AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-03, 01:07   Link #3201
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
though I won't be hoping so much that she too gets a comeuppance.
I second that, twintails+zettai Ryouki is to much of a sacred treasure to be befouled like that.

BTW, fighting over a Railgun VS Index discussion again? ... Why are you guys losing your time over such trivial matters. Fridge logic is bad for argumentations ... the problem is that he said the chapter was 20 pages!!
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 01:11   Link #3202
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I second that, twintails+zettai Ryouki is to much of a sacred treasure to be befouled like that.

*Recalled that Awaki got punched in the face and into the side of a building*


...I don't know, things sometime just happens.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 01:12   Link #3203
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Dude, you sound like this is your first time; New Testament covers Academy City, Hawaii, and a random snowy European city.
Yeah but Railgun explores more on Academy city which is something different.

Quote:
New Testament have BOTH Darkness Science and Magic, this is not debatable at all, it's a slam dunk.
ok

Quote:
New Testament have all three protagonists, Birdway, MORE Kiharas, Misaka Worst, Marian, and even the President of the United States of America as a playboy Rider.
So?


Quote:
If you think TWO city-wide military coup and various cyborg/mecha attacks are boring then by all means please tell me what is considered exciting to you.
You are describing NT4 which is what I said I liked.

You might be overreacting a bit.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 01:27   Link #3204
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Railgun is more consistently enjoyable because it focuses on one thing and does it well, unlike NT which jumps all over the place. It's perfectly valid to like Railgun more, because even if you also like bits of NT there might be other bits that annoy you and lower the average.

For example, let's say I really liked NT1 and particularly Shiage or something. It explored Academy City in great detail and the dark side of the city and all that. Ignoring NT2 which is basically a huge recap, Shiage has almost no role at all in NT3 and doesn't appear in NT4. I keep hoping for something to happen with him, but it doesn't. It doesn't mean the rest is bad, but it's not what I hoped for.

By contrast, if you like Railgun you know you're going to continue liking Railgun since it keeps the same themes throughout.
Clarste is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 01:32   Link #3205
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York, USA
Keep in mind that NT 3 and 4 were supposed to be like that to give the reader a better sense of the chaos that was taking place during the whole events. Also random thought, I don't know if this was said and sorry if it is spoilerish
Spoiler:
Welsh_Dragon is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 01:35   Link #3206
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post

By contrast, if you like Railgun you know you're going to continue liking Railgun since it keeps the same themes throughout.
Ironically there's a flipside to it- If you don't like Railgun before, you know you're never going to like Railgun ever because it's not going to do anything different.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 01:37   Link #3207
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is that so? What is it that we learned new about Academy City from Railgun then?
Well by now it's been so long but I like getting more involved with the science side. We are also exploring more into what the dark side of AC is up to in the current arc.



Quote:
So your point is moot.
No, I was just saying I like the characters more. Did you guys forget I said it was in my opinion of what I liked? If it makes you feel better I like Othinus for being an arrogant bitch.


Quote:
That's funny, because I'm also describing NT1 and NT3 which you apparently didn't like even though you've followed each update zealously.
I know you are but to me those were a bit more comical. I also can't stand Hamazura in the novels. And Touma coming back was anti climatic. Oh, and tbh i did not read NT3. I just heard from a couple of people it was not that awesome so I just went to the summary of it.

Quote:
And btw, you still didn't answer my question of what is your idea of exciting.
Oh jeez. It's kinda hard to list it. But lemme see.

Spoiler for List:

It's a fairly short list. It'd have to be a conversation to discuss the series I like and why I like em to really point em out. Also, less loli's. I don't mind em but Kamachi is introducing a few too many.

Quote:
Whew, I thought I might be overreacting alot.
Are you still over reacting though? I mean what I said wasn't a troll post.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 01:38   Link #3208
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Keep in mind that NT 3 and 4 were supposed to be like that to give the reader a better sense of the chaos that was taking place during the whole events.[/SPOILER]
Well, NT4 is a bit different, since it's obviously meant to evoke the same feeling as volume 15. It was mostly characters we didn't really know fighting other characters we didn't really know. Which is awesome, to me anyway.

NT3, however, just had way more characters than the plot could sustain. It's fine to go for "chaos" although I didn't get that feeling at all, but you could probably have cut the number of recurring characters in half without changing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ironically there's a flipside to it- If you don't like Railgun before, you know you're never going to like Railgun ever because it's not going to do anything different.
Um... how is that ironic?
Clarste is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 01:41   Link #3209
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
And it's not like kamachi.exe focuses only on the To Aru Verse.
judasmartel is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 02:00   Link #3210
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Well by now it's been so long but I like getting more involved with the science side. We are also exploring more into what the dark side of AC is up to in the current arc.
Again, we have an entire brand new cyborg faction of the Dark side, as well as more in-depth look at the Kihara family.

Essentially everything you look for in Railgun but done bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
No, I was just saying I like the characters more. Did you guys forget I said it was in my opinion of what I liked? If it makes you feel better I like Othinus for being an arrogant bitch.
Fair enough, I'm not going to argue preference.


Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I know you are but to me those were a bit more comical. I also can't stand Hamazura in the novels. And Touma coming back was anti climatic. Oh, and tbh i did not read NT3. I just heard from a couple of people it was not that awesome so I just went to the summary of it.
Yeah, that's always a good idea to make impressions from summaries.

I don't have much love for Hamazura, but I give credit when it's due. If you're going to pretend that everything else didn't exist for convenient sake well, that's the end of this discussion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Oh jeez. It's kinda hard to list it. But lemme see.

Spoiler for List:

It's a fairly short list. It'd have to be a conversation to discuss the series I like and why I like em to really point em out. Also, less loli's. I don't mind em but Kamachi is introducing a few too many.
- Railgun's villain now is totally topping the Kiharas I assume.
- Did you really not see the man vs Godzilla match?
- "Real sense of danger"... Erm, TWO military coups vs a handful of girls getting beaten up...
__________________

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-03 at 03:55.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 02:03   Link #3211
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Hmm... My only gripe about NT so far is that AC espers can't quite defeat let alone fight magicians on equal terms. Even Accelerator had a hard time against Cendrillon, and that's even when he's teaming up with pretty much everyone (Kamikoto, WORST, Shiage, and Umidori).

For once I want to see an esper actually defeat a magician. Touma doesn't really count, because he's neither.

I've read that mages were trained specifically to fight espers, but man, it seems technology is the only reason why AC still has an advantage over the Magic Side despite its enforcers getting Worfed by magicians.
judasmartel is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 02:11   Link #3212
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Hmm... My only gripe about NT so far is that AC espers can't quite defeat let alone fight magicians on equal terms. Even Accelerator had a hard time against Cendrillon, and that's even when he's teaming up with pretty much everyone (Kamikoto, WORST, Shiage, and Umidori).
Personally I blame Birdway for that particular incident. They needed to make her seem awesome quickly since she hadn't really done anything before, and the easiest way to do that is to make the rest of the characters seem temporarily incompetent.
Clarste is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 02:16   Link #3213
FallenHero
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel
Hmm... My only gripe about NT so far is that AC espers can't quite defeat let alone fight magicians on equal terms. Even Accelerator had a hard time against Cendrillon, and that's even when Cendrillon is outnumbered.
In fairness, Cendrillon had tailor made her spells to screw over Touma and friends. Heck, Accelerator almost got killed by some nameless mooks a little while later!
FallenHero is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 02:18   Link #3214
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I've read that mages were trained specifically to fight espers, but man, it seems technology is the only reason why AC still has an advantage over the Magic Side despite its enforcers getting Worfed by magicians.
Isn't that always the case? Academy City has always rely on technology over skill or numbers. Though if you think about it, even the Esper program is just another technological step up the chain

Technology will always improve, magic however seems harder to make that leap.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 02:25   Link #3215
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I second that, twintails+zettai Ryouki is to much of a sacred treasure to be befouled like that.
I don't mean it in that way. Actually, this is the kind of character I'd love a comeuppance even more, because it amuses me so. But I wonder if Kamachi is the kind to do that. Hope he does.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 02:26   Link #3216
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Also, Espers were never meant to fight anyone. From the start, they have been guinea pigs, or muses at best, for technological research. Academy City fights with technology because that's the result of everything they do (taking aside whatever Aleister is planning)
leukrota is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 02:28   Link #3217
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
In essence everybody got trolled by Kamachi.

It was never intended to be Magicians vs Espers.

The plan was always to be Magicians vs Scientists.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 03:56   Link #3218
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
The thread has become a real brawler between fans, how interesting (too me half an hour to read them) . Good thing it calmed down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I don't mean it in that way. Actually, this is the kind of character I'd love a comeuppance even more, because it amuses me so. But I wonder if Kamachi is the kind to do that. Hope he does.
I didn't know you were that kind of sadistic as well.
About that, I don't really think Kamachi is the kind of guy who brings divine retribution to a specific set of characters. He's really impartial about it, after all there's so much characters in the series who bit the dust (girls or not ... douche bags or not ... cool or not ... cute or not ... ) . Well, to put it bluntly there's as much chance he'll do it or won't ... but I hope he won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

*Recalled that Awaki got punched in the face and into the side of a building*


...I don't know, things sometime just happens.
Awaki doesn't even have socks, it's not even worth putting in the grade/class E (-w-") ... when I say Zettai Ryouki it's at least class A ... bellow aren't worth mentioning
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 08:23   Link #3219
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
*Decides not to kill Kami*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In essence everybody got trolled by Kamachi.

It was never intended to be Magicians vs Espers.

The plan was always to be Magicians vs Scientists.
LMAO true,

Though I think if a Magician vs Esper match did happen, another war might happen so it's best to be careful. Since they're always trying to be careful, if word spread that "An Esper beat a Magician" that would be a problem
__________________
He did not have extraordinary athletic ability.
He did not have the intellect or skill of a superhuman genius.
He did not have the fortune needed to run a nation.
He did not have the deductive ability to resolve any incident from his easy chair.
He did not have the beauty to ruin a country with a smile.
He did not have the political power to change history with a snap of his fingers.
He did not have the unbelievable power of a Level 5.
But…
Nevertheless… -


Last edited by Kenju of the Right; 2012-08-03 at 08:42.
Kenju of the Right is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 09:28   Link #3220
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Again, we have an entire brand new cyborg faction of the Dark side, as well as more in-depth look at the Kihara family.

Essentially everything you look for in Railgun but done bigger.
But railgun has been more darker.



Quote:
Fair enough, I'm not going to argue preference.
good.



Quote:
Yeah, that's always a good idea to make impressions from summaries.

I don't have much love for Hamazura, but I give credit when it's due. If you're going to pretend that everything else didn't exist for convenient sake well, that's the end of this discussion.
What?


Quote:
- Railgun's villain now is totally topping the Kiharas I assume.
- Did you really not see the man vs Godzilla match?
- "Real sense of danger"... Erm, TWO military coups vs a handful of girls getting beaten up...
-The current villain has just mind wiped a lot of people to be against Misaska including her friends. That's pretty super bitch tier. Btw don't compare NT4 in here because I liked it since it was like Volume 15. I have said I like NT4 the most out of them.
-Yes. Again, I liked NT4. It's not one I have my gripe against. (Besides the loli ninja but i can forget that.)
-Are you comparing NT4 again?
I_am_Kami is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.