AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-10, 13:08   Link #121
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
To much SWeets..................seriously >_<

ep 1 was good

also will anyone PM a good spoiler?
i mean who is the sister and what relationship does the other contain thats connected to the scar
ask that in the light novel thread, not here.
__________________
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 13:52   Link #122
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Spoiler for Nakaimo 02 - Mr. F:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 00:06   Link #123
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Here's a characters/seiyuus page, with pics of the six main characters and their seiyuus, and some info about the seiyuus.

Sakurai Takahiro (most famous role, Suzaku in Code Geass) was persona non grata in the industry for a brief period a few years ago, after he was found to have plagiarized in a stage play he was putting on. But he's too good to leave on the sidelines, and he is now getting plenty of roles. He's just about as good as a seiyuu gets, in my opinion. I thought he was outstanding as the shady operator in House of Five Leaves.

The rest of the main cast may not be as famous, but they are all names of interest. Ishihara Kaori is shooting toward the top right now, with roles in four shows this season. Taketatsu Ayana is already at the top, as one of the go-to moe voices. Sakura Ayane has a short but starry resume, starting with Merry in Dream-Eater Merry, and with three roles this season. Hidaka Rina was a busy child actress, and recently has had a string of strong seiyuu roles, including Ririchiyo in Inu x Boku. Oogame Asuka is not quite in the same league, but did do a convincing job as Erio in Denpa Onna.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-13 at 00:34.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 02:09   Link #124
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
There's a very good chance that Miyabi is the Imouto. There's alot of hints in this episode, and the voice on the phone sounds like a deliberately cuter, higher pitch version of her usual voice.

Mind you, strip the Ecchi, and the Matchmaking element of this show becomes obvious. It seems like every girl placed his way is there because his family sees them as viable marriage partners.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 07:08   Link #125
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
ep2

Spoiler:
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 09:30   Link #126
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Wow, Konoe asks protagonist out for the ball? Whoah, quite unexpected; blind-sided me to say the least.

And another haremette, getto! Though Konoe with that dress was the best. That big ribbon suits her real well. <3

@Kaoru Chujo
Just wondering, as the resident seiyuu specialist of the forums, in your opinion who do you think is voicing the faceless imouto?
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:47   Link #127
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
I'm a fan of harem series. I love To-Love-Ru so the standard "clumsy MC falls on top of girl in awkward position" thing isn't a big deal and usually gets a laugh out of me...but some things this episode felt out of place an unnecessary.

I'm talking mainly about the scene where Shougo falls on top of Rinka. It felt forced and unnecessary. The whole scene was going so well with him showing his great dancing skills and dazzling the girls and it was pretty much ruined by an out of place "Boob-grab trip gag".
Another one that bothered me was Miyabi's dress top getting lose and exposing her breasts to him. Again it felt unnecessary and out of place. Even if this is an Ecchi series it doesn't have to have an ecchi in every scene. Sometimes showing the MC acting cool from start to finish does wonders for a series.

To-Love-Ru does it well because it not only doesn't take itseçf serious from the very beginning but it is already an established gag where Rito will fall in a awkward position every time he interacts with a girl. It's such a normal thing that it no longer feels out of place (still often unnecessary, but it is the running gag of the series) and I don't want this one to take the same path.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:51   Link #128
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Albany
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
reply

I do have to say the girls were quite lovely in their gowns. And Mei was just adorable, lol. Though, the tango dance with Rinka was awesome.
__________________
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
"Come on! I don't feel like losing!" - Johnny Ridden, The Crimson Lightning
"Hatred is the root of all war! That's common sense, boy!" - Anavel Gato, The Nightmare of Solomon
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 15:33   Link #129
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Is the imouto on the phone Ogura Yui? Still not too impressed with this show thus far. The premise just sets off my personal alarms (gold digger alert!), so I can't get into the girls.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 15:38   Link #130
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Anime World
Age: 19
This main character is pretty brave.

If I knew that I had a sister who was trying to get close to me and marry me, I wouldn't go near another female until I was sure on who it was

This guys just dancing with every girl he can and seeing half of them naked

The girls are pretty likeable though, episode 2 was a nice piece of entertainment overall
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 16:02   Link #131
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I'm a fan of harem series. I love To-Love-Ru so the standard "clumsy MC falls on top of girl in awkward position" thing isn't a big deal and usually gets a laugh out of me...but some things this episode felt out of place an unnecessary.

I'm talking mainly about the scene where Shougo falls on top of Rinka. It felt forced and unnecessary. The whole scene was going so well with him showing his great dancing skills and dazzling the girls and it was pretty much ruined by an out of place "Boob-grab trip gag".
Another one that bothered me was Miyabi's dress top getting lose and exposing her breasts to him. Again it felt unnecessary and out of place. Even if this is an Ecchi series it doesn't have to have an ecchi in every scene. Sometimes showing the MC acting cool from start to finish does wonders for a series.

To-Love-Ru does it well because it not only doesn't take itseçf serious from the very beginning but it is already an established gag where Rito will fall in a awkward position every time he interacts with a girl. It's such a normal thing that it no longer feels out of place (still often unnecessary, but it is the running gag of the series) and I don't want this one to take the same path.
At least "Mister X" didn't slap him after he saw her naked when she got out of the shower. Heck, it looked like she didn't really care, given that she was in no hurry to get dressed afterwards (someone get me a smokin' hot girl like that).

Overall, a slightly more enjoyable episode. I get the impression that they're trying hard to pin Miyabi as the MC's sister, but until I see more of the other girls, it's probably too early to tell. Either that, or it's what they want me to believe.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 16:07   Link #132
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@Kaoru Chujo -- Just wondering, as the resident seiyuu specialist of the forums, in your opinion who do you think is voicing the faceless imouto?
I wish I knew. From other indications, I think it's Miyabi, but the voice doesn't necessarily sound like it (although Sakura Ayane could make that voice). Maybe it's Rinka (Taketatsu Ayana)? Anyway, Miyabi or Rinka is what I'm thinking now -- but it would be hard for any of these upper-crust girls to have an unknown background. And there are more candidates in the wings.

I'm glad you said I was a seiyuu "specialist," and not "expert." At times like this, I think "fan" is the right word.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the show. The situation is interesting. The MC is great. The girls make sense to me. The voice-acting is good. The MC falling on top of a girl and putting his hand on her breast is just a yawn, but Miyabi's top coming off worked well as fanservice.

It will be interesting to see which girls, if any, are actually gold-diggers. The way this is going, anyone who started as a gold-digger would end up enamored with this guy for his own sake.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 16:29   Link #133
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I think I've sussed it. It turns out they're all his little sister - dad put it about a bit.

Shougo should go with "Mister X".
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 16:43   Link #134
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Episode two was quite enjoyable. The animation improved a little bit and there was plenty of laughs. Although some of this is predictable, there is still a surprising element to it - like a protag who can dance. I can waltz and foxtrot, but not tango. Definitely going to master tango one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I do have to say the girls were quite lovely in their gowns. And Mei was just adorable, lol. Though, the tango dance with Rinka was awesome.
Rinka is great. Thinking she could one-up him. Silly girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I wish I knew. From other indications, I think it's Miyabi, but the voice doesn't necessarily sound like it (although Sakura Ayane could make that voice). Maybe it's Rinka (Taketatsu Ayana)? Anyway, Miyabi or Rinka is what I'm thinking now -- but it would be hard for any of these upper-crust girls to have an unknown background. And there are more candidates in the wings.

I'm glad you said I was a seiyuu "specialist," and not "expert." At times like this, I think "fan" is the right word.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the show. The situation is interesting. The MC is great. The girls make sense to me. The voice-acting is good. The MC falling on top of a girl and putting his hand on her breast is just a yawn, but Miyabi's top coming off worked well as fanservice.

It will be interesting to see which girls, if any, are actually gold-diggers. The way this is going, anyone who started as a gold-digger would end up enamored with this guy for his own sake.
I wish the voice was changed with a machine or something. Like a voice changer to hide your identity in spy movies. But, that's be a bit too creepy, haha.

And you are the resident specialist, if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I think I've sussed it. It turns out they're all his little sister - dad put it about a bit.

Shougo should go with "Mister X".
That is my hypothesis as well. At the very least, two of them are.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 17:01   Link #135
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Guy's a PIMP!

Princess Lover vibes here + mystery sister.

I'm assuming this is a rich kid's school, having formal dance parties and limo rides.

-Reverse Trap (thumbs up)
-Mana-chan......MINE! (double thumbs up)
-Nice dance scenes (Triple thumbs up)

PLAYA has all the girls dancing around his fingertips.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:44   Link #136
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
This main character is pretty brave.

If I knew that I had a sister who was trying to get close to me and marry me, I wouldn't go near another female until I was sure on who it was

This guys just dancing with every girl he can and seeing half of them naked

The girls are pretty likeable though, episode 2 was a nice piece of entertainment overall
To be fair, in the manga (and likely the LN), he wasn't positive she wanted to marry him until after the ball (phone call from this episode), which was before Mister X showed up (it's why he went to investigate the records). They shifted some stuff around in this episode.

That said, I'm really glad Miyabi didn't hit him when her dress came undone. It's refreshing to see a girl not act like a total bitch just because of an uncontrollable incident.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:52   Link #137
iceyfw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 25
i tried the harem genre once more but the usual tropes of MC grabs boobs, finds out a guy is a chick, and is dense when it comes to chicks hitting on him is getting to me. i'm either growing out of it or just getting sick of it since i know it'll happen anyway in these harem adaptations.

here is to hoping hagure yuusha no estetica is different since it involves fantasy! otherwise i won't be watching any anime again this season. now back to coding my VB project SADKJLSADJK
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 20:26   Link #138
Divini
Senpai!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Seeing all the girls' reactions I honestly think all of them were his "imoutos" when he was young. Probably at different times, blood-related optional. They all seem to know him before they met during the story, and his initial relationship value with all of them are far too high.

Also leaning toward the sister on the phone being different people each time.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 21:54   Link #139
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
By any chance somebody knew the music playing during the tango scene? Or is that part of the soundtrack?
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig

Last edited by Cyz; 2012-07-13 at 22:12.
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 00:34   Link #140
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
here is to hoping hagure yuusha no estetica is different since it involves fantasy! otherwise i won't be watching any anime again this season. now back to coding my VB project SADKJLSADJK
It is different. It has pee in it.

Anyways, imouto...oh, I'm sorry. IMOUTO and I are now bitter enemies.
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.