AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-27, 19:00   Link #181
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Seems like you had fun with Matsuribayashi too. Good, good.

You missed Locomotive Tomitake though lol
__________________
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 19:07   Link #182
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Minagoroshi Part 3 Notes

Spoiler:
roffled at your final 5 points.

Then again, I think in a way, Minagoroshi-hen's ending is the truest of them all, while Matsuribayashi-hen is more like a "good end", so it really deserves more credit than just another "bad ending".
__________________
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 13:37   Link #183
SuperBlooper
Dynamic Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Post

Does anyone know when MangaGamer will release Tsumihoroboshi-hen for iPod touch? They've released Onikakushi, Watanagashi, Tatorigoshi, Himatsubashi and Mekashi already. I really want to play Tsumihoroboshi, it's my favourite arc.
__________________
SuperBlooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 11:19   Link #184
Draugur
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westfalen
Can somebody tell me how to reach "Piece 52" in the Kai novel which is like the anime epilogue? I thought I had played through the whole Matsuribayashi arc but I didn't come across that piece.

Edit: I think I found a description, I hope it will work.

Last edited by Draugur; 2012-08-18 at 13:54.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 05:32   Link #185
battle22
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Age: 18
Send a message via Skype™ to battle22
Rereading Tatarigoroshi... Damn Keiichi is so annoying in the VN ,First of all he is a total moron and a idiot, He calls Mion a rich bastard not saving satoko when she can and makes her cry (Rena then tells him that mion is not the only rich family memeber here and anathor one is keiichi) , Then goes to MIONS house telling her that SHE IS THE MURDERER of the deaths and tells her to kill Tepei.....Poor Mion..Always gets bullied by everyone in every arc. Keiichi is always rude to everyone, Tells Chie-sensei that She cant do anything to save satoko and uses the exact same words Mion and Rena told him
Then screams at Rika for being so uncaring
And above this, he is not in the hinamizawa syndrome yet...........
I was never annoyed by him in the anime but reading his idiotic thoughts is unpleaseant.
Do you guys feel the same way? Or...Am I the first person to Hate K1? XDD
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 13:18   Link #186
Draugur
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westfalen
Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
Rereading Tatarigoroshi... Damn Keiichi is so annoying in the VN ,First of all he is a total moron and a idiot, He calls Mion a rich bastard not saving satoko when she can and makes her cry (Rena then tells him that mion is not the only rich family memeber here and anathor one is keiichi)
I love this dialogue and think it's one of the best in all of Higurashi. The tension between Keiichi, Mion and Rena is unbelievable and they attack each other so sharply. I really love Rena's sarcasm when she tells Keiichi to take Satoko to his own home. It's a shame this dialogue didn't make it into the anime.

Keiichi may be "stupid" but he really cares about Satoko. The monologue when he sits in his room and thinks about keeping Satoko in the closet is very moving and also one of the best pieces in Higurashi in my opinion. I like Keiichi much more when he keeps making mistakes all the time. I personally think he's much more annoying in Minagoroshi-hen when he gets the praise all the time. Ryukishi really overdoes it there, sorry.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 01:53   Link #187
battle22
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Age: 18
Send a message via Skype™ to battle22
Yeah Rena is awesome to use sarcasm like that, But still , Keiichi attacked Mion for no reason.I know he cares for satoko and that is sweet but he is not the only one who is worried. He should understand that, He hurts his friends for no reason, screaming at chie for now reason.
Anyway I really dislike him .lol Just my opinion I guess.
__________________
A not-so-average Umineko gameboard
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 04:01   Link #188
Draugur
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westfalen
I agree with you that Keiichi is very wrong to attack Mion but he sort of makes up for it when he thinks the whole following night about how he could save Satoko.

I think that's the most important aspect of the Keiichi character. He keeps making bad mistakes all the time in the question arcs but somehow learns from all of them as he keeps on going through the different worlds.

Maybe Keiichi is a reflection of the reader himself who goes through many wrong understandings of what happens in the story, correcting his errors as he goes on reading.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 14:07   Link #189
battle22
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Age: 18
Send a message via Skype™ to battle22
He is a lot more likeable in Kai arcs and Yeah I think you're right...
__________________
A not-so-average Umineko gameboard

Last edited by battle22; 2012-08-26 at 13:23.
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 12:55   Link #190
Draugur
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westfalen
I'm re-reading Tatarigoroshi myself at the moment and some things still seem unclear to me. I thought - having read this in this board - Rena and Mion are trying to protect Keiichi by making up an alibi for him (however, they would have to talk to many people in the village to make it work). That seems to make sense on the surface, because Mion knows he's going to kill the uncle when he called her like Satoshi.

But if they want to protect him, why don't they tell him about their plan even when they are alone with him? For example, why do they ask him 'why do you think Satoko's uncle didn't come home yesterday' after he talked to Satoko about this? They seem to corner him rather than protect him by asking him this question. If they really wanted to protect him, they should first try to find a place to talk to him alone and say 'we're going to pretend you were at the festival, please do the same' or something like this.

The next step: Afterwards they go 'treasure hunting' - maybe that means they'll hide the body in a better place (however, why in broad daylight?) - but Rena says later on they will go to the dam construction site which doesn't have anything to do with Teppei's body, does it? I also think the 'show me the receipt from the clinic' dialogue doesn't really make sense, apart from disturbing Keiichi.

In another discussion board someone brought up the hypothesis that Takano and the Yamainu took care of the body, the holes and so on, and later on killed Keiichi to be on the safe side. But I'm not sure if that would work, either.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 13:21   Link #191
battle22
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Age: 18
Send a message via Skype™ to battle22
They want to protect him But they want him to admit his crime. They will not backstab him but they are hurt because He didn't trust his friends. They Move the body of Tepei, this is why He can't find it anymore. They cornor him to admit his sin, They care for him and they want Keiichi to realize what he just did.As for telling others, they don't need to do that, Keiichi already did the murder effectivly and with some smart thinking , they added him on the night of watanagashi.If you have Read Umineko it is the same way as Kinzos Body (EP5). Heh
__________________
A not-so-average Umineko gameboard
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 14:37   Link #192
Draugur
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westfalen
Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
They want to protect him But they want him to admit his crime. They will not backstab him but they are hurt because He didn't trust his friends.
That sounds like a possible explanation. But I think the fact he didn't tell Rena and Mion anything about his real plan does not necessarily mean that he doesn't trust them. By telling them about it, he would make them his accomplices. If I was planning a crime like this, I would rather try not to involve my friends and face the consequences on my own. This is different from the Tsumihoroboshi situation when Rena kills both of them, without talking to others about how the problem could be solved (however, I think at least one of the murders Rena commits in Tsumihoroboshi is nothing but self defense). In Tatarigoroshi they talked about it for a long time without finding any solution.

Quote:
As for telling others, they don't need to do that, Keiichi already did the murder effectivly and with some smart thinking , they added him on the night of watanagashi.
I just thought that the alibi involves too many people, for example the other class members. Mion and her club members always make a lot of noise at the festival, so most people from Hinamizawa must know them and watch their activities at the festival. I think it could easily happen that someone from the class or their parents remembers Keiichi was not with them all the time.

The club members also tell Keiichi that the village leader scolded him because he was too near to the Saiguden. There is at least a possibility that someone asks the village leader about it and he doesn't know about this.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 14:48   Link #193
battle22
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Age: 18
Send a message via Skype™ to battle22
They are mad at him because He didn't talk to him about this, Murder is a serious crime and nothing justifies that, They are mad because, if they found out Keiichi was going to murder Tepei , they would have stoped him no matter what. As for Alibis, As I said It works the same way as Kinzo in Umineko Episode 5, There is a group of people, and during blind spots when nobody can see them, they act as in that person is really there, When the other classmates would notice that they were alone sometimes, they could have thought 'I heard they talking to maebara-san seconds ago, I guess he went somewhere else' .As for Kimiyoshi , they could have told him but either way, Why would someone ask Kimiyoshi such thing, the only person who would do would be Oiishi, and Since Mion moved tepeis body, Sonozaki Family probably knows too so they contacted Kimiyoshi and other people.
__________________
A not-so-average Umineko gameboard
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 15:19   Link #194
Draugur
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westfalen
Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
They are mad at him because He didn't talk to him about this, Murder is a serious crime and nothing justifies that, They are mad because, if they found out Keiichi was going to murder Tepei , they would have stoped him no matter what.
OK, I really see your point here.

But when they keep cornering and challenging him for some time and he doesn't get their intention at all, I think they should have told him honestly about what they know and what they feel about the murder. But I must admit that this would have spoilt the mystery of the chapter, so I see the reason why it doesn't happen.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 15:25   Link #195
battle22
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Age: 18
Send a message via Skype™ to battle22
I understand but same goes for Keiichi as well and Yeah the mystery factor here is amazing. Not as good as Watanagashi but still very good.
__________________
A not-so-average Umineko gameboard
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 16:52   Link #196
Draugur
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westfalen
By the way, what's your favourite chapter in the Visual Novel? For me it's Meakashi as well as Tsumihoroboshi, they are both very intense and emotional.

The background music in the Kai chapters is so much better (I'm talking about the Manga Gamer version, which - as far as I know - has less different pieces of music than the original Japanese version which I don't know. The music in the question arcs is actually good but there should be more tracks to avoid repeating too much).
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:27   Link #197
battle22
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Age: 18
Send a message via Skype™ to battle22
It's Minagoroshi, Meakashi and Watanagashi, Also Im reading the PS2 version
__________________
A not-so-average Umineko gameboard
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 06:44   Link #198
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Higurashi is being sold on Desura.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 03:33   Link #199
battle22
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Age: 18
Send a message via Skype™ to battle22
Umm, I think someone said that Oiishi knew about other worlds?
Well I was just reading Tsumihoroboshi and this scene came up randomly after Oishi and Irie finished talking,
..Umm the way it's placed makes it look like Oiishi is narrating this...O.o
__________________
A not-so-average Umineko gameboard
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:46   Link #200
~Pyro~
Dimension Drifter
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Roads Between Worlds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
Umm, I think someone said that Oiishi knew about other worlds?
Well I was just reading Tsumihoroboshi and this scene came up randomly after Oishi and Irie finished talking,
..Umm the way it's placed makes it look like Oiishi is narrating this...O.o
It's Rika who says that. If it were Oishi, you would see the quotation mark things.
__________________

"Men make gods. The mind of Man is so powerful that it can make "real" anything it desperately needs to be real"
~Bowgentle, The Quest for Tanelorn, Michael Moorcock
~Pyro~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.