AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-07, 10:47   Link #81
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeirin View Post
That yellow-haired girl looks like the kind who's gonna die early, with one of her limbs chopped off.
oh please no Erobuchi please, i had enough of his guro fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Nanoha and Madoka are examples of Mahou Shoujo shows aimed at males.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
nanoha and madoka, you could even add precure that has males as a secondary target, I am expecting something more like moetan.
while to the female side *cough* Gundam Wing, SEED, 00 & Macross Frontier? *cough*
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 10:58   Link #82
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
I think it's safe to say that in today's market, pretty much every Mahou Shoujo that's not specifically for kids is aimed at males.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 11:42   Link #83
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 22
Other than that, I must be smoking something weird ... I used to think Nanoha was focused a lot on the fightings, but after reading that post I'm wondering if it's just me -_-"
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 16:58   Link #84
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
lol, sorry, it came out inverted I meant that I have not seen one that is not focused on the fighting, hence the madoka/nanoha/precure reference.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 17:00   Link #85
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
lol, sorry, it came out inverted I meant that I have not seen one that is not focused on the fighting, hence the madoka/nanoha/precure reference.
Give at least Uta-Kata a try and it's a pretty good male-oriented magical girl that do not focuses on fighting.
Anyways, seems like the countdown announcement will lasts in a day before tomorrow.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 03:11   Link #86
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 22
^ sounds interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
lol, sorry, it came out inverted I meant that I have not seen one that is not focused on the fighting, hence the madoka/nanoha/precure reference.
Oh I see, (also my bad for not understanding the process you used) now I understand why you mentioned Moetan ... indeed I've rarely seen that as well
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 10:11   Link #87
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
My phasing was poor when I am tired, as english is my second language and my phrasing still does not come out naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Give at least Uta-Kata a try and it's a pretty good male-oriented magical girl that do not focuses on fighting.
Anyways, seems like the countdown announcement will lasts in a day before tomorrow.
thanks, will do so.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 10:22   Link #88
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 22
^ don't worry about that, sir, we're on the same boat.
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 09:46   Link #89
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Anime visuals revealed :
http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/ya...er2d721549.jpg
http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/ya...er2d721548.jpg
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 09:53   Link #90
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
That 2nd pic... if the actual animated visuals look like THAT, then we're in for a treat

Even if it isn't though, it's still quite pleasant to look at. I mean Dem Armpi-

*is shot*
__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 10:00   Link #91
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yeah, that 2nd Pic is impressive. It's very captivating.

And while it would be crazy to try to determine how light/dark a show is from a lone screenshot, I do find at least one thing telling about this pic - The magical girl familiar. He seems to be pretty emotionally cheering on the girls here. Hardly Kyubey-esque...
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 10:26   Link #92
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That 2nd pic... if the actual animated visuals look like THAT, then we're in for a treat

Even if it isn't though, it's still quite pleasant to look at. I mean Dem Armpi-

*is shot*
it's shaft, so of course it's gonna have that same quality, and the shot will last 15 seconds while we hear the character's inner toughts.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 10:50   Link #93
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
it's shaft, so of course it's gonna have that same quality, and the shot will last 15 seconds while we hear the character's inner toughts.
Forget not the lingering shots over the characters' legs.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 11:06   Link #94
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, that 2nd Pic is impressive. It's very captivating.

And while it would be crazy to try to determine how light/dark a show is from a lone screenshot, I do find at least one thing telling about this pic - The magical girl familiar. He seems to be pretty emotionally cheering on the girls here. Hardly Kyubey-esque...
What's he cheering them to do, is the question.

"Let's save the world!"

or

"Let's go kill people!"

or, creepiest of all,

"Let's save the world by killing people."

Happy cheerful magical pet is potentially a lot worse than Kyuubey.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 11:37   Link #95
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Hancock's Heart


I'm liking the green-haired girl already. The purple-haired and red-haired girls look somewhat irritating. They look like tsunderes. Uggh.
__________________
www.gifreducer.com/upld/gen/IXzHGD/32-nodither.gif
Faberry
Quinn and Rachel
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 12:05   Link #96
Warm Mist
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
That screenshot really sets the tone of the show in my opinion, and I don't see them pulling that "lol nope, it was a feint" thing again.

I want to see red fighting with her fists animated in SHAFT style.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 12:53   Link #97
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post


I'm liking the green-haired girl already. The purple-haired and red-haired girls look somewhat irritating. They look like tsunderes. Uggh.
Yeah, but this is a magical girl show. The likelihood of there being a character worth calling "male lead" is pretty slim. When not given a male lead to interact with, tsunderes are just slightly fiery/temperamental girls with real zest. It's like the difference between Sana in Mashifony and Kyouko in Madoka Magica.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
I want to see red fighting with her fists animated in SHAFT style.
Agreed, especially since Red has something akin to the Power Glove from what I can recall of one picture. Watching a magical girl who's main attack is punching things could be fun!
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 12:53   Link #98
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, that 2nd Pic is impressive. It's very captivating.

And while it would be crazy to try to determine how light/dark a show is from a lone screenshot, I do find at least one thing telling about this pic - The magical girl familiar. He seems to be pretty emotionally cheering on the girls here. Hardly Kyubey-esque...
It's the cheerful ones you have to worry about:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 13:00   Link #99
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
...Some people here are going to be in for a huge letdown if this show isn't as dark as Madoka Magica, aren't they?
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 13:10   Link #100
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, but this is a magical girl show. The likelihood of there being a character worth calling "male lead" is pretty slim. When not given a male lead to interact with, tsunderes are just slightly fiery/temperamental girls with real zest. It's like the difference between Sana in Mashifony and Kyouko in Madoka Magica.
Romantic lead. There are plenty of yuri tsunderes too.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.