AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-11, 10:14   Link #1
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
[Manga] Naruto Chapter 597 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which are now released.

Quote:
-Kakashi reveals the truth of Tobi's power. Kirabi wonders if the eyes simply have similar powers, but Kakashi reveals that they are the same power.

-Tobi says he got the eye from a war torn region where a small team destroyed a major bridge...(nothing is said about Tobi's identity, only the eye).

-Tobi questions Naruto's convictions. Naruto begins to waver, but Kyuubi takes over and tells Tobi that they will defeat Tobi together.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 10:31   Link #2
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 23
So it is obito's eye!!!! Wooooo!!!!!!
__________________

Last edited by james0246; 2012-08-11 at 10:55. Reason: don't add translations...
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 10:33   Link #3
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
So it is obito's eye!!!! Wooooo!!!!!!
well judging from the spoilers it might be Obito's eye but Tobi is not Obito
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 10:43   Link #4
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 23
I have this feeling that zetsu saved obito!!!! Woooo!!!!!
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 10:56   Link #5
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
I wouldn't be surprised if he was zombified by Zetsu.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 10:58   Link #6
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
So it is obito's eye!!!! Wooooo!!!!!!
It was kind of a foregone conclusion that Tobi's eye would be Obito's. I do like how Kishimoto had Kakashi and Kirabi discuss the issue before finally revealing that the eyes are the same.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 12:01   Link #7
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Spoiler:

This is insane, Tobi knows not only about the stuff that happened at the bridge but also about the tomb of heroes in konoha and Kakashi going there. How the hell does he know about all this. It can't be that Zetsu was recording all this, he can't be at all locations, even unimportant ones, like tombstones. Or he followed Kakashi because he wanted the eye, but then he could have taken it when Kakashi was sleeping or something like that. Or maybe Zetsu when he eats the corpse he can extract all memories from it, and he ate Obito's corpse, but that doesn't explain the tomb part. Or maybe when Kakashi was at the tomb there was also someone else there, another Uchiha or Rin, and later Zetsu ate them too. But i think it's more probable that it was not Zetsu, instead of that Tobi learned whatever he wanted from the same source that Sasuke wants to learn from. That source might be something that could somehow record everything that happened in the world with some magic. Or the 3rd possibility i can think of is that Tobi is really made of multiple souls, and he can absorb more, and he absorbed Obito's soul too, and then he had to absorb the soul of someone who was with Kakashi at the tomb stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he was zombified by Zetsu.
TObi learned the Edo Tensei, he can summon Obito to fight Kakashi if he wants to. He has the eye, so he has Obito's DNA, and he can find a corpse for the jutsu easily.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 14:35   Link #8
Ulquiorra
Espada
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
It is obviously Rin.

I actually like the idea of Tobi being made up of multiple souls and their memories. Starting with Izuna Uchiha. It would make him the by-product of the hatred the ninja system creates. I could see Kishimoto making Tobi the living indictment of the ninja system. It fits with Tobi's goals. Not to kill people in revenge. But to put them under an eternal genjustu because the world failed its potential with the ninja system. It would mean the only way to truly defeat him would be to show that things will change with Naruto and his generation.

And Tobi would be what Sasuke would turn into eventually if things do not change and Naruto does not save him.
__________________
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 15:09   Link #9
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^Pain was already a "living indictment of the ninja system" (well, not so much on the living, but definitely the indictment...). And Orochimaru was already a container filled with multiple souls (since he seems to keep the souls of the bodies he posses), not to mention the Shinigami being a container of souls as well.

Not to say that Kishimoto won't simply recycle his ideas once again, but they are still recycled ideas...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 15:39   Link #10
WefiDasst
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
It is obviously Rin.

I actually like the idea of Tobi being made up of multiple souls and their memories. Starting with Izuna Uchiha. It would make him the by-product of the hatred the ninja system creates. I could see Kishimoto making Tobi the living indictment of the ninja system. It fits with Tobi's goals. Not to kill people in revenge. But to put them under an eternal genjustu because the world failed its potential with the ninja system. It would mean the only way to truly defeat him would be to show that things will change with Naruto and his generation.

And Tobi would be what Sasuke would turn into eventually if things do not change and Naruto does not save him.
Makes sense.

got a feeling this year will be the end for Naruto Manga.
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 17:37   Link #11
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
I like some of the other Theories here too, but i thought i would add a few more,

Since Tobi's eye and Kakashi's eye are the same, and if we assume Tobi is Obito then maybe Tobi can see through Kakashi's Sharingan as well.

Kakashi is always hiding his Sharingan ( unless in battle). Has the reason for this been fully explained yet? I don't remember if it has or not.

And if that is not the case, maybe Tobi has mastered his eye to a level in which he can see through Kakashi's eyes .
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 18:07   Link #12
defrule
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
So if Kakashi trains enough he can also be intangible and teleport almost anywhere very quickly?
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 18:19   Link #13
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Has the reason for this been fully explained yet? I don't remember if it has or not.
Whether Tobi can or can not see through Kakashi's Sharingan, Kishimoto has already explained that Kakashi hides his Sharingan since he can not deactivate the eye. Consequently, he can run out of chakra simply by revealing his eye.


Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
So if Kakashi trains enough he can also be intangible and teleport almost anywhere very quickly?
I guess so. Sucks for Kakashi though since it took him 15 years to do something Tobi could do within a year or so of getting the eye (yet further proof that actual genius matters little when it comes to bloodlines)...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 19:14   Link #14
WefiDasst
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
i just realized...
Vic Mignogna voice Obito in the english dub, and Tobi in the Psp game.

Something ate half my post
Anyways, i cant see him being Obito with the stuff he claim, the Multi-Soul theory is the one i can see happening.
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 20:01   Link #15
mahbod
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
i thought eyes can only be transplanted between (bloodline) clans men
and thats just farfetched rofl all those rocks landing on obito and his eye survives rofl kishi and his bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I have this feeling that zetsu saved obito!!!! Woooo!!!!!
that infact, would make 100% sense b4 the rocks fully destroying obito zetsu saved him otherwise it makes no sense for any any body part to survive that destruction

Last edited by Hunter; 2012-08-11 at 23:50.
mahbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 21:00   Link #16
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Whether Tobi can or can not see through Kakashi's Sharingan, Kishimoto has already explained that Kakashi hides his Sharingan since he can not deactivate the eye. Consequently, he can run out of chakra simply by revealing his eye.

Thanks. I was thinking maybe it was chakra related based on the Zabuza vs kakashi episode in original Naruto but wasn't sure.

So Kakashi can't deactivate the eye but Tobi can. I come to conclusion that either you must be original owner to deactivate or at least be an Uchia.

And Since Tobi has power over his Obito eye, it could mean that he is Obito ( the original owner).

I don't remember when Tobi used his second eye against Konan, if his eye was already activated or not. But if it was already activated under the mask maybe another reason he uses the mask ( beside hiding his identity) is to not run out of chakra the same way as kakashi?

So wouldn't all this lead strongly toward Obito as Tobi's identity?

What do you guys think .
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 22:19   Link #17
mahbod
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Thanks. I was thinking maybe it was chakra related based on the Zabuza vs kakashi episode in original Naruto but wasn't sure.

So Kakashi can't deactivate the eye but Tobi can. I come to conclusion that either you must be original owner to deactivate or at least be an Uchia.

And Since Tobi has power over his Obito eye, it could mean that he is Obito ( the original owner).

I don't remember when Tobi used his second eye against Konan, if his eye was already activated or not. But if it was already activated under the mask maybe another reason he uses the mask ( beside hiding his identity) is to not run out of chakra the same way as kakashi?

So wouldn't all this lead strongly toward Obito as Tobi's identity?

What do you guys think .
kakashi is not uchiha who have strong chakra and the fact natural talent of uchiha thats able to control sharigan 100%, i also believe tobi is related to obito to be able to use the ems, as its stated that only ms/ems can be done between siblings, but that being said it dont make sense how kakashi got ms :S kishi is amazing
mahbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 22:34   Link #18
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
I can see it now after all this build up in the next chapter:

Kakkashi: It couldn't be you're

Tobi: *smirk*

Kakkashi: Obi..

Tobi: YES I AM Minato Namikaze!

Kakkashi: ..... I'm done, you guys finish up here i'm goin home. I mean come on man how the hell did that just happen!?
SoloPanda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 23:33   Link #19
XxSleepyxX
Learner
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: HONEY~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I like some of the other Theories here too, but i thought i would add a few more,

Since Tobi's eye and Kakashi's eye are the same, and if we assume Tobi is Obito then maybe Tobi can see through Kakashi's Sharingan as well.

Kakashi is always hiding his Sharingan ( unless in battle). Has the reason for this been fully explained yet? I don't remember if it has or not.

And if that is not the case, maybe Tobi has mastered his eye to a level in which he can see through Kakashi's eyes .
Kakashi hiding his Sharingan was explained awhile back. Kakashi isn't part of the Uchia clan even though he can use the eye proficiently. The eye would constantly drain his chakra if he didn't hide it. I'm pretty sure thats not how sharingan works.

Tobi is proficient enough with his Sharingan that people actually believed he was Madara. I mean even Itachi believed him didn't he expect he mentioned that he wasn't as strong as during his prime? Tobi has accumulated knowledge of ninja history. Meaning he must be pretty old. Hes met with Madara before Madara died. Tobi is probably missing the other half of his body since he can "grow" back parts of his body. Its possible that he extracted obito's eye like he extracted the rinnegan from nagato. Plus tobi had two pairs of sharigan while obito gave one away to kakashi. The only problem we end up is why does he know about what kakashi said. And why would he be using Obito's eye if he isn't Obito? Whats so special about Obito?
__________________
XxSleepyxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 23:52   Link #20
oppaiSam@
Oppai Maniac
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oppai World
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda
I can see it now after all this build up in the next chapter:

Kakkashi: It couldn't be you're

Tobi: *smirk*

Kakkashi: Obi..

Tobi: YES I AM Minato Namikaze!

Kakkashi: ..... I'm done, you guys finish up here i'm goin home. I mean come on man how the hell did that just happen!?
That would be a wtf moment bro ^^ @ XxSleepyXx, maybe obito's eye is special like Shisui's eye and it's just obito didn't developed or because he died quickly that's why he didn't unleashed the full power of his sharingan. But who knows, there are still many mysteries about this Tobi.
__________________
- Poke Poke Twist Twist Iyaaa -
oppaiSam@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.