AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-09, 23:12   Link #3901
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x6-M...feature=colike&hl=en_US&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x6-M...feature=colike&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">


ep34 is available, and yes. Mizu no Akashi ~retracks
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 08:51   Link #3902
Zeydra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I'm going to be honest here and say I'm not fond of the "retracks", I think the first versions were far stronger tracks and feel the retracks are just rather unnecessary and not needed. Out of all the things this series could benefit from the changing of it's music is, imo, not one of them.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 08:57   Link #3903
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
surprisingly today's episode recap of Kira vs Athrun is using the old scene instead of the latest remaster scene
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 09:25   Link #3904
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
that's because using that will make the animation cheaper, Imagine if that scene was replayed ad-infinitum for the rest of the time.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 18:50   Link #3905
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x6-M...feature=colike&hl=en_US&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x6-M...feature=colike&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">


ep34 is available, and yes. Mizu no Akashi ~retracks


Fixed that for you.
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 09:32   Link #3906
JC...
I am a Pie
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a fantasy.
Do remaster episodes come out weekly?

Should I just continue with the original episodes if I can't be bothered to wait, or is there some reason I shouldn't?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 13:09   Link #3907
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
Do remaster episodes come out weekly?
Yes.
Quote:
Should I just continue with the original episodes if I can't be bothered to wait,
That's up to you.
Quote:
or is there some reason I shouldn't?
There is no reason not to watch the original episodes if all you want is to know the story.

On the other, there is also no reason to watch the original episodes if you're planning to finish watching the remaster anyway. One episode a week is the norm for most TV series.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 15:34   Link #3908
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
Do remaster episodes come out weekly?

Should I just continue with the original episodes if I can't be bothered to wait, or is there some reason I shouldn't?
Seed was developed as a weekly show and for good reasons.

Trying to marathon through Seed is not a great Idea. A few days ago I watched all the remasterd episodes that I missed in two days time. (Episode 2 - 30) And to be honest I didn't really enjoy it. I think you already know that Seed is rather melodramatic, the characters go through a lot of development in the first part of Seed and there are a lot of things going on even with the minor characters. So for the audience all of this can be pretty taxing.

Although I must add, The pacing is kind of an issue in the first couple of arcs, story progression is noticeably slow in the first ~15 episodes. But this issue appears to be universal in Gundam. Seed is also quiet heavy on the dialogue.

But still you should try to watch it weekly, it might seem a little slow but you'll enjoy it a lot more.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 11:33   Link #3909
Scorpiopt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
so i was re-watching the Gundam Seed Destiny Movie cost of freedom , i was watching the credits wen i saw this :

This does not look like any unit i know


http://puu.sh/VfVJ
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 11:57   Link #3910
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
It's a GuAIZ.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 15:56   Link #3911
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
That's Nicol's father that was showing Athrun the Justice right?
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 16:28   Link #3912
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yes, that is Nichol's father.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 19:02   Link #3913
Scorpiopt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
dam how did i missed it was a guaiz "facepalm"
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 10:32   Link #3914
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I'm going to be honest here and say I'm not fond of the "retracks", I think the first versions were far stronger tracks and feel the retracks are just rather unnecessary and not needed. Out of all the things this series could benefit from the changing of it's music is, imo, not one of them.
I agree, if SEED and SEED Destiny ever did anything flawlessly it was the music.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 10:49   Link #3915
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Well I finally finished SEED.

Overall I'd say it was reasonably good. A lot of the characters were very interesting and relatable and there were some pretty emotional moments (Kira and Athrun genuinely trying to kill each other easily stood out). It took a while to get there though. The first few episodes were a real chore and it was only until Flay trying to manipulate Kira that things started to get interesting.

Unfortunately though, a lot of the content was also pretty boring and I found myself fast forwarding a lot of the time. There always seemed to be a lot of padding out, particularly by using flashbacks.

Plus some of the characters weren't great either. We see Yzak casually murder hundreds of civilians just because they were in the way and yet there were still moments where he was given scenes as if he was a genuine human being. And Lacus Clyne...well, I won't go into Lacus Clyne except that I'm glad she wasn't always in our face like Relena from Gundam Wing.

And there were certain plot developments that were a little cheesy and melodramatic ("Mu! I am the clone of your father!!!!") and the show takes the classic and annoying rotue of only truly giving us the context of the war, far too late. It was only in Ep 44 when they actually decided to show the ideologies behind both sides, rather than just informing us and layering on the character drama to make up for it.

And Kira surviving that blast was total BS.

But yeah, overall it was pretty enjoyable and quite ambitious. Not totally ambitious though. What would've been truly great is if they actually killed Kira after his fight with Athrun. I don't even recall Kira doing anything that couldn't have been fit into either Athrun or Cagali's role.

Overall: 7/10

Now onto Destiny.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 11:26   Link #3916
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Allow me to give response to your impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Unfortunately though, a lot of the content was also pretty boring and I found myself fast forwarding a lot of the time. There always seemed to be a lot of padding out, particularly by using flashbacks.
Welcome to the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And there were certain plot developments that were a little cheesy and melodramatic ("Mu! I am the clone of your father!!!!") and the show takes the classic and annoying rotue of only truly giving us the context of the war, far too late.
I'd say the reveal of "MU! I AM your (clone) father!" is rather creepy than melodramatic though . Also, I think the context of the war is already pretty well-explained since early episodes especially in the episode about the very first Coordinator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And Kira surviving that blast was total BS.
Ah, I can understand that sentiment very well. Sadly, you can only find more detail about Kira's way of survival in Gundam SEED Astray manga though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What would've been truly great is if they actually killed Kira after his fight with Athrun. I don't even recall Kira doing anything that couldn't have been fit into either Athrun or Cagali's role.
Actually, there are a lot of things that Kira did that Athrun couldn’t do. Some examples: Kira saved Archangel and its whole crew from being blown-up by a GINN at Alaska battle. Athrun couldn’t & wouldn’t do that since Archangel is his enemy at the time. Also, don’t forget that, without Kira, Freedom would be piloted by a ZAFT member which only add more power to Patrick Zala to exterminate natural humans. Plus, without the help of Freedom + Kira, Justice would be a rubber duck for the Trio Gundams to play with. That’s just a few of many reasons why Kira is important after the decisive battle with Athrun.

Note: I don't even have to mention Cagalli. She's a natural. Her piloting skill is nowhere near Kira & Athrun. Not to mention that without Freedom + Kira's help, she would've been toasted along with her father during the ORB battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Now onto Destiny.
Beware of the new main character. Don't root for him!
__________________

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-08-15 at 11:39.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:19   Link #3917
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'd say the reveal of "MU! I AM your (clone) father!" is rather creepy than melodramatic though . Also, I think the context of the war is already pretty well-explained since early episodes especially in the episode about the very first Coordinator.
That episode did go some way into explaining things (Though even then we're still talking about 14 episodes into the show), but in the ned it still felt a little too informed. I wanted to feel why they went into war, not told. To me that only really happened in Episode 44/45

Quote:
Actually, there are a lot of things that Kira did that Athrun couldn’t do. Some examples: Kira saved Archangel and its whole crew from being blown-up by a GINN at Alaska battle. Athrun couldn’t & wouldn’t do that since Archangel is his enemy at the time.
I think if they shuffled events around just a bit, Athrun could have a long talk with Cagali and then get to have an even longer talk with Lacus Clyne and be the one Lacus gives Freedom to. Though I suppose it would have to be built up a bit beforehand. But only a bit.

Quote:
Also, don’t forget that, without Kira, Freedom would be piloted by a ZAFT member which only add more power to Patrick Zala to exterminate natural humans. Plus, without the help of Freedom + Kira, Justice would be a rubber duck for the Trio Gundams to play with. That’s just a few of many reasons why Kira is important after the decisive battle with Athrun.
I'm thinking there wouldn't be a Justice at all and Athrun pilots the Freedom (And if you're aghast at the thought of Athrun not piloting something red then it could be Justice instead, just so long as there's only one of them). I'm also thinking that Athrun would fight the Trio Gundams with more strategy involved than just them beam spanning one another. And Mu and Dearka could've been given bigger roles than just cleaning the mooks.

Quote:
Note: I don't even have to mention Cagalli. She's a natural. Her piloting skill is nowhere near Kira & Athrun.
She is? I'm pretty sure I remember her going into Seed mode near the end.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:21   Link #3918
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Having the SEED doesn't require being a Coordinator.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:23   Link #3919
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
You...what?

Okay now I'm confused. Did I miss something in one the episodes or are you guys screwing with me?
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:41   Link #3920
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
The SEED factor Erica mentioned in the one episode is separate from being a Natural or Coordinator. Either can have it, which is why Cagalli and Kira both have it. Cagalli is a Natural, and Kira is a Coordinator, but their DNA came from the same place.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.