AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-10, 09:42   Link #6001
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Yes? It depends on what you consider pink

It's not magenta (commonly associated?). It's a peachy kind of color with a darker shade and orang-y mix

Pink is a very informal word and you can call just about any low saturated red shade as pink.

I'd say Light Coral (Pink). Coral is magenta with orange. But I think it's darker than this. At least if you mix magenta with orange you get a darker color than this.

Google images for coral, it looks like the second one from the top right.


Spoiler for Wikipedia:
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 09:48   Link #6002
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Can someone tell me what is this new Korean online gaming law about? Why is there a need to change the messaging system of a game just for that?

__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 09:53   Link #6003
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
*New Korean Law Lets Parents Decide When Their Kids Can Play Games

This

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-10 at 18:06.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 09:55   Link #6004
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Yes? It depends on what you consider pink

It's not magenta (commonly associated?). It's a peachy kind of color with a darker shade and orang-y mix

Pink is a very informal word and you can call just about any low saturated red shade as pink.

I'd say Light Coral (Pink). Coral is magenta with orange. But I think it's darker than this. At least if you mix magenta with orange you get a darker color than this.

Google images for coral, it looks like the second one from the top right.


Spoiler for Wikipedia:
Thank you, I have this silly debate with my friend about the color of hair of protagonist in jinrui wa suitai shimashita anime.
I keep telling them that's not pink
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 09:57   Link #6005
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*New Korean Law Lets Parents Decide When Their Kids Can Play Games

This
That has got to be the silliest law ever crafted. Why isn't a law that restricts girls below 21 from playing BL-yaoi otome games?

And why attack the messaging system?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-10 at 18:07.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:50   Link #6006
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Why attack the messaging system?
It's more of patching the entire system so that it conforms to the law.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Why isn't a law that restricts girls below 21 from playing BL-yaoi otome games?
Why should there be? They're educational
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 22:40   Link #6007
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Why should there be? They're educational
There is no public threat... heard of a 21 years old girl raped a gay?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 00:16   Link #6008
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: قلوب المؤمنين
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
There is no public threat... heard of a 21 years old girl raped a gay?
This sounds just like a fanfic my fujoushi friend made a few years ago.... I advised her not to publish it in internet but surely she didn't comply.
__________________
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 03:30   Link #6009
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Why should there be? They're educational
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
There is no public threat... heard of a 21 years old girl raped a gay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
This sounds just like a fanfic my fujoushi friend made a few years ago.... I advised her not to publish it in internet but surely she didn't comply.
You guys should be put into the nearest asylum and sedated.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 04:47   Link #6010
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Age: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You guys should be put into the nearest asylum and sedated.
No no, this is perfectly normal behaviour.
Let them continue talking about this I say.
__________________
Sir Maddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 05:10   Link #6011
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Maddy View Post
No no, this is perfectly normal behaviour.
Let them continue talking about this I say.
So young yet so wise!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 12:30   Link #6012
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: قلوب المؤمنين
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You guys should be put into the nearest asylum and sedated.
I hate it that animesuki is forbidding me from posrep-ing you for this post.
__________________
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 21:02   Link #6013
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Have some questions here.

I'm currently doing some postgraduation research right now,and things went fine, except my team leader now demanded everyone to turn up at 8:30 in the morning everyday even if we don't need to. And you all know, just like the good netizens we are, I am much more effective working from 8pm to 4am than any other time.

So have anyone here ever in the similar situation? Should i just follow and create a morning habit. Should I go and tell that to my strict team leader to be more flexible. Or take the middle way and ensure that maybe Monday, Wednesday, Friday i will turn up on time,but don't expect other days of the week?

Is night-owl-person type just a myth and not scientificly proven? Is it a good defense in this case
__________________
risingstar3110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 21:16   Link #6014
Tammuz
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Is it possible for a man to purchase and wear these in the comfort of his own home, without feeling like less of a man? Because I want them. I want them so hard ._.
Tammuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 21:27   Link #6015
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammuz View Post
Is it possible for a man to purchase and wear these in the comfort of his own home, without feeling like less of a man? Because I want them. I want them so hard ._.
Put a conditional offer to yourself, that you will spend an (extra) 15minutes working out everyday if you buy it. Then one month from now, look in the mirror and admire how manly you are with those abs and nekomimi

Seriously, that is what i will do if i'm in doubt to buy something considered as girly
__________________
risingstar3110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 21:36   Link #6016
Tammuz
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
... Manly + Catboy... Do not want.

I'll just forget I saw those... Awesome things ;_; Also, I do not wanna put in anymore time at the gym =3= buuu.

...

I could buy them as a present for my genderfriend... Hm...
Tammuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 21:46   Link #6017
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Have some questions here.

I'm currently doing some postgraduation research right now,and things went fine, except my team leader now demanded everyone to turn up at 8:30 in the morning everyday even if we don't need to. And you all know, just like the good netizens we are, I am much more effective working from 8pm to 4am than any other time.

So have anyone here ever in the similar situation? Should i just follow and create a morning habit. Should I go and tell that to my strict team leader to be more flexible. Or take the middle way and ensure that maybe Monday, Wednesday, Friday i will turn up on time,but don't expect other days of the week?

Is night-owl-person type just a myth and not scientificly proven? Is it a good defense in this case
I've had a similar situation. I didn't have the luxury of being able to tell the leader to cool it, so I just went in with the new schedule.

The night owl theory isn't a pure myth, but it also seems to me that it's a bit overemphasized. It's all about habit. Get into the habit of going to bed on time (set 11 PM as an absolute limit, and aim to go before 10), getting a proper amount of sleep, and waking up early. Do that for some amount of time, and you'll no longer be a "night owl."

But old habits die hard. I haven't been on the "night owl" schedule for many years, but if I'm not watching the clock, I can easily be up until sunrise. Do that even once and it can screw up your entire schedule for the next few days, as you'll be playing catch-up with your sleep/wake cycles and you'll be forcing yourself to stay awake and go to sleep at times that won't feel natural anymore.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 21:48   Link #6018
Tammuz
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Spoiler for Size:


... Oh screw it, I'm getting them :|
Tammuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 06:39   Link #6019
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Most likely a hairclip faking like a ribbon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You tie a bow first, do a knot to secure the bow, and use the leftover ribbon to tie up the hair.

Cosplay 101.
Thanks for the answers either of do seem probably and SaintessHeart, I assume the only portion of the hair tied, is hidden by the ribbon's size then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
How is it that you do the 'high' twintails for real?

You know, the kind where the base is higher up.
Assuming you mean like Kanade of Mayo Chiki/your sig, or Yui-nyan of Angel beats. You'd need to have fairly long hair. Then just tie up the upper third-to-half of the hair on each side while leaving the back as untied, where as normal twintails tie back hair into the tails as well. Though some anime girls look like they might tie all off their side hair up in them, and just leave the back untied, or tie a small portion of the hair in the side-back area up, leaving most of it not tied. It varies per which characters' style you're referring to exactly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
If you were to wake up one day and you find yourself inside a cute girls body (your crush's), what would you do first?

....aside from taking the early morning bath,,, gotcha!
I believe this falls under the threads' rule of don't ask completely pointless questions .(Beware of the mods taking action against you for those questions ).
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar by Tempester
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 06:43   Link #6020
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I'm still an undergrad so I haven't had the freedom of flexing my schedule like you are with postgrad research but I am same with Ledgem. It's a habit that just has to be overcome, despite being a habit to easily fall into for students/young people. In the end, waking up in the morning for work of any sort will become the schedule. Because my undergrad is a co-op, I have to wake up at 6:00 am every day when it's a work term. But as soon as it hits the weekends, it's sleep at 3 am and wake up at 12 noon.

Makes me cringe whenever I get reminded how unhealthy it is to change sleep/meal schedules.

I have to say that your team leader is being really uptight it is. I think he/she is clearly aware of what kind of sleep schedule students and just pushing a morning time anyways. When I negotiate lab meets with my group, we always go with 10 am to whenever dinner/supper is.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
problem, q&a, questions, serious

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.