AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-17, 22:46   Link #181
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
It would be better if they make a movie about the last battle before Ieyasu became Shogun...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 23:45   Link #182
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Oh, but he DID change a very fundamental part of history. Nobuna will not be consumed with ambition of conquest at the expense of killing ANYONE that opposes her (and therefore killing what she really holds dear). Nobuna will try to unify nippon for the nation well-being, not for her thirst of power. One could argue that is what diferentiates a tyrant from a statesman.
Eh, contrary to public opinion, Nobunaga's actions really weren't that much out of social norm at time.

Family fued was common and so were the slaughters and betrayals. Takeda Shingen also had his shares of slaughters and family feud that included exiling his father and elimination his own son. Uesugi Kenshin, despite having a noble image, also have his share of criticism from peers of his periods. Interestingly, there isn't much criticism about Nobunaga that was on the record. Most of the criticism comes from the records after the Edo period and establishment of Tokugawa Shogunate.

Interesting note here is that part of Nobunaga's image was that he was often being betrayed so his is cruel to vassal. However, after his unified the Oda clan and Owari, none of the betrayals he faced were from his own clan nor Owari vassals. That is actually an unique situation compare to other Daimyo clans at time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Why are sengoku and three kingdom adaptions so loathed overseas, if nothing else the audience must be much more accepting due to the decades of shakespearean adaptions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Because except for the Koreans, most people outside Japan and the Sinosphere aren't familiar with the period as compared to European stories/history.


That being said, I have started watching.

*Takes out her katana*

Agree, that is part of the cultural difference between East/West/MiddleEast.

Eastern Asian countries in general knows these history or at very least aware of these period.

Chinese Sengoku/Spring-Autumn, Japanese Sengoku, and Chinese Sangoku/Three-Kingdom are popular historical periods that pop the interests of countries of those region.


Anyway, episode two is great, so far, this LN adaption is better then I expected even if I've been following the LN.

I also like the detail were Inuchiyo is living next to him, when it is popular opinion that Maeda and Hideyoshi were consistently neighbors before they were given land.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 00:48   Link #183
Anime Online
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Enjoying the anime so far.

I'm very glad the show hit the ground running, instead of spending time showing Yoshiharu griping about being stuck in a weird time period and moaning about going home. Yoshiharu is a proactive, resourceful character who uses his game and history knowledge to his benefit. This, I approve!

I'm wondering how far the anime would go in terms of the Nobunaga's historical life. I'm certain the battle of Okehazama would be featured at some point, the famous battle in which Nobunaga led a small force of about 2,500 to miraculous victory against an overwhelming force of about 40,000 Imagawa troops.

The decisive battle of Nagashino in which Nobunaga defeated Takeda (mentioned briefly during Nobuna's temple meeting with Dosan in episode 1), thus cementing Nobunaga's military dominance in the Kanto region, would likely be featured in the anime as well.

Also, I notice the anime changed the name of Oda Nobuyuki, the name of Nobunaga's younger brother who died in rebellion. It might seem a small thing, but I'm thinking it's a prelude that the famous betrayal at Honno-ji would be done by another character as a twist or to spare the cute girl such an ignominious role.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 01:29   Link #184
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
N-Nono, you don't need to reenact scenes from the episodes to prove your point =_=
Bu, but, I want to be a general for Nobuna-chan
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 02:35   Link #185
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Bu, but, I want to be a general for Nobuna-chan
I want to do that too, I wish there is a Nobuna-mod somewhere for Nobunaga's Ambition game. I mean there is a Saimoe-mod out there for Romance of Three Kingdom X and XII.

A Nobuna-mod shouldn't be too hard, all you do is subbing the character portrays, unless someone is getting ambitious with Scenario Editor.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 02:37   Link #186
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
The CDs for the OP and ED should have been released now. Here are the covers:


OP: Link




Spoiler for ED: Hikari:


I have to say, I love the last scene of the ED:

Spoiler for Obviously NSFW:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 02:55   Link #187
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Enjoying the anime so far.

I'm very glad the show hit the ground running, instead of spending time showing Yoshiharu griping about being stuck in a weird time period and moaning about going home. Yoshiharu is a proactive, resourceful character who uses his game and history knowledge to his benefit. This, I approve!

I'm wondering how far the anime would go in terms of the Nobunaga's historical life. I'm certain the battle of Okehazama would be featured at some point, the famous battle in which Nobunaga led a small force of about 2,500 to miraculous victory against an overwhelming force of about 40,000 Imagawa troops.

The decisive battle of Nagashino in which Nobunaga defeated Takeda (mentioned briefly during Nobuna's temple meeting with Dosan in episode 1), thus cementing Nobunaga's military dominance in the Kanto region, would likely be featured in the anime as well.

Also, I notice the anime changed the name of Oda Nobuyuki, the name of Nobunaga's younger brother who died in rebellion. It might seem a small thing, but I'm thinking it's a prelude that the famous betrayal at Honno-ji would be done by another character as a twist or to spare the cute girl such an ignominious role.

Based on events, Battle of Okehazama should be in episode 4 or 5. Considering next episode is the Mino rebellion and Okehazama is the climax of Volume 1.

Battle of Nagashino probably won't be featured considering that LN hasn't getting that far yet and is about 15 years away.

Also Nobuyuki's name wasn't really changed, Nobuyuki has a lot of names changes including Nobukatsu(信勝), Tassei(達成), Nobunari(信成). Nobuyuki is the most well-known only because that was the name listed in the Oda clan record. On the other hand Kanjuro is the nickname/child name(informal name) for him.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 03:28   Link #188
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
I don't think there WILL be a Battle of Nagashino, or at least not in the form as we know it. Due to the existence of Yoshiharu, things will move in a far faster rate than in real history. Furthermore, we already have the problem here of Nobuna being 16 while dealing with the Suemori conflict, which in our history Nobunaga crushed it when he was 22, 6 years after he came to power.

Basically, while we can presume the basic outline of what goes on, we cannot assume things will go as they went with our history. The ages are off, the timing is off, and the general time flow is off.

That being said, personally I hope we get to Volume 5, although I would think that would be pushing things. Volume 3 seems to be the decent cut-off.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 05:42   Link #189
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Yeah agree, the series's premise is iffy to begin with. The only thing consistent was the flow of events itself. Battle of Nagashino really is too far and as you say V3 is most likely cut-off point, V5 does seem too much of stretch based on the pace right now.

BTW this is a 1-cour series right?
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 05:48   Link #190
Anime Online
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Based on events, Battle of Okehazama should be in episode 4 or 5. Considering next episode is the Mino rebellion and Okehazama is the climax of Volume 1.

Battle of Nagashino probably won't be featured considering that LN hasn't getting that far yet and is about 15 years away.

Also Nobuyuki's name wasn't really changed, Nobuyuki has a lot of names changes including Nobukatsu(信勝), Tassei(達成), Nobunari(信成). Nobuyuki is the most well-known only because that was the name listed in the Oda clan record. On the other hand Kanjuro is the nickname/child name(informal name) for him.
I see, I guess that rules out the battle of Nagashino and the incident at Honno-Ji in the current anime season, since the LN isn't that far yet. That may mean Nobuna would not yet meet the major characters of the time period such as Takeda Shingen and Uesugi Kenshin. However, I think I see Date Masamune in the OP, so perhaps there is still hope.

Thank you for illuminating the fact Nobukatsu and Nobuyuki are different names belonging to the same person.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I don't think there WILL be a Battle of Nagashino, or at least not in the form as we know it. Due to the existence of Yoshiharu, things will move in a far faster rate than in real history. Furthermore, we already have the problem here of Nobuna being 16 while dealing with the Suemori conflict, which in our history Nobunaga crushed it when he was 22, 6 years after he came to power.

Basically, while we can presume the basic outline of what goes on, we cannot assume things will go as they went with our history. The ages are off, the timing is off, and the general time flow is off.

That being said, personally I hope we get to Volume 5, although I would think that would be pushing things. Volume 3 seems to be the decent cut-off.
It would be easier to sell a "high-school girl" age Nobuna to the audience. In fact, I think a 22-year old Nobuna would be quite a tough sell. If the audience are willing to accept the gender bending, a certain amount of age discrepancy could be overlooked.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 06:06   Link #191
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Yeah agree, the series's premise is iffy to begin with. The only thing consistent was the flow of events itself.
Not really, since as we shall see, there will be unexpected bumps, although they'll probably not be apparent with season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Battle of Nagashino really is too far and as you say V3 is most likely cut-off point, V5 does seem too much of stretch based on the pace right now.
For both pacing and story reasons, yes V3 is probably the best place. V4 and V5 contains a lot of stuff which would probably be 12 episodes by themselves, and as also have quite a bit of things going on outside of regular history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
BTW this is a 1-cour series right?
As far as I know yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
It would be easier to sell a "high-school girl" age Nobuna to the audience. In fact, I think a 22-year old Nobuna would be quite a tough sell. If the audience are willing to accept the gender bending, a certain amount of age discrepancy could be overlooked.
My point is that instead of six years since coming to power, we have events happening within what seems to be one year since Nobuna came to power. The pace of history has been accelerated a lot.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 08:32   Link #192
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Eh, contrary to public opinion, Nobunaga's actions really weren't that much out of social norm at time.
I have no doubt about that, that is what separates run of the mill historical figures from visionaries. I mean, a mere two centuries ago making a country with democratic ideals was visionary (even though they did not ban slavery), 400 years ago winning the hearts and minds of your enemies instead of slaying them would have been unusual to say the least (heck, it can be said it is unusual even nowadays).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 10:22   Link #193
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Pretty informative comparison pic. Sorry if old.

Spoiler:
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:09   Link #194
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Nene? Hey, Nene's a hot babe warrior?!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:16   Link #195
Riki
ランダム王
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Nene? Hey, Nene's a hot babe warrior?!!!
that's the only one thats wrong ......but for the others...THANK YOU ANIME!!
__________________
Life is a blank sheet of paper. Each of your movements and actions will determine whether or not it becomes art or scrap.
Riki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:26   Link #196
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I would take that Nene over the whole loli cast any day. But noeees she needs to serve weds for dinner and hit you on da head with wood spoon ^^.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:40   Link #197
JohnNiles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Speaking of Nene, now I see why people are saying Pokemon Conquest reuses character designs from another game, Samurai Warriors. Those must be pictures from Samurai Warriors- the outfits for Nene and Hanbei are very recognizable. Though I'm not sure which game is Samurai Warriors itself; the title is very generic. The rest of the pictures could be passed off as historical portraits. In fact, that picture of Nobunaga looks like it came from the mainline Nobunaga's Amibition series.

For comparison purposes:
http://www.pokemonconquest.com/en-us/character/nene
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:58   Link #198
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Looks like mostly Samurai Warriors 3 art to me, with the exceptions of Niwa and Matsunaga's portrait art and maybe both Oda's as well. They look to be from a different game. Takeda looks f'n awesome like that - makes me want to see good ol' Yukimura Sanada. XD

"OYAKATA-SAMAAAA~!!"

"YUKIMURAAAA~!!"

Sengoku Basara ruined me.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 12:14   Link #199
halibonga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: toronto
this shows is much better than i expected it to be, MC is not trash, plot seems okay, though i bet it pissed off a LOT of sengoku fans since their fav characters are now little girls..lol
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 12:14   Link #200
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lurking
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
OP: Link
Images
for size
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
There is something awesome about that suit of armor design...
__________________

Current Sig
Mimi
(Atelier Meruru)


Last Sig
Sinanju(Poco)


Avatar
Anmi
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.