AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-20, 17:51   Link #81
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
If they do, it will be off screen. How many of you want to see scenes how they wash&trim hair in the hospital?
Well...

>_>;;

<_<;;

...it depends on who's being "washed", like Asun*Shot*
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 23:29   Link #82
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I doubt that's very high on their list of concerns.
Bad hygiene there would develop into a serious health risk.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 02:06   Link #83
Alucard24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Another issue would be if they were already sick before and have to take medicine on a regular basis ....
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 07:26   Link #84
Deltaray
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Another issue would be if they were already sick before and have to take medicine on a regular basis ....
Thats not even problem..... it's fairly easy to give medication to comatose patients.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 09:18   Link #85
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I have to say, this is an anime about surviving in a death game, not an educational anime about treating comatose patients
Unless their conditions in the real world affect their avatars in the virtual world, we won't see the hospitals any time soon.
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 13:10   Link #86
Alucard24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Awrya : if there real body should suffer for any reason, off course the avatar would have problem too, that's why we're discussing that ;-)
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 13:14   Link #87
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Awrya : if there real body should suffer for any reason, off course the avatar would have problem too, that's why we're discussing that ;-)
go back to the first ep in explaining how the game got its data on the players. The players input the data in the game. The players are only wearing a helmet which connect them to the game. How the real life body is deteriorating have no bearing on the game itself unless the body dies.
__________________

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-07-21 at 13:37.
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 13:32   Link #88
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
If the real body dies this means the the player will go afk in the game and then dissapear as if dying.
__________________
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 14:06   Link #89
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Awrya : if there real body should suffer for any reason, off course the avatar would have problem too, that's why we're discussing that ;-)
That's why smelly hair won't do a thing to avatars, the nurses might dislike it though
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 03:11   Link #90
Alucard24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I wasn't referring to smelly hairs xD More like life threatening situations like hearth attack or something like that.
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 04:40   Link #91
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
SAO episode 4 preview:
http://www.swordart-online.net/story/index04.html

I find it hard to get excited for new characters after Sachi. This character is on the front page of the website, so she won't die, right? ;_;

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2012-07-25 at 04:53.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 06:12   Link #92
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
SAO episode 4 preview:
http://www.swordart-online.net/story/index04.html

I find it hard to get excited for new characters after Sachi. This character is on the front page of the website, so she won't die, right? ;_;
I think the first episode made clear that anyone can die. Remember when Kirito imagined himself die against a boar on floor one?
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 06:33   Link #93
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 27
Well, so far we haven't seen anyone die who wasn't introduced in the same episode, so it's not quite anyone.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 07:36   Link #94
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Here's the preview on youtube.

__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 15:59   Link #95
Esebian
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
go back to the first ep in explaining how the game got its data on the players. The players input the data in the game. The players are only wearing a helmet which connect them to the game. How the real life body is deteriorating have no bearing on the game itself unless the body dies.
I'm not so sure about this, I mean, what if a disease would affect your brain aswell? I mean the players are connected to the game by a helmet that actually read your brainwaves and interferes them; wouldn't then the other way round also possible? So that your brainwaves are intefered by some sort of disease like fever, headaches or even something terrifying like a meningitis would result in the same disease ingame... I'm not totally sure about this, but I think it makes (at least some) sort of sense.
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 17:34   Link #96
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
I'm not so sure about this, I mean, what if a disease would affect your brain aswell? I mean the players are connected to the game by a helmet that actually read your brainwaves and interferes them; wouldn't then the other way round also possible? So that your brainwaves are intefered by some sort of disease like fever, headaches or even something terrifying like a meningitis would result in the same disease ingame... I'm not totally sure about this, but I think it makes (at least some) sort of sense.
They are under observation 24/7 in the hospital, if they catch meningitis or any serious disease in a hospital, as a guardian I'd change hospitals fast

Once again, while catching a disease is possible, ultimately this is a story about fighting and surviving in a virtual death game; hence thinking logically, there shouldn't be many (if any) incidents when the real body will hinder the virtual avatar.
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 05:19   Link #97
Esebian
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
They are under observation 24/7 in the hospital, if they catch meningitis or any serious disease in a hospital, as a guardian I'd change hospitals fast

Once again, while catching a disease is possible, ultimately this is a story about fighting and surviving in a virtual death game; hence thinking logically, there shouldn't be many (if any) incidents when the real body will hinder the virtual avatar.
Ye, I know what u mean XD but seriously it happens all the time that ppl in hospital catch serious infections or diseases. It's simply impossible to make a room 100 percent clean

But I also think that it would be rather nonesense to include things like RL diseases as this would just drag the story on without adding anything to the plot
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 07:41   Link #98
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
You know, after watching the preview for the 4th episode again, i just realize the "couple" from the 1st episode is back!
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 10:39   Link #99
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
What is more surprising, that they couple is still 'together' or that they still have beginner equipment?
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 13:08   Link #100
Alucard24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
the players are connected to the game by a helmet that actually read your brainwaves and interferes them; wouldn't then the other way round also possible?
btw, would it be possible to alter ate the brainwaves to stop the helmet reading them and disconnect ?
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.