AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-08, 11:53   Link #3741
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
Kira is artificial from top to toe on a genetic leven. that's the whole point of the ultimate coordinator project.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 16:28   Link #3742
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
If you read the manga Lowe mentions that the phase shift armour did protect Kira from the explosion, but the heat generated was extremely high and within the closed off cockpit he would have died...
Yeah, but like I said, Kira has been through a similar situation and his body has proven to be tough. Add to the fact that Orb would know more about how to deal with Coordinators than the doctor at the Archangel, Kira has a very good chance at surviving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Not really, I mean the phase shit armour ran out, and the energy of the suit in general, which meant the suit's cooling systems were shut off.
Thank god it was raining after....
Actually, it was raining while the fight was going on and long after it has ended, the explosion would've been much quicker than the Earth entry, and the Strike's power ran out only after Lowe took Kira out, as shown by the dimming of the eyes.

So, again, the situation is not as bad as it sounds given the fact that Kira is a Coordinator.

Last edited by monster; 2012-07-08 at 16:48.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 22:41   Link #3743
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Didn't he say that to Sai? Why would Kira take things seriously with Sai?
Imagine if that quote retroactively applied to Impulse vs. Freedom.

Based on what I've watched, neither Kira nor Shinn knew each other prior to and during the two duels between each other; the only thing Shinn knew was the Freedom. Kira also never knew Shinn, until Athrun told him.
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 23:10   Link #3744
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Imagine if that quote retroactively applied to Impulse vs. Freedom.
It's not certain that it can apply. With Sai, Kira knows the difference in strength because they know each other.
Quote:
Based on what I've watched, neither Kira nor Shinn knew each other prior to and during the two duels between each other; the only thing Shinn knew was the Freedom. Kira also never knew Shinn, until Athrun told him.
That's correct. That is why Kira can't just say what he said to Sai in this situation.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 04:04   Link #3745
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
So, for the past couple of weeks, I have been formulating my own little SEED fanfiction. I've made A LOT of big chances, so you can pretty much just call it an alternate universe for the Cosmic Era. Now, one thing I'm chaning is this whole ZAFT and building/stealing Gundams stuff, that's gone. Any and all Gundams will belong to the Earth Alliance.

Now, with that I come to a bump in the road. Which is how Orb design's there MS. I was never a fan of the Astray, or Murasame. So I'm trying to figure out what type of MS Orb can use. I was thinking of them just having your Strike Daggers and the like, but in different colors. Suggestions? I'm all ears for any ideas you have, don't feel constrained by the anime, I've already made enough changes to pretty much make it unrecongnizable.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 04:12   Link #3746
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Kinda hard to use the Destiny setting without the Destiny Gundam considering it's a ZAFT only product... Just like nearly every other important Gundam in the series.

And why are you even trying to change what ORB uses? They're their own country, why would they ditch their own pride and joy mecha series for Strike Draggers of all things? those things are very ineffective and can't even turn into planes. There's a reason why ORB stuck to the Murasama and considering the EA's track record, most of their things gets destroyed by ZAFT products, they were smart trying to make Astray's.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 13:21   Link #3747
THOMASBARNES
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
This is a question to everyone

What do you think would happen if the Aegis never ran out of power in the death match between Kira and Athrun?
THOMASBARNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 16:04   Link #3748
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Kinda hard to use the Destiny setting without the Destiny Gundam considering it's a ZAFT only product... Just like nearly every other important Gundam in the series.

And why are you even trying to change what ORB uses? They're their own country, why would they ditch their own pride and joy mecha series for Strike Draggers of all things? those things are very ineffective and can't even turn into planes. There's a reason why ORB stuck to the Murasama and considering the EA's track record, most of their things gets destroyed by ZAFT products, they were smart trying to make Astray's.
I said SEED fanfic. Not Destiny fanfic.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 16:23   Link #3749
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOMASBARNES View Post
This is a question to everyone

What do you think would happen if the Aegis never ran out of power in the death match between Kira and Athrun?
Than Kira will used his dagger to kill Athrun...
(For some reason he defeated most name ace(s) with dagger in strike...)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 22:11   Link #3750
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Obviously Kira would have died.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 23:25   Link #3751
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOMASBARNES View Post
This is a question to everyone

What do you think would happen if the Aegis never ran out of power in the death match between Kira and Athrun?
He would just annoy Kira a few seconds longer and will still fail to kill him.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 00:35   Link #3752
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I said SEED fanfic. Not Destiny fanfic.
Seed is done unless you feel like trying to retread the SEED plot which has been dne numerous times already. Besides, what are you gonna do about ZAFT's Gundams in SEED? Pretty important to the plot, like the Freedom which is not of EA make but ZAFT having reversed engineered the captured Gundams. Which makes sense since ZAFT aren't a bunch of idiots.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 00:40   Link #3753
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Seed is done unless you feel like trying to retread the SEED plot which has been dne numerous times already. Besides, what are you gonna do about ZAFT's Gundams in SEED? Pretty important to the plot, like the Freedom which is not of EA make but ZAFT having reversed engineered the captured Gundams. Which makes sense since ZAFT aren't a bunch of idiots.
Well, in my story, ZAFT doesn't steal the Gundams. They will attack Heliopolis, but their intention will be to destroy the Gundams, not steal. But they will steal information on the Gundams through spies and such during their construction. And since I don't like the Freedom Gundam, or Justice, I will not be using them. As I said before, there are incredibly drastic changes to the story. I am either having Kira Yamato keeping the Strike throughout the whole story, or I will upgrade him to the Providence Gundam, which will remain much of the same, but just be built by the Earth Alliance instead. Not sure yet. I'm still doing a lot of planning, I won't start writing till I get everything figured out.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 06:48   Link #3754
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
That makes even less sense. The EA left the Gundams virtually undefended, there's no reason ZAFT wouldn't want to steal the fresh Gundams that promise to revolutionize the battlefield and will give ZAFT a very strong edge over the EA.

And the EA aren't even the good guys, why would they build the Providence either? They couldn't even get the base Gundams going and the druggies Gundams were laughably basic compared to the Freedom and Providence. It also makes no sense to make something like the Providence since the EA has no one that could even pilot that thing while they had 4 pilots already planned for the first Gundams once the OS was finished for Natural use.

You would have to replace every EA character and suddenly make them competent and ZAFT incompetent to go with the Providence as EA make and ZAFT being too stupid to steal the Gundams.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:15   Link #3755
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That makes even less sense. The EA left the Gundams virtually undefended, there's no reason ZAFT wouldn't want to steal the fresh Gundams that promise to revolutionize the battlefield and will give ZAFT a very strong edge over the EA.

And the EA aren't even the good guys, why would they build the Providence either? They couldn't even get the base Gundams going and the druggies Gundams were laughably basic compared to the Freedom and Providence. It also makes no sense to make something like the Providence since the EA has no one that could even pilot that thing while they had 4 pilots already planned for the first Gundams once the OS was finished for Natural use.

You would have to replace every EA character and suddenly make them competent and ZAFT incompetent to go with the Providence as EA make and ZAFT being too stupid to steal the Gundams.
Oh right, that brings me to yet another change I've made. Strike Daggers, already exist in this story. But they're old and pretty much ineffective against GINNS. The Gundams are made to spear head new MS technologies and designs. I'm replacing the Strike Dagger'ss glorious debut at Panama with the Windam (love that thing).

With the change of ZAFT not stealing the Gundams, I am creating pretty much an entirely new different SEED universe, one that is drastically different. It's not mean to be like the original.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:37   Link #3756
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That makes even less sense. The EA left the Gundams virtually undefended, there's no reason ZAFT wouldn't want to steal the fresh Gundams that promise to revolutionize the battlefield and will give ZAFT a very strong edge over the EA.

And the EA aren't even the good guys, why would they build the Providence either? They couldn't even get the base Gundams going and the druggies Gundams were laughably basic compared to the Freedom and Providence. It also makes no sense to make something like the Providence since the EA has no one that could even pilot that thing while they had 4 pilots already planned for the first Gundams once the OS was finished for Natural use.

You would have to replace every EA character and suddenly make them competent and ZAFT incompetent to go with the Providence as EA make and ZAFT being too stupid to steal the Gundams.
There is Zaku Providence ^^-.
Also fanfiction = you know fan fiction.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 10:21   Link #3757
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
FYI, there's a Gundam fanfiction thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27123
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 17:55   Link #3758
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
FYI, there's a Gundam fanfiction thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27123
I haven't started writing my story yet, and since my question was SEED related. I figured I would post it in a more lively thread.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 18:20   Link #3759
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
What exactly is your question?

Btw, Kira can't controle the DRAGOON system in Seed. He is not a newtype at that point.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 20:22   Link #3760
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I haven't started writing my story yet, and since my question was SEED related. I figured I would post it in a more lively thread.
I figured since you're asking for ideas to help with your story creation, you're not exactly talking about SEED anymore.

And hey, a thread becomes lively when you post in it. You might even get the attention of people who don't care about the official SEED but would be interested in brainstorming for a fanfiction.

Anyway, it's just a thought.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.