AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 19:06   Link #41
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
It wasn't written by the author, but by the fans. It's non-canon, and hasn't been, and probably won't be translated.
oh thats fine, i meant where can i find it, hopefully in jp or chinese
Old 2012-07-25, 19:07   Link #42
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
oh thats fine, i meant where can i find it, hopefully in jp or chinese
Ah. Hm. I'm afraid I can't help you there. Sorry.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 19:09   Link #43
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
hehe yea, thats what i meant by finding the text seems to be really hard on the web
Old 2012-07-27, 22:52   Link #44
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post

Another Call of Duty game released for AmuSphere in 2024. Tanked because it can't beat GGO.
Not sure if GGO is really directly comparable to CoD. Sure both are shooters using real weapons, but GGO is definitely not a realistic shooter like Call of Duty or Battlefield, what with it featuring energy blades and boss monsters, so I'm not sure they would quite be direct competitors like CoD vs Battlefield.

And speaking of Battlefield, Battlefield 8 is released in 2024, featuring maps ranging in size from buildings to city blocks to entire cities. Featuring over 1000 weapons and 150 vehicles, including light vehicles, APCs, IFVs, tanks, artillery, helicopters, fighters, bombers, attack aircraft and more, with some large maps supporting thousands of players in massive army-on-army battles.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 00:05   Link #45
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Not sure if GGO is really directly comparable to CoD. Sure both are shooters using real weapons, but GGO is definitely not a realistic shooter like Call of Duty or Battlefield, what with it featuring energy blades and boss monsters, so I'm not sure they would quite be direct competitors like CoD vs Battlefield.

And speaking of Battlefield, Battlefield 8 is released in 2024, featuring maps ranging in size from buildings to city blocks to entire cities. Featuring over 1000 weapons and 150 vehicles, including light vehicles, APCs, IFVs, tanks, artillery, helicopters, fighters, bombers, attack aircraft and more, with some large maps supporting thousands of players in massive army-on-army battles.
Sounds awesome. I also imagine there are territorial conquest, taking cities, dangerous A.I support, etc. Really, "Chronicles of the Amusphere" seem like an interesting possible compilation of fanfics exploring how the Amusphere would affect the world of gaming, outside Japan.

Or online lectures via Amusphere. Live Lectures.

Could I propose an SAO Technology discussion thread?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 23:03   Link #46
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

My fic, Sword Art Online: From the Outside had its first chapter uploaded to fanfic.net. I have mentioned it before, but for those who missed the first time, its basically about what happens in the real world during the events of SAO. Later chapters will include accounts of the police manhunt for Akihiko, trying to find a way to disarm the Nerve Gear etc, and Sachi's brother turned vigilante's quest for vengeance. However, this chapter focuses on the initial news report on the Sword Art Online crisis and the recall of Sword Art Online and the Nerve Gear Console.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 18:02   Link #47
styr

Has anyone done anything with Coper yet from First Day? If not I am going to unofficially claim this scenario as I am going to do a "What If" plot with him. Nothing is concrete yet but I am feeling a little creative and since I love MMO games this anime has me really interested more than usual.

Basically the plot will be that instead of trying to MPK Kirito he decides to stick with him after they finish the quest. I will be writing this from Coper's POV and focus will be on mostly RPG elements with medium exposition and character development. I will try going into more of the game aspect of SAO regarding player skills, weapon skills, items, equipment acquisition, weapon/armor enhancement and the like. There will be some combat, but since most of the time they are grinding on trash/quest mobs it will only be highly detailed when the situation is serious business.

Hopefully I can write/type enough to do at least 3-4 chapters per floor but that # is still tentative. Right now my plan is to do Floor 1 and 2. I'll try to get a chapter done in a few days as a intro/prologue of sorts. Basically First Day from Coper's POV.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 22:19   Link #48
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

SAO's probably a series where I'd just linger around and watch everyone else do the work. To me, its a recurring epic lovestory between Kirito and Asuna, and how they overcome trials and tribulations to be together. Not going to get in the way of that with my OC-heavy approaches.

So keep writing, doushi! I'm cheering for you in spirit. lol
Old 2012-07-29, 23:37   Link #49
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
Has anyone done anything with Coper yet from First Day? If not I am going to unofficially claim this scenario as I am going to do a "What If" plot with him. Nothing is concrete yet but I am feeling a little creative and since I love MMO games this anime has me really interested more than usual.

Basically the plot will be that instead of trying to MPK Kirito he decides to stick with him after they finish the quest. I will be writing this from Coper's POV and focus will be on mostly RPG elements with medium exposition and character development. I will try going into more of the game aspect of SAO regarding player skills, weapon skills, items, equipment acquisition, weapon/armor enhancement and the like. There will be some combat, but since most of the time they are grinding on trash/quest mobs it will only be highly detailed when the situation is serious business.

Hopefully I can write/type enough to do at least 3-4 chapters per floor but that # is still tentative. Right now my plan is to do Floor 1 and 2. I'll try to get a chapter done in a few days as a intro/prologue of sorts. Basically First Day from Coper's POV.
Nope, it's a very interesting scenario where Coper sticks to Kirito. However I think we might have to also see the beginning of the Beta issue.

in addition, have you read Aria, Rondo and Monochrome Concerto? I think it's very much essential.

Now, if you want to mock Kirito's tendecies to attract girls, what if Coper was a rather masculine looking girl instead? In other words a Bifauxen. Indeed, it could be played as a major character point to built that character around, and a commentary of how true females in MMOs tend to be treated differently. Just an idea, but there's not very much to build Coper's character on.

Of course, a male centric team dynamics is probably more out of the norm in SAO and hence, fresh. I think one issue is that we see few examples of Kirito interacting with males his age, until Alicizaton.

Finally, you might want to consider how you are going to work in Klein, Asuna (unless you wish to kill her off screen, which could have happened had Aria proceeded differently, which is likely) ,Egil, and even Silica, Sacchi and the Black Cats, should Kirito run into them. Alternatively, you might opt for a cast of Oc's which is a more challenging prospect than simply having the original character cast coming into play.

There's a lot of potential for this to be a full length SAO divergence fic where Kirito or someone next to him makes very different choices, hence derailing the plot.

Last edited by novalysis; 2012-07-30 at 00:18.
Old 2012-07-30, 00:18   Link #50
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
SAO's probably a series where I'd just linger around and watch everyone else do the work. To me, its a recurring epic lovestory between Kirito and Asuna, and how they overcome trials and tribulations to be together. Not going to get in the way of that with my OC-heavy approaches.

So keep writing, doushi! I'm cheering for you in spirit. lol
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Kha ISN'T jumping on the fanfiction bandwagon.

That's a first.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 07:55   Link #51
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Kha ISN'T jumping on the fanfiction bandwagon.

That's a first.
It isn't for me. I've stayed out of several universes by now.
Old 2012-07-30, 08:53   Link #52
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
It isn't for me. I've stayed out of several universes by now.
There are other angles one could explore the SAO world through. Such as the consequence of the Amusphere on Gaming, Business, Communications, Engineering, etc, etc..... that's a very big, very rich fuel of possibilities.

To me, SAO is all about an intelligent young man and a formidable young woman falling in love with one another in a Civilization close to a technological Singularity. And both of them are at the thick of the events surrounding that momentous point of human history. Ignore this second aspect, and SAO is nothing but a cheapen Romance with a Sci-fi veneer in my view - a good romance, but not a unique one (I'm talking outside the LN and Anime medium here.)

The Near Singularity aspects to SAO is very interesting fanfic potential.

The other are all the delicious For Want of a Nail Aincrad scenarios.
Old 2012-07-30, 09:23   Link #53
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
There are other angles one could explore the SAO world through. Such as the consequence of the Amusphere on Gaming, Business, Communications, Engineering, etc, etc..... that's a very big, very rich fuel of possibilities.

To me, SAO is all about an intelligent young man and a formidable young woman falling in love with one another in a Civilization close to a technological Singularity. And both of them are at the thick of the events surrounding that momentous point of human history. Ignore this second aspect, and SAO is nothing but a cheapen Romance with a Sci-fi veneer in my view - a good romance, but not a unique one (I'm talking outside the LN and Anime medium here.)

The Near Singularity aspects to SAO is very interesting fanfic potential.

The other are all the delicious For Want of a Nail Aincrad scenarios.
Exactly my friend, you guys have it covered, and canon's pretty damn well covered. I have nothing to add, so I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.
Old 2012-07-30, 12:57   Link #54
styr

Quote:
Nope, it's a very interesting scenario where Coper sticks to Kirito. However I think we might have to also see the beginning of the Beta issue.

in addition, have you read Aria, Rondo and Monochrome Concerto? I think it's very much essential.

Now, if you want to mock Kirito's tendecies to attract girls, what if Coper was a rather masculine looking girl instead? In other words a Bifauxen. Indeed, it could be played as a major character point to built that character around, and a commentary of how true females in MMOs tend to be treated differently. Just an idea, but there's not very much to build Coper's character on.

Of course, a male centric team dynamics is probably more out of the norm in SAO and hence, fresh. I think one issue is that we see few examples of Kirito interacting with males his age, until Alicizaton.

Finally, you might want to consider how you are going to work in Klein, Asuna (unless you wish to kill her off screen, which could have happened had Aria proceeded differently, which is likely) ,Egil, and even Silica, Sacchi and the Black Cats, should Kirito run into them. Alternatively, you might opt for a cast of Oc's which is a more challenging prospect than simply having the original character cast coming into play.

There's a lot of potential for this to be a full length SAO divergence fic where Kirito or someone next to him makes very different choices, hence derailing the plot.
I have read nearly all the side stories (except Caliber) and every Vol but 7/9/10, and my story will specifically deal with lots of beta player issues. Coper will not steal any girls from Kirito or prevent him from doing canon events for the most part. I will be expanding on what the author has already given us, not modifying his stories to fit with a new addition to the cast. There's a lot of potential between First Day and Aria/Rondo/Monochrome and my story will try to bridge the gaps between them while trying to preserve canon integrity. I plan to have Coper's age be exactly between Kirito's (14) and Klein's (24) as a sort of counterbalance.

The reason I specifically picked Coper was because there wasn't much to build on and his betrayal of Kirito was out of left field imo. Coper will be at least in Kirito's mind, a replacement Klein for a while. One of the few things I will be changing from canon is Coper's weapon he has upon meeting Kirito. Of course that begs to ask why would he be doing the Anneal Blade quest if he isn't using swords? It should be fairly obvious to any MMO players, especially since weapons aren't 'soulbound' in SAO. The biggest reason I decided to give them different weapons was mainly competition. If both were using one handed straight swords it might breed contempt at a rare monster drop or something. If each of them is using a unique weapon, that is unlikely to occur.
Old 2012-07-31, 23:03   Link #55
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Since SAO have this thread here, might decide to make one :3
Old 2012-08-02, 22:38   Link #56
Deofiro

Can I discuss crossover stories here cause I posted one awhile back but haven't updated it in a while because I cannot think of a proper goal to aim for.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7800273/1/The_Games_Vision

Any comment on it helps
Old 2012-08-03, 19:28   Link #57
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deofiro View Post
Can I discuss crossover stories here cause I posted one awhile back but haven't updated it in a while because I cannot think of a proper goal to aim for.

Any comment on it helps
At least add punctuation and question marks where they're needed.

Basically, Character + Event = Plot. If you want a plot, you need direction and milestones. For direction, decide whether you want to (1) follow SAO's storyline with Touma added in the scene, changing here and there to fit him in, or (2) put Touma's original adventures in between the time skips while keeping SAO's main plot, or (3) make a completely new and original story following Touma. After that, choose which floor that the next event that's happening to Touma will be held, and start from there.

Events are dependent on plot, so I can't comment. However, if you want my suggestion, go with either (2) or (3). With that, first have Touma learn how to defend himself properly, either by being careful or by receiving help from a Beater. After that, skip to the first floor boss fight. Change it however you like, then timeskip again. If you like to include SAO's plot, you can write about the boss fight of floor 50, or crusade against Laughing Coffin, or you can just go with something original.

Now, after you've had a main plot, you can start adding plot elements. This is where the sky is the only limit. From romance to drama to comedy to even horror and rage-inducing themes, anything is possible. You can have Touma tame something, or know someone who successfully tamed something, maybe even save that person's life. You can add a running gag, like a guy having a girly name and have people point it out every other chapters. Even something like romance between Argo and Touma, which then turn into drama as she is NTR-ed by a Laughing Coffin member, who then attempts to kill her, is possible. Just make sure they are connected to one another.

Last edited by M.A.D; 2012-08-03 at 20:07.
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 22:50   Link #58
Deofiro

Thanks for the reply it really helps me get started on witing more and I think I will go with the 3rd option
Old 2012-08-04, 00:41   Link #59
styr

The first chapter to my story, which branches out from the First Day side story and involves Coper teaming up with Kirito instead of betraying him, is roughly ~65% done with 5800 words. Finishing it up and then proofreading it will take a couple more days. Hopefully, it'll be ready to go by next Tuesday.

My current plan is to do ~5 chapters per floor. For now, only the first and second floor is being considered. I may do more though if I can keep the ideas flowing.

Lastly, I still haven't decided on a name for my story yet.
Old 2012-08-07, 15:38   Link #60
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deofiro View Post

Any comment on it helps
Heh, this is a quite interesting and promising crossover...keep at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
The first chapter to my story, which branches out from the First Day side story and involves Coper teaming up with Kirito instead of betraying him, is roughly ~65% done with 5800 words. Finishing it up and then proofreading it will take a couple more days. Hopefully, it'll be ready to go by next Tuesday.

My current plan is to do ~5 chapters per floor. For now, only the first and second floor is being considered. I may do more though if I can keep the ideas flowing.

Lastly, I still haven't decided on a name for my story yet.
5 chapters per floor?
Isn't that going to be a bit...tough? Or are you going to skip "unknown" floors?

I'm also working on a fic, actually, I've had the basic plot written down ever since I read the first two volumes of SAO
The characters will be the ones I used to enter the SAO avatar design contest, and a few more in the future.

But for now, I'll just leave. Still need to check it for mistakes.

Tags
discussion, fanfiction