AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-17, 14:14   Link #22941
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Gay parades banned in Moscow for 100 years

Banning it won't stop it. People will still go on pride parades no matter what obstacles they face.
Call in Alfa and Vympel then.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 14:35   Link #22942
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Call in Alfa and Vympel then.
You don't use special force for anti-riot action, no... unless you expect them to use lethal ammo and chemical gas

and I hope than you aren't meaning that .
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 14:40   Link #22943
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I hope there is an appeal system... that ruling was just ludicrous even for present-day Moscow. Hooliganism = playing music in the wrong place. o.O
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 14:43   Link #22944
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
You don't use special force for anti-riot action, no... unless you expect them to use lethal ammo and chemical gas

and I hope than you aren't meaning that .
Exile/extradite the whole lot of them to Mars or something (pun intended).
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 14:48   Link #22945
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I hope there is an appeal system... that ruling was just ludicrous even for present-day Moscow. Hooliganism = playing music in the wrong place. o.O
Let us hope so since this is the Russia court system we're talking about.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 15:22   Link #22946
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
There is, but why would the appeal go any better?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 15:55   Link #22947
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There is, but why would the appeal go any better?
I figure Putin to step in and do the "macho chivalrous" thing at the end... he loves that stuff, especially when he can look good releasing women who were protesting about him.

But also... it will depend on what kind of judge handles the appeal. This judge's ruling pretty well outed him as an altar boy of the Church if you read his remarks. The incident warranted a fine for disturbing the peace, at most.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 16:10   Link #22948
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Meanwhile in Russia....

Pussy Riot members jailed for two years for hooliganism

Why am i not surprise?

Gay parades banned in Moscow for 100 years

Banning it won't stop it. People will still go on pride parades no matter what obstacles they face.
Yeah, the sentense was a bit too much for this.

As for the gay parades - yeah, unfortunately you can't stop it. Good thing we have ОМОН for this(ironicaly reads as HOMO from right to left)
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 19:11   Link #22949
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Yeah, the sentense was a bit too much for this.

As for the gay parades - yeah, unfortunately you can't stop it. Good thing we have ОМОН for this(ironicaly reads as HOMO from right to left)
What the hell? Are you claiming that it's a BAD thing that gay people want their countryman to recognize them? Seriously?

I know I'm not the most understanding person in the world but even I can see how this is a major step back in human rights.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 21:24   Link #22950
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
As for the gay parades - yeah, unfortunately you can't stop it. Good thing we have ОМОН for this(ironicaly reads as HOMO from right to left)
No wonder the male troopers beat their victims so hard - must been their version of Folsom Street Fair.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 22:12   Link #22951
killer3000ad
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
South African miners protest violence leaves 30 dead
There's a video of the moment when South African cops opened up on the miners and mowed down a bunch of them. Some say the miners, armed with machetes and spears were charging the cops, others say that the miners were running from tear gas fired by the cops and moved in the direction of a line of police. Keep in mind, 2 cops were hacked to death several days earlier so I can imagine the cops were jumpy.
__________________
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 23:22   Link #22952
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
South African miners protest violence leaves 30 dead
There's a video of the moment when South African cops opened up on the miners and mowed down a bunch of them. Some say the miners, armed with machetes and spears were charging the cops, others say that the miners were running from tear gas fired by the cops and moved in the direction of a line of police. Keep in mind, 2 cops were hacked to death several days earlier so I can imagine the cops were jumpy.
yeah, once you read past the sensational headlines - it is just a messy business with no real "right/wrong".
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 00:25   Link #22953
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I figure Putin to step in and do the "macho chivalrous" thing at the end... he loves that stuff, especially when he can look good releasing women who were protesting about him.

Well, the man DOES look like he could stare down a grizzly bear to death, not to mention probably has metric tons of blood on his hands from KGB days.

That's one world leader I would NOT mess with.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 00:26   Link #22954
killer3000ad
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31

Al-Jazeera report on the South African mine incident, thankfully with none of the graphic bits. At 00.20 secs, one of the miners appears to fire a weapon at the police.
__________________
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 01:19   Link #22955
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post

Al-Jazeera report on the South African mine incident, thankfully with none of the graphic bits. At 00.20 secs, one of the miners appears to fire a weapon at the police.
With that many desperate people... it only takes a few more marginal nitwits to spark a firestorm...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 02:30   Link #22956
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post

Al-Jazeera report on the South African mine incident, thankfully with none of the graphic bits. At 00.20 secs, one of the miners appears to fire a weapon at the police.
From what I see, the shots fired on 00.22 was a return fire to the police firing shotgun shots at 00.18.

Of course, there may have been initial shots fired prior to that piece of video from either side.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 03:00   Link #22957
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
What the hell? Are you claiming that it's a BAD thing that gay people want their countryman to recognize them? Seriously?

I know I'm not the most understanding person in the world but even I can see how this is a major step back in human rights.
I'm saying that they can fuck each other, love each other etc. - nobody can or even trying to stop them. Making a scene because of this is BAD.

Recognise what? A mental disease*? An awful mistake of nature?

Step back in human rights? Where? As I already said - nobody is trying to make them be straight or something.

Not to mention that many people find the very fact of homosexual relations disgusting.

*Homosexuality was officially removed from the Russian list of mental illnesses in 1999 (after endorsing ICD-10).
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.

Last edited by konart; 2012-08-18 at 03:19.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 03:05   Link #22958
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I'm saying that they can fuck each other, love each other etc. - nobody can or even trying to stop them. Making a scene because of this is BAD.

Recognise what? A mental disease? An awful mistake of nature?

Step back in human rights? Where? As I already said - nobody is trying to make them be straight or something.

Not to mention that many people find the very fact of homosexual relations disgusting.
Homosexual acts ARE socially wrong and ethically unacceptable from the social point of view, however these people are still human beings, therefore they have something called personal rights - to love whoever they want without restriction or risk to their lives. I can tolerate that; just keep those intimate acts private and stop corrupting the minds of the children.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 03:15   Link #22959
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Homosexual acts ARE socially wrong and ethically unacceptable from the social point of view, however these people are still human beings, therefore they have something called personal rights - to love whoever they want without restriction or risk to their lives. I can tolerate that; just keep those intimate acts private and stop corrupting the minds of the children.
^this.
And same-sex sexual activity is legal in Russia since 1993.
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 04:49   Link #22960
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
They aren't doing gay parade for the fun, they do it to show people they exist and as such laws should evolve to make them enter in our society.

for example mariage here is considered as the vow between a man and a woman, it's the law, as such homosexual can't marry. Morality and ethnicity evolves by far faster than laws, if they simply wait nobody's going to give them a single care.

And to say ti's socially wrong is quite arguable, just watch the evolution of homoseuxality between 60' and today, it passed from "an illness/deviance" to "is tolerable".

I personally don't see in what way trying to have the same rights as the others is BAD. But the only valable reason I can see is you disgusting them?
Zakoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.