AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-26, 22:49   Link #801
amoirsp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the game story structure, no future spoilers:
Spoiler:


My guesses for anime speculation will remain the same unless a future episode totally kills the possibility. The show is obviously putting hints here and there, but that's about it, all possibilities mentioned still remain.

Last edited by amoirsp; 2012-08-26 at 22:53. Reason: EDIT: Another comment.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 23:10   Link #802
Dorsai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Spoiler for Comparison with Mashiro-iro Symphony:
__________________

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-27 at 00:18. Reason: Not everyone viewed that other show, so added spoiler tags
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 00:36   Link #803
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Spoiler for Comparison with Mashiro-iro Symphony:
Spoiler for Comparison with Mashiro-iro Symphony:
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 04:08   Link #804
hyl
smile
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

Honestly, their main enemy is just time, but that's always going to be the case with one-cour adaptations of ~40 hour games.
In my opinion one cour should be enough for most adaptations if they only decided to animate the common route and one route as a major focus. Which means a story of roughly 10 hours compressed in an anime of roughly 4 hours (12 times 20 minutes).

Spoiler for comment on structure:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 05:22   Link #805
Dorsai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Spoiler for Spoiler for Comparison with Mashiro-iro Symphony:
__________________
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 12:54   Link #806
hyl
smile
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler for Comparison with Mashiro-iro Symphony:
Spoiler for other VN/eroge adaptations:


Back on koichoco. You say that there is already mutual love between Chisato and Yuuki, but i haven't seen much of that in the anime. I know the reason for it but it is not revealed yet.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 13:10   Link #807
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler for Comparison with Mashiro-iro Symphony:
Spoiler for Comparison with Mashiro-iro Symphony (last time from me):
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 17:40   Link #808
Dorsai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Thats why i not watch too much VN adaptations... Compared to good LN/manga adaptations romance/plot looks average at best. Its shame, because some VN games are really good. I can remember only few like True Tears, KimiKiss, Myself; Yourself, H2O, ef - a tale of memories, Tsuyokiss that i really liked...

Hyl i didnt said that there is a lot of it. There aee only few subtle hints and interpretations of some scenes... I didnt play the game, but i can guess what problem you mentioned here.
__________________
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 17:58   Link #809
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for other VN/eroge adaptations:
Spoilers
Spoiler for Memories
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

In essence, there could be a lot of hints that people are missing in these characters that could end up determining who the chosen heroine will be. However, if they spread it around to include hints for every girl, then it would be bad writing by the anime staff. Currently, there are only strong hints for Chisato and Satsuki.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 18:16   Link #810
Dorsai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Poland
Age: 29
I would prefer for people to find hints and interpret some scenes by themself then writing it there by myself. Though three or four scenes between Chisato and Yuuki are really unique, i rarely saw sth like this between childhood friends and it would be shame to miss it. Message concluded in them is not easy to read, but really worth trouble.

E: Hmm Canva 2 and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.. I searched for some info about them and they seems interestining enough to watch them.

Ok i started to watch Canva 2 and its really good, never saw VN adaptation that good in showing interactions between characters, especially hidden emotions between lines...And whats important- its a lot more realistic then most romances. Characters not spend most time on thinking who lreally love, who he really love, who she really love, how to confess etc. Most of them know what they really want from begining what makes interactions between them a lot more exciting... Conversation between Elis and Kiri in 2 episode was sth else, at many different level... OP is really nice too...
__________________

Last edited by Dorsai; 2012-08-27 at 19:56.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 18:27   Link #811
amoirsp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Thats why i not watch too much VN adaptations... Compared to good LN/manga adaptations romance/plot looks average at best. Its shame, because some VN games are really good. I can remember only few like True Tears, KimiKiss, Myself; Yourself, H2O, ef - a tale of memories, Tsuyokiss that i really liked...

Hyl i didnt said that there is a lot of it. There aee only few subtle hints and interpretations of some scenes... I didnt play the game, but i can guess what problem you mentioned here.
Small interjection: True Tears the anime had absolutely no relation to True Tears the game. What you saw in the anime never existed in anything and was not an adaptation per se (unless you call using the same title an adaptation).

Anyways it's more of a dilution issue. Usually works better on a work that is more linear or uses routes to procure a true route, not one that doesn't have a plot per se and has branches totally unrelated to one another.

For Koichoco I'll say whoever wrote the base game did well in making multiple characters likable. I have no complaints in that regard. XD


Someone pointed out to me that episode 8 preview had Satsuki (and Hazuki) talk for the first time on previews. I completely missed this fact and was amused after noticing it much later.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 19:00   Link #812
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Finally got around to watching episodes 5 through 7. Love the Sayaka/Kyoko cameo. Glad they finally answered the Chocolate part of the title to at least some extent. However, I'm a little agitated that Yuuki had this realization about Shinonome's platform at the end of episode 4, and then seems to just not care anymore after that.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 19:53   Link #813
Lukeman1884
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Finally got around to watching episodes 5 through 7. Love the Sayaka/Kyoko cameo. Glad they finally answered the Chocolate part of the title to at least some extent. However, I'm a little agitated that Yuuki had this realization about Shinonome's platform at the end of episode 4, and then seems to just not care anymore after that.
I'm assuming next ep will address that, considering most of it seems to revolve around Yuuki being stuck in her room, which is probably going to lead to the discussion everyone's been waiting for.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 01:12   Link #814
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Basically, the rule for Visual Novel adaptations is that the character most central to the plot premise (and thus closest to the protagonist) will tend to be the final romantic partner, unless the show wants to make heartbreak a central element of the story (in which case a secondary character will usurp the first as closest to the protagonist, resulting in heartbreak both for that character and for the viewers that were cheering for her romance).

In this case, it was pretty telling to me that they chose a scriptwriter who is most famous for writing for writing romantic stories with lots of dramatic elements (ef, KgNE, the "famous" episodes of Shuffle, etc.). So, based on this and on what we've seen so far in the anime, my prediction is that the anime will go for a dramatic finale. I suspect that will include heartbreak as a central element. But, of course, as we already see, there are already a bunch of different angles they could play on, even if they do want to include this element. We'll see what they do...
Given such a track record, Chisato's chances kind of takes a huge fall as I assume majority of the heartbreak that has the potential to create a dramatic finale revolves around Chisato losing IMO. This also improves Mifuyu's chances as her becoming a actual rival would heavily increase the drama that would unfold.

Also I agree with the general rule for VN adaptions the female character which becomes involved with the MC as a consequence of the setting and premise is usually the romantic partner, which also explains why childhood friends who are always by the side of the MC is more often than not less likely to be the romantic partner in most VN adaptions.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 03:29   Link #815
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Given such a track record, Chisato's chances kind of takes a huge fall as I assume majority of the heartbreak that has the potential to create a dramatic finale revolves around Chisato losing IMO. This also improves Mifuyu's chances as her becoming a actual rival would heavily increase the drama that would unfold.
After reading that specific post, I had the same thought on Chisato and Mifuyu, and indirectly on Satsuki.
Now someone will have me on her conscience if something goes wrong
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 06:23   Link #816
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Okay, after watching episode 7, I will be so disappointed if Satsuki doesn't win (romance).
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 07:36   Link #817
Dorsai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Poland
Age: 29
There is only one reason why childhood friend usually lost in romances. And whats important- its same reason why childhood friend rarely decide to be together even in real life... When people grow up together they create specific bond and dont want to lost it. Being in relationship is dangerous, because love is painful and people split up often... If they would ever decide to split up then they would never come back to being friends anymore. Afraid of losing that specific bond is enough to abstain from making step forward. And there is sth else connected to this- boys in shounens and girls in shoujo usually treat their childhood friends more like sister/brother. And its not like they cant fall in love with them- they just need push to do it.

Try to analize Vn adaptations or any romances anime- most childhood friends who win are the one who separate from MC for some years and grow up apart. Thats because reasons i writed above are a lot weaker in this case or even not exist. Its childhood friends who grow up with MC and spend or their life with him rarely wins. And thats why its really unique and special on emotional level to see girls like this winning.
__________________
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 12:34   Link #818
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
There is only one reason why childhood friend usually lost in romances. And whats important- its same reason why childhood friend rarely decide to be together even in real life...
Actually, in anime the reason they usually lose (unless the author is Gosho Aoyama, then EVERYONE gets a childhood friend turned love interest) is because they want the guy to admit his feelings to them first, but then someone else comes who he falls in love with. It's only then that the childhood friend starts to take things seriously and tries to show her feelings, but it's too late at that point.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 15:00   Link #819
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
Chisato seems to appear in more emotional scenes with Yuki so I'll give her the edge but I like Satsuki more.

Teacher route is still the best but that doesn't seem to exist in the VN. Should be anime exclusive.
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:44   Link #820
Akarin
...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 15
Images
Amagami?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.