AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-11, 10:21   Link #3761
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
What exactly is your question?

Btw, Kira can't controle the DRAGOON system in Seed. He is not a newtype at that point.
Not a newtype in either he can use Strike Freedoms cause the DRAGOONS run on a simplified system which would allow normal grunts to use them, similar to Legend. How effective Kira might be without the system well we will never know.
Old 2012-07-11, 16:26   Link #3762
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Not a newtype in either he can use Strike Freedoms cause the DRAGOONS run on a simplified system which would allow normal grunts to use them, similar to Legend. How effective Kira might be without the system well we will never know.
I think people think Kira is newtype not because of DRAGONs but because of newtype flash he have, Also I don't think every grunt pilot can use xyz DRAGONs system.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 20:12   Link #3763
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Isn't it kind of obvious that he is a newtype in Destiny?

It's true that Legend and SF have a built in quantum network of some sort that enables non-newtype pilots to use the DRAGOON system but I'm pretty sure neither of them actually need this.
Old 2012-07-11, 20:17   Link #3764
Heavy Arms

So I have a question for you guys concerninig the end of Seed. Who would you have rather had lived, Flay or Mu?

Personally I'd have prefered Flay live. Mostly because Mu's return in Destiny ruined an epic death scene. Besides, Flays survival would have humanized Kira dureing Destiny imo. He likely wouldn't have become Jesus Yamato that so many dispise. Mostly because I see her playing the role of commander contrarian. She'd make Kira explain himself more instead of simply going "just trust me on this".

So what might your thoughys be?
Heavy Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 20:17   Link #3765
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Honestly I feel the whole quantum computer/newtype flash bit was just a mess that Fukuda tried to back out on. Used the whole quantum computer bit as a cover to say Kira wasn't a newtype. Same deal with the "Ultimate Coordinator isn't really ultimate" remark.

@Heavy Arms: Pretty much agreed. I can't remark on how Flay would've changed things in Destiny, but I'd prefer her survival to Mu's.
Old 2012-07-11, 20:34   Link #3766
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Arms View Post
Besides, Flays survival would have humanized Kira dureing Destiny imo.
There's nothing to humanize, Kira's the way he is in Destiny because of his total experience in SEED. Keeping Flay alive would only lessen his grief, but it would still be there.
Quote:
He likely wouldn't have become Jesus Yamato that so many dispise.
Kira's been doing the same thing since he got the Freedom in SEED. Name calling Kira doesn't change anything.
Quote:
Mostly because I see her playing the role of commander contrarian. She'd make Kira explain himself more instead of simply going "just trust me on this".
First, we don't know what will happen if Flay was still alive. At the very least, Kira already broke up with her, so they're less likely to still be together. Besides, Kira's motivation is very clearly laid out. There's nothing more to explain even if you don't agree with his reasoning.
Quote:
So what might your thoughys be?
My vote is for Flay to live, definitely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Honestly I feel the whole quantum computer/newtype flash bit was just a mess that Fukuda tried to back out on. Used the whole quantum computer bit as a cover to say Kira wasn't a newtype. Same deal with the "Ultimate Coordinator isn't really ultimate" remark.
The problem with that feeling is that there's nothing to back out of.

Newtype (and even SEED itself) is not a well known concept in CE. Developing the quantum computer is just a logical way to make the DRAGOON a more accessible technology to ZAFT pilots. Remember that Athrun was offered to be Legend's pilot.

Ultimate Coordinator also doesn't mean much if the parents don't know what they really want. It reminds me of the saying that a computer will do what you tell it to do, not necessarily what you want it to do.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 20:38   Link #3767
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@Heavy Arms
I agree with you and Rising Dragon.

Neo Roanoke is a poor excuse of a character and ruined Mu's glorious death. If they want a love interest for Murrue, she'd better end up with Andrew than Mu-wannabe .

And a living Fllay in Destiny will be interesting indeed.
Old 2012-07-11, 21:09   Link #3768
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

If I have to choose between Flay or Mu, then Flay. But of course I would rather have both of them stay dead...

Till this day, i'm still pretending as if Mu doesn't exist in Destiny.
Old 2012-07-11, 21:33   Link #3769
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

If they want a love interest for Murrue, she'd better end up with Andrew than Mu-wannabe .
Hmm.. I thinks Mu's the best person for Murrue... its like MnMs or M2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

And a living Fllay in Destiny will be interesting indeed.
Agree. If Flay survived and lived in Destiny... I preferred her to end up with Kira and Lacus to Arthrun... Cagalli might end up single with BroCom for Kira....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 22:18   Link #3770
Washu-Chan