AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-23, 01:12   Link #441
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Iori presenting herself and Himeko: Which would you prefer to see naked?

Taichi: Both?

Either he is indecisive or he wants a harem end.
Both huh...why not? Double the pleasure, plus they're both cute so no complaints there.
__________________
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 01:15   Link #442
zeth006
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You might be forget that he's representing all the boys from the school at the time (as the girls appointed him). So, of course all the boys will choose both given the offer . Taichi's just being logical .


Yeah, rewatched that scene for lulz. This was before they started developing Inaba's crush on Taichi. Not much you can take from it.

Spoiler for Spoiler:


Video of the Confessions:

Last edited by zeth006; 2012-07-23 at 03:57.
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 03:29   Link #443
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
You know...I just realized, when taichi-yui go out to meet yui-taichi he change cloth right?....that mean he has seen yui body already...near naked since she was about to sleep at the time and many women that I know when about to sleep dont wear underwear (bra). I wonder if yui realize the fact and just let it go...or just oblivious about it
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 04:56   Link #444
s07195
Distracted
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's basically what I meant by Taichi being insane.

I don't think that his selflessness, per se, is a problem. I mean, it's not a problem that he wants to play "white knight", and is willing to make some sacrifices for others.

But I don't know if he cares enough about just his basic well-being.

The fact that he's a serious pro wrestling fan adds an interesting wrinkle here. A lot of pro wrestlers absolutely destroy their bodies in attempts to be as entertaining as possible for the fans (Mick Foley is a particularly notable example of this).

Imagine a scenario where Taichi really puts his body on the line to save another person, and while he's doing so... body-switch. It could be very interesting, and have quite a dramatic fallout.


Also, I like Sackett's idea about a potential Inaba/Taichi/Iori love triangle. The hints are there. You could even interpret Inaba's actions as her ironically being selfless - Her pushing Taichi towards Iori as Inaba doesn't want to cause any pain for her friend Iori.
I wonder...
__________________

s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 05:11   Link #445
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
^

Yeah you don't say... I'm suddenly reminded of the ending to the promo video released before the season started.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 05:23   Link #446
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
so she almost got raped, one of them passes out for no reason now iori is gonna tell him about her past...what the hell is with these girls they all have something drastic happen to them but it looks like the guys are immune in this anime.
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 05:44   Link #447
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Iori presenting herself and Himeko: Which would you prefer to see naked?

Taichi: Both?

Either he is indecisive or he wants a harem end.
Well, his answer is the most logical being a selfless freak. In that way he didn't hurt neither Inaba nor Iori. A big hint on the kind of problems Taichi will face in the future, as Sackett as explained.

Anyways, if anything for me Taichi's interest toward Inaba was more implied than vice versa.

I hope that the next episode will show us more about Iori, she is the only one we don't know about.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 06:27   Link #448
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You might be forget that he's representing all the boys from the school at the time (as the girls appointed him). So, of course all the boys will choose both given the offer . Taichi's just being logical .
Or making a very clever dodge.
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 07:38   Link #449
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's basically what I meant by Taichi being insane.

I don't think that his selflessness, per se, is a problem. I mean, it's not a problem that he wants to play "white knight", and is willing to make some sacrifices for others.

But I don't know if he cares enough about just his basic well-being.

The fact that he's a serious pro wrestling fan adds an interesting wrinkle here. A lot of pro wrestlers absolutely destroy their bodies in attempts to be as entertaining as possible for the fans (Mick Foley is a particularly notable example of this).

Imagine a scenario where Taichi really puts his body on the line to save another person, and while he's doing so... body-switch. It could be very interesting, and have quite a dramatic fallout.


Also, I like Sackett's idea about a potential Inaba/Taichi/Iori love triangle. The hints are there. You could even interpret Inaba's actions as her ironically being selfless - Her pushing Taichi towards Iori as Inaba doesn't want to cause any pain for her friend Iori.
It is already pointed out that the reason he loves pro-wrestling is not because of the flashy moves or death defying stunts. He loves it for the "Jobbers" the one to take the hit and endure it until the end of the performance.

He wants to be someone to take the issue to himself and resolve it the very best of his abilities.

The Iori - Taichi - Inaba love triangle is the big issue for Taichi. For he can't leave anyone in need even if so the cause is he himself.

I hope we get a backstory for Taichi as why he became like that.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 07:49   Link #450
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I just really love the style of the preview for the next episode... Where the music stop at the last sentence. Like from a mystery show
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 08:08   Link #451
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
It is already pointed out that the reason he loves pro-wrestling is not because of the flashy moves or death defying stunts. He loves it for the "Jobbers" the one to take the hit and endure it until the end of the performance.
You're raising a false dichotomy here. It's possible to love jobbers and flashy moves/death-defying stunts.

Also, a guy who essentially kicks himself really hard in the crotch (without even the slightest second thought or hesitation) has a mentality very much like a pro wrestler willing to engage in dangerous stunts.

I'm sorry, but what Taichi did there is not even remotely normal. I doubt most guys would even think of doing what he did for Yui.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 08:12   Link #452
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
If it meant curing a close friend of a very distressing illness then I'd probably kick myself in the nuts too (And there is perhaps a bit of urgency to curing her illness given what they're all currently going through). I just wouldn't do it as hard as he did but considering the consequence was the same as what I'd be willing to tolerate (A few minutes of pain as opposed to long term injury), I'm guessing they exaggerated the strength of his kick. I specifically heard a crunching noise...
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 08:13   Link #453
JokerD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Seems like it's the girls going through the emotional drama for now, with Inaba and Iori next week.

Yes, that crouch hit looks painful, I don't think I'll even consider that to help a friend...

Then again maybe his just a masochist...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 08:18   Link #454
TheEroKing
On a Break
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm guessing they exaggerated the strength of his kick. I specifically heard a crunching noise...
indeed. for the lolz, there's no bone down there
__________________
TheEroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 08:23   Link #455
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Man. All of you are bringing nasty images into my head. Crunching noise? No bone? Argh... I'm bending over with two hands as crotchguards because of that!

__________________
Pocari_Sweat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 08:29   Link #456
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
If hit hard enough...I suppose you could also damage your pelvic bone
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 08:36   Link #457
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If it meant curing a close friend of a very distressing illness then I'd probably kick myself in the nuts too
It was way over-the-top and unnecessary. Just tell her to remember that guys have a weakness that girls don't have, and that this gives her an edge on them if she ever feels threatened by them. You don't need an actual object lesson in severe pain. Let's be honest, here - At least part of the likely creative thinking behind this crotch-kicking scene was Okada-style "for the lolz".

I still get that Taichi did it for well-intentioned reasons, but that doesn't make it any less extreme, imo.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 08:38   Link #458
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I think the point was that she needed to experience it for herself so she understood fully that men are nothing to be afraid of and can feel intense pain surprisingly easily.

I find it really hard to believe that she actually needed to be taught we have a penis. I'm sure she knew already.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 08:39   Link #459
frivolity
My posts are frivolous
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
If hit hard enough...I suppose you could also damage your pelvic bone
Or you could even die
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 08:44   Link #460
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think the point was that she needed to experience it for herself so she understood fully that men are nothing to be afraid of and can feel intense pain surprisingly easily.
Then what would she have done in the real world? Never, ever get over it since she obviously would never get to experience this pain for herself?

There's obviously other, less extreme ways to help girls/women get over fears of men like this, or they'd never get over it in the real world.

What Taichi did was helpful to Yui, he gets full credit for that, but it was also extreme, and it reflects an alarming lack of concern for his own basic well-being, imo.


Quote:
I find it really hard to believe that she actually needed to be taught we have a penis. I'm sure she knew already.
A simple reminder can't hurt.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.