...


Images
TDA02
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I plan to read it soon since I completely adored Ritsuko. Besides, the childhood flashbacks might have Shizuku somewhere in the background. lol.
Ah ha ha, ok, i promise to find time to sit down and read it through. The AGTH i'm using only works for TDA00 and TDA01, have not heard anything working on TDA02 yet. Tried all the different versions too. Edit: I dled and tried
ITH but none of the versions work for rUGP v6.0. Guess i'll just have to wait for a patch to come out.

And yes, Ritsuko is great, especially after Owarinaki. You would definitely like her since she is so much like Mitsuki in attitude. I would love to have the two of them meet in the ML setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Chaos, that's what happens. Sorry for not answering your question. I've heard there's a translation in progress even though we haven't heard much about it lately. It'd be best for you interest not to get spoiled regarding the main events. I already shared more than I was supposed to... ah... what the heck..

Spoiler for C3:

There's a translation? Any idea who's doing it? I only know of the German novel translation thats ongoing.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-07-11 at 10:13.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 05:13   Link #159
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
Can't really blame you. Try reading the trilogy. You'll cry an ocean of tears at the end when that song plays.
This song?

Goddammit, why do you guys have to remind me ;_; It made me remember all those time when I had fun with the character interactions and many funny stuffs that they have

You guys also made me stumbled upon this one :


...orz

Spoiler:
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 05:28   Link #160
Dragonkid11
A random-man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
The fact that I read about the MuvLuv series on freaking tvtrope first AND STILL cried after reading all the spoiler should say something about MuvLuv...


Also currently playing MuvLuv Extra-Sumika's route...I think...
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.