AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-16, 14:14   Link #301
rainbowdashmio
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Ehh, truth to be told, the "rejection" started out messy thanks to Heartseed's new gimmick and it's effect on Iori but this is where the two have a heart to heart talk and mend the mess. I must say the two handled it very very maturely for teenagers.

Taichi had always held a high amount of respect and likings towards Inaba. The only difference Inaba's confession made is to add a bit of romantic element in Taichi's "like" chart as well as getting her feelings known to him.

Ah, right about Heartseed, I've heard there's two of them, but that's not the main question I'm going to ask now. My question is that in VL 1, is the body switching, VL 2 is the Inner Desire release , VL 3 was going back to their younger ages, VL 4 was sharing thoughts of some sort ? But how about VLS 5,6,7,8, what other gimmicks do Heartseed gives them. Because I know in VL 5 Taichi gives Inaba...A hard time leading them to a break up?
rainbowdashmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 14:23   Link #302
Lantern
<(゜∀。)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdashmio View Post
Ah, right about Heartseed, I've heard there's two of them, but that's not the main question I'm going to ask now. My question is that in VL 1, is the body switching, VL 2 is the Inner Desire release , VL 3 was going back to their younger ages, VL 4 was sharing thoughts of some sort ? But how about VLS 5,6,7,8, what other gimmicks do Heartseed gives them. Because I know in VL 5 Taichi gives Inaba...A hard time leading them to a break up?
Vol.5 & 8 are short stories. No Trollseed involved.

Click for gimmicks

The volume you're talking about is Vol.7.

Spoiler for copied and pasted from page 12:
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 14:32   Link #303
rainbowdashmio
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Ehh, truth to be told, the "rejection" started out messy thanks to Heartseed's new gimmick and it's effect on Iori but this is where the two have a heart to heart talk and mend the mess. I must say the two handled it very very maturely for teenagers.

Taichi had always held a high amount of respect and likings towards Inaba. The only difference Inaba's confession made is to add a bit of romantic element in Taichi's "like" chart as well as getting her feelings known to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Vol.5 & 8 are short stories. No Trollseed involved.

Click for gimmicks

The volume you're talking about is Vol.7.

Spoiler for copied and pasted from page 12:

Ah, yes. I read those threads before , I just forgot, thanks for reminding me. Do you mind telling me the heated disagreement between Taichi and Yui, Inaba and Akio. D: Also, where the heck is Iori in this mess xD
rainbowdashmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 14:36   Link #304
Lantern
<(゜∀。)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdashmio View Post
Ah, yes. I read those threads before , I just forgot, thanks for reminding me. Do you mind telling me the heated disagreement between Taichi and Yui, Inaba and Aoki. D: Also, where the heck is Iori in this mess xD
Iori took the role of a neutral negotiator between the two sides, as well as a mentor.

The disagreement has to do with the new gimmick.
Taichi wanted to use the gimmick to help the ones they see in the dreams,
While Inaba insisted that they shouldn't butt into other people's private matters as it is not in their right nor responsibility nor ability to do so, let alone abusing a power that doesn't even belong to them to begin with. And that they will do everything in their power to stop Taichi's group from doing anything out of line.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 14:42   Link #305
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Hmmmm..... I think we need to standardize how we refer to volumes.

I propose using numbers to refer to the six main volumes, and the side story volumes being referred to their titles (Clip Time and Step Time).
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 14:43   Link #306
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
Does Kokoro Connect have a social group? I think its popular enough to earn one.
__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 14:46   Link #307
Lantern
<(゜∀。)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Hmmmm..... I think we need to standardize how we refer to volumes.

I propose using numbers to refer to the six main volumes, and the side story volumes being referred to their titles (Clip Time and Step Time).
That would normally the idea, except people without knowledge of the series tend to identify with the actual volume numbers and care little about the titles. They only find out whether the volume contains the main story line or short story after they get into it.

Which is why I stick with volume numbers. It's like SAO all over again.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 14:47   Link #308
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Does Kokoro Connect have a social group? I think its popular enough to earn one.
Join the Kokoro Connect Research Club
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 14:49   Link #309
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I knew you'd come through Sume.

Think you can make a thread for all the volume illustrations as well like you did for the Oda Nobuna group?
__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 14:52   Link #310
rainbowdashmio
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Iori took the role of a neutral negotiator between the two sides, as well as a mentor.

The disagreement has to do with the new gimmick.
Taichi wanted to use the gimmick to help the ones they see in the dreams,
While Inaba insisted that they shouldn't butt into other people's private matters as it is not in their right nor responsibility nor ability to do so, let alone abusing a power that doesn't even belong to them to begin with. And that they will do everything in their power to stop Taichi's group from doing anything out of line.
Ah, wow. Really, I believe this is where Taichi's -selfless- behavior is going to affect everyone, even him; and I understand Taichi's urges to help, but I also understand Inaba's of trespassing someone's privacy. This is a tough one to which to agree even more....And yes again, Inaba, though she changed a lot through out the story, I mean a lot, she's still level headed as always. She will be one hard girlfriend xD

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-08-18 at 03:37.
rainbowdashmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 15:04   Link #311
Lantern
<(゜∀。)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdashmio View Post
Ah, wow. Really, I believe this is where Taichi's -selfless- behavior is going to affect everyone, even him; and I understand Taichi's urges to help, but I also understand Inaba's of trespassing someone's privacy. This is a tough one to which to agree even more....And yes again, Inaba, though she changed a lot through out the story, I mean a lot, she's still level headed as always. She will be one hard girlfriend xD
At first it seems that way, but through the course of that arc, you'd find that Taichi had completely cross the line of being "genuinely selfless" towards being one of "obsessive" "heroic syndrome" with "no regards of the limit of capability" who is also "imposing ideals on others" while "abusing an external power that isn't his own", completely "losing the identity" and the meaning of being "Yaegashi Taichi". He became "selfless" for the sake of just being reflexively "selfless". He had lost sight of his purpose of being "selfless". He became someone of an empty shell. During their break up, Inaba asked Taichi:

Inaba: You said you love me. What did you love about me?

He couldn't even answer this single, simple question. He could only stand there, speechless, with Inaba grimly walking off into the night without looking back.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Maybe because I've always been cynical, but I've never find overly selfless personality to be favorable. Thinking back on those marvel super hero themed movies, being a Hero takes personal strength and responsibility. If you cannot uphold either of these, your path is nothing but that of self-destruction, and consequently jeopardizing those you care in the bitter end.

From the Dark Knight:
"You either Die a Hero, or you do it long enough to see Yourself to Become a Villain."

Taichi may not have gone to that extreme, but he had certainly gone down the path of imposing yet ignorant righteousness and had effectively forgotten the very things that are truly important to him.

Clues of Taichi's inherent problem can be found through out the several main arcs:

Vol. 1 - The limit of his ability
Vol. 2 - The consequences of his actions
Vol. 3 - The burden
Vol. 4 - His imposing ideals
Vol. 6 - The effects of being given a taste of undeserved power via Chihiro

Now run down the list and have them all explode in one single arc, that is Vol. 7 Yume Random

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-08-17 at 02:24.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 15:06   Link #312
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
The extreme idealist. That is what Taichi has become, and why Inaba must rescue him.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 15:09   Link #313
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The extreme idealist. That is what Taichi has become, and why Inaba must rescue him.
This line really reminds me of the UBW end and how Tohsaka will make Shirou do things for himself and not just for others. I hope Inaba can do the same thing for Taichi that Tohsaka intended for Shirou.
__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 15:13   Link #314
rainbowdashmio
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
That was creatively from the start. Crap, I didn't notice that, thanks for noticing me so meanwhile I'm reading, I can see those stuff foreshadowing in my reading e.e . But being selfless also means being selfish P:
rainbowdashmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 15:49   Link #315
Lantern
<(゜∀。)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdashmio View Post
<-- Inaba referring to ep 6. ha.
Inaba is always sexually frustrated. It's become a tradition of Kokoro Connect. In each volume there will be at least one scene where Inaba would shamelessly spurt out / act out blatantly sexual references (all directed at Taichi of course).

i.e. from Vol.6

Polygon discussing measures against the imposter.

Taichi: That being said, it (the imposter) looked and smelled exactly like Inaba though...


Inaba: Do... Do I really smell that much? *worried*

Taichi: No...! I mean... you smell good.

Iori: PERRRVERRRT~~~!

Inaba: Ah... Is that so... Taichi thinks I smell good... Then again I'd really want a chance to blend our scent together soon~ *blushes & giggles*


Iori: EROOOOOOIII~~~!

Readers' reaction:

Maybe I should create a compilation of those scenes some time

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-08-28 at 01:50.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 15:53   Link #316
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Himeko-chan and I sure do match up, don't we?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 16:00   Link #317
Lantern
<(゜∀。)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Himeko-chan and I sure do match up, don't we?
In the sense that you both resort to comedic violence? Yeah I agree XDD
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 16:01   Link #318
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
More like in almost every aspect from body ratio to personality. Seems like the only main difference would be that I'm taller (assuming Himeko-chan is not 168 cm, which I doubt she is) and that I wouldn't be stripping in a public place just because my loved one asks me to. And I don't do a certain activity.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 16:41   Link #319
rainbowdashmio
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
I love my Himeko Inaba, really. Warm, pervy, and serious. I CAN'T.

Though, WE ALL TEENAGERS SUFFER FROM SEXUAL FRUSTRATION

And yes, please quote more stuff like these xD
rainbowdashmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 23:24   Link #320
yu3
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Nosebleed? Why it's the Inaban ultra-cuteness meter of course! Actually, ultra-cute, is a terrible understatement.
Oh!!! I understand! Inaba is reeeeealllllllly cute and sexy. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Polygon discussing measures against the imposter.

Taichi: That being said, it (the imposter) looked and smelled exactly like Inaba though...


Inaba: Do... Do I really smell that much? *worried*

Taichi: No...! I mean... you smell good.

Iori: PERRRVERRRT~~~!

Inaba: Ah... Is that so... Taichi thinks I smell good... But I'd really like the chance to blend our scent together~ *blushes & giggles*


Iori: EROOOOOOIII~~~!


O yeah, I have a question.. Did Yukiko Horiguchi draw Taichi's confession to Inaba at the church?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-08-18 at 03:33.
yu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.