AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 39
10 out of 10: Amazing... 6 17.14%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 5 14.29%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 13 37.14%
7 out of 10: Good... 8 22.86%
6 out of 10: Average... 2 5.71%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 2.86%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-11, 22:43   Link #141
Yesman
PMS Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The irony is that if someone like Kira DOES show up, people will hate him for being too powerful.
I thought the hate stems from Kira being a static character and attacking both sides?
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 23:48   Link #142
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Personally I really don't care much either way as long as it is kept entertaining but most people like to see the protag actually work for his or her victory winning impossible odds not with just overwhelming fire power alone. After all if you see them stomp every single enemy everytime it starts to get old for some.
You'd have to admit though they'd save a lot on the budget

But yes it does get boring watching the same animation over and over again with him just mopping the floor and simply disabling the units.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 04:54   Link #143
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
To be fair, it was a false peace and the fed government was corrupt as hell, and the mere fact that EXA-DB exists proves that fighting can still break out at any time.

Other than that, I'm not denying that Ezelcant is crazy. I can just see where he's coming from.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 05:51   Link #144
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
To be fair, it was a false peace and the fed government was corrupt as hell, and the mere fact that EXA-DB exists proves that fighting can still break out at any time.
Cause Hindsight is 20/20 right?

I don't see a bunch of Titans oppressing the Colonies. In fact the Colonies are independent states. In Flit's early days the EF was nothing more than a token force.

Euba and Zalam? No longer super powers just a bunch of rival gangs.

Sure there is graft and corruption among Federation politicians and officials what government doesn't have those? (The PM's family kept about Mars secret from everybody though.)

There was no major conflict because everybody disarmed even the Federation.

As for the EXA-DB it was more than war technologies. It contained the most advanced technologies humanity had, an irreplaceable treasure. Probably left behind for future wiser generations.

Technology is neutral it all depends on who is using it.

It is not as if the EXA-DB was undefended (Sid) or nobody was minding the store (Reuna Inaju).

Somehow Ezelcant got a portion of EXA-DB without getting blasted by Sid. Which means there was another source... A leak.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 05:56   Link #145
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Somehow Ezelcant got a portion of EXA-DB without getting blasted by Sid. Which means there was another source... A leak.
The Asuno Mansion. The AGE device most likely has fragments, or even a connection back to Exa-DB.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 06:18   Link #146
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
The Asuno Mansion. The AGE device most likely has fragments, or even a connection back to Exa-DB.
I like your thinking.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 09:51   Link #147
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Cause Hindsight is 20/20 right?
I DID say the following, didn't I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Other than that, I'm not denying that Ezelcant is crazy. I can just see where he's coming from.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 10:28   Link #148
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
The main problem with AGE is the the three generations in 50 episodes set up. It just doesn't work out very well IMO. They had to justify the 70 year conflict so they came up with this stupid plan after they had already established a background history of the universe.

Given that following the Silver Chalice Treaty the Earth Sphere was in relative peace, it makes little sense for Ezelcant's plan to be about stopping wars to keep humans from becoming extinct. That's just stupid, never mind that there isn't even a 00-like scenario where you have a cold war going on that could go hot at any moment.

The Vagans would have been more sympathetic if their goal was actually just coming back to Earth and destroying the corrupt Earth Federation. If instead of attacking civilians and hiding their identity, they had come out and explained themselves they might even have gathered support from within the Earth Sphere...However that would only require 1 generation, not 70 years. Seems like instead of telling a good story, the 3 gen thing supersedes everything.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 13:44   Link #149
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
The main problem with AGE is the the three generations in 50 episodes set up. It just doesn't work out very well IMO. They had to justify the 70 year conflict so they came up with this stupid plan after they had already established a background history of the universe.
Its not the three generation concept thats the problem with AGE, its the pacing and execution of the story, which is a disaster sofar.

Introducing shadow characters each generation just to fill up the bridgeslots, or waste episodes on Fardain.

It would've been better if they mainly kept the GEN1 bridge crew in the second gen and give them somewhat of a background, like a small flashback, etc, instead of tossing them out as soon as the current generation ends, Killing off a few of them to promote character growth and such.

Like Largan for example. They should've replaced Obright with Largan instead in Gen2 and kept Arisa(Kill her off instead of shaun--- whatever her name was)/Max for Gen3
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 03:30   Link #150
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Its not the three generation concept thats the problem with AGE, its the pacing and execution of the story, which is a disaster sofar.

Introducing shadow characters each generation just to fill up the bridgeslots, or waste episodes on Fardain.

It would've been better if they mainly kept the GEN1 bridge crew in the second gen and give them somewhat of a background, like a small flashback, etc, instead of tossing them out as soon as the current generation ends, Killing off a few of them to promote character growth and such.

Like Largan for example. They should've replaced Obright with Largan instead in Gen2 and kept Arisa(Kill her off instead of shaun--- whatever her name was)/Max for Gen3
I wouldn't call it a disaster, but it's definitely not great. I definitely think if anything Gundam AGE's biggest drawback for me at least is that it's almost entirely predictable lately and borrowing a little too much from other series right now to the point where it seems to feel the viewer will be able to fill in the blanks rather than do so itself. In short a lot of things could use a little more fleshing out.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 04:43   Link #151
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I DID say the following, didn't I?
It means in light of what has happened the Federation has no way of predicting the result of their well intentioned action... In a hundred years.

Just because some are corrupt does not mean you bring down the entire government.

Heck the Federation has a parliamentary because they have a Prime Minister. Prime Ministers can be changed in a blink.

The was why the Prime Minister was afraid of the Vegan having dirt in his family. It means the death of his political career.

Earth Sphere has had a hundred years of no warfare and is not to begin any as everybody doesn't have a standing army. The Federation military itself is a joke.

How could they have know a crazy bastard from Mars wants a war that involves everybody... Even those colonies that are not part of the Federation.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-13 at 05:43.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 05:35   Link #152
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I wouldn't call it a disaster, but it's definitely not great. I definitely think if anything Gundam AGE's biggest drawback for me at least is that it's almost entirely predictable lately and borrowing a little too much from other series right now to the point where it seems to feel the viewer will be able to fill in the blanks rather than do so itself. In short a lot of things could use a little more fleshing out.
The reason i see it as a disaster is because the intended audience doesnt even watch the show anymore.

And yeah, the show is getting really predictable, with a few " wtf " surprise moments that ends up on the bad part instead of the good one.

This show had so much potential.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 09:16   Link #153
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
The main problem with AGE is the the three generations in 50 episodes set up. It just doesn't work out very well IMO. They had to justify the 70 year conflict so they came up with this stupid plan after they had already established a background history of the universe.

Given that following the Silver Chalice Treaty the Earth Sphere was in relative peace, it makes little sense for Ezelcant's plan to be about stopping wars to keep humans from becoming extinct. That's just stupid, never mind that there isn't even a 00-like scenario where you have a cold war going on that could go hot at any moment.

The Vagans would have been more sympathetic if their goal was actually just coming back to Earth and destroying the corrupt Earth Federation. If instead of attacking civilians and hiding their identity, they had come out and explained themselves they might even have gathered support from within the Earth Sphere...However that would only require 1 generation, not 70 years. Seems like instead of telling a good story, the 3 gen thing supersedes everything.
The fact that Ezcelant also admitted to killing his own people doesn't exactly help his case either...
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 10:23   Link #154
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
If you ask Ezelcant he'll just say he was testing them, not killing them.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 10:57   Link #155
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
The reason i see it as a disaster is because the intended audience doesnt even watch the show anymore.

And yeah, the show is getting really predictable, with a few " wtf " surprise moments that ends up on the bad part instead of the good one.

This show had so much potential.
Shows not over yet, people seem to consistently forget that every 10 or so episodes. And I mostly care about the fact that I'm still watching so I'm not going to call it a disaster since I have nothing to gain or lose but the time spent watching. I say let Bandai worry about who else is or isn't watching. I'd also prefer to say that the show has been hit or miss. Some moments fall really flat, others work as intended, at least for me since I haven't totally rejected the show like a lot of others.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 12:09   Link #156
P-Meister
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Who the hell is anybody to tell you what you are and aren't cut out for? There's no way you can determine what someone will be when they grow up from their DNA. Our destiny isn't written in our DNA, that's a fucked up way of looking at life. It's what we make of it, not what someone else tells us. Your decisions alone should affect your destiny, nothing else. That's what being free means. To live under a system where your role in society is predetermined is to be a slave. Just because you start as a janitor doesn't mean you have to stay a Janitor. There are many cases of people starting at the lowest of positions and working their way up, through hard work. Under that stupid plan, people would be forced into roles with no hope of improvement.

No, he blew up the Altentic Federation president even though the guy had been calling him to dialog. He didn't even bother to hear the guy out, and he was planning to blow up Orb simply because Orb rejected his plan. Who gives him the right to blow up people who disagree with him? It was Orb's sovereign right to refuse such a plan.
Go study biology. Nature determines what you are capable of. Nuture defines how much of that potential you fulfil. This is clearly demonstrated in individuals with genetic defects, but less clear in other individuals. Not everyone can become doctors. If your IQ is less than 110, My suggestion is to give up, which is more than 50% of the world. Thats why the failure rate is so damn high, and even so, many doctors still kill patients by mistake.

There isn't a lot of detail in the Destiny Plan to condemn it. Maybe there could be choice, but limitations in choice. The plan was not explored enough, neither was a compromise made. I always thought of the plan as rational if a compromise could be made, but the concepts of Justice and Freedom(pun intended) disagree.

The best compromise would be to place individuals in related fields rather than specific jobs, allowing them to progress in a field. Also, it would be good if individuals can choose to know what roles they will be good at and possibly choose from a selection of different but similar fields. That individual can then progress in his goals through his hobbies and free time. Many like mountain climbing, but the society does not need that many mountain climbers. That is just the way the world works.

When one starts off in a field, they can then work towards having a specific goal in that field. For example if you are in the cleaning industry, you can be a sweeper, an inventor who create machines for cleaning, an operator who maintains such machines, the manager of the cleaning industry, etc. That decision of which tier you are in that industry can then be based on merit. No stinking nepotism, unfair wages, pulling strings, bribes, etc.

Orb was silly not to consider or discuss a compromise plan.
P-Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 12:55   Link #157
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
I know at least one person irl who would kill to even know what it is that they're good at in the first place.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:43   Link #158
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Shows not over yet, people seem to consistently forget that every 10 or so episodes. And I mostly care about the fact that I'm still watching so I'm not going to call it a disaster since I have nothing to gain or lose but the time spent watching. I say let Bandai worry about who else is or isn't watching. I'd also prefer to say that the show has been hit or miss. Some moments fall really flat, others work as intended, at least for me since I haven't totally rejected the show like a lot of others.
Sunrise's intended audience is not watching the show, thats why i call it a disaster. It has nothing to do with your personal enjoyment or not.

I enjoy AGE aswell, atleast some episodes.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:55   Link #159
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Meister View Post
~snip
Jobs for everyone as long as the government controls the means of production sounds familiar...

Because it is Communism, only in the Destiny Plan there is an added element of eugenics classification.

That is the reason why most people facepalm at Durandal's plan.

Looks good on paper but it is not practical. With Social Darwinist eugenics in the mix you'd have over employment and under employment in sectors of production.

It's going to result to a bad economy.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:57   Link #160
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Why would a economy matter if the entire world is ruled by a communist government?

there wouldnt be any need for money at all
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly episode discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.