AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-26, 13:19   Link #1281
garf02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
ok people, we need support

So apparently the people at BT can't fathom that Accel World has a legitimately large fanbase and claims the votes got spammed with bots. They froze the polls on their website and turned it into a Facebook poll where Accel World is leading regardless.

Seeing as how they have such a negative attitude towards AW, I doubt it will matter very much even if it does win in the poll.

Frozen Poll: http://baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtop...5206&start=405
Active Poll: https://www.facebook.com/Baka.Tsuki.org
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 16:39   Link #1282
Torva
Impossible
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mexico
Age: 22
''Code-Zero will then take one of the top 4 in votes, and I might take another of these series.''

i guess hell will break loose if none of these happen to be AW
Torva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 20:16   Link #1283
M1sFyr3
I eat babies
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Unless someone has already done so, I will attempt to compile all the spoilers and summaries in this thread together. It would be nice if someone is willing to help me with it or edit the compilation as I am compiling it since I have not read the series myself and want to make it easier for others like me to get quick, fast, summaries of the ln. If anyone wants to work on it with me I can do it on Google docs and provide my email. If someone has done it, sorry for posting this, I probably just haven't found your post of it yet, and I'm not trying to trample on it.
I want to try and find the spoilers for every volume, not any specific one, starting from the ones not already translated. As for experience, I have worked on my own share of online research projects and am fairly skilled in it, as long as I have the time to do it. I am deciding to do this as this thread seems like a goldmine of smaller and larger spoilers and summaries, and so far I have found only the 1-5 summaries and they are all fairly brief. However it would be nice if one of the people who actually read could help, of course there is no obligation for anyone to do anything. I personally do not know Japanese so I have been unable to read the series. I can give further details if anyone is interested or even cares
__________________
M1sFyr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 20:43   Link #1284
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
ok people, we need support

So apparently the people at BT can't fathom that Accel World has a legitimately large fanbase and claims the votes got spammed with bots. They froze the polls on their website and turned it into a Facebook poll where Accel World is leading regardless.

Seeing as how they have such a negative attitude towards AW, I doubt it will matter very much even if it does win in the poll.

Frozen Poll: http://baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtop...5206&start=405
Active Poll: https://www.facebook.com/Baka.Tsuki.org
Okay, how do you explain votes that jumped by the hundreds in 5 minutes then? It's not just against Accel World, there has been a lot of spam and botting on our forums recently for the other series, but why are you guys getting so defensive?

Oh, and btw, how do you like arguing on this thread?
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 20:55   Link #1285
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
but why are you guys getting so defensive?
You know why; In their minds the only reason why people wouldn't like their beloved series is because of a fat protagonist.

Yup, no other reasons can possibly exist.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 20:59   Link #1286
garf02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Okay, how do you explain votes that jumped by the hundreds in 5 minutes then? It's not just against Accel World, there has been a lot of spam and botting on our forums recently for the other series, but why are you guys getting so defensive?

Oh, and btw, how do you like arguing on this thread?

ok, bot on website poll

now tell me why even in FB AW still winning
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:00   Link #1287
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
That's exactly right! Thank You!
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:01   Link #1288
garf02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sFyr3 View Post
Unless someone has already done so, I will attempt to compile all the spoilers and summaries in this thread together. It would be nice if someone is willing to help me with it or edit the compilation as I am compiling it since I have not read the series myself and want to make it easier for others like me to get quick, fast, summaries of the ln. If anyone wants to work on it with me I can do it on Google docs and provide my email. If someone has done it, sorry for posting this, I probably just haven't found your post of it yet, and I'm not trying to trample on it.
I want to try and find the spoilers for every volume, not any specific one, starting from the ones not already translated. As for experience, I have worked on my own share of online research projects and am fairly skilled in it, as long as I have the time to do it. I am deciding to do this as this thread seems like a goldmine of smaller and larger spoilers and summaries, and so far I have found only the 1-5 summaries and they are all fairly brief. However it would be nice if one of the people who actually read could help, of course there is no obligation for anyone to do anything. I personally do not know Japanese so I have been unable to read the series. I can give further details if anyone is interested or even cares
http://pastebin.com/u/garf02
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:06   Link #1289
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
ok, bot on website poll

now tell me why even in FB AW still winning
Easier access to the crowd? We're not against Accel World winning, just so you know. It's just that there had been mass jumps in votes for every single series as well, including Full Metal Panic that went from like, 40 votes to 280 within an hour?

Seriously...let's put it this way, even if Accel World wins, it doesn't mean that we will take Accel World.

Quote:
Code-Zero will then take one of the top 4 in votes, and I might take another of these series.
And to put it simply, it's not like last year's poll where if SAO wins, it gets the translator. We do not assign translators; this is a poll individual translators decide to use to decide the next project.

Quote:
First, we are not a rigidly cohesive group. Rather, we are a collection of people who hold roughly similar interests. There is little in the way of control structure or specialized tasks, and we are very open to anyone who wishes to come and go - even to the point to allowing anonymous edits and contributions (within limits). To join the ranks of Baka-Tsuki one only needs to show up and contribute what they can.
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:10   Link #1290
garf02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Easier access to the crowd? We're not against Accel World winning, just so you know. It's just that there had been mass jumps in votes for every single series as well, including Full Metal Panic that went from like, 40 votes to 280 within an hour?

Seriously...let's put it this way, even if Accel World wins, it doesn't mean that we will take Accel World.



And to put it simply, it's not like last year's poll where if SAO wins, it gets the translator. We do not assign translators; this is a poll individual translators decide to use to decide the next project.
if you dont want to translate AW for whatever reason then just dont put it in your poll.
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:12   Link #1291
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
if you dont want to translate AW for whatever reason then just dont put it in your poll.
Do you happen to read the part where Teh_Ping says

Quote:
We do not assign translators; this is a poll individual translators decide to use to decide the next project.
What do you think Baka-Tsuki is? A Guild? A Collective? A Band of Writers working together for Love and Justice?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:13   Link #1292
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
if you dont want to translate AW for whatever reason then just dont put it in your poll.
It's not my poll. It's Code-Zero's. He makes all the conditions...I'm just hitchhiking.

And anyway, can the author of this webpage, please take down all your translations that were from us, or at least give some credits to the translators? We do not agree to anyone profitting from our translations here.
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:59   Link #1293
KuroiHikari
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
ok people, we need support

So apparently the people at BT can't fathom that Accel World has a legitimately large fanbase and claims the votes got spammed with bots. They froze the polls on their website and turned it into a Facebook poll where Accel World is leading regardless.

Seeing as how they have such a negative attitude towards AW, I doubt it will matter very much even if it does win in the poll.

Frozen Poll: http://baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtop...5206&start=405
Active Poll: https://www.facebook.com/Baka.Tsuki.org
Technically, I didn't freeze the polls, I locked the topic, because people started to get flamy and trolly, the side-effect was that you couldn't vote anymore

Last edited by KuroiHikari; 2012-08-26 at 22:25.
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:05   Link #1294
XxSleepyxX
Learner
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: HONEY~
Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
if you dont want to translate AW for whatever reason then just dont put it in your poll.
A) It's not Teh_ping's poll.
B) Its not they don't want to translate AW, the translators that are translating are busy with rl shit.
C) What your doing is digging your own grave. What your currently doing is annoying the people who had the slight thought of willing to translate AW. By acting like a total ass your telling the whole Translation community of B-T that if someone decides to translate AW and translate it at a slow pace your going to go all anal in their face.
D) Teh_ping said he would pick up something from the poll if n0m@n wasn't going to do it. At this current moment. I HONESTLY DOUBT TEH_PING WOULD PICK AW.
__________________
XxSleepyxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:08   Link #1295
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Please don't disrespect the translators on Baka-Tsuki. They have taken their own free time to provide you something not essential for their lively hood. Its great that you have the enthusiasm and support to try and get a Light Novel translated, but please pay heed what Baka-Tsuki is.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:10   Link #1296
Redlar
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiHikari View Post
Technically, I didn't freeze the polls, I locked the topic, because people started to get flamy and trolly, the side-effect was that you couldn't vote anymore
It was the right decision, but the first complaint in the Facebook poll was about Accel World being in the lead and possibly having its numbers boosted by bot voting. I think AW fans are justifiably defensive about accusations of cheating.

This is Code-Zero's poll, right? Is Teh_Ping going to take one of the remaining top four, or just pick from the overall list once Code-Zero makes a decision?
Redlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:24   Link #1297
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar View Post
It was the right decision, but the first complaint in the Facebook poll was about Accel World being in the lead and possibly having its numbers boosted by bot voting. I think AW fans are justifiably defensive about accusations of cheating.

This is Code-Zero's poll, right? Is Teh_Ping going to take one of the remaining top four, or just pick from the overall list once Code-Zero makes a decision?
You are given your right to correct that person on Facebook, that person may not know how the facebook poll works. Despite that, the defensive seems to be wide spread and overblown for something small and relatively easy to fix without the widespread of a conflict. How is that warranted to an entire blog posting complaints against Baka-Tsuki? http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/70714693/

Teh_Ping should not have come here to warn anyone in here. The rules are easy to access and read. http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...uki:Copyrights
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ka-Tsuki:About
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:27   Link #1298
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Please don't disrespect the translators on Baka-Tsuki. They have taken their own free time to provide you something not essential for their lively hood. Its great that you have the enthusiasm and support to try and get a Light Novel translated, but please pay heed what Baka-Tsuki is.
True. It's really difficult to translate. We should be more appreciative to them for giving time and effort just to translate. After all, they are doing this for free. We just have to patiently wait and be thankful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar View Post
It was the right decision, but the first complaint in the Facebook poll was about Accel World being in the lead and possibly having its numbers boosted by bot voting. I think AW fans are justifiably defensive about accusations of cheating.

This is Code-Zero's poll, right? Is Teh_Ping going to take one of the remaining top four, or just pick from the overall list once Code-Zero makes a decision?
True but there is a limit though. We can't go around bashing people to defend something we like.

Anyway, we still have the summaries here to tide us over while waiting for the real bulk of the story.
__________________
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:28   Link #1299
Redlar
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Um, I was saying locking the thread was the right decision. Not defending the unwarranted complaining at all here.
Redlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:29   Link #1300
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Facebook poll jacking would be a stupid argument, but KH is right about the votes boost. And please remember that Mismarca had huge votes jump a day after.

And second, I believe that Ping can pick one from the remaining 3 if he likes one. Up to him. So can he make another poll and add new projects for it. Or just pick the project he really wants to translate.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.