AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-10, 05:36   Link #121
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
593 is out.

quite interesting but feels kinda short.
Spoiler for 593 !!:
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 05:45   Link #122
Masuzu
« ヒーロー »
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: « キセキの世代 »
Orochimaru...doesn't seem like himself?

I don't know, this is weird.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 05:54   Link #123
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
To be honest I am so happy that Oro returns. And the last page of chapter is awesome even though Sasuke and Orochimaru are kinda out of character.
__________________
I can’t sleep tonight…fish girl, sing me a song!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 06:03   Link #124
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Spoiler for 593:
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 06:23   Link #125
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
The Thread for Chapter 593 has been opened. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 09:59   Link #126
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
You brought up Naruto's (who didn't even shield his vision) incompetency at dealing with a finger Genjutsu, to compare to Orochimaru who was vastly superior to Naruto at that point.
orochimaru is weak against genjutsu, particularly sharingan based ones. not as weak as naruto was at that time, but still not up to par with itachi at all


Quote:
I'm not sure if you're purposely being dense or you just aren't even following along. Let me recap for you.
i feel the same way...

Quote:
Me: Orochimaru should have used Edo 1st Hokage to beat Itachi. It makes no sense though since the author intended Itachi>Orochimaru. (This is a plot hole)
no it isn't... this makes no sense at all

Quote:
You: (trying to explain the plot hole away) Itachi puts anyone who tries to attack him into an instant mind rape. Then end.
pretty much. have you read this series?

Quote:
Me: Orochimaru doesn't even need to look at Itachi to fight him. Just have Edo 1st Hokage deal with him.
pure assumption based on nothing

Quote:
At this point you initiated random petty arguments and work arounds instead of addressing that issue.
nope. i answered all your nonsense bit by annoying bit. its you who have resorted to name calling and randomness since nothing you say holds any water

Quote:
So getting back to your paragraph no Orochimaru wouldn't be fighting him with his eyes closed. The Edo Zombie would. Are you following along now? Now that you FINALLY agree that not looking at Itachi in some way or form is a "precaution to take against itachi for sure".
i think you should quit while you're behind and not completely lost in a world of nonsense


Quote:
You lose on argument and jumped to another.
nope. that has been you. just check our posts. every time i prove one of your inane points wrong you forget it and move to something else

Quote:
I'm not going to get into the play by play of a fight between Orcho and his Edo Zombies vs Itachi. Just remember as character you named yourself after said himself "Each Jutsu has a weakness". Interestingly enough, if Orochimaru did use Edo Zombies to attack Itachi, they would have shared no physical connection what so ever (the requirement for setting up Izanami).
assuming itachi couldn't beat the ET zombie which is a dumb assumption

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned I made my point. Which I will repeat for you again since apparently you have a hard time following along:
nope. i got it. you've been having a hard time following along with how it is wrong

Quote:
The 1st Hokage was never meant to be this strong, it makes no sense that Orochimaru didn't use him to defeat Itachi at anypoint after acquiring that ability.
this proves you have not payed attention to anything I've said. long long story short, orochimaru's ET was not capable of using the first to his potential. it was explained by kabuto to ET deidara.

if you want to disregard the retcon, then at that time of oro using ET on sarutobi, hashirama wasn't that strong and couldn't beat sarutobi with his brother and oro on his side. therefore, he couldnt have beaten itachi either. get it? good
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 14:35   Link #127
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
orochimaru is weak against genjutsu
Since when? The only person that ever put him in one was Itachi.

Quote:
particularly sharingan based ones.
Who isn't other than another Sharingan user, rinnegan user or puppet aka Sasori?

Your example was pointless because I was speaking of a completely shielded vision (somethign Naruto didn't do)



Quote:
i feel the same way...
Good cause you can go argue with your own words now. I'm done going in circles here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89
Orochimaru should have used Edo 1st Hokage to beat Itachi. It makes no sense though since the author intended Itachi>Orochimaru. (This is a plot hole)
Quote:
no it isn't... this makes no sense at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314
i agree with Ero-Senn1n that we as fans of the series can work out the retcon to make sense for the lack of power that hashirama displayed against sarutobi
That's you acknowleding a plothole yet now saying it makes no sense btw.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89
Orochimaru doesn't even need to look at Itachi to fight him. Just have Edo 1st Hokage deal with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314
pure assumption based on nothing
Nothing? Then you're retracting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314
it's one precaution to take against itachi sure
And ignoring a very similar situation in which:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89
Oh how about that time when Kakashi told Gai and the other Jounins not to look into Itachi's eyes. What about when Gai attacked Itachi without looking at his eyes?

Quote:
its you who have resorted to name calling and randomness since nothing you say holds any water
I've called you a biased itachi fanboy (do I really need to prove this?) and dense (take a look at you arguing against your own words as evidence if need be). I don't think I've miss named you one bit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314
assuming itachi couldn't beat the ET zombie which is a dumb assumption
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89
As beastly as you think Itachi is, he couldn't stand toe to toe with the 1st Hokage as far as he's been hyped up to be
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314
no one but madara can

Quote:
this proves you have not payed attention to anything I've said.
Well, we certainly know you haven't been paying attention to anything you said.

Quote:
long long story short, orochimaru's ET was not capable of using the first to his potential.
This is your own assumption based on absolutely nothing other than your brain being incapable accepting that Hashirama was later reconned after his first introduction in that fight. You don't have to take my word for it either. You see other forum-goers actually use their brain as a person who exists outside of the world of Naruto and come up with the LOGICAL conclusion, NOT some biased fanboy assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246
One possible suggestion is that Orochimaru's control of the dead wasn't as strong, so the summoned souls could slightly disobey his orders (I.e. they would fight, but not at full power).The most likely speculation, though, is that Orochimaru simply ordered the zombies to play around with Sarutobi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
The latter isn't even speculation, it's a fact apparent from when Orochimaru explained he was doing it to torture Sarutobi emotionally and was then confirmed in the Data book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Now of course the real answer is the fact that powerscaling has dramatically increased in the last ~450 chapters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi
james has a great interpretation above. But to state as an unequivocal fact that Orochimaru's Edo Tensei zombies couldn't use their full powers is wrong. These are all nothing more than our attempts to paper over a gaping plot hole in the story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314
it was explained by kabuto to ET deidara.
I gave you the benefit of the doubt here and went to reread that chapter (513 pg 2). Kabuto merely says he is using a different tailisman that won't completely supress Deidara's personality unlike Orochimaru's. There's no mention of of the first or Orochimaru's ability to use ET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314
if you want to disregard the retcon, then at that time of oro using ET on sarutobi, hashirama wasn't that strong and couldn't beat sarutobi with his brother and oro on his side. therefore, he couldnt have beaten itachi either. get it? good
This is the icing on the cake. To have you actually spit back at me what I've been trying to drill into your head for the last 2 pages is priceless.

Yes, Orochimaru, ET 1st and ET 2nd Hokage didn't beat the 3rd Hokage. He definitely couldn't beat Itachi with what was displayed in that fight. Later Harashima was reconned to be an uber ninja second only to Rikkudo Sennin at this point in the manga. I was never ignoring or disregarding the recon. It has been the point of my discussion from the beginning. Its your fanboy mind that's still stuck in this being an Orochimaru vs Itachi fight (which I've stated 2 times prior and finally a third time: I'm sure the author meant for Itachi>Orochimaru).

So please feel free to go argue with yourself, because apparently you're really good at it.

PS: I don't mean to drag anyone else into this (pointless) debate by quoting you, I was merely borrowing your words to prove a point.
__________________

Last edited by Vindi89; 2012-07-10 at 15:49.
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 18:27   Link #128
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
Yes, Orochimaru, ET 1st and ET 2nd Hokage didn't beat the 3rd Hokage. He definitely couldn't beat Itachi with what was displayed in that fight. Later Harashima was reconned to be an uber ninja second only to Rikkudo Sennin at this point in the manga. I was never ignoring or disregarding the recon. It has been the point of my discussion from the beginning. Its your fanboy mind that's still stuck in this being an Orochimaru vs Itachi fight (which I've stated 2 times prior and finally a third time: I'm sure the author meant for Itachi>Orochimaru).
you are making my point for me and dont even realize it and continue to make fun of me even though you should be laughing at your own denseness...

i've argued with other people on this forum about the ET retcon before. some people like you choose to live in the world before the time skip whereas I choose to take in the entire series as a whole. given what we know about hashirama now the story only makes sense by acknowledging orochimaru's ET was dumbed down (for whatever reason or combination of reasons you want to use). you can't just assume orochimaru could have done things differently. why not just assume that he had madara's dna and could have just used him to annihilate konoha or beat itachi? ~because its dumb and has no evidence backing it which was common for all your assumptions.

you claim you've only had one point, but it's been many many silly and simply wrong points and assumptions during this discussion. you're plethora of quotes was dumb and fruitless and your argument is tired and old now
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 21:50   Link #129
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
you choose to live in the world before the time skip whereas I choose to take in the entire series as a whole.
If I was living in a world before the time skip I wouldn't even acknowledge the RECON now would I? I've chosen to acknowledge it, you choosed to explain it away.

Quote:
given what we know about hashirama now the story only makes sense by acknowledging orochimaru's ET was dumbed down
Again your mind trying to make sense of the plot hole that you refuse to acknowledge.

Quote:
you can't just assume orochimaru could have done things differently. why not just assume that he had madara's dna and could have just used him to annihilate konoha or beat itachi? ~because its dumb and has no evidence backing it
About as much sense as you claiming his ET was dumbed down (the biggest assumption based on nothing than your lack of acknowledging a plot hole). Everything I've claimed has been based on logical thinking and backed up by real examples in the manga (eg. power scaling over the course of the manga.)

Quote:
you claim you've only had one point, but it's been many many silly and simply wrong points and assumptions during this discussion.
I made one statemenat, one about how it makes NO SENSE that Orochimaru didn't use EDO 1st to defeat Itachi and you turned this into an Oro vs Itachi debate. I humored you and gave you a very plausible senario in which Orochimaru could defeat Itachi based on the FACT that you can close your eyes to avoid sight based Genjutsu.

So, in the end, agree to disagree . Good day sir.
__________________
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 11:14   Link #130
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
Again your mind trying to make sense of the plot hole that you refuse to acknowledge.
the power disparity between ET hashirama and madara's explanation of his powers is simply not a plot hole. even back in the time of orochimaru's ET vs sarutobi we knew that he was controlling him like a puppet of sorts. it stands to reason that orochimaru couldn't have known all hashirama's secret techniques


Quote:
About as much sense as you claiming his ET was dumbed down (the biggest assumption based on nothing than your lack of acknowledging a plot hole).
no. it was clearly dumbed down. i'm basing this fact on madara's own words in the manga. again this is an example of how i choose to acknowledge the series on a whole and not get stuck pre-timeskip

Quote:
Everything I've claimed has been based on logical thinking and backed up by real examples in the manga (eg. power scaling over the course of the manga.)
not even close but whatever...

Quote:
I made one statemenat, one about how it makes NO SENSE that Orochimaru didn't use EDO 1st to defeat Itachi and you turned this into an Oro vs Itachi debate. I humored you and gave you a very plausible senario in which Orochimaru could defeat Itachi based on the FACT that you can close your eyes to avoid sight based Genjutsu.
you made a lot more than 1, but even this one is wrong. you are assuming that orochimaru could defeat itachi by closing his eyes... that is based on nothing and isn't even close to something that could have happened. if orochimaru could have defeated itachi by closing his eyes guess what? he would have done it before the story even began. i know this discussion has overstayed its welcome, but that's just a ludicrous assumption
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 15:05   Link #131
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
itachi-san314

I've already answered every single one of your counter-points. We're at the point that I could just link everything you've said back to a previous post because you've addressed nothing, came up with no new information and finally backed none of your claims up. You say things like "Kabuto explained to Deidra" or "Madara's own words". I took the time to look up your Kabuto claim and it said nothing of the sort. Guess what you completely ignored it when I called you out on it.

This has turned into a yes it is, no it isn't debate because you refuse to actually argue my points. I dedicated an entire post to showing you the circles you've been going in by arguing against yourself! Still that wasn't enough for you. You continue to claim everything I say is an assumption regardless of the fact that I broke it down for you, had you ACCEPT it and then in a later post regress. Its pretty sad. I'll be more than happy to debate with you again on a topic that doesn't involve Itachi because you are blatantly biased.
__________________
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 14:26   Link #132
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
^you're pretty delusional buddy... I don't know how you come up with this stuff...

anywho.. kabuto absolutely tells deidara that his talisman is different from the one orochimaru used in ch513 p2

and hashirama's true strength in madara's own words is in ch. 576 starting on p13

you done now?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 16:44   Link #133
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Okay, this exchange is getting a little too melodramatic. Please stop with the childishness and move on. Thank you.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.