AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2005-12-27, 13:21   Link #81
Xephonia
Half human/ Half anime
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless

It has a ton of loli-fanservice every other episode.

Ok i need to disagree with you here. I don't think SnS is centered on loli and has a ton of loli-fanservice. There's only a few fanservice and its not CENTERED on loli.
__________________
Xephonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 03:13   Link #82
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Yes.
Err, no. Yes Shana is physically about 11-12, but not mentally, unless you're talking about her relationships with other people. One of the strong points of this show is how Shana has no experience in long-term relationships with people other than two. (Alastor and one other who will be introduced later)


Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
It has a ton of loli-fanservice every other episode.
As Xe said earlier, no it doesn't, niether a ton nor loli-centered. We didn't even have any fanservice at all until episode 4.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
episode 2 is actually the strange one that now more or less stands out as an inconsistent sore thumb of the whole show.
Nnno, episode 2 is the nice episode that delves into the tragedy of having your existence completely wiped so none of the people you cared for or cared for you know you ever existed. It also showed Shana's initial cold-heartedness to the matter and showed how Yuji did care. Plus it gave us a lot of information on what the heck was going on. How the heck is that episode inconsistent? I can hardly bring myself to believe you actually watched the episode.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
it is about loli fan-service and action, so he's quite correct.

It seems you are the one here who don't even know what you are talking about
Ummm, sorry, no it's not. Action yes, loli fanservice, no. Girls Bravo was about fanservice. (not centered) Shuffle is about fanservice. (not centered) And if Shana was so much about fanservice why does it not have more of it? The fanservice is abonus, but the drama is the main thing. This anime started as a novel, how would a novel succeed in fanservice? There are visuals like, every 30 pages. The novels were so good because they were about drama. And the anime is following the novels very closely with the exception of episode 2, which was an awesome episode for drama. And episode 9, which was part filler, but also served to show that Kazumi realizes how close Yuji and Shana are.

Sorry, you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. (as well) How much of the anime have you been watching recently, anyway? You're "knowledge" of the series makes me question this, especially how you somehow have come to think episode 2 is inconsistent...

I'm done now.


A couple of other anime I like(d) from 2005 and some lower-tier ones:

ZOIDS Genesis (I just love the flow and pacing of the story, it was a big sigh of relief and happiness while watching the later half of GSD )
School Rumble
FMP TSR
Erementar Gerad
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2005-12-28 at 03:30.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 03:24   Link #83
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I just really need an opinion on this: Who thinks episode 2 was inconsistent? I don't think it was but I just need opinions. I just want to know if you thought so or not and why.
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2005-12-28 at 03:46.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 04:10   Link #84
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Err, no. Yes Shana is physically about 11-12, but not mentally, unless you're talking about her relationships with other people. One of the strong points of this show is how Shana has no experience in long-term relationships with people other than two. (Alastor and one other who will be introduced later)
You apparently don't even understand what the term "loli" means. Yes Shana is loli, and yes the show is a loli moe show.

Quote:
As Xe said earlier, no it doesn't, niether a ton nor loli-centered. We didn't even have any fanservice at all until episode 4.
Shana fan-service = loli fan-service.

Quote:
Nnno, episode 2 is the nice episode that delves into the tragedy of having your existence completely wiped so none of the people you cared for or cared for you know you ever existed. It also showed Shana's initial cold-heartedness to the matter and showed how Yuji did care. Plus it gave us a lot of information on what the heck was going on. How the heck is that episode inconsistent? I can hardly bring myself to believe you actually watched the episode.
Because later on it completely ignores any vestige of serious depth and drama brought about by episode 2 and becomes the standard loli moe fan-service show.

Quote:
Ummm, sorry, no it's not. Action yes, loli fanservice, no. Girls Bravo was about fanservice. (not centered) Shuffle is about fanservice. (not centered) And if Shana was so much about fanservice why does it not have more of it? The fanservice is abonus, but the drama is the main thing. This anime started as a novel, how would a novel succeed in fanservice? There are visuals like, every 30 pages. The novels were so good because they were about drama. And the anime is following the novels very closely with the exception of episode 2, which was an awesome episode for drama. And episode 9, which was part filler, but also served to show that Kazumi realizes how close Yuji and Shana are.
Why does it no have more of it? Because it already has enough fan-service, there are already tentacles, anything more it'll become a hentai porn. And the novel is not so good, it's just a light novel targetted at young audience. And of course there are moe fan-service in novels, just like there are porn novels. It's not all about fan-service, so yes it is action AND loli fan-service. Like I said, it's a jack of all trade show, it does everything, but excels at none.

Quote:
Sorry, you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. (as well) How much of the anime have you been watching recently, anyway? You're "knowledge" of the series makes me question this, especially how you somehow have come to think episode 2 is inconsistent...
Don't be so full of yourself, just because other people are not so shallow like you and don't take the show as something to worship. I've watched to ep12, and it's an okay 2nd grade show. You apparently don't even have any idea of what "loli" means, so indeed you have clearly shown that you have no idea of what you yourself are talking about
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 04:27   Link #85
stonedzombie
またね
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
I just really need an opinion on this: Who thinks episode 2 was inconsistent? I don't think it was but I just need opinions. I just want to know if you thought so or not and why.
the only thing inconsistent to me was,

Spoiler:
stonedzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 04:33   Link #86
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Hoo-boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
You apparently don't even understand what the term "loli" means. Yes Shana is loli, and yes the show is a loli moe show.
And yet, strangely enough, there seems to be a lot more focus on the drama of the show....


Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Shana fan-service = loli fan-service.
...and is this central to the show? Is the anime focusing on fanservice at all? No, thank you very much. Again, there wasn't even any fanservice at all until episode 4. Proof, not evidence but proof that this show does not focus and is not just about fanservice. It's there for as an omake. The meat is the drama, as with other anime.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Because later on it completely ignores any vestige of serious depth and drama brought about by episode 2 and becomes the standard loli moe fan-service show.
Schuwhatum now? The series has shown plenty of depth. I don't really see any reasoning here on your part, I just see "The series has no depth" and that's it. Oh, and "It's loli-fanservice."


Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Why does it no have more of it? Because it already has enough fan-service, there are already tentacles, anything more it'll become a hentai porn. And the novel is not so good, it's just a light novel targetted at young audience. And of course there are moe fan-service in novels, just like there are porn novels. It's not all about fan-service, so yes it is action AND loli fan-service. Like I said, it's a jack of all trade show, it does everything, but excels at none.
Are you kidding? This show can't even be considered a true fanservice-only series with what it currently has. We don't even have fanservice every episode. What about true fanservice series like Girls Bravo?

Dude, novels don't work as fanservice, because there are no visuals. If the readers can actually get off on fanservice given in words, then that means they're either on something or the writing was damn good.

Yeah, umm, and these tenetacles were serving fanservice in what respect, hmm? I saw them doing nothing more than restraining Shana, but maybe you were on something and saw some illusion?


Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Don't be so full of yourself, just because other people are not so shallow like you and don't take the show as something to worship. I've watched to ep12, and it's an okay 2nd grade show. You apparently don't even have any idea of what "loli" means, so indeed you have clearly shown that you have no idea of what you yourself are talking about
Errr, wow you really like to slap your opponents huh? And my repsonses to each quote were longer (and deeper ) than yours.... Just because you got smacked by me and several others about episode 6 back in the old Shana thread before the hack, doesn't mean you can go and act high and mighty here in a different thread.

But that has brought a great idea to me. Let's move this debate into the SnS thread where it belongs! Come on now, you haven't been there since you got smacked about episode 6 before the hack! (Come to think of it, why did you get into this anyway? I didn't say anything about you.... :P )

And before you go bonkers, that's not flaming, I like a good debate.
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2005-12-28 at 04:47.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 04:48   Link #87
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie
the only thing inconsistent to me was,

Spoiler:
...you mean Yuji, not Shinji...
Spoiler:


EDIT: Removed the quoted posts so this single post isn't taking so much space, due to NoSanninWa moving the posts from the Best Anime 2005 thread to here. Thanks, NSW.
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2005-12-28 at 06:57.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 05:12   Link #88
stonedzombie
またね
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
honestly, even though i love the series, theres TONS (to me) of fan service in the show. i mean, episode 9 was ONLY fan service.........and at times it does get a bit ecchi....i mean, these girls are supposed to be like 14 and yet, did you see yoshida-chan in that one ep?!!....yikes.........and various, very random shots of shana changing and they make sure to show her body up and down......oh, and ep 12......that was bordering hentai......lol


but still, i enjoy watching it!
stonedzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 05:16   Link #89
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie
honestly, even though i love the series, theres TONS (to me) of fan service in the show. i mean, episode 9 was ONLY fan service.........and at times it does get a bit ecchi....i mean, these girls are supposed to be like 14 and yet, did you see yoshida-chan in that one ep?!!....yikes.........and various, very random shots of shana changing and they make sure to show her body up and down......oh, and ep 12......that was bordering hentai......lol


but still, i enjoy watching it!
True, very true. But what I dispute isn't that this series has lots of fanservice (although there are plenty of other series with more), but Dreamless' claim that "every other episode has fanservice," that this show centers on loli, and that there is no depth or drama and becomes a mere moe loli-fansevice show after episode 2.

Come on, we didn't even have fanservice until episode 4 (as I pointed out), and the most fanservice we had for Shana in episode 9 is her in a very nonsexy swimsuit. (if anyone thinks that her swimsuit was sexy, you've got problems...) And the last comment, no depth after episode 2, is definitely something I must to dispute.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 05:25   Link #90
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Dude, novels don't work as fanservice, because there are no visuals. If the readers can actually get off on fanservice given in words, then that means they're either on something or the writing was damn good.
Nope, people can get off on porn novels doesn't mean the writing is damn good.

Quote:
Yeah, umm, and these tenetacles were serving fanservice in what respect, hmm? I saw them doing nothing more than restraining Shana, but maybe you were on something and saw some illusion?
And you obviously have no idea what fan-service means. You need to go get some basic idea about anime terms.

Quote:
Errr, wow you really like to slap your opponents huh? And my repsonses to each quote were longer (and deeper ) than yours.... Just because you got smacked by me and several others about episode 6 back in the old Shana thread before the hack, doesn't mean you can go and act high and mighty here in a different thread.

But that has brought a great idea to me. Let's move this debate into the SnS thread where it belongs! Come on now, you haven't been there since you got smacked about episode 6 before the hack! (Come to think of it, why did you get into this anyway? I didn't say anything about you.... :P )
LOL you are the one who starts the lame flaming, accusing others of not watching it out of your ass, and saying others "got smacked". Heh, actually I clearly remember back then it's you who gets smacked by many people for your fanatical crusade. But anyway that has nothing to do with the current discussion so another thing you pull out of your ass which doesn't help your argument at all. And I don't talk much about it because I don't find much to talk about those mediocre episodes. Why I'm here? because I'm here expressing my opinions.

And from what does the length of a reply shows anything? You can type two pages of garbage which I won't even care to reply to. And claiming your own posts to be "deeper" yourself is surely convincing... not
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 05:38   Link #91
stonedzombie
またね
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
no, its definetely NOT soley a fanservice show...........Tenjou Tenge is a show like that, and i HATED tenjou tenge (despite the huge hype and popularity) ........theres plenty of drama and character development in SnS, as well as a very deep storyline.....these things help keep my eyes glued to the screen .......yes, at time there is some loli-ness, but its definetely not centered around it.....

btw, opinions may differ, and debates are cool........ but there is no need to throw out insulting comments like a little kid (dreamless)

Last edited by stonedzombie; 2005-12-28 at 05:59.
stonedzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:00   Link #92
Xephonia
Half human/ Half anime
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Age: 25
Well it is only dreamless's opinion, so please don't get too work up on it. It's a waste of time trying to fight over someone who assume SnS like that. As as long as we know SnS is the best, who cares what he said .
__________________
Xephonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:28   Link #93
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
While Shakugan no Shana certainly has a bit of fanservice, that isn't what it is about. It is more like a spice, than the main course of this meal. I feel that when people focus on the fanservice in a show like this, it tells you more about them, than it tells you about the show.

As for the element of loli... for crying out loud, Shana may be a bit short and flat, but she clearly isn't younger than Yuuji. Anyone who thinks that she is only 12, just wants to see naked 12 year olds.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:37   Link #94
stonedzombie
またね
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
おっしゃるとおりです!
stonedzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:39   Link #95
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Nope, people can get off on porn novels doesn't mean the writing is damn good.
...right. So how do they correctly imagine what's going on if they don't have good details?


Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
And you obviously have no idea what fan-service means. You need to go get some basic idea about anime terms.
Ummm...yes I do. Why don't you explain it to us if you think you know what it means, and how it makes SnS a fanservice centered show.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
LOL you are the one who starts the lame flaming, accusing others of not watching it out of your ass, and saying others "got smacked". Heh, actually I clearly remember back then it's you who gets smacked by many people for your fanatical crusade. But anyway that has nothing to do with the current discussion so another thing you pull out of your ass which doesn't help your argument at all. And I don't talk much about it because I don't find much to talk about those mediocre episodes. Why I'm here? because I'm here expressing my opinions.
Actually I didn't flame anybody, as I said, I'm chilling. And really, you did get "smacked" about episode 6 in the old thread by several other viewers. No changing that. It's not a flame, it's what happened.

Sure you're free to express opinions, but you're not just expressing an opinion, you're claiming false stuff about SnS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
And from what does the length of a reply shows anything? You can type two pages of garbage which I won't even care to reply to. And claiming your own posts to be "deeper" yourself is surely convincing... not
Shows I put more thought into my posts and have more evidence.
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2005-12-28 at 06:58.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:42   Link #96
apu
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Just in case you where wandering what loli meant check this website out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loli

So if you go by this then in a small way SNS MIGHT be considered Loli, but so would about all the other anime that is created. So if people make fun of this show because they think it's Loli. Well I am just wondering what shows they are watching recently that are not Loli.
apu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:49   Link #97
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Apparently Dreamless didn't realize the debate had been moved. Here's his latest reply copied from the Best Anime 2005 thread:
I've just moved the actual posts from that thread, to this one. Soo.... if anyone wonders why you were repeating posts that are actually in this thread, they'll now know why.

Thanks.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:55   Link #98
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Shinji, there's always the ignore list feature

After the Animesuki crash, I just found out that I have to readd dreamless. You're not the only one who repeatedly has some dreamless experiences of this kind. When you're getting tired of it - that's what I did. And it helped alot.

*fixes his entries again*
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 07:00   Link #99
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Shinji, there's always the ignore list feature

After the Animesuki crash, I just found out that I have to readd dreamless. You're not the only one who repeatedly has some dreamless experiences of this kind. When you're getting tired of it - that's what I did. And it helped alot.

*fixes his entries again*
Nah, I'm fine. Although I hope he doesn't seriously think I'm flaming him...
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 07:27   Link #100
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Btw Dreamless, I think you better get over to the SnS thread quickly to defend your points. The others are having a bit of a field day with your replies.
whatever, you can have your field day or public orgy all you want wherever you want, I was just replying to your post that I see here, and currently I have no interest to talk much about the series, I'll have more interest to go to the series' thread to talk more about it when (and if) it can have something more than just mediocre pretentious 3rd rate "drama" and some shota/loli twin incest fan-service in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
whatever, you can have your field day or public orgy all you want wherever you want, I was just replying to your post that I see here, and currently I have no interest to talk much about the series, I'll have more interest to go to the series' thread to talk more about it when (and if) it can have something more than just mediocre pretentious 3rd rate "drama" and some shota/loli twin incest fan-service in the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Well after I 've read dreamless's opinion , I'm sure that he is fool and idiot jerk who didn't understand what the great anime is .

Shinji it's great to see that fool smacked by you and several others about episode 6 back in the old Shana thread and even in this new thread .

And if he thinks Sns is 2nd grade anime , I'm so curious to know what the hell series is the 1st grade animes for him .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
Just to add my comments. I don't know that you can actually foresee the future, O great Oracle. If you have no interest to talk much about the series, perhaps you might as well lay off commenting on it, since nothing clean comes from your mouth....hopefully nothing from your mind, of course. If all it takes is one or two episodes or several scenes of fanservice, you might well avoid most of the manga as well as anime nowadays, my friend.
heh, just got a bit curious to see what's the fuss with those recent private comments from a thread that I've never posted before so yea in case anyone is wondering, this is the first post I have ever posted in this thread. Any previous posts (including the part of this post above the three quotes above) were moved here by some mods, so if anyone has any problem about them being in this thread, you can blame the mods... but since the mods are like gods to the forum, it's not a good idea to blame them, so blame your own stupidity for not being competent enough to see that those posts were obviously not originally posted in this thread but moved here later by some mods, or your poor attempts at trying to sound smart but ends up a complete failure or dwelling in some masturbating dreams of some non-existent fantasy and lies about smacking people with some non-existent sticks in some non-existent "old" or "new" threads, that in reality does nothing except smacking yourself stupid well, yea, keep your wet dreaming

Anyway this post is nothing about Shakugan no Shana, just a reminder to those that you are welcome to comment on my posts in the thread where they have been posted by me and within that context, in this case a finger at some masturbating moron and liar with abysmal memory who keeps on pulling craps out of his mouth hallucinating about slapping people with some imaginery sticks and his moronic posts in another thread For those who are impotent enough to not able to find it, here :
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26657

Last edited by dreamless; 2007-12-06 at 09:05. Reason: added reminders for any potential future commentors :D
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.