AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 42
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 1 4.00%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 6 24.00%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 6 24.00%
7 out of 10: Good... 8 32.00%
6 out of 10: Average... 0 0%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 2 8.00%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 4.00%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 4.00%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-31, 15:49   Link #81
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I don't care dude, promoting genocide is wrong. end.of.story.
Now you sound like Flit.

I don't care of other's opinion but my own.

That's just it an opinion. It is not as if Flit is charge of the Fed military anymore or in its chain of command.

In his entire career has even attacked a Vegan colony? No, has always targeted military combatants.

Goodness since you can't justify white knighting Ezelcant anymore you try to demonize Flit by his words not actions.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 16:13   Link #82
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Look, it doesn't matter that Flit hasn't attacked a Vagan colony yet, or hasn't "killed in cold blood" yet. He's going to do it eventually, or at the very least make the attempt. He wants all the Vagans dead. He and the Diva were assigned to take back the Luna base; instead he's trying to get Natora to obliterate it with a MAD just to kill the Vagans stationed there. It also hardly matters that he's no longer in the military or the chain of command--if you haven't realized yet, he mentored the current military leader Algreus. That gives him a bit of clout to get things done--like, say, arming the Diva with Plasma Diver missiles!

Revolutionist is not trying to demonize Flit nor is he trying to knight Ezelcant. He has stated--repeatedly--that NEITHER OF THEM ARE RIGHT. So please be courteous enough to stop trying to put words in his mouth, or in the mouths of anyone else who shares such views.
__________________

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2012-08-01 at 13:23.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 18:06   Link #83
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Now you sound like Flit.

I don't care of other's opinion but my own.

That's just it an opinion. It is not as if Flit is charge of the Fed military anymore or in its chain of command.

In his entire career has even attacked a Vegan colony? No, has always targeted military combatants.

Goodness since you can't justify white knighting Ezelcant anymore you try to demonize Flit by his words not actions.
Not really. First of all I'm not advocating any morally questionable things i.e genocide.
Secondly, I sympathize with Flit's losses and know where he's coming from, I understand him but I think his beliefs are inherently wrong. Flit doesn't sympathize with the Vagans at all, he doesn't understand them, or doesn't want to.
Third, I'm not white knighting Ezelcant. I've said that he is wrong and his actions are evil. Any leader that betrays his own people like he did by blowing up Vagan colonies and wastes the lives of his subordinates by extending conflict as he has done, is evil in my book. I don't waste my time too much on Ezelcant because it's pretty obvious he's evil. The tragedies in his life have led him to a dark path and he has done horrible things. Flit on the other hand has an army of white knights defending him at every turn and trying to justify genocide. Are you kidding me? Genocide is never justified, ever. It shouldn't even be a discussion. Both sides are wrong. That's the entire point.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 18:16   Link #84
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Not really. First of all I'm not advocating any morally questionable things i.e genocide.
Secondly, I sympathize with Flit's losses and know where he's coming from, I understand him but I think his beliefs are inherently wrong. Flit doesn't sympathize with the Vagans at all, he doesn't understand them, or doesn't want to.
Third, I'm not white knighting Ezelcant. I've said that he is wrong and his actions are evil. Any leader that betrays his own people like he did by blowing up Vagan colonies and wastes the lives of his subordinates by extending conflict as he has done, is evil in my book. I don't waste my time too much on Ezelcant because it's pretty obvious he's evil. The tragedies in his life have led him to a dark path and he has done horrible things. Flit on the other hand has an army of white knights defending him at every turn and trying to justify genocide. Are you kidding me? Genocide is never justified, ever. It shouldn't even be a discussion. Both sides are wrong. That's the entire point.
Saying =/= doing

and noone is defending genocide, people are defending Flit. Stop ignoring what people say. Read what they are writing or stop posting
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 19:12   Link #85
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Saying =/= doing

and noone is defending genocide, people are defending Flit. Stop ignoring what people say. Read what they are writing or stop posting
LOL. what?

no one is defending genocide, just defending the guy that's expressing his desire to commit genocide almost every episode? Okay...
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 22:15   Link #86
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
When exactly did I say that? Oh that's right, I didn't. You're just making crap up and attributing to me.

All I said is that wanting to exterminate an entire race is wrong. I guess that's uh, a radical new idea around here or something.

Your argument is basically that we can't condemn Flit's genocidal thoughts unless he actually goes out and starts killing innocent people? I guess racists shouldn't be condemned unless they act out and physically hurt people? Well NO, there are things that are socially acceptable to say and others that are not. Saying you want to exterminate a certain race is one of those that's inherently wrong. That's not open to interpretation.

"Oh but the other guys did X and Y, so it's OK for him to think that way" - NO, it's not . Two wrongs don't make a right.
Oh yes, you did. In my previous quote. You think Zeheart and Fram are right, because they aren't saying anything. They are just killing.

I have never said anything about genocide is right. Not once. All I said is you're putting down Flit while thinking people who are doing it are better if they shut their mouth, and in this case, you mentioned Zeheart.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 23:36   Link #87
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Flit: Kio, she's an enemy!

And the Captain Obvious award goes to...
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 23:58   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The funny thing I thought at the end of 42 was that there's all these X-Rounders freaking out and Asemu is probably left going "what?"

Kio really needs to start fighting his enemies and not just talking at them. It's not like I don't get his position, but no one is going to listen to someone who they can just beat on. If he wants to be Kira he needs to do more fighting and less talking. Disable your enemies and then you can nag at them all you want. Of course to be fair Kira had Lacus to do the talking. Kio's doing both jobs out there .

Now see Asemu is doing this the right way. He's attacking while making his point. He's not just sitting there letting Zeheart beat him up. Of course sadly the friend card is not working as well as one would hope. But it's a tough sell on a guy who has believed in Ezelcant for most of his life. Has to trust that friendship more and get that it's not Asemu's style to make things up.

Well some sympathy for Girard/Reina since that was a pretty bad situation. The federation must have been getting desperate if they are throwing away valuable test pilots for a currently unstable system. Clearly they just want those damn helmets the Vagans currently have.

Flit of course is adding to all the rage on the battlefield. He and Girard will make a good pair in battle. Pure hatred of the Federation and pure hatred of the Vagans. Both having valid reasons to be angry, losing love interests to the other side. The question being can either break free of their anger before it destroys them?

Edit: Wow reading the last 5 pages makes me think we could start a good war right now . I think both sides have been effectively 'dirtied' over this series. Stick to my thought that we have a lot of people like Girdard and Flit out there in this war. Both sides having losses and reasons to want to keep fighting to avenge those losses. Somehow going to have to convince both sides to put down the weapons before there isn't anyone left.
__________________

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2012-08-01 at 00:17.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 00:30   Link #89
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Now see Asemu is doing this the right way. He's attacking while making his point. He's not just sitting there letting Zeheart beat him up. Of course sadly the friend card is not working as well as one would hope. But it's a tough sell on a guy who has believed in Ezelcant for most of his life. Has to trust that friendship more and get that it's not Asemu's style to make things up.
Zeheart is so blinded by Ser Ezelcant, that he deliberately order to raze the city of Olivernotes just because one of the vegan planned civilian center attacks to create the fake Ezelcant Eden got delayed by Diva. So blinded that he can't even count right. No friend card could work on that kind of "misguided" person.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 00:39   Link #90
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Oh yes, you did. In my previous quote. You think Zeheart and Fram are right, because they aren't saying anything. They are just killing.

I have never said anything about genocide is right. Not once. All I said is you're putting down Flit while thinking people who are doing it are better if they shut their mouth, and in this case, you mentioned Zeheart.
I'm not saying they are right, I'm saying they're not evil per say. Zeheart did bomb the city, but until then all his kills were limited to enemy combatants. As for Fram Idk what you're smoking but she hasn't killed anyone yet, not even a grunt lol and here you are saying she's killing people left and right >_>
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 03:07   Link #91
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
When has anyone in Gundam actually been evil?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 03:44   Link #92
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Zeheart, if you don't want to listen to Asem, then change the channel.

Looking at what happened at the end of this episode, what if some of the real Girard's personality/emotion was implanted in Reina's psyche at the time of his death? Their X-Rounder ability were being amplified at the time. If that's what happened, maybe a major part of Reina's hate/anger is influenced by it. On the other hand, if that personality ended up being a kind one, maybe Reina will find peace in the end.

Of course, it may just be a simple glitch or an increase in Reina's ability. We'll know next episode.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 05:17   Link #93
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
I'm calling it now. Ezelcant is messing with all of their heads.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 09:33   Link #94
grss1982
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Why do I get the feeling that Spriggan was being played by the Federation and is now being played by the Vagans?
__________________
ARX-7 Arbalest
grss1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 10:35   Link #95
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
All the new machines has bits or funnels now
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 23:43   Link #96
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
The Kio talking nonsense is pathetic. Even worse than Kira.

Can't he just disable them first, then talk? They will surely listen better
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 23:50   Link #97
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
He's been trying to disable them, but Fram and Reina's control over bit weaponry and their own capabilities at dodging enemy fire is on par with Kio's, so he hasn't been successful. Plus, like when Kira fought Rey that last time, if he says the right phrase he might lower their guard so he CAN disable their units if given the chance and the need--though ideally I imagine he'd like their suits intact in case they choose to switch sides and help him end the war...
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 00:02   Link #98
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
though ideally I imagine he'd like their suits intact in case they choose to switch sides and help him end the war...
I think that is indeed what Kio's trying to do. He can't end the war in the way that he wants on his own.

Besides, there have been times where Kio could've disabled their suits.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 13:24   Link #99
EpyonHell
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
All the new machines has bits or funnels now
I noticed that. A Wakening of the Trailblazer, anyone?
EpyonHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 13:26   Link #100
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Funnel-type weaponry do tend to be ultimate weapons in many a Gundam franchise.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly episode discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.