AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-03, 17:33   Link #26781
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoshi1 View Post
Are we allowed to talk about sites and stuff for ordering gunpla? I'll spoiler, just in case(most sites with forums don't allow it, just being careful)

Spoiler for Just in case spoiler about shopping site:
i've bought around 35-40 kits ~ from HLJ, they have all arrived in perfect condition minus ONE shipment which ended up being my postal service's fault and not HLJ's. Excellent service, prices and shipping times. Highly recommended
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 18:29   Link #26782
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Thanks for the input, you two!

Placed my order, getting;
HG Z'Gok
HG Hy-Gogg
HG Zaku-II
HG Guncannon
Pair of Cutters

Also hunting for the HG Danazine at the moment, since HLJ doesn't have any right now.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 19:16   Link #26783
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoshi1 View Post
Thanks for the input, you two!

Placed my order, getting;
HG Z'Gok
HG Hy-Gogg
HG Zaku-II
HG Guncannon
Pair of Cutters

Also hunting for the HG Danazine at the moment, since HLJ doesn't have any right now.
Oh I personally wouldn't buy something like cutters from online unless really cheap or you really had the money to spare.
Not worth the extra money for shipping for something like cutters that can be bought at any local hobbycraft store.

Also if you do have the patience you might want wait for sales on HLJ.
I only buy at sales now cause I gotta save as many pennies as I can and you'll usually find a few items on sale that you'll like.
Altho gotta be quick, the good stuff tends to be snatched up pretty quickly.
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 19:36   Link #26784
Sworra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoshi1 View Post
Thanks for the input, you two!

Placed my order, getting;
HG Z'Gok
HG Hy-Gogg
HG Zaku-II
HG Guncannon
Pair of Cutters

Also hunting for the HG Danazine at the moment, since HLJ doesn't have any right now.
Try Gundam Planet and Hobbywave. They are North American companies like HLJ, you might have some luck there.
__________________
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 20:03   Link #26785
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Oh I personally wouldn't buy something like cutters from online unless really cheap or you really had the money to spare.
Not worth the extra money for shipping for something like cutters that can be bought at any local hobbycraft store.

Also if you do have the patience you might want wait for sales on HLJ.
I only buy at sales now cause I gotta save as many pennies as I can and you'll usually find a few items on sale that you'll like.
Altho gotta be quick, the good stuff tends to be snatched up pretty quickly.
Unfortunately, I have no hobby shops in my area that carry cutters, and searching stores for a substitute turned up nothin'

As for stuff being snatched up quickly, the Z'Gok I wanted is now listed as Low Stock in my Open Orders. They haven't even taken the money from the Paypal yet, but I'll give it time, as this is my first time with them.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 22:15   Link #26786
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoshi1 View Post
Thanks for the input, you two!

Placed my order, getting;
HG Z'Gok
HG Hy-Gogg
HG Zaku-II
HG Guncannon
Pair of Cutters

Also hunting for the HG Danazine at the moment, since HLJ doesn't have any right now.
Can the Guncannon hold those 3 Zeonic suits on your shelf?
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 05:09   Link #26787
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Age: 21
It will try, until the Blue Destiny Unit 2 shows up.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 08:47   Link #26788
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Despite my hatred of the Beginning Gundam's and their designs I grabbed the Original off of HLJ since it was only 10 bucks.

Also grabbed the MG ReZL since it was 45% off. Slowly but surely I'm getting all the Unicorn MG's.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 09:25   Link #26789
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Despite my hatred of the Beginning Gundam's and their designs I grabbed the Original off of HLJ since it was only 10 bucks.

Also grabbed the MG ReZL since it was 45% off. Slowly but surely I'm getting all the Unicorn MG's.
i got the ReZEL when it was 45% off as well^^ its a great model, especially when you get it with a discount like that. have fun with it!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 08:38   Link #26790
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gundam AGE-1 グランサ(Grandsa)


So the Full Armor variant of the Age-1 Flat is the Grandsa.
Looks like a mesh between Age-1 Flat and the Age-3 Fortress.

I hope to see a MG of this along with the Age-1 Flat w/ Zefuld Launcher x2.


__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 09:02   Link #26791
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
So quiet....
Guess Iíll share some pics here.

Just finished building my MG 00 7-Sword too.



Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for Comparison:
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 09:13   Link #26792
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
nice built Obelisk ze Tormentor

doing RG Justice....left the decal ling before putting up the pictures ^^
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 09:20   Link #26793
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
@Obelisk ze Tormentor
Good stuff.

.
.
.

By the way, have you guys checked out my YouTube page and my blog?
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 09:31   Link #26794
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I thought of something...

In regards the MG line of Age kits, basically I think that these are the only ones that are likely to be done...

MG Age-1 Flat
MG Age-1 Flat
MG Age-1 Flat (w/ Zefuld Launcher)
MG Age-1 Flat (w/ Grandsa armor)
MG Age-2 Normal --> confirmed
MG Age-2 Double Bullet
MG Age-2 Normal Special Ops
MG Age-2 Darkhound
MG Age-3 Normal
MG Age-3 Fortress
MG Age-3 Orbital
MG Age-FX

I was looking at this idea and thought.. What if Bandai were to just release the parts for the variations instead of releasing entire kits?

Meaning..

Double Bullet.

Bandai releases a Double Bullet add-on pack only. If we want the Double Bullet, then we get the add on pack as well as another Age-2 Normal.

So the kits in bold on the list are the ones that get a full MG release.
So it would be 7 releases with 5 add on pack releases.
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 14:27   Link #26795
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
is there one certain site where gunpla releases come up on a regular basis? im waiting for the Zeidar/Zeydar (Medel Zant) to come out.
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 15:04   Link #26796
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
is there one certain site where gunpla releases come up on a regular basis? im waiting for the Zeidar/Zeydar (Medel Zant) to come out.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/ is a pretty goos source for that.
the "future releases" page on HLJ works pretty well, too: http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist/?...&GenreCode=gun
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 04:25   Link #26797
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
I thought of something...

I was looking at this idea and thought.. What if Bandai were to just release the parts for the variations instead of releasing entire kits?

Meaning..

Double Bullet.

Bandai releases a Double Bullet add-on pack only. If we want the Double Bullet, then we get the add on pack as well as another Age-2 Normal.

So the kits in bold on the list are the ones that get a full MG release.
So it would be 7 releases with 5 add on pack releases.
I've thought about that too, like weapon packs (7-sword) for 00, but it seems that bandai did that in the past (B-club?) and the weapon packs/hand packs/head packs didn't sell well?

or maybe force them to release a MG Blast Impulse at gunpoint.

Anyways, Soemone should mail Bandai about that. lol, we might be on to something here.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 07:51   Link #26798
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
I've thought about that too, like weapon packs (7-sword) for 00, but it seems that bandai did that in the past (B-club?) and the weapon packs/hand packs/head packs didn't sell well?

or maybe force them to release a MG Blast Impulse at gunpoint.

Anyways, Soemone should mail Bandai about that. lol, we might be on to something here.
The thing is, I also thought about what they've been doing with SD compared to MG with the Age series.

Like how w/ the AGE SD's, they had all the packs included with 1 box, but the MG we got them all individually.

Just hoping that with the MG Age series, we get them all eventually... All as in

MG Age-1 Normal
MG Age-1 Titus
MG Age-1 Sparrow
MG Age-1 Flat
MG Age-1 Flat w/ Zefuld Launcher
MG Age-1 Flat Grandsa
MG Age-2 Normal
MG Age-2 Double Bullet
MG Age-2 Normal Special Ops ver.
MG Age-2 Darkhound
MG Age-3 Normal
MG Age-3 Fortress
MG Age-3 Orbital
MG Age-FX

Well so far we have 3 out of 14 ...21.14%... And the MG Age-2 Normal is confirmed so that's 4 we'll have out of the 14.
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 08:30   Link #26799
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
about addon packs, they probably wont do that for a simple reason: only those who actually bought the AGE-2 Normal for example would buy the double bullet addon.
not to mention that a pack like that would essentially contain over 50% of the pieces of a regular MG. might as well add the other pieces as well.

and an AC series with 14 MG releases? yeah, right! XD even OO only had 4 major MG releases plus a couple of variations, even though it was crazy popular.
even seed and seed destiny have a COMBINED MG count of 16 as far as i know. and its been 10 years since seed aired! demanding 14 MGs from AGE is just completely unrealistic. i mean, 6 out of the 14 in your list are AGE-1 variations... why?

these are the ones that i think are likely:
MG Age-1 Normal
MG Age-1 Titus
MG Age-1 Sparrow
MG Age-2 Normal
MG Age-2 Double Bullet
MG Age-3 Normal
MG Age-3 Fortress
MG Age-3 Orbital
MG Age-FX

the rest MIGHT get a release as online exclusives.

and remember, i said those are LIKELY.
there isnt even any word on the MG double bullet or ANY MG AGE-3 variations yet.
it took three years until they released the MG OO raiser after the second season of OO aired for example.

if they really want to release all these kits they will drag it out over the next couple of years for sure. but dont expect anything beyond the main gundams any time soon.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 08:41   Link #26800
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
about addon packs, they probably wont do that for a simple reason: only those who actually bought the AGE-2 Normal for example would buy the double bullet addon.
not to mention that a pack like that would essentially contain over 50% of the pieces of a regular MG. might as well add the other pieces as well.

and an AC series with 14 MG releases? yeah, right! XD even OO only had 4 major MG releases plus a couple of variations, even though it was crazy popular.
even seed and seed destiny have a COMBINED MG count of 16 as far as i know. and its been 10 years since seed aired! demanding 14 MGs from AGE is just completely unrealistic. i mean, 6 out of the 14 in your list are AGE-1 variations... why?

these are the ones that i think are likely:
MG Age-1 Normal
MG Age-1 Titus
MG Age-1 Sparrow
MG Age-2 Normal
MG Age-2 Double Bullet
MG Age-3 Normal
MG Age-3 Fortress
MG Age-3 Orbital
MG Age-FX

the rest MIGHT get a release as online exclusives.

and remember, i said those are LIKELY.
there isnt even any word on the MG double bullet or ANY MG AGE-3 variations yet.
it took three years until they released the MG OO raiser after the second season of OO aired for example.

if they really want to release all these kits they will drag it out over the next couple of years for sure. but dont expect anything beyond the main gundams any time soon.
Like I said...

MG Age-1 Normal
MG Age-1 Titus
MG Age-1 Sparrow

MG Age-1 Flat
MG Age-1 Flat w/ Zefuld Launcher
MG Age-1 Flat Grandsa

MG Age-2 Normal
MG Age-2 Double Bullet
MG Age-2 Normal Special Ops ver.
MG Age-2 Darkhound
MG Age-3 Normal
MG Age-3 Fortress
MG Age-3 Orbital
MG Age-FX


Gray = already out/confirmed to come out
Red = likely to come out after Age finishes airing an online exclusive or regular release (maybe have parts for all 3 wears so people end up buying 3x of it to display all 3 forms)
Blue = Online exclusive IMO
Green = likely to come out

And your example of Gundam 00 MG's...

MG Exia
MG Exia Ignition Mode
MG Exia Trams Am
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 Raiser 7 Sword G
MG 00 Qan[T]
MG GN-X

That's 4 different MG's and 3 variations for a total of 7 kits. An MG Exia R2 and MG 00 Qan[T] ELS ver. might come out later.

But my point is with Age, we mostly see variation kits and not "different" kits. Meaning...

Type 1
MG Age-1 Normal
MG Age-1 Titus
MG Age-1 Sparrow
MG Age-1 Flat
MG Age-1 Flat w/ Zefuld Launcher
MG Age-1 Flat Grandsa

Type 2
MG Age-2 Normal
MG Age-2 Double Bullet
MG Age-2 Normal Special Ops ver.
MG Age-2 Darkhound

Type 3
MG Age-3 Normal
MG Age-3 Fortress
MG Age-3 Orbital

Type 4
MG Age-FX

So it's like 4 different kits (or wish list kits), with 10 variations.

Which means:

a. the kits are very similar to each of the variations and different kits. --> low cost of production
b. the kits themselves are like slightly better quality in 1/100 scale, High Grade kits --> low cost of production

So I see it logical and very well possible to see all 14 of these come out in MG.
__________________
水遁 六百二十九

Last edited by suiton629; 2012-08-06 at 08:52.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.