AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-08, 05:45   Link #2701
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I guess in the end he will have to use the [Raptor] incarnation.
By the way in hints big time in this volume that he will use the Kusanagi sword in the future or to be more specific in the next volume
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 05:46   Link #2702
fazri
blacksun king
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jakarta,indonesia
yeah we happy as long there some translation ongoing.
well we will more happy if the translation on steady pace but IRL more important so take your time.
__________________
fazri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 07:15   Link #2703
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Oh yeah I'm just thinking...if we considering character from other series isn't kratos would be the strongest champione ever, he did killed so many god, from Persephone to ares even Zeus...I'm not even surprised if kratos is the one champione that is sealed by some lady by sacrificing herself in the past...I wonder how...kiss or even more hehe...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 07:34   Link #2704
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Oh yeah I'm just thinking...if we considering character from other series isn't kratos would be the strongest champione ever, he did killed so many god, from Persephone to ares even Zeus...I'm not even surprised if kratos is the one champione that is sealed by some lady by sacrificing herself in the past...I wonder how...kiss or even more hehe...
Well, maybe Kratos is the prototype for all campiones. After all, he opened the Pandora's Box to kill Ares. The first mortal to ever kill a god.

Seeing Goudo's behavior. He's definitely NOT a peaceful person. It pisses me off seeing how he claiming to be peaceful when he's really a competitive person.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 08:16   Link #2705
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
With me translating vol 12, the waiting is more like the kind of waiting you do when trying to check in luggage at a big international airport during summer break, then waiting in a long line at security, then you are waiting for your plane to start boarding. Suddenly the announcement comes on the intercom saying that your flight has been delayed for 5 hours and eventually it gets cancelled after waiting those 5 hours....ok not to the point of getting cancelled. Have faith in me, it will get done even if it kills me.
Well there still a long way to get to vol 12, so take you time, but not too slowly.
__________________
Sorry, Image unavailable. Only awesome people can see it.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 08:22   Link #2706
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
It's basically his mind which is want a peaceful life versus emotion that wish to fight, dominate,etc normally his mind win, but especially when there is a strong opponent his emotion win out, after all he is an athlete once plus maybe he's affected by veretghrana after all he is god of war...

P.s : now you say it...that explain why every champione is so damn aggressive after all the one that open pandora box is kratos, especially godou his authority also god of war similar to him haha
Too bad godou don't have Athena's blade
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 10:02   Link #2707
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
It's basically his mind which is want a peaceful life versus emotion that wish to fight, dominate,etc normally his mind win, but especially when there is a strong opponent his emotion win out, after all he is an athlete once plus maybe he's affected by veretghrana after all he is god of war...

P.s : now you say it...that explain why every champione is so damn aggressive after all the one that open pandora box is kratos, especially godou his authority also god of war similar to him haha
Too bad godou don't have Athena's blade
It's true, the flip side though is that's what partially makes him lovable to people like Yuri. He's a "gentle" king (at least due to his reason) that isn't obsessed with fighting or strength.

That being said, all the other Campiones and all the Gods agree, it's not possible for someone who hates conflict and competition to become a Campione in the first place. Makes me wonder how JPS became one? I have a feeling mysterious artifacts played a big role in Voban and JPS's victories as well..

I'd like to see him "master" certain of his abilities more though. Like, learn some damn martial arts or sword skills -- and then learn to use them in combination with the raptor. If Alec could do precise motions with his super speed, so can you, Godou. Big whiny baby!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 10:11   Link #2708
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
In a sense in another perspective Godou could be seen as:
A king who doesn't want anyone to trespass on his territory no matter who they are (Campione or God, ).
A king who collects all the beauty he could find even at the cost of fighting others for it.
(Erica and Lilliana are basically belonged to the other Campione before Godou)
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 11:00   Link #2709
dithar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
It's true, the flip side though is that's what partially makes him lovable to people like Yuri. He's a "gentle" king (at least due to his reason) that isn't obsessed with fighting or strength.

That being said, all the other Campiones and all the Gods agree, it's not possible for someone who hates conflict and competition to become a Campione in the first place. Makes me wonder how JPS became one? I have a feeling mysterious artifacts played a big role in Voban and JPS's victories as well..

I'd like to see him "master" certain of his abilities more though. Like, learn some damn martial arts or sword skills -- and then learn to use them in combination with the raptor. If Alec could do precise motions with his super speed, so can you, Godou. Big whiny baby!
I would love to see how the other become campiones.
I'd like see that too that would make him quite a badass, but he just clearly stated that he won't learn any..

@kazzuya13
the word "belong to" sound like erica and lily are toni's girls...lol.
They just work for him since he is their country's campione and they have never swore loyalty individually. right?
but i agree with ur view in how other will view him though.
i would like to see a short story about his rumor in magic world, how other ppl view him..etc.
dithar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 11:15   Link #2710
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Well the narrative sets Godou up as a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to his desire to not learn martial arts or magic. He says he doesn't want to learn martial arts because he doesn't want to harm anyone, but sees no problem with using a divine solar flare on them?!? As for magic being strange, he is far weirder.

His opposition is bound to wear down eventually. Since he has the Kusanagi sword, its kind of a waste to not make use of it.
bludvein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 11:22   Link #2711
Kadi
知識の探求者
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I see a problem with learning magic... One of the basic magics he could learn is physical strengthening, like what Erica uses to control him. But getting strong is the domain of the bull. Getting super-human strength in another way will limit the usefulness of the bull and make it harder to use it convincingly.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 11:31   Link #2712
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
The bull would still be useful. Physical strengthening is impressive, but its not even close to the level of an authority in this series. I mean, Godou with the bull can pick up the wall of a building or toss a steel lion like a toy.
bludvein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 11:46   Link #2713
Kadi
知識の探求者
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
True, but I think he'll be able to do the same with regular magical strengthening, just by pouring ten time the magical energy into the spell than Erica could ever hope to do. Plus it's easier to use. Of course normal magic doesn't have the scaling ability of the Bull, but...


And for those who want Godou to use the Raptor as easily/well as Alec uses his super-speed: It's not that easy. Alec had to train for a long time so he could make minute adjustments while godspeeding.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:20   Link #2714
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
True, but I think he'll be able to do the same with regular magical strengthening, just by pouring ten time the magical energy into the spell than Erica could ever hope to do. Plus it's easier to use. Of course normal magic doesn't have the scaling ability of the Bull, but...
That's an interesting dilemma with regards to the Bull. So for literary reasons, the author has a reason to make it so he never does that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
And for those who want Godou to use the Raptor as easily/well as Alec uses his super-speed: It's not that easy. Alec had to train for a long time so he could make minute adjustments while godspeeding.
Right, I agree that it's hard. But knowing it can be done should be encouraging? Then again, that ASSUMES you're trying to get stronger in the first place. Godou seems to be of the mindset "oh it can't be done, too bad so sad" when it comes to the Raptor.

I'm amused that the story continually says: "Training in a normal way is useless! It won't be of any significance in a fight between Gods/Campiones!" -- and then Godou continuously gets his butt kicked by people that trained hard in martial skills.. He literally needs an "authority" to overcome Luo Hoa's "innate/trained" non-authority abilities (boosted by Campione level stats) ..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:21   Link #2715
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Can someone clarify The Bull?
Godou could only activate it when facing someone who was physically stronger than a normal human. In Vol. 6 he set the target of the bull as himself, but is a campione physically stronger than a human? Aside from better reflexes and recovery speed, does his strength increase (significantly) in battle mode as well?
__________________
Awrya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:24   Link #2716
zzhk
Summary Machine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Once activated, the Bull's strength can be applied anywhere (which is where the scaling factor comes in).

But you still need something strong for the initial activation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Right, I agree that it's hard. But knowing it can be done should be encouraging? Then again, that ASSUMES you're trying to get stronger in the first place. Godou seems to be of the mindset "oh it can't be done, too bad so sad" when it comes to the Raptor.
He did figure out the trick to using the Raptor at the end of Volume 6, so he does make much better use of it in the future.
__________________
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:26   Link #2717
Azure-Priest
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Well the narrative sets Godou up as a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to his desire to not learn martial arts or magic. He says he doesn't want to learn martial arts because he doesn't want to harm anyone, but sees no problem with using a divine solar flare on them?!? As for magic being strange, he is far weirder.

His opposition is bound to wear down eventually. Since he has the Kusanagi sword, its kind of a waste to not make use of it.
The beings that get "divine solar flare" used on them tend to be beings trying to kill Godou or someone Godou cares about, AND tend to be immune to "human" weapons and fighting skills, so justified.

It's not so much about hating fighting per se. It's about the clean-up afterwards. That's the one area Godou far exceeds the other Campiones in. HE cares about the aftermath, and the people it affects. They don't.

He calls himself "peaceful" because he doesn't deliberately go around causing pain and suffering just so he can "enjoy" a good fight.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:28   Link #2718
zzhk
Summary Machine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Besides, the targets of the White Stallion always deserve it... Public enemies of the people.

Because that is exactly the conditions for its use.
__________________
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:29   Link #2719
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Can someone clarify The Bull?
Godou could only activate it when facing someone who was physically stronger than a normal human. In Vol. 6 he set the target of the bull as himself, but is a campione physically stronger than a human? Aside from better reflexes and recovery speed, does his strength increase (significantly) in battle mode as well?
The bull was already activated, Luo Hao having already fufilled the conditions earlier through the use of her authority. The passage about the target being himself has to do with the mechanics of that incarnation. The stronger or larger the target is, the more his strength rises in response. By making his body the target, he achieved comparatively little strength, but it was enough to vault over her head.
bludvein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:33   Link #2720
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
He did figure out the trick to using the Raptor at the end of Volume 6, so he does make much better use of it in the future.
^ Re: Raptor - True, although he hasn't properly adjusted to high speed and is using "Stop & Go" which is simpler but probably more taxing on the body.. I did think it was a bit of a cop-out that her getting knocked out was partially due to getting luckily hit in a pressure point, vs simply being a matter of P=MV (ie. super sonic speed hits doing super sonic speed damage..)

Thanks again for all your hard work again zzhk, just noticed Vol 6 was fully finished. This lively debate is just a sign of how interested we are and how much we appreciate your work bringing this work of art to us! Ey ey oh!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.