Kawakami's livecast, ( ) are my thoughts/explanations
- Maa, speediest broadcast for episode 2 straight from Kansai, the war of Romaji vs. English starts! (Refers to the streaming words from their spells)
- I drew the rough sketch for Macbeth, then Nishizawa finished the chara design. Clothing etc. were base on things that were representative of that era. (Nishizawa's one of the 3 character designer)
- Macbeth's wife's pretty sexy.
- Settings wise, that bag is a dimension gate, can stuff many, many doujins in there. (Oy ww)
- Shakespeare's wish is, "Stop doozing around and write new books!!"
- Drift starts from Shinakawa. (Front right ship)
- Excalibur's awesome, seriously awesome.
- "How long should we hang him" took a long time to decide during the scripts meeting for the destroying evidence part.
- No matter how I look at it, they look like mob characters design wise but the drawings for 'em look cool. (This is referring to Scarred and Tenzou based on the other tweets; mob is referring to random trash in a MMO)
- This part where [Scarred] is holding her fist's storyboarding was specially inserted by Ono, looks very cool.
- The frames for the lower body part here are well done. For animation director Nishizawa and them, maybe this is the most they've ever drawn for the lower part of a man. (This is specifically referring to the inner part of the thigh ...; Nishizawa doubles up as the animation director for certain episodes)
- The queen's lower body took Aoki-sensei a long time to design for the storyboarding. This will be refused in the future. Job well-done here. (Aoki is the 4 set designer)
- Henares' setting and hospital room etc. are all Aoki's work that put him through hell to complete; this episode is totally dedicated to him.
- Here, Urahata's extremely adamant about adding in Neito and Masazumi's scene, saying things like "Hell yes! (We) have to add this! I love scenes like this," which kinda surprised everyone.
- On a random note, Tenzou's back is the back of the ship, so the ship was suspended by the virtual sea. (CHeck around 14:39 and 15:08 you'll see the waves).
- Yup, this is Fukuyama-san ad libbing.
- For this thread, in a little bit they'll be all be talking about 「That ninja」. (Referring to the future 2ch)
- Plays in essence is performed for gods as offering, so it's difficult to treat the play as impurity for Shinto's cleansing purposes.
- Here, Naruse's VA, Nitta-san, requested retakes to make sure she gets the performance right. There are so many tone shifting here to change the meanings of her word. Really thank you so much.
- This part many people thought would get axed. (Entire last scene with Juana).
- The props held by Phillip (in his bag) were specially designed by Kimura-sensei. There are dried meat etc, but don't know why green onions became mandatory. Why? (Refer to Naomasa in season 1 episode 3's beginning part)
- Everyone laughed quite a bit when they heard the "WHY?!?!" part during after-recording. (19:55, I laughed too ww; from Minorin's blog, they finished recording the entire season before first episode even aired)
- Iida-sensei is in charge of the storyboard for the ED and copyrighted pictures. When I saw the storyboard I thought, "Man this is going to be a pain in the ass ...," but at the same time ... it's crazy awesome ... (Copyrighted pictures as in ones that appear in magazines etc.)
- The texts coming out of Shakespeare's hair are straight from Macbeth, if you can read English it's pretty interesting if you want to check it.
- Ah, Horizon's wearing a modified version of English's uniform. Probably just cut off the sleeves? (Referring to OP)
- Shakespeare's book, you can see Macbeth written on the cover.
- "Elves" and "Half-elves" often like to cover their ears with ear covers, including bottom part of the ear.
- Here, the Birnam Woods' appearances are done in a stellar fashion thanks to SUnrise ... I ordered that this must be convincing and very stage threatrical like. (Referring to the multi-layer appearance of the woods as well as the lightning overhead)
- Originally, there's a suggestion to put a doujin-based store's name on Shakespeare's bag too.
- The 「Alarm Music」 is created by Katou Tatsuya. In season two there will be many scenes where [they] will be attacked, so this type of music is necessary.
- Ah, London city is actually based on a greater area surrounding it. It's easier to understand this by looking at the map.
- Oh by the way, there's only one cable left here because Gin nuke in two different direction in Episode 14, so Futayo could only cut one. (Refer to 14:00 to 14:02, the lower left bullet killed the cable there)
- Futayo and Neito's sequence [for cutting the head of the ship] was actually finished by Taiga-san and two others, but given the time constraint looks like they couldn't fit it in. (Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo)
- A mob character got slapped by another mob character in some ways is a very strange drawing.
- Walsingham's head has a cross-shaped sword from which strings carrying ether are connected [to the rest of the body] and used to control her like a doll. (I don't see this myself)
- Henares' interior design is chosen with the intention of allowing everyone to see the warship construction on top of the city.
- On an [another] side note, Henares is [architecturally] a combination of Alhambra and Henares.
- Even though Neito is looking at Musashi city, she is dazed by the moonlight shower because of her race.
- The area with no lights in London are the natural park area. (Refer to 15:30)
- In the threads, World Status is near the top because that's what Far East care about more. (This window's a complete rip of the current 2ch, including the order in which they appear on the left hand side albeit skipping some category).
- Here, because the script got condensed, I wrote some extra lines. (Kawakami you finally started writing scripts for the anime too)
- This living room is a creation of Miyamoto-sensei who joined us for season 2. What I did is list everything on every desk including stuff like 「On this table put Velasquez's work's figure」 etc. (IIRC Velasquez's side work is making doujin games ... anyway this is shown on 18:31 standing on top a bunch of books)
- Juana's back [after she turned around] is the computer, and the storage is under the desk.
- Henares' walkway must be circular but then we also needed to add in a hall, it was very difficult trying to sort out the contradictions while designing the setting.
- Oh, Naked Guy is wearing clothes in the novel too.
- [ED's] camellia is one of the symbol of Far East. Japan's camellia is an important evolutionary treasure from a global perspective.
- Can you guys see the book's title in Scarred's hand? (Far East Slang)
- You can see the dock of the transport vessel, the containers are divided into blocks.
- Containers from here on would be divided into Male Level and Female Level. The head of the vessel would be used to get clean water from the ocean, or something along these lines.
- Oh, the director for this episode is Nishizawa-sensei (who was responsible for designing "Musashi" and the other ship captains) and Ozaki Masayuki; mechanical design is Kawahara-sensei.
- Ozaki-sensei was with us starting from season 1, if I remember correctly he is also the co-director for episode 8, 11, and 13. Thanks for joining us again.
- Elizabeth's back, for ones that know her, is the 「The area where her fury unleashes」. (Referring to the swords surrounding her back)
- The things floating around the clouds, where the construction of Super Blessed Armada/Grande y Felicisima Armada takes place, are transporting ships with metal platings on the bottom that hold the materials needed for the construction.
- Settings wise, clear water for consumption purposes flow out of the shores, so the kids come out to catch freshwater crabs.
- Even though London is modeled based on the current area, but size for this era is much smaller, so only the core of the city, surrounding imperial, priviate park, and the farms and roads surrounding those are included.
- If you look closely, London's Thames River only has one bridge on it. (................................. ok Kawakami)
- Europe's culture extensively use sealing wax, especially due to the influence of Spanish merchants, so wax's consumption is very high. (Referring to the envelopes)
- Henares' interior's mostly white colored, but there are also Turkish hangings decorated with blue porcelain and mosaics; blue color is also the overall theme.
- Musashi is at a extremely high elevation, because it's too big if there aren't sufficient height in between the two for the camera angle you can't even see the whole ship.
- [ED's] dancing comes with detail movement instruction in the storyboard, was very enjoyable looking at it. (Choregraphy +100 points).
TV Saitama, Chiba TV
- Theatre Skill is really 「Turn this into a theatrical play」, so it's different scale than 「describing myself」 for a doujin writer.
- Neshibara only focuses on the parts that influences himself, Shakespeare does the whole packaging including production and direction. What this means is that Shakespeare can incorporate Neshibara into her play.
- Neshibara must destroy a completed play as an actor for his attacks to be effective. Warp. Human's last hope. Lookings like there's jamming. (I have no idea if the last part's a Halo reference or some other sci-fi series)
- Neshibara's has no idea how to counter or cure [Shakespeare's force role installation of him as Macbeth]. If Shakespeare creates a new Macbeth's wife then he would've been done for.
- Here Shakespeare's inner thigh looks super sexy ...
- Armaments of Deadly Sins have extra parts added to them once each country received it. Muneshige-cannon added a cross-shaped guard, Shakespeare shield added a holding damper [against shocks].
- Instead of Initial M, Shinagawa would be like Initial S right? (Play on Initial D, the pioneer manga of drifting, and as previously tweeted in another post, Shinagawa starts drifting first)
- Oh also, Johnson's monitor/window has a transparency effect, so don't be mistaken about which side the ship is turning.
- Milton really only has 3 legs. (How many of you actually noticed this?)
- Elizabeth's head, settings wise if you remove the sword, it would Exacalibur's activation switch. She takes it off and plays around with it when she's bored.
- "Musashi"'s monitor shows the acceleration meter on the sides. (It's very worth noting that the words on the screen in mirror reflection is 王賜剣二型, 二型 -> second form, and 王賜剣 just sounds cool)
- Those 3 kids are intended to be brother sisters or osananajimi, which is Aikei-san's idea. (Aikei Yukiko's one of the character designers)
- After the ship's head was cut, Neito pried the ship open from the inside out with her chains.
- The thing at Muneshige's leg is a heavy spell (重符) stocker, it holds the impurities from his injuries.
- Seijun's collar is white because her uniform is male based. (Neito's is red, you can see this from season 1)
- The collar can actually be changed pretty easily to closed, ceremonial, Western and many other styles.
- Also, the ship's at a vertical 90 degree, which brought up topics like 「this is would end up really annoying on a widescreen」 etc. during storyboard discussion.
- "I play tennis"'s meaning, to put it simply 「it's off by a syllable so it became "tennis"」. (Change te/テ to pe/ペ ... )
- You can tell Naruze's memo is from Far East just by looking at the string [that's used to hold the notebook close].
- After doing some investigation, Neshibara's crutch hasn't change shape since the beginning, very interesting discovery. (Yeah, what?)
- The tables in front of the [Henares] living room is because committee members and merchants would conduct their daily business there, then send in the documents to the living room for keeping.
- Phillip II's uniform's almost same as the admiral because they're from the same time period. (This is referring to the flash back dress, also admiral is the guy in season 1, episode 3, 09:10 mark)
BS11, Bandai Channel
- [In the OP] London Tower used to be a prison, so from that perspective it looked like the last boss's citadel.
- Random note, Spanish ships have a lot of mechanical frames, and due to how [we] designed them [we] can make their construction even more detailed.
- Macbeth's story originated from Viking era, which's more associated with leather armors, kinda surprising [for me] to associate it with a 「Knight and King Usurption」 image.
- About here, seriously, if Persona-kun's legs can break floors, then the theory that this is the real Persona-kun is true. (I feel like I'm missing some neta here, ignore this line for now)
- Johnson, during recording he asked if his voice's disgusting, people said, "Yeah, it's super, disgustingly awesome." The conversation was kinda weird.
- Here, you can feel that Shakespeare is super happy and it's somewhat scary.
- The music here's base on the image of 「Performance Technique」.
- Neshibara's monitor has wings like pattern next to it. Yup, they're entirely useless, just kinda cool.
- Here, the ship's circling around England; Ono wanted to show the entire 「map」 so 「everyone can see the entire shape of England」 and at least have an image of the area.
- Excalibur's formed with the shape of a lotus.
- Also, all ships on Musashi have waves "hanging" in front of the ship.
- The cables connecting the ships are used for transporting fuels and water etc, which is why they're hollow inside when cut
- Scarred is incumbent in office, so she's not holding staff or anything, instead her legs are chained. (If you don't follow spoilers, this will be self-apparent later on)
- Mob slap!
- Here Tenzou's eyes are ^^.
- Toori's God Mosaic skills are only activated when he's unawared, so when he's covering it with his hands you don't see the skill activated. If you watch frame by frame and go 「it's not here ...」 then you understand why.
- Hawkins is the most normal person here, but strangely his outward appearance is the weirdest. Can't judge a person just by looks! (Hawkins is the half naked swimmer looking guy)
- The pattern on Elizabeth['s clothes] are based on ivies and leaves.
- The Valdes siblings came from the city's direction, because this part is on top of a mountain.
- Henares's main school building, the top of the dome is the living room.
- If you look at Neito and Masazumi, only Neito's chest has shadows. (14:37)
- This is the back of Okutama, next part is the port's outside. The lower portion is the terrace.
- Because Musashi's too big, even though the lower part is the terrace, it's still way bigger than normal size ports.
- Normally, this harbour is where people come to talk, eat, read etc., Neshibara came here because 「here's fashionable and cool」 ...
- When you use a condensed sleeping spell, it's hard to wake up. Even though it's a bit careless, Gin was actually with Juana for the most part before this. The rooms outside also have standing security guards. (I was going to make a post for the technology stuff in another post but 4x means you sleep for 2 hours instead of 8, and 4x deeper sleeping so 4x harder to wake up)
- Even though Abraham had tougher trials, but [his] aren't so simple either. (Referring to the letter part, and I had to modify the translation a little bit ...)
- Gin's hand is not very Sunrise like compare to Phillip's. (Google サンライズパース to see what I mean)
- If Satoyasu didn't draw the obi [on Juana's clothes] during the character design, this would've opened all the way ... ...! (...)
- If I have to explain the choice of clothing for the ED, then I'll be spoiling you guys.
- Seijun is having trouble dancing is super cute in the ED. (Watch closely, she's the only one who sweatdropped)
Maa ... done for now ... I was going to do episode 1's but it's stupid long too ...
Anyway, the Q+A's up now if you guys haven't notice, one more thing to add for Neshibara's name. Notice the events happened 13 years ago, to the 13th secret academy and he is the 13th student, this is done in this way for max chuuni level, also 神原 ー＞ ネ申バラ ー＞ ネシンバラ, neshin (ネ申's kinda like internet slang for godly when we're too hipster to use 神, it's super chuuni)
Argh, a lot of lines sound funky, oh well.
Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-07-20 at 19:19.