AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-09, 14:40   Link #961
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Inaba just gives me this kinky vibe. How many girls would reveal to a guy that she's not dating that she masturbates to him? Granted, he made much the same reveal first, but still...

Plus, the way she teasingly threatened Taichi for "taking her first kiss", complete with the evil laughter, was pretty suggestive, imo.
She strikes me as playful but not necessarily kinky. And more than a bit demanding -- the sort of girl who won't let a guy rest until she's satisfied.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 14:43   Link #962
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
She would be the one to go on the initiative, not the other way around.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 15:18   Link #963
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticPulsar View Post
ep 5 of kokoro connect was easily the best episode so far and will be the best of the whole series. The anime pretty much reached its apex and the rest of the show is likely to be mediocre like the first 4 episodes which was full of rediculuous melodrama(ep 5 had as well, but at least it was decently executed)

now since the whole cast of kokoro connect are back to their usual selves, beware of the dullness that permeates this show's plot. The only thing this show has going for it at this point is the excellent transition into the ending theme.There's a show like this every season. 6/10 so far.Maybe a 7-8/10 if the show can churn out more ep 5s though I highly doubt it.


Are "ice queens" and "tsunderes" equivalent terms? If so, why not just say tsundere instead of "romantic sarcastic ice queens" ? It seems rather redundant when you have the term tsundere.
Seeing as it's only the first volume, I think/know there is a lot more in store. Every volume has a new gimmick going for it, so I assure you it will not get dull. Unless you've already spoiled yourself with certain aspects of the light novel that you do not like. Not everyone can win
exs120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 16:20   Link #964
GalacticPulsar
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by exs120 View Post
Seeing as it's only the first volume, I think/know there is a lot more in store. Every volume has a new gimmick going for it, so I assure you it will not get dull. Unless you've already spoiled yourself with certain aspects of the light novel that you do not like. Not everyone can win
Hopefully you are right. At any rate, I'm certainly enjoying this show more than Tari Tari, another slice of life anime airing this season.

I also think that Iori's looks are overrated in the show. I think Inaba and and Yui have better character designs yet both of them agree that Yui is the cutest girl in the whole show.
GalacticPulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 16:56   Link #965
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticPulsar View Post
Are "ice queens" and "tsunderes" equivalent terms? If so, why not just say tsundere instead of "romantic sarcastic ice queens" ? It seems rather redundant when you have the term tsundere.
They used to- but these days there are 'hot' as well as 'cold' tsunderes.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 16:58   Link #966
Shimapan
Try me! <3
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
As the drama unfolds and Iori faces the specter of death, Heartseed's words at the end makes you wonder what he really is. To me he's one of either two things:

1. An alien-like observer who knows nothing about human nature and human reactions, thus puts these high schoolers into a twisted experiment to see how human nature works in the shadow of lost individuality and identity.

2. A sort of omnipotent being who does, actually, greatly understand humanity, and does this because he sees something wrong with these high schoolers and subjects them to this trial as a why of teaching them something.
I still think an other possibility to be the most likely:

3. He's some very powerful being who does all of this solely for entertainment, because he's bored. He's neither malevolent (i.e. he doesn't want to intentionally harm them or make them suffer) nor benevolent (i.e. he doesn't do this to improve their situations or solve their problems).
__________________
Shimapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 17:05   Link #967
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
I still think an other possibility to be the most likely:

3. He's some very powerful being who does all of this solely for entertainment, because he's bored. He's neither malevolent (i.e. he doesn't want to intentionally harm them or make them suffer) nor benevolent (i.e. he doesn't do this to improve their situations or solve their problems).
I think he is learning his bounds. He didn't think he did anything wrong when he jumped off the bridge as Iori. It's only when Iori asked him at the end if he would do it to anyone else that he realizes the gravity of his action.

He's almost like a child learning between right and wrong...
exs120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 17:08   Link #968
AmeNoJaku
dead-pan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Work in Europe... imminent :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Question concerning the translations I've seen:
Did Heartseed really say everyone was boring? I thought "anmari omoshiro sugiru kara" meant "you're just too entertaining"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
That's what I hear from the dialogue too, but I don't deny the possibility that he is being sarcastic. But the exact dialogue is certainly along the line of "You're just too much fun."
Another translator interpreting
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 18:17   Link #969
Blonto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Well, Taichi seems easily dominated by Inaba, and it doesn't seem that he minds in particular.

Such shallow observations aside, I think when it comes to Iori X Taichi, it only goes one way, with Iori relying on Taichi.

On the other hand, an Inaba- Taichi relationship seems more of a two way street.
Of course he doesn't mind. He's a male lead. They aren't particularly known for standing up for themselves, especially against females.

I'm neutral on the shipping side since I usually just go with whatever the creators choose (as long as they develop it properly like any other aspect of their story) however Iori seems to have the kind of joy and enthusiasm that's missing in Taichi (at least judging from everyone's comments about how Taichi never smiles), and Taichi has a doctorate in psychology that can help her with her problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticPulsar View Post
I also think that Iori's looks are overrated in the show. I think Inaba and and Yui have better character designs yet both of them agree that Yui is the cutest girl in the whole show.
I agree. Her haircut is godawful. And I hate those little cripple-like ponytails.
The girls differ only in hair anyway, so I'm not sure how much in-depth we can talk about their designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticPulsar View Post
Are "ice queens" and "tsunderes" equivalent terms? If so, why not just say tsundere instead of "romantic sarcastic ice queens" ?
I see it this way: Tsunderes' main trait is aggression and defensiveness, while Ice queens have an air of distance and cool-headedness around them. Both have an unlockable "deredere" mode.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 18:17   Link #970
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticPulsar View Post
Are "ice queens" and "tsunderes" equivalent terms? If so, why not just say tsundere instead of "romantic sarcastic ice queens" ? It seems rather redundant when you have the term tsundere.
1. No, Ice queens and tsunderes are not the same.
2. Inaban is an ice queen, not a tsundefre.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 18:34   Link #971
frivolity
My posts are frivolous
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 25
So:

Yui = Tsun
Himiko = Kuu
Iori = Yan

?
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 19:43   Link #972
Arturia Polaris
Ponytail Sommelier
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Yui is a special case. She doesn't come off as Tsundere, she just doesn't want (or can't) relate with boys due to her past.

Iori... is not easy. She herself said that she has multiple personalities, which I'm sure is bound to drop her on the "unstable" side... and hence I believe that your Yandere description could fit.

Himeko... She's a Tsundere. She came off as very snappy in the first episode, but she isn't really a bad person. If I had to compare her to someone... It'd be Rin Tohsaka from Fate/ series

Arturia
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 20:01   Link #973
Blonto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Yui is a special case. She doesn't come off as Tsundere, she just doesn't want (or can't) relate with boys due to her past.

Iori... is not easy. She herself said that she has multiple personalities, which I'm sure is bound to drop her on the "unstable" side... and hence I believe that your Yandere description could fit.

Himeko... She's a Tsundere. She came off as very snappy in the first episode, but she isn't really a bad person. If I had to compare her to someone... It'd be Rin Tohsaka from Fate/ series

Arturia
Yeah, something about Yui's tsundere label seems off. Maybe it's because she's surrounded by girls who are much more active around boys, or maybe because she's the most moe of them all.

Himeko isn't a tsundere. She's pretty much a kuudere. Tsunderes get mad when they're not in control, kuuderes keep their cool.

Iori strikes me more as a genki girl. Genki girls usually hide something nasty behind their facades.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 20:03   Link #974
Lantern
Unamused
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Yui is a special case. She doesn't come off as Tsundere, she just doesn't want (or can't) relate with boys due to her past.

Iori... is not easy. She herself said that she has multiple personalities, which I'm sure is bound to drop her on the "unstable" side... and hence I believe that your Yandere description could fit.

Himeko... She's a Tsundere. She came off as very snappy in the first episode, but she isn't really a bad person. If I had to compare her to someone... It'd be Rin Tohsaka from Fate/ series

Arturia
Ehhh I'd be more careful about type casting Inaban as "tsun" this soon... and please please don't compare her with Rin

Inaban's pretty damn straightforward and shameless about what she wants and when she says/does anything she means it at all time with a straight face, much unlike our tsun tsun magician over there.

Meh I think I'll just stop here and let you guys find out in the rest of the season. Just putting it out there that while Inaban could be "dere" but she's most definitely not "tsun".
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 20:10   Link #975
Arturia Polaris
Ponytail Sommelier
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Ehhh I'd be more careful about type casting Inaban as "tsun" this soon... and please please don't compare her with Rin

Inaban's pretty damn straightforward and shameless about what she wants and when she says/does anything she means it at all time with a straight face, much unlike our tsun tsun magician over there.

Meh I think I'll just stop here and let you guys find out in the rest of the season. Just putting it out there that while Inaban could be "dere" but she's most definitely not "tsun".
Well yeah. Taking away the Straight forwardness of her desires (Rin's) I'm saying that Inaban looks all tough like when she offered to punch Taichi (And actually got him real good) but then we come across that tender inside that just shows her even more afraid to opening up than Yui.

Arturia
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 20:18   Link #976
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Himeko... She's a Tsundere. She came off as very snappy in the first episode, but she isn't really a bad person. If I had to compare her to someone... It'd be Rin Tohsaka from Fate/ series
This statement is an example of how the term tsundere has become so overused it no longer has a valid meaning most of the time.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 20:22   Link #977
Lantern
Unamused
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Well yeah. Taking away the Straight forwardness of her desires (Rin's) I'm saying that Inaban looks all tough like when she offered to punch Taichi (And actually got him real good) but then we come across that tender inside that just shows her even more afraid to opening up than Yui.

Arturia
Well, I think "tsun" and "recluse" are quite different. I see the former as more of a casual/innocent attempt at hiding feelings, while the latter as a more serious, "personal flaw" that deliberately shuts out everything and everyone from true feelings.

I think the term "tsun" is kinda overused, but I guess you can argue that it all boils down to personal preferences.

Anyway like I said, it's only episode 5. Let them develop more before we make any conclusions.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 20:23   Link #978
Arturia Polaris
Ponytail Sommelier
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
This statement is an example of how the term tsundere has become so overused it no longer has a valid meaning.
You may have a point there.

In any case, I don't see the point in trying to fit them into a mold. They are all very... interesting characters.

Iori: Multiple Personalities. Going from carefree to serious, pervert to innocent...

Himeko: Could be somewhat said to be the leader of the group. Notice how she's almost always in the "middle" of the picture (OP?) Has her moments, like not wanting to open up to the rest, punching a table out of frustration, then telling Taichi that he masturbated to him, later punching him. But somehow always keeping her cool. Even though it took a toll on her health.

Yui: Horrible past, however she seems to be the nicest and most... "pure" of them all if you will.

I just can't fit them into a "mold" and I think that it's a good thing.

Arturia
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 20:35   Link #979
Blonto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
This statement is an example of how the term tsundere has become so overused it no longer has a valid meaning most of the time.
Agreed. I see it as a very specific type of personality, but a lot of people think any girl who starts acting out-of-character around her crush is automatically a tsundere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
I just can't fit them into a "mold" and I think that it's a good thing.
The characters could've so easily ended up archetypical, but each has something that sets them apart from your regular anime cliches.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 20:47   Link #980
Arturia Polaris
Ponytail Sommelier
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
In other news, apparently the Visual Novel is going to be very well done, artistically speaking. Set for release in October.

http://seventhstyle.com/2012/08/09/k...ar-in-vn-form/

Enjoy

Arty
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.