AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 8 14.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 15.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-11, 13:03   Link #41
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
If you pay close attention to the opening sequence it's becomes obvious what that something is. Also look closely at the figures that show up behind Dusk Taker you've seen one of them in this very episode.
Ah yes, It seems my "When will we see Noumi's friends?" question from last episode has been answered. Nice catch. .

I found it very interesting that Kuroyukihime said "You're my only friend, Megumi." implying that she doesn't consider anyone else to be her friend. I suppose that this doesn't include Haruyuki, as she regards him as more than a friend. Interesting indeed.

I also think that it's a good sign that even though she's concerned about Haruyuki, she won't interfere unless he asks for her help.

I LOLed at Lagoon Dolphin's Power Ranger stances while she was just standing there talking to Black Lotus.

Endless "Souvenir" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru

Last edited by Endless Soul; 2012-08-11 at 13:54. Reason: correction
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 13:41   Link #42
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
The drama with Megumi came in rather suddenly but otherwise, this is looking to be a decent side story. Not exactly mind blowing, but it is interesting.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 00:16   Link #43
Calca
Brina!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Can I keep the two girls?
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 04:55   Link #44
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Was this really the time to go into a side story?
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 06:36   Link #45
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
i am on the middle fence. As much as I want to know what happens in the main arc, I also like this side arc. Just look at Nomi's group in the OP then look at the rider of the dinosaur. It should be significant to say the least.
__________________
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 08:17   Link #46
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
At first I hated the fact that they did this without finishing the Dusk Taker fight...however after actually watching the episode, I realized that I forgot about all that Dusk Taker rage that I felt last episode. It's a great move if they don't want people to succumb to the rage...because I know some people that quit series (AW included) because they found themselves raging to much over certain scenes.

This doesn't take away the rage either, we've had a couple of rage worthy episodes and a mega raging scene (Lime Bell healing DT) but then we get 2 episodes to relax and forget the rage...only to have it return once the show gets back on track but certainly much more reduced.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 10:15   Link #47
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sullivan County, NY
Age: 38
@Randrak42

This waiting only makes me hate DT and to a lesser extent, LB, even more. I'm just simmering, like a pot on slow boil, waiting to otaku rage explode when they get back to the DT fight.

This - arc - can't - end - soon - enough - !

(Even if it isn't terrible, which it is not.)

Last edited by PonSquared; 2012-08-12 at 10:16. Reason: I got it wrong, surprised?
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 11:51   Link #48
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It's kind of adorable that some people think that it might actually be a consideration by Sunrise that they need to have this episode here as a stopgap for nerdrage and that it's totally not just because it takes place at this point in the story chronologically. As my one buddy would say probably say in response, "first world problems".

Anyway I do agree with the slow first half good buildup second half assesment of the episode. I wonder how KYH will fare against the monster they've been talking about. She's obviously broke tier and all but unbeatable in direct player to player combat, but the last monster she fought in the Chrome Disaster didn't go so well and Haruyuki kind of had to come up huge there. I think it's going to be a team effort with the semi-incomprehensible Okinawan duo.

By the way does anyone know if any of what they were saying was actual Okinawan slang cause it just sounded like mumbling to me at times and had me chuckling.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 13:32   Link #49
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Surprisingly, this was probably the most solid episode of this anime so far. It was actually pretty good. (; ・`ω・´)ナン…ダト!?
Ignoring the fact they left Noumi and the NTR(?) hanging and that tan girl speaking in a foreign language. Eh? Japanese you say? Iya, I don't understand either way.
Loli Kagura and loli Mikono from Aquarion EVOL...
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 17:48   Link #50
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
One quasi-random thing that occurred to me while watching this episode. At the beginning of the show, a number of people complained that Haru was too-obvious of an "audience proxy" because of his body image and self-esteem issues. (This plays into the overwrought stereotype of "otaku" all being fat anti-social losers.) But as this story has gone on, and particularly with this episode, I'm beginning to think that the one the audience is actually supposed to most identify with isn't Haru (who has become increasingly hard for some to relate to during this arc -- perhaps he might remind us when we were teenagers), but actually Hime. This episode in particular did a lot to flesh out how she is someone who is basically living a double-life; there's the person she appears to be in the world that everyone else lives in, and then there's the person they really are in the "other world" -- in this case, the accelerated world of Brain Burst. I wonder if that's how some anime fans sort of feel about their experience watching anime and, for example, participating on this Forum. I know that the sort of tension they were demonstrating between the two worlds is something I can identify with personally. Because of the accelerated timeline, we don't actually know how old Hime is mentally, but perhaps it makes sense that she may be the more identifiable character for some people due to that reason alone.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 17:54   Link #51
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
But as this story has gone on, and particularly with this episode, I'm beginning to think that the one the audience is actually supposed to most identify with isn't Haru (who has become increasingly hard for some to relate to during this arc -- perhaps he might remind us when we were teenagers), but actually Hime.
You make some really good and valid points. In many respects, KYH is more real than what Haru is, even though initially, she is more of an ideal person. It also has more to do with maturity as well, since KYH is a lot more mature than most people in the anime. It also relates better that most people watching Accel World is a lot older than the 12 year olds that are being represented; hence, more relatable with KYH.
__________________
thundrakkon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 19:14   Link #52
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Spoiler for ...a stranger's opinion...:
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 23:29   Link #53
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Megumi's memory regarding her dream world may be related to Accel World. Maybe she was part of burst linkers. Then, she was forced to use all her points at the battle. She may be overwhelmed and loses all her points. Her downfall causes the uninstall. For some reason, she still has memory about it. Kuroyukihime may not want to tell her because Megumi seems to have weak mind. She cries when Kuroyukihime forgets to buy her the promised present. Maybe not. Accel World seems more like hardcore action game. It doesn't fit the description of Megumi's wonderland book. The preview shows what burst linkers may look like in other people's eyes. They look like they are in REM.

So, that red screw shape guy is someone from kuroyukihime's past. He also raises some interesting names. It means more terminology.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 01:27   Link #54
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
Also worthy of note, we are getting close to Megumi turning into Magical Girl Pretty Sammy. I, for one, can't wait. (I so want a model of her BL form....!)
The way she mentioned it sounds more like she WAS a burst linker in the past but not one anymore.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 01:36   Link #55
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The way she mentioned it sounds more like she WAS a burst linker in the past but not one anymore.
That is very probable, since she does not show up on the list to fight whenever the team burst link at school. However, she could be part of Nomi's new world order and is hacking the system somehow. The main thing disputing your claim is

Spoilers
Spoiler for dispute content
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
thundrakkon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 04:40   Link #56
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Is it a consistent theme that high-level Red BLinkers pilot giant mechas?

Heh.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 05:00   Link #57
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fighting demons and the like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Is it a consistent theme that high-level Red BLinkers pilot giant mechas?

Heh.
Haha
Well, in Scarlet Rain's case, it was a fortress-thingy.

We also got to see the first Red King, Red Rider (ep 11). And as the name and appearance hints, he was more of a cowboy-type. The reddish horse in the flashback was probably his.
__________________
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 11:20   Link #58
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
at first... I'm disappointed because I want to see Dusk Taker's arc
but somehow this episode is interesting as well...

wow! Megumi seems like is a Burst Linker as well?? I think I saw her avatar in opening song
[mod edit: removed comment]
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-13 at 22:22. Reason: removed hint
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 12:38   Link #59
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Did the staff leave a plot hole? According to the anime, losing BB leaves you with your memories intact (Yellow Radio mocking KYH with Red Rider's death), but Megumi has lost her memory of AW (assuming she was a burst linker)?
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 13:36   Link #60
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Did the staff leave a plot hole? According to the anime, losing BB leaves you with your memories intact (Yellow Radio mocking KYH with Red Rider's death), but Megumi has lost her memory of AW (assuming she was a burst linker)?
I'm pretty sure KYH outright stated a theory that losing at BB uninstalls the game and any memory you had of it at the time. Also nobody in that scenario with the Kings would have lost their memory of the game except for RR since none of them lost the game, only Red Rider did and nobody has heard from him since. If Megumi was indeed a burst linker and lost her memory it would more than likely be because she lost all her points.

Not seeing the plot hole here, but I must at least thank you for actually understanding what a plot hole would be in this case since the rest of the internet seems unable to recognize the difference between plot hole and butthurt as it pertains to anime.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.