AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-08, 23:46   Link #1001
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
As a mech comment have to say the latest episode has left me a bit disappointing in the Dark Hound. It has some nice tricks (stunning flash and the hooks), but just completely lacks firepower even compared to the basic AGE-2. The Dark Hound looks cool, but has issues. Think Asemu should put in a request for the AGE Builder to spit out some Double Bullet parts. There was nothing wrong with that machine.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 23:57   Link #1002
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
As a mech comment have to say the latest episode has left me a bit disappointing in the Dark Hound. It has some nice tricks (stunning flash and the hooks), but just completely lacks firepower even compared to the basic AGE-2. The Dark Hound looks cool, but has issues. Think Asemu should put in a request for the AGE Builder to spit out some Double Bullet parts. There was nothing wrong with that machine.
It was kinda obsolete as a top tier MS as of Kio's chapter and seems to be equiped with the wrong weapons for dealing with X-rounder enemy suits. By asking nicely, Asemu could even get newer Sigmasis weapon parts.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 05:22   Link #1003
Sinzz
Orange
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pasadena
At least Dark Hound is getting quite a bit of action scenes in that episode and show's off how it utilizes its close quarter combat weapons with its flash, and hook shots to keep the enemy within striking range. I'm disappointed in AGE-3. That suit was such a nice design as well as all of its wears, yet it barely gets to do anything, and each wear had like 1 episode where it was shown off destroying the battlefield, and that was it. I'm starting to really hate this time progression thing because of how it isn't showing the gundam at its full potential, instead it's trying to sell the toys. And now we have AGE-FX which will be shown slicing off heads of mobile suits and funnel spamming. Where has all the action gone?!
Sinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 05:35   Link #1004
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
As a mech comment have to say the latest episode has left me a bit disappointing in the Dark Hound. It has some nice tricks (stunning flash and the hooks), but just completely lacks firepower even compared to the basic AGE-2. The Dark Hound looks cool, but has issues. Think Asemu should put in a request for the AGE Builder to spit out some Double Bullet parts. There was nothing wrong with that machine.
I was like "WHAATT?" when Dark Hound head shotted Legilis and there was no damage. Asemu could have killed both Legilis and the fat guy if he had a superior machine
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 06:50   Link #1005
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I was like "WHAATT?" when Dark Hound head shotted Legilis and there was no damage. Asemu could have killed both Legilis and the fat guy if he had a superior machine
I was half-expecting the lance separate and reveal the reportedly hidden Hyper DODS to blast the head, but sadly... Raddock did note that they didn't factor the appearance of the Legilis (thus Kio's gullibility) in the rescue plan. They were preparing the hardware as early as episode 36 (right after Kio's capture); Asem did request the transfer of the Normal parts.

About the Age-3; I believe the Fortress is still intact. FX = Fortress Extended?
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 07:58   Link #1006
quagmire
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinzz View Post
At least Dark Hound is getting quite a bit of action scenes in that episode and show's off how it utilizes its close quarter combat weapons with its flash, and hook shots to keep the enemy within striking range. I'm disappointed in AGE-3. That suit was such a nice design as well as all of its wears, yet it barely gets to do anything, and each wear had like 1 episode where it was shown off destroying the battlefield, and that was it. I'm starting to really hate this time progression thing because of how it isn't showing the gundam at its full potential, instead it's trying to sell the toys. And now we have AGE-FX which will be shown slicing off heads of mobile suits and funnel spamming. Where has all the action gone?!
And we said the Titus was the fastest Gundam to be tossed.... Orbital made its debut, got captured, and then destroyed.

I agree with the time progression. Up until Kio got captured, we seen him struggle piloting the Age 3( ignoring the Fortress time when Kio was taking the spies advice and was working). Then all of a sudden we see the Age 3 struggling to keep up with Kio's mad piloting skills.... Where did that come from?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 15:55   Link #1007
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
And we said the Titus was the fastest Gundam to be tossed.... Orbital made its debut, got captured, and then destroyed.

I agree with the time progression. Up until Kio got captured, we seen him struggle piloting the Age 3( ignoring the Fortress time when Kio was taking the spies advice and was working). Then all of a sudden we see the Age 3 struggling to keep up with Kio's mad piloting skills.... Where did that come from?
Clearly the Asuno's are genetically geared to only unleash their true piloting abilities when someone they care about gets killed.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 16:25   Link #1008
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
And we said the Titus was the fastest Gundam to be tossed.... Orbital made its debut, got captured, and then destroyed.

I agree with the time progression. Up until Kio got captured, we seen him struggle piloting the Age 3( ignoring the Fortress time when Kio was taking the spies advice and was working). Then all of a sudden we see the Age 3 struggling to keep up with Kio's mad piloting skills.... Where did that come from?
Indeed, where did that come from? in my opinion, Kio hasnt earned the right to say that his Mobile suit cant keep up with him, he hasnt done anything worth mentioning in the AGE-3 yet.

Except that he managed to go one on one with Zeheart in his inferior machine and win, thats about it, and that's with Zeheart in a inferior machine that couldnt keep up with him.

Kio is not a good pilot yet, which we've been shown several times, him suddenly becoming a überpilot that is able to outpilot the AGE-3 in less than two episodes (Without him piloting at all!) is a new level of retardation that AGE has delivered.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 17:21   Link #1009
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
"My machine is inferior, can't keep up with me, it's outdated" are all bullshit excuses. A good pilot makes due with what he's got. Just look at Treize for example, taking out mobile dolls in a Leo, the worst grunt suit in the history of Gundam. IIRC Heero also owned up MDs with a Leo...
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 17:38   Link #1010
quagmire
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
"My machine is inferior, can't keep up with me, it's outdated" are all bullshit excuses. A good pilot makes due with what he's got. Just look at Treize for example, taking out mobile dolls in a Leo, the worst grunt suit in the history of Gundam. IIRC Heero also owned up MDs with a Leo...
Kio's isn't an excuse. You can see the Age-3 malfunctioning when it couldn't keep up with Kio. When Kio commanded the right arm to move, you see the right arm lock up and electric shocks coming out of the shoulder which then Ezcelant cut the arm off shortly after that.

Oh when Treize owned MD's in a Leo, the MD's were Leo's..... When did Heero own MD's in a Leo? The only time I can remember him being in a Leo was when he joined the Treize faction in episode 30 was it? And the MD's owned Heero until Noin dropped off Wing Gundam's beam rifle which Quatre in an Aries used it to destroy the MD's.....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 19:27   Link #1011
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
It's just his reflexes, guys. He can still have reflexes that outpace his machine without having awesome skills or experience.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 20:59   Link #1012
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
"My machine is inferior, can't keep up with me, it's outdated" are all bullshit excuses. A good pilot makes due with what he's got. Just look at Treize for example, taking out mobile dolls in a Leo, the worst grunt suit in the history of Gundam. IIRC Heero also owned up MDs with a Leo...
Can't dodge bits if it can't keep up with you.

Just wondering if the AGE-FX was built using data from Zeheart's MS or also incorporated the Legilis?

Other than the bit units, the AGE-FX is still outclassed by the Legilis' chest cannon, tail cannon, and a shield.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 21:36   Link #1013
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Training and experience is a lot more important than technology. The latest technology in the hands of a poorly trained soldier loses a lot of its effectiveness.

The North Koreans used T34-85s in their invasion of the South, one of the best tanks of WWII, yet their poor training and experience using them allowed US and UN forces to beat them using the inferior M4 Shermans, which had less firepower and armor than the T34s. They key was that they were better trained, battle hardened and very experienced.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 23:32   Link #1014
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's just his reflexes, guys. He can still have reflexes that outpace his machine without having awesome skills or experience.
Not to mention that the machine itself still reflects the damage incurred during the capture.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 01:26   Link #1015
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Not to mention that the machine itself still reflects the damage incurred during the capture.
There's that too. The loss of an arm would've affected AMBAC performance, and the legs were a bit squashed, which probably did some damage to the thrusters. And the Ghirarga's X-Transmitter bits hit one of the back engines.

And the Normal doesn't seem to have too good a performance in space. That said, he still did pretty damn well for what's only his third sortie in space.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 02:58   Link #1016
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
There's that too. The loss of an arm would've affected AMBAC performance, and the legs were a bit squashed, which probably did some damage to the thrusters. And the Ghirarga's X-Transmitter bits hit one of the back engines.

And the Normal doesn't seem to have too good a performance in space. That said, he still did pretty damn well for what's only his third sortie in space.
First Battle, he got his butt kicked by Asemu, which is understandable, you know, with his dad being a top-tier pilot with loads of experience.

Second Battle, go up against two commanders with state of the arc mobile suits, he is forced to retreat, change his mind, rush back into battle and get captured like the dumbass he is.

Third Battle, He gets shot down in a damaged orbital, that's fine, you know? it was really, really banged up.

But then he suddenly outpaces his AGE-3? he has given us no indication that he has ever had that good reflexes, but now suddenly he does, and the AGE-3 just goes full retard and breaks on him.

i just dislike the classic powerlevel jump for no reason at all, now, in the next episode, we will see MS headchopping with none of them blowing up, all hail the plot
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 03:14   Link #1017
Setsuna Asuka
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Jersey<_<
Age: 28
Like father like son?
__________________
Signature Removed By Administrator (NightWish) - Your signature was 187419 Bytes too big by our rules, please make it smaller.
Setsuna Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 06:41   Link #1018
RX93-2
White Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Amuro was better then the rx-78 halfway its original series, the machine was literally breaking because of the manouvres Amuro tried to make it do. The retooling with updated armor and systems helped a bit. (and the G3 in the novels/manga) But they still made the Alex to keep Amuro in a better MS.
By the end of the original MSG Amuro was using a machine that was outdated by ZEON ms' and that couldn't keep up with him. He still won.

I'm not saying Kio being too good for the Age3 isn't possible but it is an awkward jump and he didn't even go through a "I'll make this work" phase.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:42   Link #1019
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
Amuro was better then the rx-78 halfway its original series, the machine was literally breaking because of the manouvres Amuro tried to make it do. The retooling with updated armor and systems helped a bit. (and the G3 in the novels/manga) But they still made the Alex to keep Amuro in a better MS.
By the end of the original MSG Amuro was using a machine that was outdated by ZEON ms' and that couldn't keep up with him. He still won.

I'm not saying Kio being too good for the Age3 isn't possible but it is an awkward jump and he didn't even go through a "I'll make this work" phase.
Ezelcant kept feeding Kio Rare Candy when he was on the Vagan's second moon.

Glad we cleared that out
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 08:23   Link #1020
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quite funny how Kio manages to pilot the Age-3 fine for the last few episodes but after being captured he gained piloting skills that were never foreshadowed and suddenly Age-3 can't keep up

One possible reason is that he got used to Age-3 Orbital and its speed & maneuverability, but for the Age-3 not only incapable of keeping up, but breaking/malfunctioning from his commands?
More like Flit send a defective unit to Asemu.
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.