AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-25, 11:12   Link #301
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murakumo View Post
wowie.. the anime hooked me and the LN even more I should say

Spoiler for volume 8/9?:


anyhoo, has anyone actually read up to volume 9?
I haven't read the books myself, but I have been able to piece together quite a few bits of information. As for your question, here.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 11:16   Link #302
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
I think they haven't gone to Honnou-ji yet. This Light Novel goes fast in time compared to the original, but I think it is too soon for that.
Spoiler for Cover Release vol 9:
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 12:15   Link #303
Mechatrill
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Volume 4 summary time

Spoiler:


And that's it for summaries. I don't think I'll be doing any more of these, mostly due to the only Chinese translation I can find of volume 5 is incomplete and it doesn't seem like it'll be completed anytime soon. I think I'll put off reading the rest until I do get a complete translation of volume 5, since I doubt I'd be able to follow it if I missed parts of the plot, especially with my level of Chinese...
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 12:40   Link #304
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Volume 4 summary time

Spoiler:


And that's it for summaries. I don't think I'll be doing any more of these, mostly due to the only Chinese translation I can find of volume 5 is incomplete and it doesn't seem like it'll be completed anytime soon. I think I'll put off reading the rest until I do get a complete translation of volume 5, since I doubt I'd be able to follow it if I missed parts of the plot, especially with my level of Chinese...
WOW! Thanks so much! This is fantastic! I'm so intrigued about the the Mitsuhide development.. Wonder if they're going to go all serious yandere-mode for the Honnouji incident..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 12:46   Link #305
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Volume 4 summary time

Spoiler:


And that's it for summaries. I don't think I'll be doing any more of these, mostly due to the only Chinese translation I can find of volume 5 is incomplete and it doesn't seem like it'll be completed anytime soon. I think I'll put off reading the rest until I do get a complete translation of volume 5, since I doubt I'd be able to follow it if I missed parts of the plot, especially with my level of Chinese...
That was pretty darn intense. For sengoku fans out there, are there any major changes compared to real history?
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 12:58   Link #306
Mikey-kun
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Volume 4 summary time

Spoiler:


And that's it for summaries. I don't think I'll be doing any more of these, mostly due to the only Chinese translation I can find of volume 5 is incomplete and it doesn't seem like it'll be completed anytime soon. I think I'll put off reading the rest until I do get a complete translation of volume 5, since I doubt I'd be able to follow it if I missed parts of the plot, especially with my level of Chinese...
That was epic! I think it gives a much more intense feeling than the anime has done so far, but I guess they have limited possibilities with only 12 eps and an OVA ... meh too bad ... anyways thanks for the read!
__________________
~ Mikey-kun
Mikey-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:07   Link #307
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
That was pretty darn intense. For sengoku fans out there, are there any major changes compared to real history?
Spoiler for History stuff:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:09   Link #308
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Sometimes being devoted too much on religion can lead to nasty results. The monastery almost got the worst result, good thing those monks thought it through. Oh and all summaries are on the social group for ease of reading.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:21   Link #309
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Sometimes being devoted too much on religion can lead to nasty results.
Sounds like a cautionary tale that spans the ages!

Interesting now that almost all the major "ODA IS A TYRANT" events have not come to pass, it'd be curious about how much long-standing effects this will have..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:22   Link #310
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey-kun View Post
That was epic! I think it gives a much more intense feeling than the anime has done so far, but I guess they have limited possibilities with only 12 eps and an OVA ... meh too bad ... anyways thanks for the read!
Wait, how do you know it's 12 eps and an OVA?

But yeah, very intense volume this time, everyone give a stnading ovation to Mechatrill for that! Shame about all the tsuntsun-ing all over the place, but seeing Takeda act years in advance, that will be entertaining. Though I'm still wondering if Oda can just crush Takeda, gun>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cavalry after all...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:24   Link #311
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Sounds like a cautionary tale that spans the ages!

Interesting now that almost all the major "ODA IS A TYRANT" events have not come to pass, it'd be curious about how much long-standing effects this will have..
Good change if you ask me. Some guys in some other websites graded this Light Novel as horrible because they didn't follow the original history like killing the brother, Dosan dying, and the works. Which I thought was really really stupid and I hardly call people stupid. The changing of original events is a major theme in the Light Novel. Oh and we now know what may happen in Honnou-ji or at least the cause.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:28   Link #312
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Sounds like a cautionary tale that spans the ages!

Interesting now that almost all the major "ODA IS A TYRANT" events have not come to pass, it'd be curious about how much long-standing effects this will have..
Well, the first clear sign is that she doesn't act like a tyrant. Note that this has some advantages and disadvantages, ex: when she went to Kyoto(?) her kindness made the takeover much easier, no rebellions or anything, but on the other hand she's much more emotional, and completely dysfunctional without the MC. This is something that the current generation of LN's do very well in my opinion, expressing how much the cast relies on the MC. They did it in Index, DxD, and now Nobuna. It's a very interesting concept.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:30   Link #313
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Good change if you ask me. Some guys in some other websites graded this Light Novel as horrible because they didn't follow the original history like killing the brother, Dosan dying, and the works. Which I thought was really really stupid and I hardly call people stupid. The changing of original events is a major theme in the Light Novel. Oh and we now know what may happen in Honnou-ji or at least the cause.
I actually find that hilarious, when people read a time-travel themed story, and then hate on how it doesn't stick to history. OF COURSE IT DOESN'T, the butterfly effect dictates that even a change in an insects position can cause tornadoes, why does the MC just being there not change things radically?
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:36   Link #314
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Wait, how do you know it's 12 eps and an OVA?

But yeah, very intense volume this time, everyone give a stnading ovation to Mechatrill for that! Shame about all the tsuntsun-ing all over the place, but seeing Takeda act years in advance, that will be entertaining. Though I'm still wondering if Oda can just crush Takeda, gun>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cavalry after all...
Spoiler for Commentary:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:37   Link #315
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Spoiler for Commentary:
Point taken -.- if it was just Takeda though...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:41   Link #316
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
The good thing about this Light Novel is that Sagara Yoshiharu explains historical events before changing them. So any audience can enjoy it while learning the back story. Also I got a question.

In the anime, Katsue's breasts bounces even when she is wearing armor. No the armor looks like a T-Shirt. Does it actually mention that Katsue's breasts bounces with the armor in the Light Novel or is that a change?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:48   Link #317
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Spoiler for Commentary:
Spoiler:
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:51   Link #318
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
^
Spoiler:
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:56   Link #319
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Point taken -.- if it was just Takeda though...
Spoiler for Commentary:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:02   Link #320
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^
Spoiler:
I actually mean post-Oda victory. Pardon her again? Historically, it's another section in the tale of Nobunaga's brutality..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.