AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-08, 12:00   Link #261
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
It would have been funny if someone attempts Sleep-PK only to activate Anti-Harassment instead. XD

...ok we've been off-topic...ing...

Question: (Maybe I should save this for the Mechanics Thread... after all?)
Spoiler for LN Vol. 2:

just a guess

since the players are still wearing the Nerv Gear helmet which monitors the brain. I am guessing the helmet can differential different emotions base on the signals form the brain.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 14:30   Link #262
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Can you lift someone in SOA (in town/not in town)?
There's a stretcher item you can use to carry people in town.

And Kirito carried Asuna out of a dungeon is Aria.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 19:11   Link #263
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Don't the ME stories have quite the amount of contradition with the published LNs?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 19:23   Link #264
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Don't the ME stories have quite the amount of contradition with the published LNs?
the ME are basically a rewrite to fix the continuity errors in the LN. therefore the ME takes precedence.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 23:39   Link #265
styr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the ME are basically a rewrite to fix the continuity errors in the LN. therefore the ME takes precedence.
Some of the MEs retcon important information, though.

For instance...
Spoiler for Vol 1 + ME2/ME7 spoilers:
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 23:52   Link #266
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
Some of the MEs retcon important information, though.

For instance...
Spoiler for Vol 1 + ME2/ME7 spoilers:
It wasn't a continuity error. XD

Spoiler for response to above:
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 00:06   Link #267
styr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
It wasn't a continuity error. XD

Spoiler for response to above:
It actually is a continuity error.

Spoiler for Vol 1 spoilers:
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 00:12   Link #268
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
It actually is a continuity error.

Spoiler for Vol 1 spoilers:
Kirito has a strange liking for heavy swords, since the start of the game. (Vol. 9) Your argument is invalid.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 00:16   Link #269
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
I think the assumption is that you don't keep the skill levels of unequipped skills. Which I think makes more sense. I suppose it's theoretically possible that he was just switching around his set-up, but honestly the idea of it being an error seems more likely to me. ME2 is actually filled with inconsistencies, such as claiming that Silica works with the high level players, and since it's called "Early Characters" I assumed it was actually created before he wrote the story and just published later.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 00:34   Link #270
styr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Kirito has a strange liking for heavy swords, since the start of the game. (Vol. 9) Your argument is invalid.
My argument is invalid? Have you even read Volume 1, or did you just skim through it? Kirito has always had a preference for heavy swords.. but how does that make my argument invalid? You completely ignored every point I made due to some random quote from Vol 9, but Kirito has had a pronounced preference for very heavy swords as early as Vol 2/3.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 01:08   Link #271
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
My argument is invalid? Have you even read Volume 1, or did you just skim through it? Kirito has always had a preference for heavy swords.. but how does that make my argument invalid? You completely ignored every point I made due to some random quote from Vol 9, but Kirito has had a pronounced preference for very heavy swords as early as Vol 2/3.
It was supposed to be a partial joke (Your argument is invalid). Oh well...

Anyway, isn't <<Extended Weight Limit>> simply an extension of how much weight can Kirito bring? Wasn't he able to bring a humongous amount of materials (including ignots, ores, and whatnot) to Lizbeth during <<Sound of Water, Sound of Hammer>>? Plus the 2 swords he always brings and has in his inventory or similar. Unless we get a clear reason for how <<Extended Weight Limit>> skill gets leveled up, it's assumed to be by using swords heavier than what his strength would normally go by, which <<Kirito>> has done since Floor 1. The basic theory is that skill levels are saved but slowly decrease when "unequipped" overtime. Which a certain someone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I think the assumption is that you don't keep the skill levels of unequipped skills. Which I think makes more sense. I suppose it's theoretically possible that he was just switching around his set-up, but honestly the idea of it being an error seems more likely to me. ME2 is actually filled with inconsistencies, such as claiming that Silica works with the high level players, and since it's called "Early Characters" I assumed it was actually created before he wrote the story and just published later.
argued otherwise...

...anyway, There's no point continuing this.... -_-


It's the LNs fault for not clarifying the details of "equipping" and "removing" Skills.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 03:40   Link #272
StellarCell
시논 짱!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: 강남 한국... ᄏᄏᄏ!
Age: 17
Spoiler for Volume 9 novel spoiler:


Spoiler for 4koma image (volume 1 content?):

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-10 at 16:57.
StellarCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 04:16   Link #273
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarCell View Post
Spoiler for Volume 9 novel spoiler:
Damnit, at least tell me when you're going to post a Vol. 9 spoilerish spoiler pic. Damnit.

Spoiler for Vol. 9 and Vol. 5 & 6:


Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarCell View Post
Spoiler for 4koma image (volume 1 content?):
Looks like 4coma around Vol. 1 Chapter 16(.5)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-10 at 16:57.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 06:57   Link #274
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
How many GM in the SAO?
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 07:02   Link #275
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
How many GM in the SAO?
None, except probably the AI System <<Cardinal>>, if you consider the GM's job as fixing stuff and observe.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 07:09   Link #276
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
None, except probably the AI System <<Cardinal>>, if you consider the GM's job as fixing stuff and observe.
Then what about GM on the anime 1st episode?
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 07:10   Link #277
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Then what about GM on the anime 1st episode?
Oh, Kayaba? Let's... just say he's slacking off the job...
Spoiler for Vol. 1:
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 08:12   Link #278
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
It's Kayaba's one-man show. It's not like there's a conspiracy of GMs or anything. The company he worked for had no idea what he was doing either.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 08:34   Link #279
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Well, no sensible man would actually agree to his ways of "trapping players for the hell of it" after all. XD Also, it would have been better for everyone if Kayaba only "killed players" before the 3rd month, when things have settled in and people are afraid to tamper the <<NervGear>> anymore... or that there was a place where players were trapped until the <<rescue>> if they died. This would be something like a 50:50 chance... 50% chance you'll get fried, 50% chance you'll be <<trapped again>> instead.

The casualties would have been less. -_-
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 07:03   Link #280
Nihgthawk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida, USA
OK question I was on Crunchyroll and noticed that their is no posting on there site about a new episode of SAO scheduled for this Saturday. Is this an error or is SAO going to be a break this week.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.