AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-29, 08:39   Link #2001
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlystrike View Post
Who the heck is Koi?
Not who, what. It's the shorten name of Koimonogatari the last book of season 2.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 12:08   Link #2002
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Hanekawa using Araragi's toothbrush.
Hanekawa in Araragi's pajamas.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 08:53   Link #2003
raikou
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Does anyone know when the last three novels will be coming out? I've read all of them already :/
raikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 12:16   Link #2004
Palom
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 31
I've read that Yotsugi Doll will be released at the end of August.
Palom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 16:31   Link #2005
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Hanekawa in Araragi's pajamas.
Well, at least she can use her OWN underwear
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 16:10   Link #2006
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Well, at least she can use her OWN underwear
Did she? I thought she was out of underwear so she had to purchase some from the convenience store, then use Hitagi's later when she stayed at her place.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 18:42   Link #2007
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Did she? I thought she was out of underwear so she had to purchase some from the convenience store, then use Hitagi's later when she stayed at her place.
I haven't read beyond Nise-, but one of running gags in Kizu- was that Koyomi was "collecting" Tsubasa's underwear
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 09:40   Link #2008
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
So on september 28th a complete guidebook to nisemonogatari will be released as well as Tsukimonogatari as confirmed by Kodansha.

http://seventhstyle.com/2012/08/10/n...ukimonogatari/
__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 11:22   Link #2009
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
While at least now there is a definite release date for Tsukimonogatari, it still irks me this delay. The book better be good.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 08:04   Link #2010
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Cover art for Tsukimonogatari has been revealed via ad in the final volume of Nisemonogatari's video release.

Source
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 09:04   Link #2011
DeliriousEagle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The forest or any tree really
Wow it is a ghost town in here....Nice cover
DeliriousEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 10:50   Link #2012
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Cover art for Tsukimonogatari has been revealed via ad in the final volume of Nisemonogatari's video release.

Source
OH SNAP!! VOFAN actually followed the anime's character design for Ononoki. Unless VOFAN designed it already in the first place and it was the anime that followed him...
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 13:53   Link #2013
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
OH SNAP!! VOFAN actually followed the anime's character design for Ononoki. Unless VOFAN designed it already in the first place and it was the anime that followed him...
There is a possibility that it's the latter, as VOFAN doesn't necessarily draw his illustrations just before the book comes out.

(I also guess the illustration inside depicts Kagenui)

Anyway, it wouldn't be bad even the former, since VOFAN is not always faithful to Nisio's descriptions.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 06:06   Link #2014
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Dat posed look.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 15:33   Link #2015
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I've found even the text on the back of Tsukimonogatari:

゛頼むからひと思いにーー人思いにやってくれ゛

少しずつ、だがしかし確実に

「これまで目を瞑ってきたこと」を精算させられていく阿良々木暦

大学受験も差し迫った2月、

ついに彼の身に起こった゛見過ごすことのできない゛変化とは……。

〈物語〉は終わりへ向けて、憑かれたように走りはじめるーー

青春に、別れの言葉はつきものだ。

"I beg you, do it for me single-mindedly -- do it for me as if I were a human" {untranslatable play on words here, there is a word that it's not technically a word, just some kanji slapped together}

Little by little, but with certainty

Araragi Koyomi made me recognize that "until now I have shut my eyes{/pretended not to know}"

2 months before the university entry exam,

At last a change that "could not be overlooked" happened to his body.......

While directed toward the end, <Monogatari> starts running as if possessed.

For the youth, parting words are a given{"tsukimono" also means "evil spirit". Here it's in hiragana, so it's ambiguous.}
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 15:44   Link #2016
Romanticide
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
I've found even the text on the back of Tsukimonogatari:

゛頼むからひと思いにーー人思いにやってくれ゛

少しずつ、だがしかし確実に

「これまで目を瞑ってきたこと」を精算させられていく阿良々木暦

大学受験も差し迫った2月、

ついに彼の身に起こった゛見過ごすことのできない゛変化とは……。

〈物語〉は終わりへ向けて、憑かれたように走りはじめるーー

青春に、別れの言葉はつきものだ。

"I beg you, do it for me single-mindedly -- do it for me as if I were a human" {untranslatable play on words here, there is a word that it's not technically a word, just some kanji slapped together}

Little by little, but with certainty

Araragi Koyomi made me recognize that "until now I have shut my eyes{/pretended not to know}"

2 months before the university entry exam,

At last a change that "could not be overlooked" happened to his body.......

While directed toward the end, <Monogatari> starts running as if possessed.

For the youth, parting words are a given{"tsukimono" also means "evil spirit". Here it's in hiragana, so it's ambiguous.}
I wonder if the change is because of his relationship with Shinobu? Being part human and vampire?
__________________

avatar by mangatron
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 00:08   Link #2017
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Delusional predictions judging from the intro text. Its either...

Spoiler for :


Spoiler for :


then the battle with Ougi will be continued on Owarimono
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 02:42   Link #2018
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post

2 months before the university entry exam,
So when exactly is that? December? November?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 03:55   Link #2019
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
So when exactly is that? December? November?
From Kizu I gather in Japan a school year ends during Spring Break, which is March to April. I guess enrollment in university happens in April, which means that it should be February.

Anyway, it sounds like Nisio has invented a plot point concerning Araragi for the last season.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 04:11   Link #2020
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the land down under ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
So when exactly is that? December? November?
Actually, it's in February, and the exams are happening just after this is taking place.


大学受験も差し迫った2月
=> In February, with university exams imminent...
__________________



You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.



"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes


karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, nishio, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.