AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-28, 14:17   Link #581
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
they could still have heathcliff do some of the explanation but he needs sound less like someone reading straight form the Manuel.
Or they could give the impression that the Knights have an established information network or something to justify them having all such info without raising alarms.

Of course, aside from Heathcliff there is also the issue of LC being brought up.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 14:26   Link #582
Deltaray
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Age: 21
Speaking of Heathcliff, it appears that he wears armor too in opening, when it he should only wield Kirito like clothes, just red, with his shield and sword, but will see.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 14:50   Link #583
Hmm....
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I think Murder case is a good choice to be introduction episode for Heathcliff, show that Asuna finally join a guild and continuation of pk issue. My personal issue would be I'm not too fond with tsun Asuna of Murder case, I hope she's not too much of generic tsundere character here. I'm also not too fond with detective story in general, which is perhap a good thing because I wouldn't care too much what is cut and what is not

The obvious issue still remain. There is no way they can fit the whole murder case into 1 episode. That's why I believe we don't have to worry about Heathcliff being "too knowledgable". I doubt the anime will go deep into game mechanic anyway. If they are going for dere dere Asuna of volumn 1, they can cut much of tsun scene here as well. As for the murder story itself, well, shouldn't be any worse than RNR should it ??
__________________
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Hmm.... is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 17:01   Link #584
Belgaesh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: At the Intersection of Life
Next episode will jump to The Murder Case, in Volume 08. It will finally show Asuna current guild "The Knights of Blood", and finally Heathcliff will apear.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 19:32   Link #585
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
I think Murder case is a good choice to be introduction episode for Heathcliff, show that Asuna finally join a guild and continuation of pk issue. My personal issue would be I'm not too fond with tsun Asuna of Murder case, I hope she's not too much of generic tsundere character here. I'm also not too fond with detective story in general, which is perhap a good thing because I wouldn't care too much what is cut and what is not

The obvious issue still remain. There is no way they can fit the whole murder case into 1 episode. That's why I believe we don't have to worry about Heathcliff being "too knowledgable". I doubt the anime will go deep into game mechanic anyway. If they are going for dere dere Asuna of volumn 1, they can cut much of tsun scene here as well. As for the murder story itself, well, shouldn't be any worse than RNR should it ??
This is one of the main things that bothered me about the story. Asuna does have some elements at other times, but way more during this story than at any other time.

The stuff with Laughing Coffin could potentially be cut, though that could prove problematic should they ever choose to adapt GGO. They could cut out extraneous details or speed along the deaths and investigation.

Just so long as they keep the sleeping scene as that is an important moment for Kirito and Asuna.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 20:23   Link #586
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
hou so ep 5 is Murder in Aincrad, well that's nice. i wonder how will they animate the two's re-meeting after Aria. after that will be liz's SS and then the main arc yay
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic208954_2.gif
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 21:55   Link #587
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
they could still have heathcliff do some of the explanation but he needs sound less like someone reading straight form the Manuel.
I suppose they could solve the issue with a couple lines of dialogue.

Kirito: How do you know so much about the game mechanics?

Heathcliff: Because unlike everyone else in Aincrad, I actually read the manual.

Another idea that occurred to me is they could replace Heathcliff with Argo and have the knowledge come from her information network. Considering they've already used her as the Mistress of Exposition once, they might as well do it again.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:03   Link #588
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Great Void, Jötunheimr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I suppose they could solve the issue with a couple lines of dialogue.

Kirito: How do you know so much about the game mechanics?

Heathcliff: Because unlike everyone else in Aincrad, I actually read the manual.

Another idea that occurred to me is they could replace Heathcliff with Argo and have the knowledge come from her information network. Considering they've already used her as the Mistress of Exposition once, they might as well do it again.
Would that mean losing the Ramen shop scene? XD
__________________
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:12   Link #589
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I suppose they could solve the issue with a couple lines of dialogue.

Kirito: How do you know so much about the game mechanics?

Heathcliff: Because unlike everyone else in Aincrad, I actually read the manual.

Another idea that occurred to me is they could replace Heathcliff with Argo and have the knowledge come from her information network. Considering they've already used her as the Mistress of Exposition once, they might as well do it again.
Kirito: That is BS. You're GM, right?
Heathcliff: Wha...what are you talking....wha-WHAT IS YOUR BASIS OF THAT ACCUSATION!!?!
Kirito: I am just joking...why so mad?'
Asuna: Heathcliff-san....This isn't like you...*scared*
Healthcliff: .....
Healthcliff: A-hem...Sorry for my rudeness....As I said before, I read manual...

__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:21   Link #590
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Well It will be interesting to see how they this one.
Questions are

1 Will see the leader of LC and his 2 subordinate's
2 Will we see Kirirto entrance
3 Asunas tsundere side
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:31   Link #591
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
I'd be happy if they would explain in more detail in the next episode and have the story last at the very minimum 2 episode since there was a lot of material to cover
__________________
Epicness
Polarpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:39   Link #592
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well It will be interesting to see how they this one.
Questions are

1 Will see the leader of LC and his 2 subordinate's
2 Will we see Kirirto entrance
3 Asunas tsundere side
4 Kirito and Asuna napping under the trees.

It's an easy scene to cut out, like Asuna and Kirito's first meeting in Aria, but man that would be butchering their relationship.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:59   Link #593
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Great Void, Jötunheimr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
4 Kirito and Asuna napping under the trees.

It's an easy scene to cut out, like Asuna and Kirito's first meeting in Aria, but man that would be butchering their relationship.
Animators: "Its already in the opening that's more than enough!"
__________________
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 23:00   Link #594
Hmm....
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
IMHO If they replace Heathcliff with Argo, I don't know why would they bother adapt murder case in the first place
If they want more Argo, why don't they just skip murder case and make Aria into 2 parter. While they are at it, please bring back my sucidal Asuna of Aria as well

The same goes to Laughing Coffin, sure, they can be introduced together with Cradil's incident without much harm done to overall story. My question is if they adapt murder case but leave out Laughing Coffin (and Heathcliff). What is the point ?

Napping scene is like trademark of this SS. It also make it to OP. I see no reason to axe it, in normal circumstance that is.
If we look at past episode, when they rush things, It seem they has habit of axing out stories prologue especially when it has no real impact to overall story.
Asuna locking herself in INN room was also in the OP but nowhere to be seen in story so I can't say for sure napping scene would make it into story
__________________
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Hmm.... is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 23:24   Link #595
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
I don't think it's too hard to at least mention Laughing Coffin. There's no reason to go into much detail about it though. It's enough to say "there's a guild of PKers called Laughing Coffin".

As for the story overall, they'd have to cut a lot but I think it could survive (unlike Aria). It's paced really really slowly to emphasize the "mystery" feel, but honestly I don't think the trick was particularly interesting. If they don't treat it like a full detective story and focus more on the characters and the relationships, they can cut out most of the details. And if you think about it this is basically the first time Asuna and Kirito get to know each other (excluding the rewrite side-stories), so emphasizing those two interacting should definitely be the goal.

It's a bit sad because the concept of a "locked room mystery" involving game mechanics was pretty cool, but it's not really the main point.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 00:30   Link #596
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I really hope they don't squeeze murder into One episode. Please. Don't.

That story is even longer than Aria, and closest to the main plot in tone and characterization.

There's the first introduction of Heartcliff, alot of Kirito-Asuna goodness, the introduction of Laughing Coffin whose influence would be felt in GGO and Alicization, a very interesting mystery, a sharp commentary on certain conservative Japanese views on wives and woman in particular - alot of themes, even more in Aria. It deserves two episodes, and I think one episode will expose it to even more criticism than RNR and Aria. Because odds are, the whole thing would be a confused mess if squeezed into one episode.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 00:37   Link #597
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Hey guys, a quick question please : In SAO, if a mob attack you, even if you block it you still feel the strength behind the attack. I assume the same happen for an attack from another player. So why here Kirito can tank sword, axe, mace, hammer, skill ....without even trying?
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 00:47   Link #598
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Hey guys, a quick question please : In SAO, if a mob attack you, even if you block it you still feel the strength behind the attack. I assume the same happen for an attack from another player. So why here Kirito can tank sword, axe, mace, hammer, skill ....without even trying?
Because he's used to it? It creates a feeling of being pushed, but it doesn't actually hurt or move you back. Since he's used to fighting in-game he can probably ignore it. A minor detail that they skipped in the anime is that in order to train Battle Healing he's had to take a lot of damage. It's supposed to emphasize his badass "life on the line" playing style, but it also means he's used to taking hits calmly.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 01:57   Link #599
Cyblaster
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 28
Hmm, I guess I have a similar question with about damage. The way ep 4 animated the fight between Kirito and the group of bandits, their weapons just went through him. However, Kirito gets an arm cut off later in another fight. Does he get to decide whether they pass through him?
Cyblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 02:10   Link #600
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyblaster View Post
Hmm, I guess I have a similar question with about damage. The way ep 4 animated the fight between Kirito and the group of bandits, their weapons just went through him. However, Kirito gets an arm cut off later in another fight. Does he get to decide whether they pass through him?
I'm not sure, but wouldn't the simple answer be that it always passes through but it needs to do enough damage to cut off the arm? An arm just has a certain number of HP. It's not exactly a hyperrealistic physics simulator.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.