AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-20, 02:55   Link #3121
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Oh right, sorry. It's not unbreakable, but the shield is a last stand kind of thing.

Fine, here's another excuse: He's such a blockhead that punches don't even hurt him.
I guess... but they used a REAL katana, a laser sniper, an impact cannon, and A FREAKIN' BATTERING RAM on his unprotected body... and I'm pretty sure Laura deploys her RAILGUN in some alter volumes...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 02:59   Link #3122
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Oh right, sorry. It's not unbreakable, but the shield is a last stand kind of thing.

Fine, here's another excuse: He's such a blockhead that punches don't even hurt him.
Have you Episode 8 or 9 the houki beat(When the whole yeah I will go out with you. To shop that is.) down that happend in LN too you know.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:00   Link #3123
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Have you Episode 9 the houki beat down that happend in LN too you know.
Wow, you actually memorized individual beatdowns? I just remind myself that they go at him with, highly expensive, military-grade lethal force and the intent to kill...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:04   Link #3124
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Wow, you actually memorized individual beatdowns? I just remind myself that they go at him with, highly expensive, military-grade lethal force and the intent to kill...
Yes I do.
there is also the Rin slap, Laura slap, and the Charl KO Kick too.
And the Tatenashi sparring match where he got owned.
Oh I forgot the Kanzashi slap.
Give time and I will remember all.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:14   Link #3125
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Yes I do.
there is also the Rin slap, Laura slap, and the Charl KO Kick too.
And the Tatenashi sparring match where he got owned.
Oh I forgot the Kanzashi slap.
Give time and I will remember all.
To be fair, Tatenashi's was a sparring match. Less of a beating and more of training/proving themselves.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:26   Link #3126
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
To be fair, Tatenashi's was a sparring match. Less of a beating and more of training/proving themselves.
Maybe so my friend but in the end he got KO and ended up in the infirmary .
If need medical attention or end up there then it was a beat down.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:26   Link #3127
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Maybe so my friend but in the end he got KO and ended up in the infirmary .
Russian Fitness Therapy?
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:28   Link #3128
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Russian Fitness Therapy?
If so then I never want to go there.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:31   Link #3129
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
If so then I never want to go there.
That's the funny thing: she's not Russian as far as I can see. I mean, look at her name, then look at her sister being a Candidate for Japan... how the hell does this system work?!?!?!?
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:34   Link #3130
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
That's the funny thing: she's not Russian as far as I can see. I mean, look at her name, then look at her sister being a Candidate for Japan... how the hell does this system work?!?!?!?
I think its like this they(other countries) observe and evaluate the students at the IS school looking for the most skill and most talented and as the students grades to pick their representative .
And because the students from the moment they enrolled in the school that they cut all ties with nationality.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:37   Link #3131
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
She's possibly half Russian. It's mentioned her name's written in a separate way for foreigners. Her skin's also on the noticably pale side, kinda like Cecilia's and Charlotte's.

Anyway, all harem protags take a beatdown. And he dodges all the lethal attacks.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:40   Link #3132
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I think its like this they(other countries) observe and evaluate the students at the IS school looking for the most skill and most talented and as the students grades to pick their representative .
So what do they need Representative Candidates (exclusive to each country) for? I mean, if you're going to pick someone else's candidate anyways...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:41   Link #3133
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
She's possibly half Russian. It's mentioned her name's written in a separate way for foreigners. Her skin's also on the noticably pale side, kinda like Cecilia's and Charlotte's.

Anyway, all harem protags take a beatdown. And he dodges all the lethal attacks.
Hmm Maybe I will check that out.

And yes thats true . All harem lead male are "protags take a beatdown" some more then others.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:44   Link #3134
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
She's possibly half Russian. It's mentioned her name's written in a separate way for foreigners. Her skin's also on the noticably pale side, kinda like Cecilia's and Charlotte's.
Meh, could be, haven't read 6(?) in a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Anyway, all harem protags take a beatdown. And he dodges all the lethal attacks.
But what if he doesn't dodge any one of those strikes? wouldn't that be an interesting little plot twist? It's like how no one expected Touma to die, but it happened twice and both time were INTENSE AS HELL. Or how no one guessed that Aincrad would last one volume long on their first read, so when they find out, MIND BLOWN. Breaking expectations with unexpected practicality is starting to become a trend...

ME GUSTA (God, I must be tired...)

Last edited by chad001; 2012-07-20 at 03:57.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:45   Link #3135
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Cadet's have the right to choose their nationalities. How could you forget? They mentioned it a grand total of.......once, in the middle of even more exposition.

@ Chad001 - Sounds like a Fanfic. Some made plans for that, and it ends with the girls going insane and murdering everyone ala school days.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:51   Link #3136
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
@ Eratas123 look on IS Wiki acording to it her (Tatenashi Sarashiki) her Nationality: Japanese.
So she is full Japanese I guess.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:52   Link #3137
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
That's the funny thing: she's not Russian as far as I can see. I mean, look at her name, then look at her sister being a Candidate for Japan... how the hell does this system work?!?!?!?
Think of it like soccer system. You want the person representing your country to be a locale, but sometimes, some people are just too talented to not entice them to represent your country. Tatenashi ane is one such person piloting skill wise.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:56   Link #3138
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ Is it like the soccer system or is it more like the olympic system?
But them again I have heard of players going to other countries to play for their teams.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:56   Link #3139
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I really wouldn't trust the wiki fully. Besides that, her features really don't mark her for a Japanese. Ichika, Houki, and Rin, who are of Asian descent, show slightly tan skin. Tatenashi and Kanzashi have a skin and hair tone more akin to Charlotte and Cecilia.

Either way, maybe it's just author appeal.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:59   Link #3140
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I really wouldn't trust the wiki fully. Besides that, her features really don't mark her for a Japanese. Ichika, Houki, and Rin, who are of Asian descent, show slightly tan skin. Tatenashi and Kanzashi have a skin and hair tone more akin to Charlotte and Cecilia.

Either way, maybe it's just author appeal.
Trudat. Either way, it achieves the goal of making Ichika's harem even more politically diverse, and expanding the scale of consequences, should he ever make a choice, EVEN MORE disastrous...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, seinen, shounen, yuuki homura

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.