AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-18, 00:24   Link #3381
Wigwams

if i was in charge i would make NV stacks trigger MF/GF on objects. like 1NV = 20% of GF/MF applies. though im not sure, i think bots wont be able to kill elites in inferno.

congrats on killing diablo inferno.
Old 2012-08-18, 00:53   Link #3382
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Wow, your monk has less damage than mines, less life regen and life on hit than mines, but mines is still hitting a wall in act 2.

I think my problem is that I've been focusing too much on crit and don't have the hp and resists necessary to survive. I definitely need more resists.

I've switched to my barb for now however, which I feel more comfortable with (and a lot easier to gear for). I want to move onto other games but I want to clear inferno with at least one class.
You can try linking your profile. It shouldn't take more than a mil these days to smash Act 2.

Yea, my gear isn't very good (500~ LOH, negligible Life regen); not a single piece costs even 1 mil since I sold most of my stuff on the RMAH. (moved to hc for a long while before my friends quit) So this was just kind of a self imposed challenge on myself to see if I could complete inferno anyways. Of course, gear is a LOT cheaper now. My old gear had like 18k but resists were weaker.

But yea, I went from 800 resist all to 1000 resist all, and the differences were huge. I was just running into most mobs in act 4 doing w/e, though there are still some very imba kinds of damages that have to be dodged like the fire bombs and oppressors (those were the guys I thought were corrupted angels) are just plain stupid. Mallet lords of course hurt like hell still. I can also survive long enough just through breath of heaven and potions if I get walled in with something like plague or molten until the wall crumbles.

The lack of DPS sucks though. I've never had an enrage timer get me but it's gotten close a few times.

The other main improvement I did for myself was to not fire off cooldowns at once. In act 1 and act 2 I can just blind, BoH damage buff, serenity and take down the mobs. In Act 3+ you can no longer just dps down enemies and may have to run, so alternating between serenity and blind really lets you have an escape path if things go south.

If I were to continue trying to upgrade, I'd find pieces with higher armor and maybe drop some vitality. Life regen rocks too. Getting crit hit and more damage is nice, but that's just icing to me. I don't really find myself killing too slow even in Act 4. I also really want more LOH, but that proved hella expensive.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 01:28   Link #3383
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Inferno Diablo, at least with my monk, is an endurance match. All you do is to outlast him. Elite Packs in Act IV are a different matter of course, but at least in Single they don't have the outrageous HPs they have while playing in a team, which I think is one of the contributing factors why anything more than having 2 people in Act IV is just asking for trouble.
Old 2012-08-18, 05:44   Link #3384
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You can't balance a game around cheaters, this is a fact. But Blizzard is doing exactly that.
More like you can't balance a random earnings game around auction houses.

Frankly you might as well get rid of trade as well, just allow it for items that drop while you're in the instance and in the party and forbid it for every other case. Since every other case is either just a subtle way of spoiling the game for yourself or catering to auction-house-horing, 3rd parties, cheaters, etc

(if only PoE had come sooner)
Old 2012-08-18, 06:04   Link #3385
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

But the auction house is the only thing good about this game!
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-08-18, 06:25   Link #3386
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
But the auction house is the only thing good about this game!
I haven't played the game in months, just waiting for (a good) patch to come out so I can get back into it. The only thing about Diablo3 I give a damn about is playing some HC characters. Ironically the itemization in this game is what ruined the game for me, be it directly (auction house making everything you pick up look like shit) or indirectly (friends just doing mindless goblin runs, talking only about auction house, etc).

There should really be a button to create non-auction-house-characters. (If you're wondering why there needs to be a button; it's because there needs to be a separate stash!) The endless question, purge stash and do HC iron man runs, or... stick with "I'm not stupid, not going to remove shit I spend time on". God damn coin flips...

Now that I think of, there wasn't a auction house when they were testing, so I guess playing iron man is actually playing the game as it was intended to be played (or imagined it would be played like).

ps.

Q. Is there a positive-thinking D3 community out there? official forums are infested with whining mongrels.
Old 2012-08-18, 06:29   Link #3387
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
~~ Q. Is there a positive-thinking D3 community out there? official forums are infested with whining mongrels.
The official forums are actually quite a good source of information, but one would really need to develop a sort of zen about it and just zone out the drivel. Thread titles alone will generally indicate what sort of "content" it has. Generally speaking, any thread that begins with, "We Need To Talk, Blizzard" or such are to be avoided in order to preserve your sanity and avoid IQ-Suicide.

Cheers.
Old 2012-08-18, 06:46   Link #3388
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Quote:
I haven't played the game in months, just waiting for (a good) patch to come out so I can get back into it. The only thing about Diablo3 I give a damn about is playing some HC characters. Ironically the itemization in this game is what ruined the game for me, be it directly (auction house making everything you pick up look like shit) or indirectly (friends just doing mindless goblin runs, talking only about auction house, etc).

There should really be a button to create non-auction-house-characters. (If you're wondering why there needs to be a button; it's because there needs to be a separate stash!) The endless question, purge stash and do HC iron man runs, or... stick with "I'm not stupid, not going to remove shit I spend time on". God damn coin flips...

Now that I think of, there wasn't a auction house when they were testing, so I guess playing iron man is actually playing the game as it was intended to be played (or imagined it would be played like).

ps.

Q. Is there a positive-thinking D3 community out there? official forums are infested with whining mongrels.
Well, trading is a important part of the game, AH or not. It provides a secure outlet from trade windows scams (Which are terrible lately). And Diablo has always been about the loot, so it's only natural people talk about loot. And if anything the AH is better on hardcore actually, since death is a legit item sink though sadly my friends died to lag/rubberbanding so nobody will play hc with me anymore. :S

But yes, the itemization blows in that items are boring and have no lasting value.

And the official forums have always been full of trolls for the longest time, and the biggest fansites are just as full of bile. Honestly, you're best off just looking in this very thread.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-08-18, 07:02   Link #3389
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
And Diablo has always been about the loot, so it's only natural people talk about loot.
I remember when I took a break from it the talk had come to be something like "bouth a YYYYYY gold item for XXXXXX gold [...] my ZZZZ gold pants are better then the XXXX gold pants [...] found YYYYYY gold gloves [after mindless goblin farming]!". Some time later it went into "$$$$" talk. they should just have made it into some "goblin farmville" facebook game.
Old 2012-08-18, 13:21   Link #3390
Xefi
☆-Locked Inside Forever-☆
*Graphic Designer

^ i farm the Butcher more, so they should make me a "Butcher farmville!"

Quote:
ps.

it was actually fun seeing them post though. i thought the whiners were quite entertaining...well, some.

the D3 community here is ok. i dont think we whine much...maybe a little, but
we can be helpful if somebody needed help here. i guess the community here
is good.
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 14:18   Link #3391
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I wasn't really questioning this thread; the community here is always pretty 90:10 signal to white-noise ratio.
Old 2012-08-18, 16:58   Link #3392
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
^ i farm the Butcher more, so they should make me a "Butcher farmville!"
Are bosses even worth doing these days? They do drop yellows but it's generally pretty awful. ivl55 or something
Quote:
it was actually fun seeing them post though. i thought the whiners were quite entertaining...well, some.
Yea, it's funny to see how people get worked up over a video game, and they keep trying to demean others. (I don't have good stuff because I have a life, or You people suck because you haven't this and that). If they were so confident in themselves, there's no need to bring it up. But naturally to say, it's fun trolling material. But don't cuss. You can apparently call Blizzard retarded monkeys, but you can't say "monsters were scared shitless"-- yes they deleted/temp banned me for that. Technically it can also be reported in game if someone was being a dick. Geez, Blizzard, this game is rated M for mature.

Oh, and nice avatar; that was my main reason for replying, not D3 XD.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-08-18, 20:22   Link #3393
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

You know, I just noticed that, for all Archon's complaints that his (monk) gear was rebuilt on the cheap, he STILL has better resists and DPS than I do. Go figure. :P

Hmm, now I need to get both my Wizard and Daemonhunter to Azmodan, so I can get to Act IV inferno already.
Old 2012-08-18, 21:58   Link #3394
Who

My friend recently made an Android app for the Auction House and wanted to promote it. It's free of cost to install as well. He'd also love feedback on the app as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...VscGVyZnJlZSJd
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 18:01   Link #3395
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...gs-on-diablo-3
One of the best interviews I have seen. Creator of Diablo speaking his thoughts on d3.
Sorry if this has been posted already.
Old 2012-08-19, 18:17   Link #3396
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...gs-on-diablo-3
One of the best interviews I have seen. Creator of Diablo speaking his thoughts on d3.
Sorry if this has been posted already.
Diablo 3 is not a bad game. If you never played the series, it's actually a decent game. But I think any true fan of the series would note that this game is very distant from what Diablo is about. The itemization in D1/D2 wasn't as black and white aka (<60 non jewelry = vendor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You know, I just noticed that, for all Archon's complaints that his (monk) gear was rebuilt on the cheap, he STILL has better resists and DPS than I do. Go figure. :P

Hmm, now I need to get both my Wizard and Daemonhunter to Azmodan, so I can get to Act IV inferno already.
Oh, my DPS was about the same as yours. I upgraded the weapon after beating act 4 and I sold that plan I found there-- before that I was using like a 820 dps 100 dex socketed dagger, so the total cost was still close to 3 mil. Now it's about 3 millions more. Probably not a great deal but given how much less I'll play the game, I didn't want to spend too much time hunting. Also, your armor and boots and pants are really good too.

Main things to work on is to get a socket in your helm for the +% life and get a shield with good blocking. I would tell you to aim for crit chance helm/bracers/gloves, but to get those and have double resists makes them really expensive and not needed until you get richer.

I tried out some pubbie games. There was this annoying monk with a 300 dps weapon. That's not the main problem-- he was afking a ton and nobody would boot. It seemed like he was just trying to leech quest, but whatever.

I was messing with cyclone strike, so demon hunters can easily take monsters down when I pull them all in.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-08-19, 23:41   Link #3397
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who plays Diablo for the story. And I loved D3's story, though I'm somewhat frustrated that a lot of the ideas for my old fanfic was used by D3.
Old 2012-08-19, 23:49   Link #3398
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Archon Wing: Actually I'm trying to find more stuff with LPS at this point, to make up for the really average LPS given by my Radiant Star Amethyst. I figure I can last longer (and tank better for my friends) against stuff like Desecrate or Plagued if I can get it to 1500-LPS or better. My shield is next on the list, so hopefully I can get a better deal in the next few days, THEN its on to my helmet.
Old 2012-08-20, 01:50   Link #3399
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who plays Diablo for the story. And I loved D3's story, though I'm somewhat frustrated that a lot of the ideas for my old fanfic was used by D3.
Despite the hate the D3 story (or Leah to be precise) has received in the offical forum, I liked it well enough. I would love an expansion that's about saving Leah and a final expansion showdown with *greater evil x* as a tag-team . Could even be a multi-stage battle where the "rescue" happens during the fight and she joins the fight during the last two or so "forms" of the enemy.
But, on the other hand I have yet to complete hell mode on one character due to multiple games which are more enjoyable since then.
Diablo 3 Battletag: Mahou#2744 Visual Novel Addict
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 02:40   Link #3400
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Diablo 3 having a flawed story is never a deal breaker for me. Still, as others said, there are other games to play that are better. I am no longer certain I would come back after the next patch, though I probably will take a look when the expansion appears.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler