AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Horizon S2 - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 21 55.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 23.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-22, 17:18   Link #41
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
^
There can be only one Cloud and one Sephiroth.
Though trough whole episode I was hoping that Toori to would enter the scene and do something badass. Every ep I hope he will do something more than just be a comic relief. I know that all of his retainers have super powers in various departmens and also are super smart. But I really wish that the man himself will shine. In season one he had more situations where he behaved like a true king, hope he will have some moments in this season to. Having him flash his ass can be funny for a certain amount of time.
that is not going to happen, Toori is your old style D&D Cleric. Someone who is essential but is not a frontline character.
Old 2012-08-22, 21:12   Link #42
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
And gawd, Neito was 'HNNNG' adorable in this episode with all dat blushing.

Meeeeeeeeeh. I was hoping Futayo would show up a in a dress.. Sure, I'd probably die of blood loss, but 'ey, it'd be worth it. Ah well. Maybe next time.

He's a genius, I say! A very weird one, but a genius nevertheless; those soldiers must feel very demoralized after seeing him.. in that.
I loved every moment when Toori and Horizon payed her a visit. haha. Nate was so cute when she covered her face with the sheet to hide her embarrassment. That one almost gave me diabetes. lol.

I sure hope we see her wearing something else other than her usual attire and with her hair down of course.

haha. It looked like the world just ended for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuusei View Post
I thought Tori had to make a joke about Tenzo was because he's not supposed to feel sad right or else the backlash from his contract will happen right?
Oh, right. It explains Toori's overall attitude in regards to Tenzou's state. I always forget that Toori is not allowed to feel sad since its against his contract. I have to keep that fact in mind.
Old 2012-08-22, 21:15   Link #43
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Oh, right. It explains Toori's overall attitude in regards to Tenzou's state. I always forget that Toori is not allowed to feel sad since its against his contract. I have to keep that fact in mind.
Sometimes.. showing sympathy to a friend is good... but it may not solve anything...

Cheering them up and encouraging them instead is very... very beneficial!!!

Go!!! Tenzo!!!
Old 2012-08-22, 22:12   Link #44
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

And then Aoi is in a dress and then naked again after getting a table end thrown at him twice
Old 2012-08-23, 04:49   Link #45
monir
cho~ kakkoii

What exactly Toori was applying on Nate's nail and why? Even with the sub, I didn't understand the part. It seems it had something to do with healing.

Very good episode. I like this type of talking-head ones, especially whenever Masazumi is on, because she throws out a lot of info that appeared obscure in previous episodes. For examply, the whole politics behind the reenactment, and why England's hands were tied.
Old 2012-08-23, 10:59   Link #46
Raviel

I've developed a greater appreciation for this ep after watching it a second time.

So basically this is England's situation?

1. They can't attack Musashi because most of their forces are tied up getting ready for the battle with the Spanish Armada.

2. They requested help from other nations to be able to deal with Musashi but Masazumi turns this around thus making it look like England is taking advantage of other countries, which in turn puts England in Musashi's debt (?)

3. Use of Excalibur is out of the question since it would make historical re-enactment a problem for them later on.

Did I get it right so far?
Old 2012-08-23, 12:37   Link #47
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I've developed a greater appreciation for this ep after watching it a second time.

So basically this is England's situation?

1. They can't attack Musashi because most of their forces are tied up getting ready for the battle with the Spanish Armada.

2. They requested help from other nations to be able to deal with Musashi but Masazumi turns this around thus making it look like England is taking advantage of other countries, which in turn puts England in Musashi's debt (?)

3. Use of Excalibur is out of the question since it would make historical re-enactment a problem for them later on.

Did I get it right so far?
My Interpretation of
#2, England has NOT requested help yet. Masazumi points out it would be a lost of face to England if they had to request help to deal with Musashi.
Old 2012-08-23, 13:02   Link #48
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
^
There can be only one Cloud and one Sephiroth.
Though trough whole episode I was hoping that Toori to would enter the scene and do something badass. Every ep I hope he will do something more than just be a comic relief. I know that all of his retainers have super powers in various departmens and also are super smart. But I really wish that the man himself will shine. In season one he had more situations where he behaved like a true king, hope he will have some moments in this season to. Having him flash his ass can be funny for a certain amount of time.
Toori is a worshipper of the God of Entertainment. He is a professional comedian the same way his sister is an erotic dancer. He is the Jester. He will never be regal, that's against his religion.

In a way, his lifelong contract is a religious commitment. In the sense that in exchange for perks, sadness is now punishable by death. He knew about this ahead of time from when Horizon first died, so he had trained himself to be who he is today.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-08-23 at 13:15.
Old 2012-08-24, 11:20   Link #49
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that is not going to happen, Toori is your old style D&D Cleric. Someone who is essential but is not a frontline character.
I don't expect him to go head first flames blazing and roflstomp everyone with his dick Kamehameha. Though him playing some major part would be nice. He could do something meaningful while still retaining his second line position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Toori is a worshipper of the God of Entertainment. He is a professional comedian the same way his sister is an erotic dancer. He is the Jester. He will never be regal, that's against his religion.

In a way, his lifelong contract is a religious commitment. In the sense that in exchange for perks, sadness is now punishable by death. He knew about this ahead of time from when Horizon first died, so he had trained himself to be who he is today.
Yeah I remember his contract and battery scene from season one. But that didn't change that he was a vegetable after horizon death.
That also doesn't change the fact that he can play the jester and be a damn amazing shrewd character.
Joker from batman was jesting yet badass. As for games comparison, Cycero from Skyrim, he is a jester but that doesn't change the fact that he can gut you like a fish while telling you a joke.

I just really lack the feeling of MC doing something meaningful. I'm more than content with boobs and ass everywhere and *girls rock* in every scene. But I sometimes wish for MC which Toori is like it or not, to do something cool once in a while.
For example in that scene where he was a girl, he could do some smart jokes to the queen and stuff. And yet all we got is his harem stripping him naked and binding him in some locker room, like in some cheap BSDM p0rn.
Old 2012-08-24, 18:49   Link #50
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I just really lack the feeling of MC doing something meaningful. I'm more than content with boobs and ass everywhere and *girls rock* in every scene. But I sometimes wish for MC which Toori is like it or not, to do something cool once in a while.
For example in that scene where he was a girl, he could do some smart jokes to the queen and stuff. And yet all we got is his harem stripping him naked and binding him in some locker room, like in some cheap BSDM p0rn.
Tori is a jester. He doesn't make smart jokes; that's his sister's job. I just think if you are hoping he would become something other than who he made himself the last few years, you are setting up for disappointment.

Tori delegates. The VP is much better than him in doing serious political talk, so he let her do the negotiations with the queen. The same way he let the treasurer handle the money. That's how a ruler works; to use the people under your command effectively, not to do stuff personally when there are better people for the task.
Tori made it clear exactly what he wanted. This is really his true duty; to make the final decision on the direction his country would go, and take the responsibility for the consequences. He might have been stripped naked and tied up, but his will is still carried out to the letter.
Old 2012-08-24, 20:30   Link #51
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
..... that's his sister's job....
Aoi's jokes are nearly all full of sarcasms....
Old 2012-08-24, 22:32   Link #52
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What exactly Toori was applying on Nate's nail and why? Even with the sub, I didn't understand the part. It seems it had something to do with healing.
I thought it was nail strengthener. She couldn't use her silver chains in battle because she chipped her nails.
Old 2012-08-24, 23:13   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Joker from batman was jesting yet badass. As for games comparison, Cycero from Skyrim, he is a jester but that doesn't change the fact that he can gut you like a fish while telling you a joke.
Wow, those are rather inappropriately examples to be honest.

Both of them are murdering psychopaths first and foremost.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-24 at 23:32.
Closed Thread