AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-09, 17:13   Link #261
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for the final volume:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 17:41   Link #262
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

so wut?
Spoiler:
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 18:00   Link #263
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
so wut?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 18:51   Link #264
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Well the original story was quite lacking in directions in the first place hence why it never quite take off in terms of popularity.

The romcom was fun and to me it was the best parts of the story but clearly isn't what the author wanted to focus on.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 02:25   Link #265
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well the original story was quite lacking in directions in the first place hence why it never quite take off in terms of popularity.
Maybe in the manga, but definitely not in the novel.

Novel has a pretty strong following (by most LN standard) and a very intricate setting, there are many of us still waiting for him to come back and write more after all these years. Back May, there's an anon on 2ch that said Katayama's alive and is still writing.

Quote:
929 イラストに騙された名無しさん [sage] 2012/05/18(金) 23:48:52.94 ID:5LrZq1kS

片山は生きてる

断筆したわけではない

作家は辞めてない新作執筆中

集英に電話で聞いたことまぁほとんど収穫は無いに等しいな

コミュ障ですまん電話で上がってしまった
I'm so mad at this guy (as previously stated in this thread), but at the same time I'm still praying that he would come back and write more cause he really does have talent. That 2ch message has a very high possibility of just trolling (there are some follow ups to the post that warrants a little bit of legitimacy, you can dig up that thread pretty easily from google if you want to check it out), but for people like me who have been waiting since freaking 2008, this is better than nothing really ("I already waited 5 years, I don't mind waiting for a full decade"). To avoid completely derailing the thread, the final volume of the Kure-nai manga did pretty ok still.

15位 **位 *1回 *50,136部 *50,136部 12/08/03 **3日 紅 kure-nai 10

Katayama come back and finish this ffs
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 02:37   Link #266
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Maybe in the manga, but definitely not in the novel.

Novel has a pretty strong following (by most LN standard) and a very intricate setting, there are many of us still waiting for him to come back and write more after all these years. Back May, there's an anon on 2ch that said Katayama's alive and is still writing.

Admittingly, I have a very narrow impression of the Light Novel- What with me reading it in a language I only understand 33% of the time and have only read finish the second volume and couldn't quite carry on with the third and fourth (>.>) So maybe in reality it is something worth investing in, but for me there is a number of things that didn't quite clicked for me, especially the internal monologue parts.

Call me what you will, but I only truly enjoyed the light hearted scenes with Shinkurou 'not getting it' heh...
Old 2012-08-11, 02:58   Link #267
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Call me what you will, but I only truly enjoyed the light hearted scenes with Shinkurou 'not getting it' heh...
I'm sorry if I come off a bit too strong with my tone there. You are definitely correct in that those parts are also very enjoyable. You're also very similar to another guy I know whom didn't really care for the gore and the families and all those BS in the LN; in fact, he just want more Murasaki (I personally is on Yuuno's ship) and Shinkurou being all HNNNGGGGG with her. At the same time though, I also like those very strong tension in the LN where Shinkurou's in his Senki mode and Murasaki's absolute purity is the saving grace of his mentality.

BUT

... like I said I really don't care anymore as long as he's still writing, give me a volume of Shinkurou's harem antics like the anime OVA and I'll be perfectly content. Come backkkk Kitayamaaaa you @)#$@*#$)@($@)$# assholeeeee
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 03:02   Link #268
JAGI_X

when is the next chap is out?
Old 2012-08-11, 03:49   Link #269
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I'm sorry if I come off a bit too strong with my tone there. You are definitely correct in that those parts are also very enjoyable. You're also very similar to another guy I know whom didn't really care for the gore and the families and all those BS in the LN; in fact, he just want more Murasaki (I personally is on Yuuno's ship) and Shinkurou being all HNNNGGGGG with her. At the same time though, I also like those very strong tension in the LN where Shinkurou's in his Senki mode and Murasaki's absolute purity is the saving grace of his mentality.
No need to apologize I didn't take any offence. I'm okay with the gore and the violence, but I don't quite 'feel' the thirteen families... I can see the potential of course but still doesn't click yet... Plus it doesn't help that most of the time Shinkurou is just stumbling around.

Oh, and I'm a Gin fan I absolutely love the 'parent-teacher' meeting at the end of volume 2

Tags
shounen