AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-19, 18:46   Link #2041
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
Havent read it, do you mind spoil something !!?

... What happened to Restia, wheres Kamito ... I cant calm myself if it relate to restia @@
Volume 8 isn't out. I was hopiing someone would know when it will be out.

I'm just rooting for Restia because she is such a tragic heroine.
__________________
I hope this meets the requirements...

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 19:12   Link #2042
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Volume 8 is coming out on 24th of August.
http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/schedule/index

So we will be waiting for your review on it Sylphic.
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 17:07   Link #2043
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Thanks for the info Nom@n, so far it is going quite good. The first couple of volumes is on the girl's development. 1 = Claire, 2 = Fianna, 3 = Ellis, 4 = Rinslet (Base on the Title), 5 = Est, and I think 6 is Restia. Really happy that this thread isn't all about bashing Claire anymore, now it is a real discussion now.
ReaperxKingx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 00:24   Link #2044
Ddraig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Just start reading this and I must say how can i just miss this good LN. So far i'm cheering for Est cuz I happen to like naked girl in black knee sock >_>
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 01:07   Link #2045
Ghanw
(-_-)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere
I just finished the last entry of what KuroiHikari has put on B-T I was wondering who is going to take lead in translating after KuroiHikari is done with V3, who stated he/she is going to be less active after. I am asking cause i am interested in the story but cant pass anymore than V3 1/3. Could some please do the honor of translating this after KuroiHikari is done with V3. Thank you. Sorry if it is offensive or anything.

Last edited by Ghanw; 2012-07-21 at 01:09. Reason: Incomplete
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 01:20   Link #2046
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Viet Nam
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to BTDK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
Just start reading this and I must say how can i just miss this good LN. So far i'm cheering for Est cuz I happen to like naked girl in black knee sock >_>
May I thought that you like loli ?

When I first saw this LN, I didn't think it was good and closed tab. Now it just realize I'm all wrong.

@Sylphic: Sr, I misunderstood. So we'll wait for your impression.
__________________

Last edited by BTDK; 2012-07-21 at 03:33.
BTDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 21:55   Link #2047
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
I just finished the last entry of what KuroiHikari has put on B-T I was wondering who is going to take lead in translating after KuroiHikari is done with V3, who stated he/she is going to be less active after. I am asking cause i am interested in the story but cant pass anymore than V3 1/3. Could some please do the honor of translating this after KuroiHikari is done with V3. Thank you. Sorry if it is offensive or anything.
KH will go back inactive? In that case, it'd be either Tom (nikuniku), either BD or someone new. Though I haven't seen both Tom or BD these times.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 23:21   Link #2048
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
We def need new translators as well
Don't get me wrong, I'm not unappreciative of all the hard work done by them all (and I mean all) because its due to them that I was introduced to such great pieces of work as TAMnI, SAO, MnKR and so on and I know its time consuming as well
But it would be nice if ppl could help with projects and the readers would be kind and patient enough to not bug them every single day
__________________
Richocet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 04:13   Link #2049
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
We def need new translators as well
Don't get me wrong, I'm not unappreciative of all the hard work done by them all (and I mean all) because its due to them that I was introduced to such great pieces of work as TAMnI, SAO, MnKR and so on and I know its time consuming as well
But it would be nice if ppl could help with projects and the readers would be kind and patient enough to not bug them every single day
or transfer some cash to their account...you know...every time the need comes, bribe always work
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 04:47   Link #2050
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ While some would like that, I remember someone said we should pay them and someone said that "offering a translator money is insulting them".
Its like @Richocet said be patient and dont bother them them every single day.
We should be grateful for all they do. And for all the time they take out of there live's to do what they do for us fan's of LN's.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 04:49   Link #2051
ImperialFlameGod8190
The Supreme General
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
seems like its not just n0m who deals with impatient people huh sky
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 04:52   Link #2052
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
seems like its not just n0m who deals with impatient people huh sky
Indeed. This as I can see is common for translater's of LN's. Makes me mad and sad they have to go through it. I t also makes even more grateful for all they do.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 05:10   Link #2053
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ While some would like that, I remember someone said we should pay them and someone said that "offering a translator money is insulting them".
Its like @Richocet said be patient and dont bother them them every single day.
We should be grateful for all they do. And for all the time they take out of there live's to do what they do for us fan's of LN's.
I think was zzh to say this and honestly i agree with him on this point.
And I agree with you ,with what you say.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 06:11   Link #2054
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I think was zzh to say this and honestly i agree with him on this point.
And I agree with you ,with what you say.
so you agreed that offering money to translator is an insult?

hmm....its weird, not fit to logic

Gratitude always come in the form of most useful and handy things, and in current world, money.
In my history, only 1st till 3rd Generation of Sand People*, truly hate it, they even said: "we don't sell our kindness" or "we just want our god's fondness to us"

others?, they'll kill and maim just for it

*= Sand People refer to Mohammed the Prophet followers, the Legion of Lions
we call them like that for their Battle Prowess
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 06:22   Link #2055
TJP1600
寄生桃
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: 桃树
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ While some would like that, I remember someone said we should pay them and someone said that "offering a translator money is insulting them".
Its like @Richocet said be patient and dont bother them them every single day.
We should be grateful for all they do. And for all the time they take out of there live's to do what they do for us fan's of LN's.
I wouldn't say it is an insult, some people are not fast like other translators and have to take a good portion of their day/week to make the quality of their work high enough to put it on BT. I talked to a few of my friend and randomly asked for the amount of money they get in their part time job, would they translate instead of working at their current job(they do know chinese/japanese)? The 4 all gave a resounding yes if such a job existed(although I didn't tell them it was LNs). All in all I just think most people simply don't have the luxury to dedicate their life to translating when there are so many other priorities out there. Therefore making this into a job with money involved doesn't seem too unreasonable although it wouldn't be a "bribe" as someone previously mentioned but more of a "life sustaining money". However I do think seeing it more as a volunteer work is still the better way

Last edited by TJP1600; 2012-07-22 at 06:32.
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 06:25   Link #2056
ImperialFlameGod8190
The Supreme General
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
well then my comrades who enjoy LN's may i suggest a social group be created for Translators appreciation where those who support the translators gather similar to what we created in the Dxd Social group but for all LN translators to see they are supported and if such a group is created please send a link to me so i can join
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 07:25   Link #2057
kfcpanda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Honestly, I think that'd be fine--I've actually thought of doing that myself.
It'd be just paying for translations/paying for a service which would be perfectly fine (assuming forum rules allowed)
It'd make it similar to a job which is all nice and dandy, so that they wouldn't feel as if time were wasted/they could have been making money using the same time
What's wrong is people just pestering the translators; you have a right to offer them an incentive but you can't just very well go shoving it down their throats.

Now back on topic--so volume 7 didn't capture anything new/it was purely a trip down memory lane? Or did something in the current happen?
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 07:48   Link #2058
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
so you agreed that offering money to translator is an insult?

hmm....its weird, not fit to logic

Gratitude always come in the form of most useful and handy things, and in current world, money.
In my history, only 1st till 3rd Generation of Sand People*, truly hate it, they even said: "we don't sell our kindness" or "we just want our god's fondness to us"

others?, they'll kill and maim just for it

*= Sand People refer to Mohammed the Prophet followers, the Legion of Lions
we call them like that for their Battle Prowess
Wait...I not mean like that.It's the fact that some people want give them money to make them traslate fast that seem an insult toward them(from my POV). It's not bad want to help them to buy the vol(just to make a example) or being grateful to them. I mean they traslate when they have time and in their free time.They do this because they like/love the thing that they traslate.Hell if you read in the High School DXD social group you will find a talk about this. that some people not have respect and just ask without thinking .
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 07:53   Link #2059
ImperialFlameGod8190
The Supreme General
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
Honestly, I think that'd be fine--I've actually thought of doing that myself.
It'd be just paying for translations/paying for a service which would be perfectly fine (assuming forum rules allowed)
It'd make it similar to a job which is all nice and dandy, so that they wouldn't feel as if time were wasted/they could have been making money using the same time
What's wrong is people just pestering the translators; you have a right to offer them an incentive but you can't just very well go shoving it down their throats.

Now back on topic--so volume 7 didn't capture anything new/it was purely a trip down memory lane? Or did something in the current happen?
to explain what i meant its actually more like this group of people patrol the forums and if somebody appears to be complaining we report them for it so those who complain are weeded away Soji knows what im talking about more
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 08:32   Link #2060
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
to explain what i meant its actually more like this group of people patrol the forums and if somebody appears to be complaining we report them for it so those who complain are weeded away Soji knows what im talking about more
It is a growing problem indeed. Me, Soji, and a bunch of more people encounter the same problem in the High School DXD thread. Due to some idiots (I rarely call people idiots, they made an exception) it was shut down. I don't want to see it happening here.
ReaperxKingx is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.