AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 05
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 35 22.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 41 26.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 29 18.95%
7 out of 10 : Good... 30 19.61%
6 out of 10 : Average... 8 5.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 2 1.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 4 2.61%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.65%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 2 1.31%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-04, 16:18   Link #41
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Yea, I agree with Kirito's thing about not letting the NPCs be bait lol. No wonder he's a solo player and usually sees himself as being anti-social.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:22   Link #42
styr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Spoiler for Stuff from the LN:
I know, right? First they show the 56th floor boss meeting but not the most exciting part of it, and then they didn't show the noodle scene? Blasphemy!
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:23   Link #43
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Only watched the first few seconds, but what the hell? That's what Kirito's disagreeing with?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:24   Link #44
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
The book did a better job with it, but in essence the bigger towns are on the more 'important' floors (0, 25, 50). Also, the more popular places become those with the better goods / service access. If everyone spends most of their time in the biggest town that was most recently cleared that becomes the new central hub. And if you consider other MMO's, you 'live' where you buy your house. You probably wouldn't buy a new home every level. So you either go back however many levels to your house, or rent an inn room every night for money.
Ah, I see. The episode makes a lot more sense now. So, even though the top players are at least on the 70s, floor-wise (last episode, it was stated they were at least), everyone hangs out in the 50s, because that's where the masses are, and presumably the floor bosses respawn, thus the top players need to return and kill them over and over again to help out the lower level players?

Ok, I'm actually still a little confused, since we just had an episode that had several primary purposes, one of which was to highlight how overleveling can making things easy, yet Asuna is acting like clearing this floor in the 50s is hard work, despite us knowing that at least in the last episode, the top players are already 3/4th of their way up the tower.

Gah, my head hurts.

Unless what players like Asuna are doing are just organizing and lending advice, while letting the level appropriate players handle clearing the dungeons and the floor boss?

Last edited by creb; 2012-08-04 at 16:29. Reason: added tags to quote
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:26   Link #45
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Edit: Lastly, I'm so glad this thread continues to be all about comparisons with the LN when we have had a thread for just that for three episodes.
Well, given that they already know the plot, it (unfortunately?) seems that they have little to say except to compare it to the book. But then again, given that this is mystery plot, it's probably better to stay quiet than to give anything away.

That said, the rest of your post has a lot of points that can probably be "answered" by novel readers and I again just want to remind the novel readers to keep their mouths shut in this thread.

As for the episode itself, my main thought was "keep her away from that window!", though for a slightly different reason than what ended up happening.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:27   Link #46
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I think the lesson here is to not name your guild after the apple of discord. That's just asking for trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
So....this is Asuna's first time ever playing an MMO, and she goes on to become the second-in-command of one of the strongest front-line guilds? Call me skeptical, but that sounds VERY unlikely in most cases. Then again several years have passed in these episodes, so if her position was only recently granted it's a bit more believable.
There's an explanation that's almost certain not to be animated. Ask for it in the Q&A thread if you're interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Only watched the first few seconds, but what the hell? That's what Kirito's disagreeing with?
It's more understandable if you read the relevant story (Material Edition 1).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:33   Link #47
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lurking
Age: 25
That was unexpected when Kirito saw Asuna wake up. It should be Kirito paying for the meal, not the other way round.

The music that was used when Yuroko got stab near the end did not really fit.
__________________


Current Sig
Sinanju (Poco)

Last Sig
Hatsune Miku


MyAnimeList
Anime List
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:33   Link #48
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Ah, I see. The episode makes a lot more sense now. So, even though the top players are at least on the 70s, floor-wise (last episode, it was stated they were at least), everyone hangs out in the 50s, because that's where the masses are, and presumably the floor bosses respawn, thus the top players need to return and kill them over and over again to help out the lower level players?
Actually I think they're on the 59th floor at this time. The EP pretty clearly states they're on that floor... and I doubt Kirito would randomly take a nap very far away from the front lines.

I don't recall which floor they were on last ep (35th?) but just because Kirito is level 70+ doesn't mean the currently floor is in the 70's. The anime has spent a bit of time hinting that folks typically heavily overlevel the current floor's content for safety, and Kirito as a solo player would have to seriously overlevel the content to survive solo.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:34   Link #49
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
yet Asuna is acting like clearing this floor in the 50s is hard work
Did they say that boss they were going to fight was on that floor (56)? They held the meeting there but it doesn't mean that was the floor they were going to clear.

I could be wrong though. We need the novel readers to clear this up for us *hint*
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:36   Link #50
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Did they say that boss they were going to fight was on that floor (56)? They held the meeting there but it doesn't mean that was the floor they were going to clear.

I could be wrong though. We need the novel readers to clear this up for us *hint*
The boss clearing scene was held on the 56th floor, the nap was on the 59th floor. There's also a March to April time skip from watching the opening minutes of the show... so... totally different scenes.

March 6, 2024 Floor 56: Pani
Boss clearing strategy meeting.

April 11, 2024 Floor: Danac
Kirito taking a nap.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:38   Link #51
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Only problem with this episode is that I wish they would have expanded more on the issue of the NPCs.

It was really interesting to me to see Kirito (who views the lives of NPCs are just as precious as an actual person) and Asuna (who views NPCs as just programs that will eventually respawn if killed)

Hopefully they bring the issue up again.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:38   Link #52
Deltaray
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Did they say that boss they were going to fight was on that floor (56)? They held the meeting there but it doesn't mean that was the floor they were going to clear.

I could be wrong though. We need the novel readers to clear this up for us *hint*
Yes they were clearing floor 56 dungeon, and front line is in floor 59 as in this episode, if my memory serves right.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:38   Link #53
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Asuna is back at last...!!! Asuna-chan wa kawaii...

The "sleeping on the grass scene " was so cheesy and sweet that I could melt just seeing them together and also Asuna getting embarrassed by it... They're an owesome pair indeed.

About the killings, it really change the mood after half the episode.. the weapon used fro the killing seemed designed so its hard for anyone to pull it out.

The next episode might become darker again....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:41   Link #54
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Anime World
Age: 19
Oh Asuna how you have quickly grown! From the first episode where you were the quiet, lone wolf type, into the commanding player that's not afraid to say how she feels. She was definitely her same old usual cute self though, that's for sure, the gif a few pages ago proves it

Haha, and it appears Asuna is better known than Kirito on the upper levels. Perhaps because she's always sticking up there and Kirito is in the lower levels at times. That would make sense, keeping one commander on the top levels just in case.

Kirito and Asuna must have a lot of cofidence in themselves if they decided to sleep outdoors, vulnerable where any higher up killer could attack them. There's no telling who's still out there and if they're friendly or foe. As Asuna mentioned, PK (Player Killers) can easily make you accept a duel when you're asleep.

Damn, poor Yoruko, even in a game the experiances are still equally frightening The game really is just like real life, motives, revenge, mystery, insanity etc etc. It was all too much for her to handle. I just knew as soon as she sat on that window seal what was going to happen

This anime is the type of anime I could probably watch all day and never get tired off it. It's really tempting to just leave off at this point and wait for it to finish, then spend the day watching every episode with satisfaction. At the same time, I enjoy discussion the new episodes with everyone and the anime is just like a drug, I see it, I must watch it
__________________
Gintaro from Gingitsune
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:44   Link #55
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
Actually I think they're on the 59th floor at this time. The EP pretty clearly states they're on that floor... and I doubt Kirito would randomly take a nap very far away from the front lines.

I don't recall which floor they were on last ep (35th?) but just because Kirito is level 70+ doesn't mean the currently floor is in the 70's. The anime has spent a bit of time hinting that folks typically heavily overlevel the current floor's content for safety, and Kirito as a solo player would have to seriously overlevel the content to survive solo.
While Kirito's level was also in the 70s, the female leader of the pk guild clearly stated last episode that the lead groups of players were in the 70s floor-wise as well, when she scoffed at the idea that such a person like Kirito would be all the way back on the floor they were currently on (which was in the high 40s or low 50s?)

Unless the translations failed horribly.

Or did we time skip backwards between last episode and this one? I admit I haven't paid the most attention to the dates at the beginning of each episode, and have assumed we're just continuously skipping forward.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:50   Link #56
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Oh Asuna how you have quickly grown! From the first episode where you were the quiet, lone wolf type, into the commanding player that's not afraid to say how she feels. She was definitely her same old usual cute self though, that's for sure, the gif a few pages ago proves it

Haha, and it appears Asuna is better known than Kirito on the upper levels. Perhaps because she's always sticking up there and Kirito is in the lower levels at times. That would make sense, keeping one commander on the top levels just in case.

Kirito and Asuna must have a lot of cofidence in themselves if they decided to sleep outdoors, vulnerable where any higher up killer could attack them. There's no telling who's still out there and if they're friendly or foe. As Asuna mentioned, PK (Player Killers) can easily make you accept a duel when you're asleep.

Damn, poor Yoruko, even in a game the experiances are still equally frightening The game really is just like real life, motives, revenge, mystery, insanity etc etc. It was all too much for her to handle. I just knew as soon as she sat on that window seal what was going to happen

This anime is the type of anime I could probably watch all day and never get tired off it. It's really tempting to just leave off at this point and wait for it to finish, then spend the day watching every episode with satisfaction. At the same time, I enjoy discussion the new episodes with everyone and the anime is just like a drug, I see it, I must watch it
It really is an addictive show. And I agree it makes for great discussions.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:52   Link #57
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Haha, and it appears Asuna is better known than Kirito on the upper levels. Perhaps because she's always sticking up there and Kirito is in the lower levels at times. That would make sense, keeping one commander on the top levels just in case.
Too much attention attracts both fans and foe. Kirito is wise for not making himself too familiar to anyone....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:53   Link #58
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I'm gonna be crazy with this episode... I have to repeat every moment with Kirito and Asuna .



Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:54   Link #59
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
While Kirito's level was also in the 70s, the female leader of the pk guild clearly stated last episode that the lead groups of players were in the 70s floor-wise as well, when she scoffed at the idea that such a person like Kirito would be all the way back on the floor they were currently on (which was in the high 40s or low 50s?)

Unless the translations failed horribly.

Or did we time skip backwards between last episode and this one? I admit I haven't paid the most attention to the dates at the beginning of each episode, and have assumed we're just continuously skipping forward.
Just watched the discussion between Kirito and the PK group at the tail end of the last ep... Kirito says that he is lvl78... but no one seems to talk about what level the current clearing group is on.

I didn't watch the full episode, there's probably a time stamp in there somewhere (35th Floor: Miche is where it starts), but since Kirito's gear is mostly unchanged I'd assume not much time has passed? Apparently the 47th floor is where the dungeon with the rare item flower thingie for beast tamer's is.

Kirito also stated his house was on the 50th floor in that episode.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:55   Link #60
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Too much attention attracts both fans and foe. Kirito is wise for not making himself too familiar to anyone....
True, that way he won't have to worry about people coming after him and his friends getting hurt.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.