AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 11.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 44.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-22, 14:56   Link #301
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
A italian and female name in Italy too.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 17:49   Link #302
Cabaen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
In italy Andrea is used usually as a male name, with the "internationalization" the name is used as female name too but usually is a manly name, as wikipedia says: "The word is derived from the Greek: Ανδρέας, Andreas, itself related to Ancient Greek: ἀνήρ/ἀνδρός aner/andros, "man" (as opposed to "woman"), thus meaning "manly" and, as consequence, "strong", "courageous", and "warrior"."
Cabaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 22:12   Link #303
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
There's some new magazine scans coming out, so might as well post this here.

Spoiler:
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 23:32   Link #304
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Only 2 pages and it's missing most of the characters? Well, I guess they aren't worrried about it selling than.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-07-07 at 01:48.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 01:42   Link #305
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Only 2 pages and it's missing most of the characters? Well, I guess they aren't worrried about it being selling than.
Oh, how I love your snarky comments.

Seriously...it's completely normal to see only a couple of pages or so for a given series in each particular magazine per month. But you see, the other publications will also have a similar number of pages about it. In total, you'll get a larger number of pages after adding all the coverage up...not to mention that we don't always get all the scans, which makes your judgment a bit premature.

In this case, that's obviously not the only scan from this month. I went ahead and found another, from a different magazine:

Spoiler:


Btw, I like seeing the Alexander in 2D.

Anyway, this is obviously not the only thing they're doing to advertise the project. I expect that there will be a lot more buzz after the 16th.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 01:49   Link #306
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
I wasn't being snarky, I was being sarcastic.

Yeah but they're missing the antagonists and the other main characters. That pink haired girl just seems to be thrown in there since she's irrelevant compared to say one of the major antagonists of the OVAs. I'll still watch it but it seems like a bad choice to at least not showcase who Akito will be fighting, especially the handsome guy that makes girls weak in the knees and their hearts melt in joy.

The other scan doesn't really help retify that considering it's showing the same two characters from the other scan...
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 02:28   Link #307
rinichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
I just realize, after seeing the pic every month when they release scans....
specially this face....


Akito is the male version of Kallen, not Lelouch and Xingke. The guy is Kallen!!!
Kallen transform into a male after black rebellion, so thats what she is doing... the long time skip when she is missing...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 02:33   Link #308
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
So than that makes the scrawny gloved guy the Lelouch of the group?

Yaoi fans should be most pleased with such a development.

Or that's just how they do character faces. Isn't the first time they've used the same face type for male and female characters.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 02:40   Link #309
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
I guess? Honestly, I think you are trying way too hard, rinichan. I don't really see that myself, outside of the expression itself being similar.

For that matter, Akito's face has been drawn a bit differently in the various magazine scans than in the actual anime footage. Same goes for everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I'll still watch it but it seems like a bad choice to at least not showcase who Akito will be fighting, especially the handsome guy that makes girls weak in the knees and their hearts melt in joy.
The main antagonist's been in at least two or three magazine scans already and will surely be in more promotional artwork later, along with the rest of them.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 03:00   Link #310
rinichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
To sum it all up in my eyes, Akito looks like Lelouch, Xingke (more on the black tone of hair), has faces of serious Suzaku, and right now Kallen.
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 10:11   Link #311
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
I like Akito's pilot suit (?) design. It looks really cool.

The comments from the producer posted above are pretty interesting. Apparently something tragic happened to Akito in the past, and the mystery of his past is a key point in the plot which will be hinted at in the ED illustrations. Sounds similar to what they did with the original Code Geass series. Another aspect that people have been asking a lot is how Geass plays a part in the plot here, and whether Akito will use Geass and how. As for that, they are keeping it entirely a mystery until viewers see it for themselves. They deliberately decided to not use any sort of Geass teaser in the promotional images, trailers, etc for Akito.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:27   Link #312
Lost Cause
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 37
I don't know, several of the pictures posted here of Layla or what ever her name is covering her left eye like Lelouch did. A female Geass user might be an interesting change. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...but the waiting IS killing me!!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 18:53   Link #313
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I like Akito's pilot suit (?) design. It looks really cool.

The comments from the producer posted above are pretty interesting. Apparently something tragic happened to Akito in the past, and the mystery of his past is a key point in the plot which will be hinted at in the ED illustrations. Sounds similar to what they did with the original Code Geass series. Another aspect that people have been asking a lot is how Geass plays a part in the plot here, and whether Akito will use Geass and how. As for that, they are keeping it entirely a mystery until viewers see it for themselves. They deliberately decided to not use any sort of Geass teaser in the promotional images, trailers, etc for Akito.
As usual, thanks for the information.

We already knew from an interview way back in early 2011 that Geass itself was still going to be a part of the show, but these additional details sound good.

The way I see it, Layla/Reila is implied to have a Geass ability but Akito himself probably won't...at least not initially, though we all know these things can change over the course of the story. Which makes the situation a bit more interesting, since we could also speculate that the protagonist's tragic background might be related to Geass, directly or indirectly, and Akito or his family may even have been a victim of its effects at one point or another.

Also, I'm glad that the ED illustrations will once again serve as representations of the past, since a lot of the CLAMP art in R2's EDs was usually much more abstract (and full of too many wings, chains, etc.). Incidentally, from what little I can tell, apparently Takahiro Kimura is going to provide those ED illustrations like he did during S1.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:56   Link #314
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how they tackle the Geass aspect of the story this time. It really sounds like the series got delayed for a long time because the staff really wanted to make sure they got it right instead of just making a rehash of the same story with different characters. Hopefully it pays off and we get a great 4-part high quality OVA/movie series.

Thanks for posting all the scans and images every month too, it's nice to be able to come in to this thread from time and time and see stuff I missed out on.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 03:51   Link #315
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 23
Recently listened to the song that's to be the OP, More Than Words. I liked it. (Although I may just be biased cuz I'm a Sakamoto fan.) It sounds very otherworldly, elegant, and beautiful. <3 It kind of reminded me of a waltz and/or a cathedral.
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 05:29   Link #316
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
There's been a new official website update, which adds the following:

Cast comments (for publicity purposes, of course).
http://www.geass.jp/akito/staff.html

An information column on the E.U. setting and its history.
http://www.geass.jp/akito/world_column.html
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 06:32   Link #317
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
There's been a new official website update, which adds the following:

Cast comments (for publicity purposes, of course).
http://www.geass.jp/akito/staff.html

An information column on the E.U. setting and its history.
http://www.geass.jp/akito/world_column.html
Cool, there's a ton of setting information there, which really fleshes out the scenario and background for Akito. If they're really putting as much effort into the show itself, it could explain why they took so long to go into production. Hopefully it turns out to be really good!

Translation (not much editing, lemme know if there are serious errors or typos :P):
Quote:
The calendar used in the European Union used the Revolution Year as a dating system. In "Akito the Exiled", the story takes placed in the Revolution Year 228.

This new dating system originated from the French Revolution in 1789. In that year, the people of France rose up against the existing Ancien Régime system, and in 1790 they reset the calander as Revolution Year 1.

The wave of revolution started in France spread like a storm throughout all of Europa. But just before it crossed over the strait of Dover, the British imperial family decided to move their capital to a new continent. This resulted in the birth of the Holy Britannia Empire.

Due to the export of revolution and war throughout Europa, a man named Napoleon managed to seize much power and authority. Alas, the people feared that he would become another tyrant, and they put him to death. This was the turning point of Europa's history, and with this the E.U became a democratic region. Unlike the aristocratic values of the Holy Britannia Empire and the Chinese Federation, the E.U. would no longer value birth right in governance, and no one would be born with a claim to authority.

After this radical social change, some nobles in Britannia who disagreed with the dated system of rule in their own empire would defect to the E.U., seeking refudge as exiles. Layla Malkal is a daughter of one such noble family living in exile.

Furthermore, there is Euro Britannia. Made up of groups of nobles within the Holy Britannia Empire who have roots in old Europa, this group seeks to reclaim their ancestral territories within the E.U. by means of force. Since Emperor Charles is occupied with the events in Area 11, the conflict in the E.U. is left largely to this Euro Britannia group to take charge of.

The capital of E.U. is Paris, led by three presidents, and managed by the Council of Forty - all democratically elected by the people. The Council of Forty is based on a system established after the Revolution, and currently has over 200 members. With a declaration of war from the Holy Britannia Empire, the Council of Forty has to take charge of national defense and military matters as well.

Unfortunately, the problems of a democratic government has rearched a terminal stage in the E.U., and within the Council of Forty, populism is spreading and becoming a serious issue.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 09:17   Link #318
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In your Dreams. And Nightmares
Very interesting! Since so little has been said on the EU until now, it's nice to finally have a grasp on its history and organization. The fact that the EU has their own calender system is a nice tidbit, since they obviously wouldn't use the highly patriotic calender system of Britannia. (Though, the part about Napoleon is confusing, since according to the official CG timeline, he died at sea while returning from his defeat at the battle of Waterloo, suspected to be an assassination by the late Queen Elizabeth, and wasn't executed as it says here. Hopefully this will be cleared up eventually.)

And no, your translation is looking pretty good, no obvious errors. (Though, how did you translate "populism" from the kanji given at the end? I've never seen that term in Japanese before.)

All in all, the ova really seems to be shaping up well! I can't wait to see the first episode.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 09:53   Link #319
wredsa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Cool, there's a ton of setting information there, which really fleshes out the scenario and background for Akito. If they're really putting as much effort into the show itself, it could explain why they took so long to go into production. Hopefully it turns out to be really good!

Translation (not much editing, lemme know if there are serious errors or typos :P)

->

The calendar used in the European Union used the Revolution Year as a dating system. In "Akito the Exiled", the story takes placed in the Revolution Year 228.

This new dating system originated from the French Revolution in 1789. In that year, the people of France rose up against the existing Ancien Régime system, and in 1790 they reset the calander as Revolution Year 1.

The wave of revolution started in France spread like a storm throughout all of Europa. But just before it crossed over the strait of Dover, the British imperial family decided to move their capital to a new continent. This resulted in the birth of the Holy Britannia Empire.

Due to the export of revolution and war throughout Europa, a man named Napoleon managed to seize much power and authority. Alas, the people feared that he would become another tyrant, and they put him to death. This was the turning point of Europa's history, and with this the E.U became a democratic region. Unlike the aristocratic values of the Holy Britannia Empire and the Chinese Federation, the E.U. would no longer value birth right in governance, and no one would be born with a claim to authority.

After this radical social change, some nobles in Britannia who disagreed with the dated system of rule in their own empire would defect to the E.U., seeking refudge as exiles. Layla Malkal is a daughter of one such noble family living in exile.

Furthermore, there is Euro Britannia. Made up of groups of nobles within the Holy Britannia Empire who have roots in old Europa, this group seeks to reclaim their ancestral territories within the E.U. by means of force. Since Emperor Charles is occupied with the events in Area 11, the conflict in the E.U. is left largely to this Euro Britannia group to take charge of.

The capital of E.U. is Paris, led by three presidents, and managed by the Council of Forty - all democratically elected by the people. The Council of Forty is based on a system established after the Revolution, and currently has over 200 members. With a declaration of war from the Holy Britannia Empire, the Council of Forty has to take charge of national defense and military matters as well.

Unfortunately, the problems of a democratic government has rearched a terminal stage in the E.U., and within the Council of Forty, populism is spreading and becoming a serious issue.
Looks like Napoleon played the part of Qin Shi Huangdi, and the people who overthrow him is Han Dynasty.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 10:34   Link #320
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Very interesting! Since so little has been said on the EU until now, it's nice to finally have a grasp on its history and organization. The fact that the EU has their own calender system is a nice tidbit, since they obviously wouldn't use the highly patriotic calender system of Britannia. (Though, the part about Napoleon is confusing, since according to the official CG timeline, he died at sea while returning from his defeat at the battle of Waterloo, suspected to be an assassination by the late Queen Elizabeth, and wasn't executed as it says here. Hopefully this will be cleared up eventually.)

And no, your translation is looking pretty good, no obvious errors. (Though, how did you translate "populism" from the kanji given at the end? I've never seen that term in Japanese before.)

All in all, the ova really seems to be shaping up well! I can't wait to see the first episode.
Really? There's an official CG timeline which talks about Napoleon? I had no idea. Lol. It's pretty weird that they would release official material contradicting previously released info. I wonder if there's a reason for that, or if they just changed their minds and decided to retcon it...

大衆迎合主義 is definitely populism. 大衆迎合 literally means pandering to the general public (being populist), while 主義 denotes it being an ideology, in this case a political one. It's pretty easy when you break it up.

Edit: Btw, does anyone know what E.U. really stands for? I keep seeing "Euro Universe" in the previous Code Geass materials, but it's definitely not that in the Akito stuff. They keep using ユーロピア共和国連合 which is literally Europia Union. I translated it to European Union because that's what it is in real life now, and it sounds better, but it probably should be left as Europia Union. It really does seem like they're changing the entire E.U. background and name to suit what the new director wants. Is there any more info on this? Thanks!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.