AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-19, 02:45   Link #41
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
It's just his true nature, or ... men nature, I dont think it lead us to love or something like that.

I agree with whsie, in fact, he set his own on Nobuna, although there are many other beautiful girls around him, his heart truly desire on Oba.

Well, but I do not deny it's an harem since he wanted to make the kingdom full of woman.
So basically, he's just like Hyuudo Issei. The only girl he truly loves romantically is Rias. As he for the rest of the girls, he loves them as friends and treats them with lust.
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 03:13   Link #42
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Whsie, where does this Oba come from? Her family name should be Oda, just like the historical figure. Calling her oba sounds like calling her granny in English lol
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 04:17   Link #43
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Viet Nam
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to BTDK
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Whsie, where does this Oba come from? Her family name should be Oda, just like the historical figure. Calling her oba sounds like calling her granny in English lol
God =.= I confused and typed the first name wrong too
__________________
BTDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 08:22   Link #44
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Spoiler:
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 09:14   Link #45
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
I really want to read the Light Novel now. The anime is very impressive. I don't usually ask for spoilers, but I am pretty sure there was a part in the Light Novel where Nobuna and her mother Tsuchida Gozen discuss what to do with her brother. In history Tsuchida there are many things that pointed out that she preferred Nobunaga's brother. I wonder if that is true in the Light Novel except it will be Nobuna. Just want to read that part of the Light Novel, it just interest me after reading more of Nobunaga's background.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 09:49   Link #46
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Any spoilers for vol 4? Seemed interesting
Spoiler:

Also any clear moves from the girls on the MC? V7 seemed to hint something about oda if i read correctly
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic208954_2.gif
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 22:28   Link #47
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
So basically, he's just like Hyuudo Issei. The only girl he truly loves romantically is Rias. As he for the rest of the girls, he loves them as friends and treats them with lust.
Quick note:sorry about the name. Didn't pay attention. People who've seen my work know I'm atrocious with names. As for the quote above, I don't think he's quite like isse. While rias is #1 in his heart, I believe he truly loves some of the other girls too (e.g akeno). The relation isse has with the others have extended beyond friends. The mc in this series loves oda only and that's it. Yes, there are TONS of temptations, but he keeps his relationship with the others as friends. In other words, isse has a deeper and more romantic bond with the girls in Dxd compared to the mc has in this series.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 22:36   Link #48
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Quick note:sorry about the name. Didn't pay attention. People who've seen my work know I'm atrocious with names. As for the quote above, I don't think he's quite like isse. While rias is #1 in his heart, I believe he truly loves some of the other girls too (e.g akeno). The relation isse has with the others have extended beyond friends. The mc in this series loves oda only and that's it. Yes, there are TONS of temptations, but he keeps his relationship with the others as friends. In other words, isse has a deeper and more romantic bond with the girls in Dxd compared to the mc has in this series.
Agreed on Isseia and all you say.
While Issei does love Rias the most that does not mean he does not love the other girls. Rias is as you say #1 .
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:02   Link #49
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
I saw the pics from vol 7 and vol 8. Lets just say the harem theory is true to a certain extent.
__________________

lilNewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:15   Link #50
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilNewBlood View Post
I saw the pics from vol 7 and vol 8. Lets just say the harem theory is true to a certain extent.
Lol, I've read volume 6 and he has a whole cult wanting to jump his bones. Throughout it all his mind remains set on oda.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:34   Link #51
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Quick note:sorry about the name. Didn't pay attention. People who've seen my work know I'm atrocious with names. As for the quote above, I don't think he's quite like isse. While rias is #1 in his heart, I believe he truly loves some of the other girls too (e.g akeno). The relation isse has with the others have extended beyond friends. The mc in this series loves oda only and that's it. Yes, there are TONS of temptations, but he keeps his relationship with the others as friends. In other words, isse has a deeper and more romantic bond with the girls in Dxd compared to the mc has in this series.
But the love he had for the other girls wasn't romantic either. He mostly sees them as family members, with Asia being his younger sister. It was familial love that he held for the other girls.The only girl he actually loves in the romantic sense is Rias.
__________________

Last edited by Moe Connection; 2012-07-20 at 00:51.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 01:19   Link #52
deathcoy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SG
Haha, but bottomline is its still a harem... no need to decieve yourselves...

Romance aside, since Sagara doesnt kill, does he "change", become aware that his manipulation and interference causes many deaths before his eyes, consequences etc? or the novel is mainly happy-go-lucky with no depth?

I really like the part where the dilemma, troubled thoughts Rock experienced in Black Lagoon affected him and there was a constant soul searching. The author really did a great job on Rock.
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 01:34   Link #53
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post
Haha, but bottomline is its still a harem... no need to decieve yourselves...

Romance aside, since Sagara doesnt kill, does he "change", become aware that his manipulation and interference causes many deaths before his eyes, consequences etc? or the novel is mainly happy-go-lucky with no depth?

I really like the part where the dilemma, troubled thoughts Rock experienced in Black Lagoon affected him and there was a constant soul searching. The author really did a great job on Rock.
History doesn't change that MUCH except for a few tweaks and there, most of the major events remain the same as they were in history, and in fact, some of things that Sagara does is precisely what's leading to the Honnoji-incident. Just remember what happens in Schooldays.
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 01:56   Link #54
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
But the love he had for the other girls wasn't romantic either. He mostly sees them as family members, with Asia being his younger sister. It was familial love that he held for the other girls.The only girl he actually loves in the romantic sense is Rias.
Well for Asia he tried to became family for her because of her past and what she wanted a friend.
And for girls like Akeno and Rias he thought they did not like him that and that there was no way he stood a chances with them. So he never tried to get in a romantic relationship or tried to develop one with them.

Now then on this
Quote:
I've read volume 6 and he has a whole cult wanting to jump his bones.
Please tell me more. If this is true then this guy has amazing will power.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-07-20 at 02:10.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 11:34   Link #55
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Now then on this
Please tell me more. If this is true then this guy has amazing will power.
Spoiler for Related to the cover of Volume 6:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:03   Link #56
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Yes, that was one of the best twist in the series, right up there with Oichi and Asakura.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 20:24   Link #57
JohnNiles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
When you said "cult" I assumed you meant religious sect like Ikko sect, but the truth is much stranger.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 20:42   Link #58
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
When you said "cult" I assumed you meant religious sect like Ikko sect, but the truth is much stranger.
If it was merely a religion, I would have said a religious sect. However a group that has such weird interests can only be described as a cult.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 23:18   Link #59
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flonyard, Divergence 1.0458586%
Oh wow... I now really want to read the LN...
__________________
KeithKurogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 23:25   Link #60
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
If it was merely a religion, I would have said a religious sect. However a group that has such weird interests can only be described as a cult.
Thought it seems to be replacing the religion that was prominent in the real history.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.