AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-22, 11:47   Link #1441
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 24
Man, I give Howard credit for one thing, when he said that if he didn't go to Brooklyn that he would refuse to sign an extension with any other suitors and explore free agency next offseason, he meant it.

So far, at least.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 15:18   Link #1442
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
This gotta be the biggest thing since Lebron. And biggest ain't meant in a good way.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 03:00   Link #1443
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Howard suddenly becomes a risky venture. Is he really worth taking a 1 year gamble to convince him to stay if he seems likely to jump ship?
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 06:24   Link #1444
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Howard suddenly becomes a risky venture. Is he really worth taking a 1 year gamble to convince him to stay if he seems likely to jump ship?
Depends if
1. There's some chance for him to stay
2. He won't be some negative influence
3. He will fit well in some short-term needs
4. There's place on the salary cap.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 07:15   Link #1445
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
The thing is he said he will not signed a extension, but that shouldn't worry the Lakers. It is common sense why he doesn't want to sign a extension. He will get more money resigning if he goes to the Lakers. At best an extension will only give him 50-60 million for 3 years extension. While if he resign with the Lakers he will get a Bird Right contract with over 100 million for 5 years. If he told the Lakers he may resign with them, the deal will be done.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 10:18   Link #1446
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
^The question is whether the Nets are interested in making some space for Howard. If they are, Howard might sign there for one year for bit less money, then resign a long term to end his career there. Might work or not, and Lakers end up as Option B.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 10:59   Link #1447
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
^The question is whether the Nets are interested in making some space for Howard. If they are, Howard might sign there for one year for bit less money, then resign a long term to end his career there. Might work or not, and Lakers end up as Option B.
The Nets are over the cap salary so much now. At best I say Howard will get signed to a 7 to 12 million dollar contract. He will not take that. The Magic organization is trying to get the best out of Howard and to solve all their problems in one trade. Problem 1: is Howard of course, he pretty much destroyed and offended the Magic organization, the city, and its people. So he got to go immediately he is not going stay there, it already confirm they will deal him before early August. Problem 2: Get cap salary relief by getting rid of bad contracts. Which are of course Dwight Howard's 19.5 million dollar contract, Hedo Turkoglu's 11.9 million dollar contract, Glen Davis's 6.4 million dollar contract, and Jason Richardson's 5.8 million dollar contract. Problem 3: Rebuild the organization, most likely with draft picks. Both Houston and Cleveland have many draft picks to give them if they are in the deal. Only a 3 team trade or a 4 team trade can make problem 1, 2, and 3 all solved. Most likely 3 team trade. Lakers would love to get their hands on Howard because he is much more consistent. Cleveland are looking for a new star to build around, while they do have the reigning Rookie of the Year, Bynum is their prime target behind Howard. Lakers and Cleveland are expected to take two bad contracts each while Cleveland gives Orlando a lot of draft picks. The same can be said if Houston was part of the deal, but they wanted to try it out on their own.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-07-23 at 11:13.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 15:04   Link #1448
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
I haven't really been keeping tabs on this whole ordeal, surprising I guess since my Cavs play a possible part in all of this.

All I can say is this sure has become a convoluted mess now hasn't it?
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 15:34   Link #1449
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
But is Houston really going for overpaid players or Howard? Because IMO, Houston is pretty much reconstructing right now, and there's nothing good with taking people that may be bad influences on the young players.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 21:38   Link #1450
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 24
Look like the Howard saga is finally over.

Quote:
The Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will acquire Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will receive Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the other three teams.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...-deal-complete
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 21:52   Link #1451
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Look like the Howard saga is finally over.



http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...-deal-complete
Wow thanks for the update, but unless it is confirm I am not going to believe it. I am a Lakers fan, if this trade does come true I will be a very happy Lakers Fan.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 05:15   Link #1452
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Saint Agnes and the Burning Train
Age: 23
I guess Laker fans are still holding their breaths over this in case of basketball reasons (though the teams aren't owned by the league like the last time), but David Aldridge has something to say about this, and note that the message was sent an hour ago.

I have to say though, looking at the Nets final offer compared to this trade, Orlando really looked the big loser here. Everyone else in the trade got an All-star or more caliber player in the exchange, not Orlando. They're practically the laughing stock amongst GMs. In fact, there had been vandalismon Rob Hennigan's wikipedia profile for the past few hours....
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 11:30   Link #1453
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I guess Laker fans are still holding their breaths over this in case of basketball reasons (though the teams aren't owned by the league like the last time), but David Aldridge has something to say about this, and note that the message was sent an hour ago.

I have to say though, looking at the Nets final offer compared to this trade, Orlando really looked the big loser here. Everyone else in the trade got an All-star or more caliber player in the exchange, not Orlando. They're practically the laughing stock amongst GMs. In fact, there had been vandalismon Rob Hennigan's wikipedia profile for the past few hours....
Its been confirmed, if it isn't on NBA.com then you'll have to have doubts. I just check and the trade is official. The Lakers got Howard and kept Gasol. I love it, this brings in a new discussion. If you were an opposing team who would you double team on the Lakers? Should it be the power forward named Pau Gasol who has been said to be in the top 5 at his position and said to be the most skilled Power Forward, Dwight Howard who is known to be an unstoppable force and the best center in the NBA, Steve Nash who have been known to make everyone better and is at the top 5 at the Point Guard Position, or Kobe Bryant who is clutch and can score at anytime and still regarded as the best shooting guard in the NBA and one of the top 5 players in NBA history. You are picking your poison essentially.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 19:06   Link #1454
Kmos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NY
This league is turning into crap again for me. Knicks blow money on collecting ex-Nuggets and 'geezers.' Brooklyn Nets, bleh. Teams pursuing championship rings have 3-4 current all stars and still have good-great bench. Knicks and Nets will likely make playoffs cause there're so many seemingly crappy teams. All will fold to the 4 star-padded teams though, it would be nice if they failed and I am wrong but the coming season looks predictable. (Knicks really only have Melo and Chandler, Stoudemire and Kidd haven't been performing great for some time)

I just tuned into NBA again after long years of pretty much ignoring it. Being a follower of Knicks basketball, I only started reading about them, not watching, after the Carmelo trade. With the Linsanity thing I started watching the Knicks and cautiously hoping it's going somewhere. Now it's probably back to forgetting about the NBA. I probably won't live to see a Knicks championship and the only thing they're champs of is in money spent and nothing to show.

I'm not a Lin fan, not a Melo fan, not a real Knicks fan for over 10yrs or so. I'd return to being one when the disappoinments are fewer, just a fan of the sport as always. Dolan's probably to blame so I'm going to hop on that bandwagon.
Should've kept Lin, which is a no on Felton. Lose JR Smith, Stoudemire honestly. Liked what happened to Landry, Novak, Camby, Brewer. Prigioni probably good. Unsure of Kidd, Thomas.
I believe Knicks have bad trainers or something to let go of young, developing players for years to collect old, banged up players who don't perform half as well as they're paid. Lots of teams do it, but Knicks like to overpay them.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 16:09   Link #1455
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
I think the off season is going to be quiet from here on in. There are still few free agents that are valuable can give some excite when they sign, but unlikely anything like a trade is coming any time soon. The biggest news in this off season is that Dwight Howard finally gets traded in a 4 way deal. Dwight Howard goes to the Lakers which I as a Lakers fan am excited for plus with the additions of two players of Chris Duhon and Earl Clark from Orlando. Orlando Magics got Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington from Denver, Moe Harkless and Nikola Vucevic from Philadelphia, Josh McRoberts and Christian Eyenga from Los Angeles, and 2013 second round pick from Philadelphia, 2014 first round draft pick from either Denver or Philadelphia, and 2015 second round pick and 2017 first round pick from the Lakers. Philadelphia got Andrew Bynum from the Lakers and Jason Richardson from the Magics. Denver receives Andre Iguodala. That is a huge trade.

What grade should be given to each of these 4 teams?

My grade is Lakers = A+, Philadelphia = A, Denver = A, and Magics = B.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-08-11 at 16:26.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 00:01   Link #1456
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Saint Agnes and the Burning Train
Age: 23
To be honest, the magic themselves were forced into a tight spot because of all the bad decisions they made in the past. After that trip to the 2009 finals, they practically got worse out of a sudden. Their risks just weren't falling. I'll actually give them a C for them because most of the picks they got are going to be lottery protected, and when you have the Lakers, Nuggets and 76ers all fighting for playoff or championships, there isn't much chance of you getting lottery picks. Maybe they might get solid pickups in the draft, but the chances of them doing so is worse than the Patriots picking up Tom Brady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmos View Post
This league is turning into crap again for me. Knicks blow money on collecting ex-Nuggets and 'geezers.' Brooklyn Nets, bleh. Teams pursuing championship rings have 3-4 current all stars and still have good-great bench. Knicks and Nets will likely make playoffs cause there're so many seemingly crappy teams. All will fold to the 4 star-padded teams though, it would be nice if they failed and I am wrong but the coming season looks predictable. (Knicks really only have Melo and Chandler, Stoudemire and Kidd haven't been performing great for some time)

I just tuned into NBA again after long years of pretty much ignoring it. Being a follower of Knicks basketball, I only started reading about them, not watching, after the Carmelo trade. With the Linsanity thing I started watching the Knicks and cautiously hoping it's going somewhere. Now it's probably back to forgetting about the NBA. I probably won't live to see a Knicks championship and the only thing they're champs of is in money spent and nothing to show.

I'm not a Lin fan, not a Melo fan, not a real Knicks fan for over 10yrs or so. I'd return to being one when the disappoinments are fewer, just a fan of the sport as always. Dolan's probably to blame so I'm going to hop on that bandwagon.
Should've kept Lin, which is a no on Felton. Lose JR Smith, Stoudemire honestly. Liked what happened to Landry, Novak, Camby, Brewer. Prigioni probably good. Unsure of Kidd, Thomas.
I believe Knicks have bad trainers or something to let go of young, developing players for years to collect old, banged up players who don't perform half as well as they're paid. Lots of teams do it, but Knicks like to overpay them.
I'll say that it's more of bad management of players. They're trying for the homerun, but missed because of the lack of proper timing and technique. That's why Nolan failed.
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 04:50   Link #1457
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Dolan is an example of having money but having no fing clue, the Bulls are the example of having a clue but being too tight to actually execute.... but hey the Bulls have been like that for years, they didn't want to pay MJ & everyone money for another few years at the top, and they still don't want to pay money to help Rose.

Also Kendrick Perkins must've been smiling for the next week after he saw the Howard to the Lakers trade.. with Ibaka (just got done) and Harden up for extensions Perkins was totally an amnesty candidate, especially since he was useless against a lot of teams, with the Heat being the main one. Now the Thunder can't amnesty Perkins since they need him to combat Howard...

I still like the Thunder vs the new Lakers.... they're a young squad.. this core will be improving for a few more years yet.. Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka are nowhere near their peak... and they get Maynor back who is a massive upgrade over Fisher.

Even with this improvement coming from them I still liked my Heat's chances next year... Bosh was not 100% obviously, neither was Wade... than you add Ray Allen into the mix.. and Chalmers and Cole's improvements.. I think...

Heat > Thunder
Thunder > Lakers
Lakers > Heat

Question of matchups... but health is also an issue... Nash is 39 and has a bad back and no miracle Phoenix medical staff, Gasol is getting older, Kobe is getting older, Howard just had back surgery and won't start playing until Jan.... Lakers window with this core is 2 years max.. and you need chemistry... they are very well set for 2014 though if they renounce Kobe and Gasol or get them back cheap.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 22:31   Link #1458
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
this video shows that Kobe Bryant just imitated Michael Jordan on basketball moves... Jordan did it first and Bryant should be accused of Plagiarism since he do not admit he copied lol
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 22:14   Link #1459
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Dolan is an example of having money but having no fing clue, the Bulls are the example of having a clue but being too tight to actually execute.... but hey the Bulls have been like that for years, they didn't want to pay MJ & everyone money for another few years at the top, and they still don't want to pay money to help Rose.

Also Kendrick Perkins must've been smiling for the next week after he saw the Howard to the Lakers trade.. with Ibaka (just got done) and Harden up for extensions Perkins was totally an amnesty candidate, especially since he was useless against a lot of teams, with the Heat being the main one. Now the Thunder can't amnesty Perkins since they need him to combat Howard...

I still like the Thunder vs the new Lakers.... they're a young squad.. this core will be improving for a few more years yet.. Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka are nowhere near their peak... and they get Maynor back who is a massive upgrade over Fisher.

Even with this improvement coming from them I still liked my Heat's chances next year... Bosh was not 100% obviously, neither was Wade... than you add Ray Allen into the mix.. and Chalmers and Cole's improvements.. I think...

Heat > Thunder
Thunder > Lakers
Lakers > Heat

Question of matchups... but health is also an issue... Nash is 39 and has a bad back and no miracle Phoenix medical staff, Gasol is getting older, Kobe is getting older, Howard just had back surgery and won't start playing until Jan.... Lakers window with this core is 2 years max.. and you need chemistry... they are very well set for 2014 though if they renounce Kobe and Gasol or get them back cheap.
Howard actually been noted to highly play in the opener game of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
this video shows that Kobe Bryant just imitated Michael Jordan on basketball moves... Jordan did it first and Bryant should be accused of Plagiarism since he do not admit he copied lol
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
My friend, if you are going to say that than all players should be accused of Plagiarism. Techniques of the past will always be learnt in future generations, post play, defense schemes, offensive schemes, playbooks, coaching techniques, and many other parts of the game in the past have been use by players and coaches of today. Kobe Bryant had some moves of Jordan as well other players, so have Jordan and other players. Players will always learn from the past great players.


Well enough about that.


Right now what I want to discuss is the big uproar in the NBA, the new flopping rule. Players are not happy with it and filed a lawsuit.
What is everyone's opinion about this new rule?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 16:17   Link #1460
Kmos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NY
I want them to cut down on flopping so something needs to be done for sure. From what I've read, it'll be reviewed post-game by [flop committee] and fines will be dished out incrementally and 6th one is a suspension? I don't really like the 'punishment' but it'll be funny if some floptastic player gets a suspension from one game due to it.

Refs are relieved or something so they can continue as usual, but since it's reviewed post-game their in-game calls still have an effect. There might be more no-calls which I'd want. This is a first thought, so not thought out, flops should be reviewed during game time by [flop committe] and points and/or fouls should be the punishment. The last two minutes of the game should have the refs doing it themselves as it is now I believe.

- I have no idea who'll do flop reviews so I'm using [flop committee]

Last edited by Kmos; 2012-10-08 at 16:30.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.