AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-27, 09:36   Link #1601
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
I don't know if I'm late to the party or not, but I've just finished the Haganai Drama CD and I got to say... BEST AUDIO DRAMA EVER !

If you haven't listened to it yet do it now! There's an English sub out there on youtube already, if you actually need a reason to do so I've got three words- Eroge Voice Acting.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 10:33   Link #1602
Raviel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Watching that drama CD was a freaking laugh trip, it totally made my day XD

I wish they'ed animate it, also I loved some of the character/seiyuu jokes for Maria and Kobato. The Yozora = Claire scene had to be one of the funniest things I've seen in anime for a while which is a refreshing change of scenery considering I just finished watching Fate/Zero a few days ago
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 13:11   Link #1603
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 38
That drama CD was utterly hilarious. They were right to suspect Rika of something, yet they followed along nonetheless.

Kodaka, you (un)lucky fellow.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 13:38   Link #1604
mironicus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Are there any hints that a second season of the anime will start in the near future? There is an OVA coming and the release date at the end of September somehow gives me hopes that a second season could follow in Fall 2012 (October). The BD sales are very good and even series with much lower sales already have second seasons airing now.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 14:45   Link #1605
l.kostas
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Sometimes, when the BDs of an anime get released, they add an extra episode at the last disc. That's what the OVA is about. It doesn't mean they are preparing a second season. If they make one now what would be the ending?
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 15:59   Link #1606
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
The festival school could be a good closure for the anime, of course they'll have to skip some stories like they did for first season.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 23:24   Link #1607
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
OVA PV:

__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 09:09   Link #1608
mironicus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Looking at the OVA preview I just wondered again how differently the authors are working out the LN, Manga and Anime. In the original manga everything appeals to be funny thanks to the exaggerated comical expressions, even those abusing scenes from Yozora on the beach in chapter 25. I wonder how Itachi will things work out if the story gets more serious and everything starts to backfire on Yozora.

In the Anime all those sarcastic and insulting comments from Kodaka as narrator were left out, and also some more evil traits from the characters. Everything was toned down - on the other hand this makes Yozora's anti-social behaviour stand out even more.

Looking at the scene 00:32 - Yozora threats Sena. The sound of the flyswatter is enough for Sena to close her eyes and to tremble like a kid that is about to be punished. This is a good example how Yozora tries to control everyone just with fear.

This is something where some animated pictures describe things better then just pure text.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 21:38   Link #1609
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
I think it's just Sena being oversensitive. I mean really, trembling because of a flyswatter? Just what kind of anti-social girl was Sena in the first place?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 22:40   Link #1610
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Edited for correctness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Looking at the scene 00:32 - Yozora treats Sena. The sound of the flyswatter is enough for Sena to close her eyes and to tremble like a kid that is about to open a surprise present. This is a good example how Yozora tries to satisfy Sena's more base needs.

This is something where some animated pictures describe things better then just pure text.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 22:52   Link #1611
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Edited for correctness.
Both of your (mis-)interpretations of the story disturb me greatly.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 01:35   Link #1612
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Both of your (mis-)interpretations of the story disturb me greatly.
Does that include me?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 02:52   Link #1613
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I think it's just Sena being oversensitive. I mean really, trembling because of a flyswatter? Just what kind of anti-social girl was Sena in the first place?
I you watch the series think about all the beat downs with that flyswatter she has gotten. I think its Episode 6 . If I that happen to me I would be scared.

Ps I am inclined to believe what you say @mironicus
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 02:54   Link #1614
mironicus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Sena is used to be smitten by Yozora with her flyswatter randomly and unexpected. Of course she fears that. She reacts just like a child that expects to be punished. She became over-sensitive because of fear. This is the way Yozora controls the others and why no one ever - even Kodaka has started to rebel against her because of the fear in getting into trouble with her.

Kodaka tries to get along with anyone, so he does not interfere even though it may be hard to endure sometimes.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-20 at 08:37.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:21   Link #1615
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
How can she be trembling in fear when 9 times out of 10 she's off in lala land drooling over Kobato when getting smacked...?

Not sure what your reading with all the Yozora controlling everyone in fear like some war mongering tyrant out for blood when someone steps over the line, but I'm reading a comedy where Sena or Rika gets smacked for crossing normalcy right into the realm of perverts. Also last time I looked Kodaka wasn't too upset for said smacking because usually the one being targeted by it is Kobato...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 08:37   Link #1616
mironicus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
You just pointed it out. In most cases the use of the flyswatter is just for comedy and to stop some perverted attacks. It's a supporting tool for her. She also used the flyswatter to stop Kodaka and Sena from kissing during the King Game. Mostly she tries to control/suppress others with her insults (Sena), manipulations (Kodaka, Sena, Maria, Yukimura) and physical attacks (Maria, Kodaka, Sena).

[mod edit: removed spoilers for unanimated content]

You can't really ignore the fact that there is fear in the air if Yozora switches to her evil mode (sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's disturbing). And for example while Kodaka was able to protect Sena from three guys because he was just used to protect himself from delinquents the whole time - handling Yozora is much more difficult. You never know what she does next.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-20 at 23:21. Reason: no spoilers in anime threads
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 12:51   Link #1617
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Again, I say you're overthinking the issue.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 12:53   Link #1618
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Again, I say you're overthinking the issue.
If so how about making an experiment, use a real flyswater on someone weaker than you on a daily basis, after a week report here your findings.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 12:55   Link #1619
Aeshma
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus
You can't really ignore the fact that there is fear in the air if Yozora switches to her evil mode (sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's disturbing).
No, there is not. Nobody is afraid of Yozora. YouŽd think the atmosphere of the room would be vastly different if the other characters actually were.

I donŽt know where are you getting all this.
Aeshma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:51   Link #1620
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
When a gag is overused it gets boring, annoying or disturbing anything but funny.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.