AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-28, 23:34   Link #1361
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Any news about a new series coming soon?
Nope. So far the only anime installment announced is the movie, coming next year.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 01:47   Link #1362
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
So how was Railgun on Hero TV last night?
judasmartel is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 02:23   Link #1363
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
^ It was okay, though they cut oout the part where Kuroko teleports into Misaka's bath.
Masuzu is offline  
Old 2012-08-03, 02:45   Link #1364
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Well, duh, they can't show the sexy stuff because it will corrupt our kids into being gays and lesbians. /sarcasm

Hmm.. is it dubbed?
judasmartel is offline  
Old 2012-08-07, 22:55   Link #1365
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
where does the infromation of toumas bad luck passing from beign AOE to a debuff(from affecting other to just him)? i dont remeber rading about it in the novels, and i wanna make sure if i missed something.
__________________
zeniselv is offline  
Old 2012-08-07, 23:20   Link #1366
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Touma's bad luck?

Read vol 4 where its describe that Touma's bad luck affect people around him that everything he goes and he himself was always having bad luck or misfortune and thus the people around him calls him plague.

While in academy city his bad luck was tone down to the point it only effects him and is more like for fun type of bad luck and not extreme ones.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2012-08-07, 23:29   Link #1367
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
To be specific, it's chapter 3 part 2, Touya was telling him about his past...
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2012-08-08, 02:57   Link #1368
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
ohh, thanks!! i thought it was form an side story.
__________________
zeniselv is offline  
Old 2012-08-08, 08:00   Link #1369
Saishy
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Actually people believed his bad luck would affect others so he was avoided by people.
His father put him in Academy City because people there didn't believe in superstition, and as he predicted no one believed they would get bad luck by getting near him, quite the opposite, people got near him because they believed he would get all the bad luck around to him.

Which if you think a little, is another kind of superstition...
__________________
Saishy is offline  
Old 2012-08-08, 08:32   Link #1370
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saishy View Post
Actually people believed his bad luck would affect others so he was avoided by people.
His father put him in Academy City because people there didn't believe in superstition, and as he predicted no one believed they would get bad luck by getting near him, quite the opposite, people got near him because they believed he would get all the bad luck around to him.

Which if you think a little, is another kind of superstition...
No it's not just in their minds, there really is a difference. It's been stated that in his old town he caused misfortune to those around him, while in Academy City the people say that he is a lightning rod for misfortune. So something must have changed to make him go from causing the misfortune of others to only causing his own.
Ilidsor is offline  
Old 2012-08-08, 09:54   Link #1371
Saishy
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
No it's not just in their minds, there really is a difference. It's been stated that in his old town he caused misfortune to those around him, while in Academy City the people say that he is a lightning rod for misfortune. So something must have changed to make him go from causing the misfortune of others to only causing his own.
Actually no, it was on their minds only.

Quote:
"Do you know, Touma? Ever since birth, you were truly an 'unfortunate' person. That was why everyone called you that. Do you know, Touma? That wasn't just a childish prank among the kids."
Touya gritted his teeth and says,
"Even the adults call you that. No reason, no justification. It's just because you were an 'unlucky' person that people called you that." Kamijou couldn't help but hold his breath.
It's impossible to see the expression on Touya's face.
No delight, no happiness, nothing can be seen at all.
"The people who were with you would also be 'unlucky' as well. The kids who believed in those superstitions would throw rocks on seeing you. The adults won't stop them. They wouldn't pity you when they saw you hurt, but mock you. It's as if they were prompting the kids: why don't you injure him more?"
Touya continued on with the blank expression. Kamijou couldn't tell what he was feeling.
Maybe Touya was deliberately trying not to show any expression. Behind his mask is a insuppressible agitation that couldn't be held back. This emotion definitely can't be shown in front of his own son. Maybe one can tell his determination here.
"Get away from Touma and you can get away from 'misfortune'. The kids who believed those rumors left you alone. Even the adults believed it. Do you still remember, Touma? There was even once when you were hunted by a debt-riddled man and hacked with a huge knife. The people at the media heard the news and even wanted to record some supernatural show about you. They even released photos of you and depicted you as a monster."
The world that's dyed orange now looked like a blazing inferno of Hell.
The man standing in the middle of the flames chose to keep this icy feeling that doesn't have any feelings in it.
"I sent you to Academy City because of this reason. It's because I was afraid. But I wasn't afraid of some 'fortune' or 'misfortune', I was worried that those people who believe that you bring 'misfortune' will attack you without you suspecting it."
Touya starts to cry painfully without any expression,
"I was scared. I was scared that those superstitious people would really kill you one day. That was why I sent you into a world without superstitions."
Thus, Touya himself cut the bond between family members.
As long as he could protect his own son, it's alright even if they can't live together.
"But even in that advanced world of science, you were still treated as 'an unlucky person'. From the mail you sent over, I could tell that. The only thing worth drawing comfort from is that at least the people didn't act violently against you."
The only part where he states something about other people getting unlucky is here: "The people who were with you would also be 'unlucky' as well. The kids who believed in those superstitions would throw rocks on seeing you."

Which was only a superstition as he says.
So no, he never really gave bad lucky to anyone.
__________________
Saishy is offline  
Old 2012-08-08, 10:19   Link #1372
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Huh, I guess it's been a while since I read that. Well that scraps my "Terra of the left thought that Touma wasn't using his imagine breaker to it's full potential because it used to be stronger but Aliester did something to weaken it when he moved to Academy City" theory.
Ilidsor is offline  
Old 2012-08-08, 11:25   Link #1373
desrtsku
wuaaai!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 21
Actually neither of you is really wrong or right (also because just as Ilidsor said, what was said in there can be linked to vol 14).
Well, it's just a matter of perspective, Touya thought people unjustly believed those rumours ... but it can also be him who was wrong thinking that everything the others said is just unfounded rumours and not actually the truth (and it's even more contestable since he's a guy with 0 experience in supernatural and the guy who cast Angel Fall without noticing it, mind you >.>)
__________________
Waaaaiii!
Pls, don't bully!
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2012-08-08, 11:34   Link #1374
Saishy
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Actually neither of you is really wrong or right (also because just as Ilidsor said, what was said in there can be linked to vol 14).
Well, it's just a matter of perspective, Touya thought people unjustly believed those rumours ... but it can also be him who was wrong thinking that everything the others said is just unfounded rumours and not actually the truth (and it's even more contestable since he's a guy with 0 experience in supernatural and the guy who cast Angel Fall without noticing it, mind you >.>)
Well I would guess if someone knows if he gives misfortune or not to other people would be his parents if anyone else.
I mean, they know him since he was born.

Or are you saying he have a specific rule that his parent can't get unlucky?
If you start assuming arbitrary rules then there really ins't anything anyone can prove.

Anyway his parents are quite lucky, Kamijou even says how his mother wins in jackpot machines.
So no, he don't really have a "unlucky aura", it only affects him.

(And don't say his parents can be lucky while away from him because if you lived with someone for over 10 years you would notice if you got really unlucky when near him, we are not talking about random unlucky happenings, we are talking about kamijou-level misfortune. The one able to break your cellphone, electronics, food, get magicians to chase you and break your credit card on the same day.)
__________________
Saishy is offline  
Old 2012-08-08, 12:30   Link #1375
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Then you have to ask yourself how all of this got started? How did it become so bad that random people would try to kill him on the street?

It's quite possible his parents refused to believe in his bad luck, even when it hits them, thinking that it's just a coincidence or whatever logical reasons. What kind of parents are they if started calling him out for bring them bad luck? No matter what they would refuse to think that way.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2012-08-08, 12:41   Link #1376
Saishy
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Then you have to ask yourself how all of this got started? How did it become so bad that random people would try to kill him on the street?

It's quite possible his parents refused to believe in his bad luck, even when it hits them, thinking that it's just a coincidence or whatever logical reasons. What kind of parents are they if started calling him out for bring them bad luck? No matter what they would refuse to think that way.
No, you are just being delusional.

The novels states why they did that, because people believe in superstition, that is the whole point why he went to academy city.

The novel never said he gave misfortune to anyone.
The novel always say he and only him is affect by his misfortune.

There is really no point trying to argue otherwise, anything that points in the other direction is made up because someone "could think of something".

Things could change later on? Yes they could, heck the sky could turn red and kanzaki becomes a guy, but for now there is absolutely no reason to ever believe he gives misfortune.
__________________
Saishy is offline  
Old 2012-08-08, 12:52   Link #1377
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saishy View Post
No, you are just being delusional.

The novels states why they did that, because people believe in superstition, that is the whole point why he went to academy city.

The novel never said he gave misfortune to anyone.
The novel always say he and only him is affect by his misfortune.

There is really no point trying to argue otherwise, anything that points in the other direction is made up because someone "could think of something".

Things could change later on? Yes they could, heck the sky could turn red and kanzaki becomes a guy, but for now there is absolutely no reason to ever believe he gives misfortune.

The novel speaks from the perspective of his father, and as such from his point of view Touma's bad luck does not exist and it was all in their minds because as a father it's unlikely he would think of his own child as 'unlucky'.

Maybe it had evolved into something out of control, but are you telling me that those people randomly picked him to be the object of their misfortune? Something must have happened to set them down this mindset because it takes one hell of a drastic incident spark this reaction.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2012-08-08, 13:17   Link #1378
Saishy
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The novel speaks from the perspective of his father, and as such from his point of view Touma's bad luck does not exist and it was all in their minds because as a father it's unlikely he would think of his own child as 'unlucky'.

Maybe it had evolved into something out of control, but are you telling me that those people randomly picked him to be the object of their misfortune? Something must have happened to set them down this mindset because it takes one hell of a drastic incident spark this reaction.
"from his point of view Touma's bad luck does not exist"

In the same quote:
Quote:
"Do you know, Touma? Ever since birth, you were truly an 'unfortunate' person. That was why everyone called you that. Do you know, Touma? That wasn't just a childish prank among the kids."
Touya gritted his teeth and says,
"Even the adults call you that. No reason, no justification. It's just because you were an 'unlucky' person that people called you that." Kamijou couldn't help but hold his breath.
He knew Touma had bad luck.
He just denied his bad luck was something that other people could catch by being near.
Quote:
But Touya didn't notice his son's bewilderment.
"Those lucky charms that the gift shops sell were said to what, protect the family, excel in academics, these are all exotic crafts. If I could remove that 'misfortune' of yours like that, your 'misfortune' isn't worth bragging about. I won't go about buying those stuff and get some snacks. Your mom will be happy as well."
Well, if he didn't believe in bad luck he wouldn't have bought all those souvenirs around the world, would he?

Also the part where you say something must have happened is just your assumption, it does not state anywhere that something bigger than just having constant misfortune is necessary for that kind of behavior.
Quite the opposite, it states having constant misfortune was enough to trigger it.
__________________
Saishy is offline  
Old 2012-08-08, 13:24   Link #1379
desrtsku
wuaaai!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saishy View Post
Well I would guess if someone knows if he gives misfortune or not to other people would be his parents if anyone else.
I mean, they know him since he was born.

Or are you saying he have a specific rule that his parent can't get unlucky?
If you start assuming arbitrary rules then there really ins't anything anyone can prove.

Anyway his parents are quite lucky, Kamijou even says how his mother wins in jackpot machines.
So no, he don't really have a "unlucky aura", it only affects him.
It's much more simpler than that sir, you said yourself her mother was super-lucky and his father has something special with him as well. Everyone has a part of misfortune and fortune in their life, while people like Touma just have more load of misfortune, people like his mother are blessed in such a way 90% of what happened in their life is good. Even if 30% if them would become misfortune by being with Touma there'd still be 60% of fortune Konata-san. (Bimbougami ga! reference )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saishy View Post
The novel always say he and only him is affect by his misfortune.
I'll just add to what Chaos said : this was never stated objectively like that sir
__________________
Waaaaiii!
Pls, don't bully!
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2012-08-08, 14:53   Link #1380
Saishy
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
It's much more simpler than that sir, you said yourself her mother was super-lucky and his father has something special with him as well. Everyone has a part of misfortune and fortune in their life, while people like Touma just have more load of misfortune, people like his mother are blessed in such a way 90% of what happened in their life is good. Even if 30% if them would become misfortune by being with Touma there'd still be 60% of fortune Konata-san. (Bimbougami ga! reference )



I'll just add to what Chaos said : this was never stated objectively like that sir
That is not how imagine breaker works.
Imagine breaker negate all of supernatural powers, magic and even god miracles.
it don't negate 30% or 40% of anything, if he was able to negate the fortune of others they would have no fortune at all.

And everything you guys said is just supposition, his father knows he is unlucky yet knows he don't bring misfortune into others.
Everyone from his class likes to hang around him because they believe he attracts their bad luck, while this is just a superstition it would be unable to get that mindset if he gave misfortune to others. I mean, how could you think that someone would give you good luck if you only had bad luck while near him?

Over the course of around 32 books no character never got any kind of misfortune related to touma, they even got lucky while near him.
Again I repeat we are talking about Touma here, the guy who lost his phone, credit card, summer vacation, peace and electronics in the same day. It would be very obvious at any moment if he gave misfortune.

Yet you guys have absolutely no proof he gives misfortune to others.

So I don't even know why this discussion is being prolonged, there is no proof on one side that keep on meaningless dragging this.
__________________
Saishy is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.