AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's the true Queen?
Mashiro 36 18.18%
Arika 87 43.94%
Nina 51 25.76%
All of them 10 5.05%
None of them 14 7.07%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2005-12-28, 17:00   Link #61
babuji
Alston De Ventigo
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Malaysia
I vote for Arika cuz of a few reason:

A) The gem that she is holding belongs to her mother and might be a princess at that time.
B) Sergay and Natsuki immediately notice the blue gem and start to have doubt about Mashiro being the true Queen.
C)Sergay and Natsuki immediately ask Arika of her mother's name that she couldn't remember (I assume that the loss princess 14 years ago must be the daughter of Rena and this is what both sergay and Natsuki were looking for)
D)Even the Grand Duke told Sergay ("Do you think everybody had forgotten the incident" in episode 1)...This shows that The Grand Duke knew much more about Arika that the rest and at first sight he knew Mashiro wasn't the true princess.
E) Nina knew about the blue sapphire gem that belongs to Rena and somehow knew that Arika was the heir to it and Sergay did tell Nina something about Rena which we didn't get to hear.


This is what I see might lead to having Arika as the true princess. I might not be entirely correct so if there is anything to add on it feel free to do so.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
babuji is offline  
Old 2005-12-28, 17:22   Link #62
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by babuji
I vote for Arika cuz of a few reason:

A) The gem that she is holding belongs to her mother and might be a princess at that time.
B) Sergay and Natsuki immediately notice the blue gem and start to have doubt about Mashiro being the true Queen.
C)Sergay and Natsuki immediately ask Arika of her mother's name that she couldn't remember (I assume that the loss princess 14 years ago must be the daughter of Rena and this is what both sergay and Natsuki were looking for)
D)Even the Grand Duke told Sergay ("Do you think everybody had forgotten the incident" in episode 1)...This shows that The Grand Duke knew much more about Arika that the rest and at first sight he knew Mashiro wasn't the true princess.
E) Nina knew about the blue sapphire gem that belongs to Rena and somehow knew that Arika was the heir to it and Sergay did tell Nina something about Rena which we didn't get to hear.


This is what I see might lead to having Arika as the true princess. I might not be entirely correct so if there is anything to add on it feel free to do so.
Just to nitpick, i don't think Nagi knows about Arika and Blue Gem. He isn't much older then either Mashiro or Arika, so he woul dhave no first knowledge of the events back then. Any information he has would be 2nd hand info at best. Also nagi even if he knew about the importance of the gem stone doesn't know Arika has them in her posession. So he would have no way of connecting Arika to Windbloom's throne if there is one. The remark was just something he made in response to Sergy.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2005-12-28, 18:20   Link #63
KiraDouji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
Isn't Rad an Aswald guy?
Didn't Aswald break off of Schwartz around then?

- Kira
KiraDouji is offline  
Old 2005-12-28, 18:56   Link #64
Mysticmidnightmaiden
is Ultra Relaxed
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Mysticmidnightmaiden
First off, to those argueing that others statements are false because they are based on their assumptions, pleasue remember that no one (save the folks working on the show) knows neither what will happen nor any background knowledge on the Otome universe. So if you're trying to invalidate someone's argument because of a grammar slipup, just gently remind yourself that everyone is freely speaking their opinions.

Back on topic, I like everyone's theries supporting Nina and Arika (though some are a bit too obvious), but I voted for Mashiro the queen. I guess it's just my gut feeling that Sunrise is throwing us a giant red herring with the doubt and drama created around the "false queen". I can see the series ending with this revelation (along with Nina being Rena's daughter and Arika as Sergey's sister, another gut feeling...), but the future just seems too murky for me to come up with a "factual" argument. I think Mashiro will be a good queen after witnessing the events in Episode 12. Nina may know how society works, but can she truely rule over people? I won't even start with Arika, though she may prove to be the most competent in the end. I can't see the happy-go-lucky country bumpkin becoming a queen...
Besides, her dream is to become an Otome, right? (lol)
Mysticmidnightmaiden is offline  
Old 2005-12-28, 19:07   Link #65
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticmidnightmaiden
First off, to those argueing that others statements are false because they are based on their assumptions, pleasue remember that no one (save the folks working on the show) knows neither what will happen nor any background knowledge on the Otome universe. So if you're trying to invalidate someone's argument because of a grammar slipup, just gently remind yourself that everyone is freely speaking their opinions.

Back on topic, I like everyone's theries supporting Nina and Arika (though some are a bit too obvious), but I voted for Mashiro the queen. I guess it's just my gut feeling that Sunrise is throwing us a giant red herring with the doubt and drama created around the "false queen". I can see the series ending with this revelation (along with Nina being Rena's daughter and Arika as Sergey's sister, another gut feeling...), but the future just seems too murky for me to come up with a "factual" argument. I think Mashiro will be a good queen after witnessing the events in Episode 12. Nina may know how society works, but can she truely rule over people? I won't even start with Arika, though she may prove to be the most competent in the end. I can't see the happy-go-lucky country bumpkin becoming a queen...
Besides, her dream is to become an Otome, right? (lol)
Well if theres going to a drastic change in the status regarding the nanomachines and otomes and political landscape. Who is to say Arika can't become a Otome and Queen.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2005-12-28, 19:08   Link #66
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticmidnightmaiden
Nina may know how society works, but can she truely rule over people? I won't even start with Arika, though she may prove to be the most competent in the end. I can't see the happy-go-lucky country bumpkin becoming a queen...
Remember, we are voting on who is actually the queen, not who will end up being the queen. As much as I think Nina is the queen by heredity, I also equally ferverently hope that Mashiro ends up staying the queen (hopefully after Takumi teaches her a thing or two about being a decent leader).
Tremalkinger is offline  
Old 2005-12-28, 19:36   Link #67
Mysticmidnightmaiden
is Ultra Relaxed
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Mysticmidnightmaiden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
Remember, we are voting on who is actually the queen, not who will end up being the queen. As much as I think Nina is the queen by heredity, I also equally ferverently hope that Mashiro ends up staying the queen (hopefully after Takumi teaches her a thing or two about being a decent leader).
Oops, my bad! I started ranting again... (lol)
What I simply wanted to say was that Mashiro is the queen. Period.
Mysticmidnightmaiden is offline  
Old 2005-12-28, 19:39   Link #68
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticmidnightmaiden
Oops, my bad! I started ranting again... (lol)
What I simply wanted to say was that Mashiro is the queen. Period.
The more I think about it, the more I like that option. I don't think its TRUE, but would very much enjoy it if it came to be. Let's hear it for red herrings!
Tremalkinger is offline  
Old 2005-12-28, 19:49   Link #69
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticmidnightmaiden
What I simply wanted to say was that Mashiro is the queen. Period.
It's a Sunrise show. There's still a change they could completely jack us....but I do want Mashiro to be queen. Purple hair rules.
Catgirls is offline  
Old 2005-12-28, 20:12   Link #70
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
.but I do want Mashiro to be queen. Purple hair rules.
But Blonds know how to have more fun as Ralphn has shown us
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2005-12-28, 21:15   Link #71
Kigo
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Well if theres going to a drastic change in the status regarding the nanomachines and otomes and political landscape. Who is to say Arika can't become a Otome and Queen.
Mai was a princess and a otome, I don't see why Arika can't be an Otome and Queen. She could serve Windbloom and materialise like the pillars can. Highly possible!

Although it would be weird, an otome is and can be a second voice on actions. Kinda like saying "attacking them is a bad idea" or "I won't do that" xD. With the second voice out of the way Arika could do as she pleases, who needs advisors if you could do it yourself =P? She'll have control of the kingdom and a lot of power under her hands, the other nations might not like this. If the other nations have a say on who get's into Galdroupe they probably have a say who get's meistar gems x.x
Kigo is offline  
Old 2005-12-28, 21:20   Link #72
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigo
Mai was a princess and a otome, I don't see why Arika can't be an Otome and Queen. She could serve Windbloom and materialise like the pillars can. Highly possible!

Although it would be weird, an otome is and can be a second voice on actions. Kinda like saying "attacking them is a bad idea" or "I won't do that" xD. With the second voice out of the way Arika could do as she pleases, who needs advisors if you could do it yourself =P? She'll have control of the kingdom and a lot of power under her hands, the other nations might not like this. If the other nations have a say on who get's into Galdroupe they probably have a say who get's meistar gems x.x
Arika already has a meister gem.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2005-12-28, 21:36   Link #73
Kigo
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yep Arika is only half way there xD It's better this way since she can't do what she pleases without Mashiro's concent, she's the word of wisdom :3 (not sure if that's saying much since it's Mashiro ^^;; )
Kigo is offline  
Old 2005-12-29, 04:12   Link #74
babuji
Alston De Ventigo
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Malaysia
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Just to nitpick, i don't think Nagi knows about Arika and Blue Gem. He isn't much older then either Mashiro or Arika, so he woul dhave no first knowledge of the events back then. Any information he has would be 2nd hand info at best. Also nagi even if he knew about the importance of the gem stone doesn't know Arika has them in her posession. So he would have no way of connecting Arika to Windbloom's throne if there is one. The remark was just something he made in response to Sergy.



Hmmm..what you say might also be true but Nagi seems to know what sergay is thinking.....Nagi might actually know the history of the Rena from someone else.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
babuji is offline  
Old 2005-12-29, 05:01   Link #75
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigo
Mai was a princess and a otome, I don't see why Arika can't be an Otome and Queen. She could serve Windbloom and materialise like the pillars can. Highly possible!
yes but Mai didnt go on for queen..

and for an otome to become queen and otome, if Arika was to become this what would become of Mashiro
by the way as an otome she still needs someone to contract with, she has someone to contract it, but if Mashiro is being calle dout as a fake queen, what do you think will happen, she will be hated by everyone and maybe even kicked out of Windbloom, that way the contract is pretty much useless if Mashiro is out of Windbloom and Arika has to stay within grounds becaus she's the queen

and it can be much to hectic, we dont yet know what Mai has been through that made her a rogue Otome, but i am sure it is dreadfull..
it is way to dangerous to be queen and otome

also to keep the royal bloodline going Arika, if she were queen, couldnt be an otome later on, she would have to give birth to the succesor of Windbloom, that way it was pretty much useless to be an Otome from the start, if you can only stay it for a short while..
-KarumA- is offline  
Old 2005-12-29, 05:36   Link #76
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraDouji
Didn't Aswald break off of Schwartz around then?

- Kira
Umm.. perhaps.. I can't remember. Actually, I remember something along those lines, no, wait.. I though people were speculating how Aswald could have be co-operating with Shwartz for the raid, therefore making the two organisations distinctly seperate even back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticmidnightmaiden
Back on topic, I like everyone's theries supporting Nina and Arika (though some are a bit too obvious), but I voted for Mashiro the queen. I guess it's just my gut feeling that Sunrise is throwing us a giant red herring with the doubt and drama created around the "false queen". I can see the series ending with this revelation (along with Nina being Rena's daughter and Arika as Sergey's sister, another gut feeling...), but the future just seems too murky for me to come up with a "factual" argument. I think Mashiro will be a good queen after witnessing the events in Episode 12. Nina may know how society works, but can she truely rule over people? I won't even start with Arika, though she may prove to be the most competent in the end. I can't see the happy-go-lucky country bumpkin becoming a queen...
Besides, her dream is to become an Otome, right? (lol)
That would be awful. Horrible. God forbid. That would do less than nothing for Nina's compex. What with her being the daughter of Sergei's love (that I have no real problem with, and I find it likely) AND a relationship between Arika and Sergei being made impossible in Nina's mind because they are relatives. That would mess her head up completely just when she was about to sort herself out.

Arika in power? Holy crap.. thats a death wish if ever there was one. You might as well just pour kerosene over the world, set it alight and let it burn for all the good it would do. Arika ending up the most competent in the end? Eeeep... *___* Now, I have no problem with the way Arika is, in fact, I like her, but putting someone like her as queen and an Otome at the same time is a sure fire way to take the population of the world down a few 0s. Mashiro should be left as queen, regardless of blood line, and the Otome hierarchy should be overthrown and replaced. Arika and Nina should be left to pursue careers as Otomes. Not royalty. I think by the end of the series, Mashiro will make a very, very good queen. We have seen progress already.
__________________
╗PRESTěN│

Um... signature image in progress.
Preston is offline  
Old 2005-12-29, 06:28   Link #77
babuji
Alston De Ventigo
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Malaysia
I do think Arika might claim back her throne if she ever get to know her mother background. Even if she doesn't take back her throne the citizens might have be discontented that they are under the rule of a fake Queen. Also becoming a Queen and an otome might be a fine idea actually cuz Arika can be both queen and the kingdom protector.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
babuji is offline  
Old 2005-12-29, 08:01   Link #78
Befgrek
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 29
Well...

Random person: "Hey, Arika! You're the real hier of the throne of Wind Bloom, how 'bout becoming a Queen?"
Arika: *remembers ep. 12*

Yeah... I don't really think she's fit for being a ruler. And she would hardly want to become one herself. So I think the chanses of her actually being the real queen are pretty slim. It seems like things tends to usually work out pretty well in the end when it comes to anime series.
__________________
"Pan ga nai nara... kashi wo kueba yoi!"
Befgrek is offline  
Old 2005-12-29, 08:22   Link #79
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by babuji
I do think Arika might claim back her throne if she ever get to know her mother background. Even if she doesn't take back her throne the citizens might have be discontented that they are under the rule of a fake Queen. Also becoming a Queen and an otome might be a fine idea actually cuz Arika can be both queen and the kingdom protector.
Don't you think that the other nations will probably be very much against an Otome queen? Although in the case of Arika they might be willing to accept her and count on her to ruin the country.

Quote:
I think by the end of the series, Mashiro will make a very, very good queen. We have seen progress already.
True...if you call progress getting from being very spoiled and somewhat stupid to being a bit less spoiled and stupid. I wouldn't go as far as claiming she would make a good queen if it wasn't the opening which shows her as one of the main characters.
Matrim is offline  
Old 2005-12-29, 11:15   Link #80
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
like i said before, i also do not thinkt hat Arika will ever take on rule of queen and become an otome at the same time..

because one thing :

if Arika becomes Queen of Windbloom, what will happen to Mashiro?

beside id rather think that Arika would let Mashiro continue to rules over Windbloom, because she's beter at it then she herself will ever be, i think she'd rather stand by her side as her protector
-KarumA- is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.