AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-08, 21:41   Link #21
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
I'm surprised no one's sniggering about Asuna's ascension to motherhood of a certain black flower.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 22:06   Link #22
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Simplicity + Pretty = Elegance

Hope to see what she is in personality
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 22:18   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
She's got to be amazing having a second page considering her only appearance in the series was the OP in the first episode .
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 22:41   Link #24
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
She's got to be amazing having a second page considering her only appearance in the series was the OP in the first episode .
It definitely helps that she's a strong-willed character with a great skillset, without the overly abusive love interest tretment. (like Shana, Louise, Mikoto, etc. etc.)
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 03:24   Link #25
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I'm surprised no one's sniggering about Asuna's ascension to motherhood of a certain black flower.
If that popular fan theory is true, then it suggest she's a rather bad mother. I thought the author explicitly jossed that theory?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 04:36   Link #26
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
If that popular fan theory is true, then it suggest she's a rather bad mother. I thought the author explicitly jossed that theory?
He pretty much did. But ah! Fans will be fans. ;p
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 04:42   Link #27
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
He pretty much did. But ah! Fans will be fans. ;p
I think this theory would have to be shot down in this thread once every two to three pages....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 04:45   Link #28
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I think this theory would have to be shot down in this thread once every two to three pages....
Please assist me in doing so then. ;~;
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 06:22   Link #29
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Please assist me in doing so then. ;~;
The most efficient method would be to put up the Jossing on the very first page.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 06:24   Link #30
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Spoiler:

When did reki shoot down that theory?! D: there goes haru being kazu's son-in-law

Last edited by Fallen3dge; 2012-07-09 at 08:20.
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 07:15   Link #31
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
The most efficient method would be to put up the Jossing on the very first page.
Good idea.

Done.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 09:52   Link #32
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
She's got to be amazing having a second page considering her only appearance in the series was the OP in the first episode .
Actually she had a cameo appearances in the crowd when Kirito was thinking after Kayaba left the village square.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 10:12   Link #33
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Spoiler:

When did reki shoot down that theory?! D: there goes haru being kazu's son-in-law
(Note: only open the above spoiler if you've read vol 1+2)

1) He said there is no clear connection between the worlds (Accel World, Light Novels, Volume 10, afterwords).

2) Accel World, Anime, episodes 2-5.

Spoiler for AW anime ep 2-5:
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 10:16   Link #34
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Maybe they *cough*
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 00:14   Link #35
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
I intend to agree that sometime in the future Kirito and Asuna does kick-- *SHOT*
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 09:24   Link #36
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I intend to agree that sometime in the future Kirito and Asuna does kick-- *SHOT*
And you deserve to get shot for saying something so blasphemous. Repeatedly.

And why would you want them to? Just so that your theory can come true?
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:24   Link #37
lansglenn
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
(Note: only open the above spoiler if you've read vol 1+2)

1) He said there is no clear connection between the worlds (Accel World, Light Novels, Volume 10, afterwords).

2) Accel World, Anime, episodes 2-5.

Spoiler for AW anime ep 2-5:
I know it's been said that Reki has somewhat denied the connection, but I've only ever seen the forum say that.

Is there a link to a trusted source of Reki's exact (translated) words on the matter? We might want to dig into the quote too because:

"There's no connection" is different than "There's not necessarily a connection"

Spoiler:
__________________
lansglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:29   Link #38
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lansglenn View Post
Is there a link to a trusted source of Reki's exact (translated) words on the matter? We might want to dig into the quote too
He talked about it in the author's note section in Accel World vol.10, you can check it yourself in the usual places.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:33   Link #39
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by lansglenn View Post
I know it's been said that Reki has somewhat denied the connection, but I've only ever seen the forum say that.

Is there a link to a trusted source of Reki's exact (translated) words on the matter? We might want to dig into the quote too because:

"There's no connection" is different than "There's not necessarily a connection"
And what more do you need?

No. Volume 10 of AW hasn't been translated yet; so only those with the ability to read Chinese or Japanese are able to read the afterwords.

Well, the first place I heard about it was from a person who often reads light novels on this forum, then I asked two other people to confirm it and they did. I don't know how correct their translation is (and I'm not going to quote the full thing, as I don't want to cause problems for the person who translated it) but what they said was "There is no clear connection between the two worlds". There's another bit, but I'm unsure if that's the translator bias, or if that's part of the translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
He talked about it in the author's note section in Accel World vol.10, you can check it yourself in the usual places.
Uhm.. what? It's been translated?
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:35   Link #40
lansglenn
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
He talked about it in the author's note section in Accel World vol.10, you can check it yourself in the usual places.
The only place to my knowledge w/ the author's notes has been down for days. -_-

EDIT: Stopping AW x SAO connection discussion here. Moving to the thread that's dedicated for this purpose.
__________________

Last edited by lansglenn; 2012-07-10 at 11:48.
lansglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.