AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-19, 05:36   Link #61
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think they'd have said something about it if it was like that. SAO isn't the first NervGear game.
SAO is the first NervGear MMORPG. And NervGear was the first <<VR technology>> which led up to <<Neuro-Linker>> in 2033.... I think?

(This is all basic Ep 1 detail of both SAO and AW.)
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 05:39   Link #62
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
SAO is the first NervGear MMORPG. And NervGear was the first <<VR technology>>
But there were a handful of proof of concept games before that. Simpler, but not so simple they wouldn't have noticed a time distortion of that magnitude.

Quote:
which led up to <<Neuro-Linker>> in 2033.... I think?
Wrong. There is no confirmation that SAO and AW are in the same universe. Word of God is somewhere between noncommittal and outright negative.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 07:36   Link #63
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Wrong. There is no confirmation that SAO and AW are in the same universe. Word of God is somewhere between noncommittal and outright negative.
Blame the manga cus it was mentioned there (as well, so I thought I heard ep 1 say something indirectly)!

Also Vol 1 mentions...
Spoiler:


Accel World and SAO aren't "in the same universe" as said, but the author already made up his mind to make them compatible with each other... in case he changes his mind or something.

Spoiler for EDIT: Unrel:

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2012-08-19 at 07:49.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 07:46   Link #64
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
SAO is the first NervGear MMORPG. And NervGear was the first <<VR technology>> which led up to <<Neuro-Linker>> in 2033.... I think?

(This is all basic Ep 1 detail of both SAO and AW.)
SAO is the first real NervGEAR MMO, but ep1 of SAO points out that it's not the first MMO title. Anh_Minh is correct. The previous games were probably just proof of concept titles, or something similar. As for ties between SAO and AW, who knows. Seems likely they're at least in the same universe.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 08:05   Link #65
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
The author says they're not necessarily the same universe, but I'm not put my head behind the headphones and say "They are. Too much Continuity Nod."
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 08:13   Link #66
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
The author says they're not necessarily the same universe, but I'm not put my head behind the headphones and say "They are. Too much Continuity Nod."
We have an Accel World and SAO connections and comparisons thread if you want to speculate about whether the two worlds are connected/related or not. I honestly think that the author himself still hasn't decided if they are.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 08:30   Link #67
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
We have an Accel World and SAO connections and comparisons thread if you want to speculate about whether the two worlds are connected/related or not. I honestly think that the author himself still hasn't decided if they are.
...okay... I haven't noticed it in either the Accel World subforum and SAO subforum because....?

===

I have no idea what to talk about this thread anymore, mostly because this is a damn no-spoiler thr- *shot*

Wait... does anyone have a clear explanation on <<Griselda's Ghost>>?

I mean... not even the server could emulate....a real person's thoughts.....right? *shot by self*
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 08:35   Link #68
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
...okay... I haven't noticed it in either the Accel World subforum and SAO subforum because....?
Hm. Because I guess you haven't checked the second page of the SAO sub-forum? ;p

Quote:
Wait... does anyone have a clear explanation on <<Griselda's Ghost>>?
There's somewhat of explanation, but it's a little spoilerish.. so..
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 08:54   Link #69
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Wait... does anyone have a clear explanation on <<Griselda's Ghost>>?
On the non-spoiler side of things (thread constraints and all) I'd say it's more a 'sense of wonder' moment, more than anything else. It gives Kirito x Asuna a nice moment, and that's probably all it really needs to be.

I would have preferred they didn't include it, and padded other areas better, but it's not my adaption.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 10:07   Link #70
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
I guess it's one of the Abandoned Threads!

Time for Revival! *prepares a long post*

======

Well, a good theory could be that SAO actually records the thoughts of the 10,000 people somewhere and tries to emulate it? Is that even possible? I mean... does the NervGear have the capacity to capture "emotions"?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 10:57   Link #71
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
SAO is the first real NervGEAR MMO, but ep1 of SAO points out that it's not the first MMO title. Anh_Minh is correct. The previous games were probably just proof of concept titles, or something similar. As for ties between SAO and AW, who knows. Seems likely they're at least in the same universe.
Wii Sports and the like, is how I imagined the older games.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 15:03   Link #72
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Wii Sports and the like, is how I imagined the older games.
The LN's touch upon a year+ of prior NervGEAR MMO-styled games, but suffice to say they aren't terribly exciting. Hard to say whether or not single player non-sub based games would be worth the massive chunk of cash you'd have to sink for 30-50 hours of content in a VR type setting.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 14:49   Link #73
jcdietz03
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Not emotions, but it's shown within the game that the system can create a 3D model of the user (primarily for display to other users). This data could be recorded by the SAO system and used for any purpose, if it's programmed to do so. It isn't known whether the online component of the NervGear platform is required to create the 3D models, but it's still impressive.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 22:27   Link #74
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
This could be one of nerveGear roadmap.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...our-brain.html

and maybe this

http://emotiv.com/
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 05:50   Link #75
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
This could be one of nerveGear roadmap.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...our-brain.html

and maybe this

http://emotiv.com/
The article is 2009. This is 2012. Am I missing something here? or has everyone already moved on to become mind-readers in the RL?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 07:16   Link #76
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
The article is 2009. This is 2012. Am I missing something here? or has everyone already moved on to become mind-readers in the RL?
Do you think we'd tell you if we were, and you weren't, silly silly person~
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 07:50   Link #77
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
Do you think we'd tell you if we were, and you weren't, silly silly person~
*gah!*

anyway, how does Emotiv actually work? Detect waves through the use of sonar or something...? Or through direct contact? Or through ... microwaves?

I actually don't get how they translate those brainwaves to input....
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 09:42   Link #78
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
The article is 2009. This is 2012. Am I missing something here? or has everyone already moved on to become mind-readers in the RL?
Maybe it was prototype at 2009, it's become commercially available at 2012, it's still have some kind (a boring one) of calibration before we use it, but 10 years again I think we'll see the possibility of it become nerveGear .
But we must definitely check Kayaba is not one of the creator.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 10:28   Link #79
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Maybe it was prototype at 2009, it's become commercially available at 2012, it's still have some kind (a boring one) of calibration before we use it, but 10 years again I think we'll see the possibility of it become nerveGear .
But we must definitely check Kayaba is not one of the creator.
I'd be safer knowing the exact specifications used in that thing: ie, solid state devices used, laser level, microwave level warnings... etc.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 22:47   Link #80
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
I wonder how long will it takes to make VR gameplay a reality....I bet about 10 years times.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.