AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-14, 20:32   Link #1181
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by lansglenn View Post
Given that it looks like each side story equates to one episode (ep 2 is Aria, ep 3 Red Nosed, ep4 Blackswordsman), at what episode can we expect the main story arc to begin?

And starting from that episode all the way to the end of ep13 (?), do you think it is adequate content to fulfill a genuine & believable Kirito x Asuna romance the way we have it in the novel?
this is my guess for the rest of the SAO arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
guessing on the rest of the eps

Ep6 - Dragon shit
Ep7 - Crusade against Laughing Coffin
Ep8 - Stew+Lvl74 boss
Ep9 - Duel with heathcliff+Kuradeel
Ep10 - Marriage+Yui
Ep11 - Yui/Army/Fishing
Ep12 - lvl75 boss fight + Heathcliff
Ep13 - Heathcliff + Epilogue for SAO
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 20:39   Link #1182
lansglenn
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
this is my guess for the rest of the SAO arc.

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
guessing on the rest of the eps

Ep6 - Dragon shit
Ep7 - Crusade against Laughing Coffin
Ep8 - Stew+Lvl74 boss
Ep9 - Duel with heathcliff+Kuradeel
Ep10 - Marriage+Yui
Ep11 - Yui/Army/Fishing
Ep12 - lvl75 boss fight + Heathcliff
Ep13 - Heathcliff + Epilogue for SAO
So it looks like there is no way they can properly convey the 2-year developing romance between the two.

There's too much story to tell in 13 episodes! Unless SAO arc ends at some later episode.. which would then hurt ALO
__________________
lansglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 20:42   Link #1183
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by lansglenn View Post
So it looks like there is no way they can properly convey the 2-year developing romance between the two.

There's too much story to tell in 13 episodes! Unless SAO arc ends at some later episode.. which would then hurt ALO
there weren't actually 2 yrs of romance. Sometime before RNR Kirito and Asuna separated and they only meet again in 4/2023 during the Murder Case. Before the rewrite, Murder was where Kirito and Asuna first develop a relationship.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 20:51   Link #1184
XxSleepyxX
Learner
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: HONEY~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
this is my guess for the rest of the SAO arc.
Hes not going to fight heathcliff. The heathcliff fight will the other half of sao. Episode 12 is going to end with the sao world realizing he has the dual blades skill.
__________________
XxSleepyxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 20:56   Link #1185
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Hes not going to fight heathcliff. The heathcliff fight will the other half of sao. Episode 12 is going to end with the sao world realizing he has the dual blades skill.
Uhm, source?? And how does that explain Lyfa's VA then?
__________________
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:00   Link #1186
CNine
The Crossroad
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Almost in There
SAO arc will definitely finished in one season, since two season is just too long for one arc[even Horizon didn't dare to do that]

Lyfa---> main heroine for dairy dance [6-7 episode]-->around episode 13-14
Sinon--->main heroine for GGO[just speculation since there is almost none SS between ALO arc and GGO]
__________________

Last edited by CNine; 2012-07-14 at 21:21. Reason: got it wrong, sorry
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:11   Link #1187
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
it's 26 episode, that's will answer your curiousity.
Lyfa---> main heroine for dairy dance [6-7 episode]
Sinon--->main heroine for GGO[just speculation since there is almost none SS between ALO arc and GGO]
I know that. :P

Sleepy was implying that the whole first season of SAO is going to focus on SAO alone, and that doesn't match with the fact that Lyfa (and not Suguha) has a VA.
__________________
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:19   Link #1188
CNine
The Crossroad
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Almost in There
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I know that. :P

Sleepy was implying that the whole first season of SAO is going to focus on SAO alone, and that doesn't match with the fact that Lyfa (and not Suguha) has a VA.
sorry, got it wrong

well Sugu is apeear indeed[since Sugu=Lyfa, i think her VA will same too]
Spoiler for her appearance:
__________________
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:23   Link #1189
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
well Sugu is apeear indeed
Spoiler for her appearance:
Yeah, that she did. But if this season were to only cover the SAO arc, it doesn't explain why the studio is going through the side stories so quickly..

I'd say ALO is a given.
__________________
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:27   Link #1190
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ware wa Kuu. Ware wa Kou. Ware wa Jin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Yeah, that she did. But if this season were to only cover the SAO arc, it doesn't explain why the studio is going through the side stories so quickly..

I'd say ALO is a given.
A terrifying thought but a possibility nonetheless... They may actually put in anime-only fillers. Particularly harem rom-com buffonery
__________________
The true last samurai...
Swordstriker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:29   Link #1191
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
I didn't just hear you say that. Nope. Let's forget that such a thing can happen. It's for the best.
__________________
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:29   Link #1192
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
A terrifying thought but a possibility nonetheless... They may actually put in anime-only fillers. Particularly harem rom-com buffonery
*summons a lighting bolt to smite Swordstriker21 for even suggesting such a travesty*
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:45   Link #1193
CNine
The Crossroad
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Almost in There
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Yeah, that she did. But if this season were to only cover the SAO arc, it doesn't explain why the studio is going through the side stories so quickly..

I'd say ALO is a given.
let's say that one book = 4 episode

prologue [book 1 ch 1-5] = 1 episode[25% of book 1]
episode 2 = Aria in The Starless Night
episode 3 = Red Nose Reindeer
episode 4 = Black Swordman
episode 5-6 = Murder case in the area
episode 7 = Warm of Heart
episode 8 = Dinner with Asuna + duel with Kradil
episode 9 = Kirito Soloed tha late Gleameyes[Dual Blades debut]
episode 10 = The Duel [1st part]
episode 11 = Kradil Revenge
episode 12 = Asuna and Kirito marriage[and got Yui as their bonus]
episode 13 = 75th boss battle[1st half]--->The Duel[2nd]
episode 14 = The Duel[Last one]---> SAO conclude[1st half]----> Kirito back to Real World and searching for Real Asuna.
assuming that Murder case is two episode, that's it.
__________________
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 22:04   Link #1194
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: You Guess
Age: 21
Quote:
episode 12 = Asuna and Kirito marriage[and got Yui as their bonus]
Seeing these episode speculations including the marriage has gotten me wondering. Kirito explains in the novels that marriage SAO is contracted by simply sending a proposal message. But who says that a message can't be special?

Think they'll do anything cute with that in the anime? 800 word essay on how amazing Asuna is lul?
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 22:07   Link #1195
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ware wa Kuu. Ware wa Kou. Ware wa Jin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
*summons a lighting bolt to smite Swordstriker21 for even suggesting such a travesty*
*Takes out mirror shield and reflects lightning attack to unsuspecting NPC then bows to the ground in meek apology

But seriously I'm actually afraid A-1 will actually include the other gals in some arcs just to extend their screen time. Let's hope it's just baseless paranoia
__________________
The true last samurai...
Swordstriker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 22:37   Link #1196
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
I just hope they do the Yui story right .
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 22:53   Link #1197
raxel
Kamigami Sochi
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
though one thing that i just noticed is, not in the anime but in the light novel itself, don't know if it was discussed but...
The meeting between Kirito and Asuna, i find it a bit shady, because it appears twice in the light novel.
First is when they go for the meeting and everytime after that up until the first floor boss fight, but in the light novel they meet again, but It's said that they met because Kirito was taking a nap and Asuna scolded him because she said that he should be doing something useful because if he was this high up in the floors, he should be on the front lines, and that was how her relationship with kirito started...
__________________
raxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 23:02   Link #1198
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I didn't read spoilers yet and this my first time reading LN even i was watching anime and reading manga from long time because i couldn't find any site that time and i'm don't like more words and less pictures ...But I forced my self to read story from LN after looking to people how they excited waiting the anime .. I LOVE IT i couldn't stop reading SAO LN with amazing story like this and I'm right now in V5 XD.

and good thing i didn't ignore V2 "side story "
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 23:03   Link #1199
lansglenn
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raxel View Post
though one thing that i just noticed is, not in the anime but in the light novel itself, don't know if it was discussed but...
The meeting between Kirito and Asuna, i find it a bit shady, because it appears twice in the light novel.
First is when they go for the meeting and everytime after that up until the first floor boss fight, but in the light novel they meet again, but It's said that they met because Kirito was taking a nap and Asuna scolded him because she said that he should be doing something useful because if he was this high up in the floors, he should be on the front lines, and that was how her relationship with kirito started...
Yes this is a plot hole amongst some others. That is why Kawahara Reki is rewriting SAO into SAO Progression.

EDIT: Given that the anime went w/ the meeting for first boss, they won't meet for the first time again. It'll probably be along the lines of meeting again after a long time or some such.
__________________
lansglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 23:09   Link #1200
lansglenn
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
let's say that one book = 4 episode

prologue [book 1 ch 1-5] = 1 episode[25% of book 1]
episode 2 = Aria in The Starless Night
episode 3 = Red Nose Reindeer
episode 4 = Black Swordman
episode 5-6 = Murder case in the area
episode 7 = Warm of Heart
episode 8 = Dinner with Asuna + duel with Kradil
episode 9 = Kirito Soloed tha late Gleameyes[Dual Blades debut]
episode 10 = The Duel [1st part]
episode 11 = Kradil Revenge
episode 12 = Asuna and Kirito marriage[and got Yui as their bonus]
episode 13 = 75th boss battle[1st half]--->The Duel[2nd]
episode 14 = The Duel[Last one]---> SAO conclude[1st half]----> Kirito back to Real World and searching for Real Asuna.
assuming that Murder case is two episode, that's it.
One of the big questions I have about SAO LN is I never understood the "why" in the Kirito x Asuna relationship. I mean, we know they're being lovey dovey but we are never given much detail regarding their romance building up. Considering the above listed episodes, I'm fairly certain my question will still remain unanswered.
__________________
lansglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, gaming, harem, kirito, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.