AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-08, 05:31   Link #21
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
I guess someone actually take up the task and translate this manga... I haven't had the chance to read it yet though.

edit+
Had just read ch 2... poor ogre was destroyed by Wendigo's bufu I wonder if they can revive back just like in the game and doesn't stay dead...

Also, next chapter should be about Amane
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。



Last edited by Von Himmel; 2012-08-08 at 05:45.
Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 10:12   Link #22
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i'm still rooting for an avalanche of yuzu H manga to start rolling =/
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:43   Link #23
Neki Ecko
Do you "love" me
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko


I was checking out Yuzu outfit and it remind me of something, then I remember that they got that set for SMT: IMAGINE (Good Game BTW, needs to get push further)

But I think that this series might be turn into Anime really soon with the popularity that the SMT series getting right now.
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 13:28   Link #24
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post


I was checking out Yuzu outfit and it remind me of something, then I remember that they got that set for SMT: IMAGINE (Good Game BTW, needs to get push further)

But I think that this series might be turn into Anime really soon with the popularity that the SMT series getting right now.
I don't know about that. Was Devil Survivor really that popular compared to the rest of the SMT series?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 14:50   Link #25
Neki Ecko
Do you "love" me
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't know about that. Was Devil Survivor really that popular compared to the rest of the SMT series?
I mean with all the SMT series being popular, with Devil Survivor DS game (really good), P4A, P4G, and others. I dont know if Devil Survivor is popular like Persona, but I think its on the right direction, heck Devil Summoner manga is coming out as well.
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 17:17   Link #26
hyl
imouto lover
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
It was popular enough to get a 3ds remake and a sequel though.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 18:24   Link #27
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
It was popular enough to get a 3ds remake and a sequel though.
You could say the same about the Persona series, but 1 and 2 didn't get an anime either.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 18:31   Link #28
hyl
imouto lover
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You could say the same about the Persona series, but 1 and 2 didn't get an anime either.
Haven't you noticed how risk averse the producers are?

It took "Persona 4" 4 years to get it's own anime, regardless how immensely popular it was and how many copies of it were sold.
Persona 3 got it's own movie only after the succes of the persona 4 anime.

Also there is a huge difference of getting it's own manga compared to it's own anime. Even less popular series like manga adaptations of visual novels and eroge have their own manga, because it's much cheaper to produce them and there are less risks if it bombs.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 18:37   Link #29
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Haven't you noticed how risk averse the producers are?

It took "Persona 4" 4 years to get it's own anime, regardless how immensely popular it was and how many copies of it were sold.
Persona 3 got it's own movie only after the succes of the persona 4 anime.

Also there is a huge difference of getting it's own manga compared to it's own anime. Even less popular series like manga adaptations of visual novels and eroge have their own manga, because it's much cheaper to produce them and there are less risks if it bombs.
Of course. My point was that I disagree with Neki Echo who thinks the series has a good shot of getting an anime.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 18:42   Link #30
hyl
imouto lover
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Of course. My point was that I disagree with Neki Echo who thinks the series has a good shot of getting an anime.
While i don't think that devil survivor has a chance of an anime now, there have been instances of series (games, light novels etc.) that have a bigger chance of anime adaptation after it got something like a drama cd. Devil survivor did get a drama cd a few years ago but it ended up being used to get the 3ds remake voiced.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 11:56   Link #31
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I mean with all the SMT series being popular, with Devil Survivor DS game (really good), P4A, P4G, and others. I dont know if Devil Survivor is popular like Persona, but I think its on the right direction, heck Devil Summoner manga is coming out as well.
Actually Devil Survivor is not part of the Shin Megami Tensei series but the Megami Ibunroku series, though the MI bit's been dropped from the title in Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2. It only has the SMT title in the US for all versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
While i don't think that devil survivor has a chance of an anime now, there have been instances of series (games, light novels etc.) that have a bigger chance of anime adaptation after it got something like a drama cd. Devil survivor did get a drama cd a few years ago but it ended up being used to get the 3ds remake voiced.
Only Atsurou retained his voice actor from the drama cd though.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 23:19   Link #32
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Chapter 3 is up.. and goddamn that Amane o.o;

After reading that Laplace mail in the last page... I thought there's supposed to be another Laplace Mail that told them there's going to be an incident where 3 people died because of Blizzard? Or was it for the next day?

Also, what happened to those numbers that indicate their remaining days?
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 23:46   Link #33
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Chapter 3 is up.. and goddamn that Amane o.o;

After reading that Laplace mail in the last page... I thought there's supposed to be another Laplace Mail that told them there's going to be an incident where 3 people died because of Blizzard? Or was it for the next day?

Also, what happened to those numbers that indicate their remaining days?
The incident where three people die because of a blizzard was actually supposed to be them getting killed by Wendigo, which they averted.

You're right that it was missing from the Laplace Mail though.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-08-14 at 00:13.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 07:03   Link #34
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Let's hope they show us the number thing next ch ,no to mention the Laplace Mail that they not show us this ch. i mean that Laplace Mail it's really Important.

Quote:
Chapter 3 is up.. and goddamn that Amane o.o;
Agree. She really beautiful in this manga. I already like her the most in game but after I see her in the manga i like her even more.
Not offense for Yuzu fan but .....from my POV Amane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yuzu.(but maybe it's just me).
I'm really curios to see how many thing they will change from the game in this manga .
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 07:17   Link #35
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Haven't you noticed
Persona 3 got it's own movie only after the succes of the persona 4 anime.
huh whats this??? is there a thread here about that?
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 07:25   Link #36
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
^
There is..check the upcoming series section

Quote:
Not offense for Yuzu fan but .....from my POV Amane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yuzu.(but maybe it's just me).
I'm really curios to see how many thing they will change from the game in this manga .
..There's Yuzu fans out there? But I've heard in the 3DS version, Yuzu's epilogue is pretty good enough to regain her popularity.

Since only the leader that can see the numbers.. maybe the reason why the three of them haven't seen them yet is because that they haven't established leadership to Kazuya? It's still pretty weird though.. I wonder how the mangaka will do this and that missing laplace mail to for the next future chapters.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 12:55   Link #37
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^
There is..check the upcoming series section


..There's Yuzu fans out there? But I've heard in the 3DS version, Yuzu's epilogue is pretty good enough to regain her popularity.

Since only the leader that can see the numbers.. maybe the reason why the three of them haven't seen them yet is because that they haven't established leadership to Kazuya? It's still pretty weird though.. I wonder how the mangaka will do this and that missing laplace mail to for the next future chapters.
Yuzu was a pretty strong character on any route not her own. She stopped complaining and started fighting more.

Of course, this manga doesn't seem to be giving her any slack. Even in the intro fight they changed it from the trio each beating their own demons to form the contract to the MC beating his own then beating Atsuro's and Yuzu's demons for them while those two just get beat down.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 20:53   Link #38
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
New chapter is out. I guess the manga didn't use auction system to get a new demon but instead use their macca to buy demons by using default bid lol. Oh also, the laplace mail was shown in this chapter. The reason why they didn't show in the previous chapter was because of a 'bug' that delayed their message...

...and I didn't expect that he'll get Flaemis. I never really used him except when trying to farm mitamas at the end of the game.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 22:07   Link #39
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
If the Persona 4 anime is anything to go by, I don't think the writers care about demon/persona level. The plot related ones will stay in place, but other than that, anything goes.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 01:10   Link #40
waffler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Does anyone know what kind of endings there are in the game? is it like multiple endings or do you choose a route or something?
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.