AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Old 2012-05-13, 07:05   Link #61
Qilin
Romanticist

Damn. I just finished translated novels 30 until 33.

If the series ended at this point, I would still be really happy, but fortunately, that isn't the case at all. There are still several novels left to enjoy (albeit untranslated) before I say my farewells to the world of Marimite. Of course, there are still a few plot hooks left unexplored, though they are relatively minor in comparison to the closure offered by volume 33.

Spoiler for A few loose threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
I kind of missed their presence, makes me yearn about when they'll (I mean Studio Deen) bring up the possible final season. The saga never fails to chronicle about the girls' relationships and their lives, all the while I love to see Sachiko grow up.
It saddens me, but I don't think a fifth season will come. Maybe I'm making wild conclusions, but I think the fandom for this series is way too niche. Just getting a 4th season is an achievement most shows today could ever hope to gain.

If it did, it would probably only cover the content until volume 33 ("Hello Goodbye"), which is to say, nothing of Rosa Chinensis Yumi.

(btw, I'm mainly a fan of Yumi. Her character development has been amazing throughout the series while being a consistent source of its best comedic moments.)
Old 2012-05-22, 01:39   Link #62
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I wished someone who read the rest of the volumes to give us some info on each one

I also want to see yumis reign. Lol
Old 2012-05-22, 14:16   Link #63
Qilin
Romanticist

^ I take comfort in the fact that the translation project is still active, even if just barely.

With luck, I can force myself to forget about this now and come back in a couple of years to find the rest of the relevant novels translated in English. But honestly, if there was a series that could possibly convince me to learn the Japanese language, it would be this one.
Old 2012-07-29, 02:41   Link #64
Autumn Demon
~

Are the last four novels (after Hello Goodbye) being translated into English? This is my favorite series and I can't get enough of the light novels.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 05:22   Link #65
Sol Falling

Only one translator has been working on this series for a while, as far as I know, presently. I think I read that they only have raws up to Volume 33, so that's why for the moment they seem to be working on vol. 10. Nonetheless hopefully/I expect we will get translations for vols. 34+ eventually, or at least a decent summary.
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 24/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 13:50   Link #66
Autumn Demon
~

Some of the raws of volumes 34+ have been available so I don't think that's it. But it's good to know someone is still working on the translations .
Old 2012-07-29, 20:37   Link #67
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I think vol34+ are mostly side stories.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:53   Link #68
Autumn Demon
~

I tend to like the side stories just as much as the Yamayurikai stories
Old 2014-07-22, 06:06   Link #69
Smillie

I have seen the last season of Marmite. So i would know the volume of the LN that i must read to continue.
Smillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 06:18   Link #70
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smillie View Post
I have seen the last season of Marmite. So i would know the volume of the LN that i must read to continue.
You know ... there is sooooo much that the (admittedly quite enjoyable) anime adaptations of Maria-sama did not cover.

There is a lot that has been translated, and it is being translated very steadily (though not at break-neck speeds). You can find the volumes in English here: http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index....sama_ga_Miteru

Anyway, the last ep of the last season ended at the end of Volume 27 (of the 39 vols published) ... but there teensy bits hinted at from Volume 29 if I remember correctly?

Still though - the setting of Maria-sama is extremely detailed and the animes do a good job at a hearty immersion, but there is a lot more. So much that it is rather easy to get lost, actually. ^^

Tags
cobalt bunko, light novels, shoujo