AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-09-21, 12:34   Link #1
Ayame
Inuzuka Kiba Glomper
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
Age: 22
Chrno Crusade, Final Thoughts and Personal Opinion

;~; Chrno Crusade's last episode is sooooooo sad!
Spoiler:

Last edited by xris; 2004-09-21 at 13:01. Reason: Please use the spoiler tage when you give away such a large plot point! And BTW, there's a CC forum
Ayame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 14:56   Link #2
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 34
Spoiler:
__________________
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 19:41   Link #3
7thMethuselah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp area, Belgium, Europa
Age: 38
Spoiler:
__________________

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 21:21   Link #4
AlphaBeta
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame
;~; Chrno Crusade's last episode is sooooooo sad!
Spoiler:
You are young so don't worry, be happy!!

When you go out in the real world, you'll see that the ending is not that sad.
If you think that's sad, look what USA is doing to Iraq...
but hey, to liberate you must destroy, right?
Also, look what happend last Sunday.

Unhappy endings are better, in my opinion.

Fact: Life is not fair

If it was:
1)I be super handsome (pretty) with lots of money.
2)People like bush locked up behind bars
3)Free stuff for everyone!
AlphaBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 03:38   Link #5
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fumo Fumo Land
Age: 26
The ending is so funny. Chrno kills Aion (can demon's die..? I mean they're fallen angels...) under 2 seconds. Why could he do it ealier and give Rossette more life? It took 23 eps of mental perperations of sumthing?
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 16:07   Link #6
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sidewalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesweaving
The ending is so funny. Chrno kills Aion (can demon's die..? I mean they're fallen angels...) under 2 seconds. Why could he do it ealier and give Rossette more life? It took 23 eps of mental perperations of sumthing?
Lol. I suppose he needs to exercise the psychological aspects of it. Haha. But he doesn't think. All that sulking in Magdeline's(?? It's been so long but that is her name yes?) burial tomb must've given him brain loss.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 17:50   Link #7
Momochi Zabuza
Devil of the Mist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Send a message via MSN to Momochi Zabuza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesweaving
The ending is so funny. Chrno kills Aion (can demon's die..? I mean they're fallen angels...) under 2 seconds. Why could he do it ealier and give Rossette more life? It took 23 eps of mental perperations of sumthing?

your wrong Aion didn't die. Well maybe he did then but he's back. Don't u remember the very last part in the anime when the reverend saw Aion around 40 years later?
Momochi Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 18:35   Link #8
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fumo Fumo Land
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momochi Zabuza
your wrong Aion didn't die. Well maybe he did then but he's back. Don't u remember the very last part in the anime when the reverend saw Aion around 40 years later?
I think Aion died. The reason why Remmington saw Aion after 40 years is because Aion is used as a symbol, to represent that his evil had spread into the hearts of men and women alike. Therefore, althrough he dead, he lives on inside the hearts of these people.
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 19:53   Link #9
Momochi Zabuza
Devil of the Mist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Send a message via MSN to Momochi Zabuza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesweaving
I think Aion died. The reason why Remmington saw Aion after 40 years is because Aion is used as a symbol, to represent that his evil had spread into the hearts of men and women alike. Therefore, althrough he dead, he lives on inside the hearts of these people.

hmm u may be right.
Momochi Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 04:50   Link #10
mamoru&usagi4ever
crazy sailor moon fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.A
Age: 22
wow i cant belive that happens im shocked i cant wait to tell my friend so she gets pissed
mamoru&usagi4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 16:16   Link #11
VincentAlexander
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hrmmm

This is my very first post, so I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, but I'll just assume if you are here, you've obviously seen the last episode...hopefully. So, old style warning here.

*SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*








My very first impression when I saw the ending was that Aion was "killed" with his own horn, which affects time, and him, or his bird, or whatever, we transported to the future, er..."sped up," you could say. I figured that was how Remington saw him in the future. Then again, he does say he is eternal, and the word Aion itself means "the ages," or more literally, "Eternal." Who knows. Maybe some of both?

I was a little depressed when Aion and Chrno didn't really fight, but I guess that is how it would go. Chrno is a Hell of a lot stronger than Aion, which is probably one of the many reasons why Aion wanted him to join their cause. Who was the one to step in after Aion was injured by the Duke in one shot? Pimp meister himself, Chrno. He was their "ace in the hole." It is funny to watch that scene, even though we don't see much. Aion starts the whole mess, then bows out a little and lets Chrno whoop ass. Lets you see who is the puppet master, eh? My thought on why Chrno never killed Aion before is because even though Rosette gives him power, she can never give him enough to fill him to full strength, of what he used to be. But at the end, she gives him everything she has left (so she says, but she still lives another 6 months....hrmmmm.) and "fills him up." Wham bam, the old, true Chrno is back for the only time in the series, and whoops ass in .2 seconds, back home in time for Corn Flakes.

But ya wanna know what pissed me off? Chrno ripped his horns off of Joshua, which I think is what we were all waiting for, or hoping for, in the entire show. But he doesn't put them back on, or whatever! Aion gave the horns to Joshua, so appearantly they can be re-attatched or some shit. If he would've just thrown those bad boys back on, he wouldn't have to use Rosette's power anymore, and could've saved everyone! But noooooo. Instead, he decides to use them as daggers.....what the Hell! OK, that is my ten cents. Watcha think?
VincentAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 01:56   Link #12
VincentAlexander
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
OK...One day later from previous post, and it hit me! I am gonna ramble for a quick second here.

*SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS* *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS* *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS* *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS* *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS* *SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

OK...so why didn't God do anything? Remington hated that God always seemed to stand by and do nothing. And why would God stand to the side and let Chrno and Rosette die? Aion planned to start a new era. Basically, Aion was going to bring hatred to the people. Hatred, violence, anything bad you can think of! How did he do this? Well, after the whole incident with the city and Chrno and Joshua screwing it up, and all the other shit, he threw the city into chaos. Aion then presented the city and the "world" itself with Rosette, a "saint." Aion gave them something to believe in, and turned everyone against the Magd-a-whatever institution. People said they were devil worshippers. What was Aion doing?! He was only hurting himself! Strengthening people's belief in God, and all that good stuff. He gave them false hope. There is some saying in the bible about...beware of wolves in sheep clothing...or something like that. That is what Aion was, or Rosette, or however you wanna see it or whoever. But anyways....wow, I'm rambling a lot. So anyways, why through all of this did God do nothing?! BECAUSE HE SET IT ALL IN MOTION! Aion thought, yet didn't think, that he was breaking free of God with his own will. But in the end of Chrno Crusade, it says, "we can do nothing but see the times go by in the path which God has chosen." God is almighty, and all that good stuff! Aion was doing God's will, and I think in some way he knew it. He probably hated the fact that he was helpless to God's will, but he still tried as hard as he could to break away, but I also think he knew it was futile. Why would all that chaos be God's will?! Because without darkness, there is no light! With no light, there is no darkness! Aioin was re-instating the "darkness" in the world. He created the chaos, which in turn created "order," or the light. In trying to work towards his own ambitions, he was still helping God, no matter what he did. God didn't interfere, because:

a) Aion was in a way helping him, unwillfully.
b) God had already set it all into motion. It was pre-ordained from the beginning, as God had chosen. Why interfere in something you set into motion?

When Remington goes into narration for a bit at the end of Chrno Crusade about all the horrible things happening...the stock market crash, the wall incident, the great war...they were all acts of God to keep balance! And He can't create darkness, for everything God creates is good, as it says in the bible. God can create only light. Some will then say, "what about the Devil?" The Devil was created blameless. Why? It wasn't his fault he turned to darkness. It was pre-ordained. God had saw it that way. So that is why Aion is still alive! Aion is everywhere, pretty much. Everything! Aion is the new "darkness" and God is the "light." One cannot live without the other. But some will then say, Chrno and Rosette were fighting for nothing! Not true! In "killing" Aion, they fixed the balance. Aion was creating too much light. Even though his hope was false, it was screwing up the balance. What happens when the bringer of darkness brings light? Two beings bringing light? I am still just rambling random thoughts...-coughs- Why would Aion say when he died, "Oh God, why have you forsaken me?" I think because Aion, in the deep, back part of his demonic little mind knew EVERYTHING was pointless. He knew God did nothing, but God truly had already did something. God decided everything billions of years ago. Aion wanted to know why God had forsaken him, because he was bringing light to the people, and even though he was truly doing bad, Aion knew he was only following in God's chosen path for him. Why then, would God let him die? He was only doing what God had planned! He was forsaken from the beginning!

Oh, by the way. I love how you see Aion in the end. Someone said it was the guy that knocked down Remington, and it is showing Aion lives in everyone. Kinda...I watched, and you can see the guy who knocked him down to the right of Remington. I think Aion tossed that paper to Remington. What the Hell is that paper? I dunno. That was a wild guess. But anyways...I think Aion is still one person, one demon. He is darkness, and darkness is everywhere. But instead of going the route where he is in everyone, they went the route of him being manifest. He was somebody. He was corporeal. I think we were actually seeing Aion, himself, his body. It wasn't a false image. It wasn't the darkness in somebody. It was Aion, who still lived, and went wherever he pleased, as God saw. Want to know why Aion was there?! Because the pope was about to be assassinated! "Darkness" was in the area, you could say. An evil deed was about to be committed, so the bringer of "darkness" or "evil" was present, of course! You can't have darkness without him, and he was there, representin'! Thank you, and good night!

P.S. Someone better reply to all of this and tell me if I am a genius or reaching for horse shit, or whatever. Watcha all think?

*Later Added*
OK...of course, I forgot to type in some shit, but it came back 2 seconds after I posted. OK...I wanted to try and break down the last thing we here from Aion. Here it is:
"I am eternity spawned by avarice. A shadow of God that has flowed into this world. Pandemonium has become filled with light, and Heaven has become filled with darkness. Look at this era. No matter how you may struggle, man exists within our heaven." So, time to try and break it up! One sentence at a time!

"I am eternity spawned by avarice." Avarice=greed, pretty much. So, it is saying "Because of people's greed, I will live forever." Don't forget kiddies, avarice is thing we like to call a sin. I don't think it is a mortal sin...I can't remember. It might be numero 7 on the 10 commandments...Next line!

"A shadow of God that has flowed into this world." How to say this one...God is light, and light cannot exist. "I am the darkness that opposes/balances/counteracts God's light, who has escaped from Pandemonium." Next line! Heck, let us do 2 lines! They go together anyways.

"Pandemonoim has become filled with light, and Heaven has become filled with darkness." At first, I kept thinking literal. Literal literal literal! It killed me! Whenever Aion always talked of "switching places" and stuff. Then I told myself, stop taking it literal, and it clicked! Aion wanted to switch places with God. He truly did wish to, not become God, but do God's job! He was tired of being the darkness. He was tired of being God's shadow! I think this sentence can be said as, "But now I am the light, and God is now my shadow." Right, eh? Eh?! I'm lovin' this show! What a pitiful, sad creature. Makes ya feel sorry for Aion, right? He wanted to see what it would be like to spread light for once, which he did! With Rosette's help! Poor guy...Next line! Er...rest of it!

"Look at this era. No matter how you may struggle, man exists without ourheaven." This one I am not 100 percent sure on...well, I'm not 100 on any of them...more like 99 percent. Anyways...The first part is simply, "Look at the times. It is proof enough that no matter how hard you try, there will always be darkness." By saying in our heaven, he means Pandemonium, or Hell, or darkness. Why? Because he flipped 'em? Remember? I think....Reaching for that one. So, lets try and see how ugly this sounds when I throw it all back together. We now end with:

"Because of people's greed, I will live forever. I am the darkness, who escaped Pandemonium, that opposes/balances/counteracts God's light. But now I am the light, and God is now my shadow. Look at the times. It is proof enough that no matter how hard you try, there will always be darkness."

The only line I argue with now is the, "But now I am the light, and God is now my shadow." It doesn't fit in it, right? I am contradicting myself here. But, I think that is what it should be. Why? Well, because of the reasons I stated above. Why doesn't it sound right? Because his plan didn't follow through! He isn't the light, as he wanted to be. He still is the darkness. Someone wanna help out and have some fun with this? I think that is the rest of what I had for now. Enjoy!!

Last edited by VincentAlexander; 2005-12-31 at 02:25.
VincentAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 00:33   Link #13
VincentAlexander
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Anybody gonna reply and tell me watcha think? I want someone here to argue with or agree with me!
VincentAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 01:16   Link #14
Seras
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
um... i just watched ep 24 this afternoon... i thought it was sad that chrono and rosette died.

about your rant? i didn't read it lol.
Seras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 09:21   Link #15
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cardboard Box
Age: 30
No body really bothers with long rants o_o. Someone before made a really good explanation of the ending.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=124

^ is the best explanation you'll find and the one that makes most sense.
__________________
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 16:14   Link #16
VincentAlexander
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Welp, that was depressing. I was going there expecting something good, and he didn't get deep at all. No analyzing! It was all pretty much stuff you figured out on your own, that isn't too interesting. Oh well...
VincentAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 22:52   Link #17
Irinicus
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I just want to say that I cried my eyes out because of the ending of chrno crusade, I started watching that serie thinking that it would be an happy ending to it, I didnīt think it was tragic for real until the end.
God I was surprised, or rather chocked, I fell really depressed now, I finished watching it for about 10 minutes ago.

I hope I will forget it after I have gone to sleep......

Did anyone else but me cry over the serie? or am I just a crybaby? Perhaps Im over sensitive.......For a guy at least......
Irinicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 07:59   Link #18
kokokokaka
Prince?
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: what if I told you the moon isn't made of cheese?
I read your rant vincentalexander.. It contains some good thoughts but instead of writing one long thought down as it comes, then read it again afterwards and put a bit more structure to it.. then it will be easier for others to read and you will probably also get a lot more credit for your work.. but anyway it contains some good spontanious thoughts you should just structure them a bit more for better reading comfort and easier understanding.. besides everyone who has talked about the ending has not mentioned the ending text.. the stuff where it is mentioned that the vatican first published information about saints in 2000 (roughly, can't remember it exactly) And i think maybe you should consider the man who shot the pope and called him self jesus (thus creating a big ruckus). I think he is the best "real life" symbol of aion because we know that stuff about aion wanting to become god and so on.
kokokokaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 22:02   Link #19
donald7777
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
the anime made almost no sense till i read the manga. it was a good show but with alot of flaws in it.
donald7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 08:35   Link #20
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: T dot Ohhhhhh
Age: 27
Read the manga, the manga had such a better ending, ahhh u see chrno's true strength and see him own many a demon.
__________________
"Hey Joe Rogan, there is something you don't know about me...i smoke rocks!!!"
Tyrone Biggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.